Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2014-12-08 04:51:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »
The graphics do look quite nice, but it looks like a next-gen version of IV rather than an evolutionary leap like I'd expect from a full version release. Maybe I was expecting an art-style shift or something like we got going from II to III. Of course expecting anything except incremental improvements from Capcom is just setting one's self up for disappointment.

Its more like a shift due to the influence of working with Harada as the graphics have been compared with the more recent Tekken entries than the IV series. And the III series is more of an evolution of the Alpha series than II looking at the concepts. Purely opinion-based but I think Capcom is giving people exactly the art style they want out of a game like this and not the style the IV series presented.

All I see are the IV models with more detailed textures. They may as well have called this SF IV: Definitive Edition. It's ok. It's not a make or break thing and it does look less goofy/cartoony than IV. It just doesn't look like they built it from the ground up with its own engine.

"Eye of the Beholder" I guess. Personally I see the movement and models as so very different from the IV series in the way that the III series was from the II series. But just like you, graphics in this type of game are never make or break to me either.
 Leviathan.Kogasho
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kogasho
By Leviathan.Kogasho 2014-12-08 06:57:15
Link | Citer | R

< The Best Bipson

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2014-12-08 07:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kogasho said: »
< The Best Bipson

Ahhh yes. Most people remember that match for the epic commentary xD
 Bahamut.Zellc
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2014-12-08 08:56:55
Link | Citer | R

I think the art is one of the most important things. Next to netcode and frame rate. The characters need to look cool to get initial interest and they need to do cool moves to keep you playing.

That said, like an above poster mentioned, the models do look less cartoony and less bulky(at least from what we saw from chun and ryu).
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2014-12-08 14:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Here's the gameplay trailer in stunning 60fps!

Odin.Phunkism
Serveur: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-12-08 14:36:52
Link | Citer | R

60 fps makes a huge difference. I thought the original trailer looked kind of stiff like something out of MK but this looks much better.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2014-12-08 14:56:03
Link | Citer | R

Max breaks down the gameplay trailer. Key note: the first live matches from the game will be played at Capcom Cup this Saturday!

Shiva.Kingmancat
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-12-14 03:40:06
Link | Citer | R

More of the same, yes, but with a nice reveal at the end.

[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2014-12-14 05:03:18
Link | Citer | R

My first thought was that maybe Charlie was experimented on by Bison, but then when you look at the gem on his forehead it's similar to Gills and Uriens from 3rd strike so maybe resurrected by Gill/Illuminati?
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2014-12-14 08:11:14
Link | Citer | R

First live SFV matches!!! Combofiend(chun) vs Mike Ross(ryu). Noodle hat!

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-02-24 16:50:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Strummer
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Strummer 2015-02-25 10:09:46
Link | Citer | R

/grunts excitedly
By Presidentmerman 2015-02-25 10:29:56
Link | Citer | R

Charlie (Nash) has never looked so hawt and Bison tease?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-25 10:32:59
Link | Citer | R

I might say something dangerous for this thread but...MK > SF!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-25 10:35:40
Link | Citer | R

KOF > SF!!

:D
 Asura.Highwynn
Serveur: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-25 10:42:59
Link | Citer | R

KOF has always been the more stylish and hip version of Sf. Ground projectiles? Rapid multihit rush supers, swaggy special intros, overpowered final bosses that annihilate you stylishly.

I hope Nash keeps his MvC2 "Too Easy" taunt.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-25 10:50:51
Link | Citer | R

Reason why i love charlie is he does a reverse flashkick. Guile does it old school, just a regular somersault, charlie turns so his back faces his opponent, and then does a flash kick so the heel hits first. That, and the one handed sonic booms. Man iust read the alpha udon comics. He somersault justices a mountain in half.

Whats up with his flash kick in this video, it looks like Rugal's Genocide Cutter. In alpha/mvc, when charlie flash kicks, he's supposed to do a complete reverse somersault(turns away from target and does a crouching forward somersault so his heels kick him up in the air). This shadow charlie is way more strider-ish. Also i miss the old calm and collected charlie. Needs more "hmphs" "heh" and "too easy".

This is the character that inspired the sf5 version of Charlie for those unfamiliar.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-25 11:14:35
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, kind of a Charlie fan. He's so underrated but the rivalry between Charlie and Guile is alot cooler and more balanced than Ryu and Ken, where Ryu always dominated. Charlie taught Guile all his moves but seems like now they're gonna flesh out Charlie's real arts(rather than making them a palette swap of Guile's). I guess this new Charlie will demonstrate the original arts version of the martial arts he developed.

Btw here's the udon Guile vs Charlie fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL724F6FF2D031BD58&v=up-uzGUOrjA
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-02-25 11:25:22
Link | Citer | R

I've been a KoF fan in the past, but I didn't like the reboot at all.

Guilty Gear ftw :)
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-25 11:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Kof 95-2002 were the only good ones. As soon as they beefed up Terry and gave him baggy jeans, I knew I was done with Kof
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-02-25 11:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Kof 95-2002 were the only good ones. As soon as they beefed up Terry and gave him baggy jeans, I knew I was done with Kof
Mark of Wolves Terry was good though!

I stopped playing after 2001 because of lack of console releases.
2002UM seemed to be the best version but by 2009 SF has already revived the genre and dominated the market.
[+]
 Cerberus.Reiden
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-02-25 11:59:52
Link | Citer | R

Dont forget kof 94 was pretty incredible also. kof 95 was just a powered up version.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-02-25 12:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Reiden said: »

Dont forget kof 94 was pretty incredible also. kof 95 was just a powered up version.
I didn't get into the series till 97. Idk, but 94 didn't look like much, 95 improved a lot on it, but 96 provided an even greater boost to the game in terms of fluidity and graphics

Still all were full of bugs :P
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-25 12:31:08
Link | Citer | R

98 and 2002 were the best. The dream match series which had all the bosses playable. 99 was also amazing as it had redrawn sprites and everyone looked fresh. Nightmare Geese in 2002 was so broken if you watch combo videos of him. Probably had the fastest projectile of any fighting game character. Nearly unavoidable.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-02-25 13:22:29
Link | Citer | R

98 and 2002 were the best. The dream match series which had all the bosses playable. 99 was also amazing as it had redrawn sprites and everyone looked fresh. Nightmare Geese in 2002 was so broken if you watch combo videos of him. Probably had the fastest projectile of any fighting game character. Nearly unavoidable.
99 Kyo <3 (design-wise)
99 was the one where I really started learning to play the game properly. You know, combos, spacing, and stuff.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-02-25 13:39:39
Link | Citer | R

Reason why i love charlie is he does a reverse flashkick. Guile does it old school, just a regular somersault, charlie turns so his back faces his opponent, and then does a flash kick so the heel hits first.

From what I can see, the reason they changed it might have to do with the difference between 2D sprite graphics and today's graphical style with much more realistic movement from the characters.

With sprites, they can cut frames to have him instantly turn his back like that during the kick. With realistic motion, it would add frames and make the move come out slower. Just my take on it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [83 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-05-19 15:11:23
Link | Citer | R

Who will be the "Best Bipson" with this version of him?
[+]
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-05-20 23:43:58
Link | Citer | R

Even with (or maybe because of) the grey setting in, he still looks like a badass. I like the trenchcoat style shirt they used to replace his old cape.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-06-12 18:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2015-06-12 19:22:43
Link | Citer | R

One of the best vids out of all of the latest footage demonstrating the mechanics and them being applied in a serious match.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7