Street Fighter 5
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2014-12-05 13:32:52
Link | Citer | R

I have nothing to say but make twitch emotes cause I be trollin you, you caught me slippin D: whatever shall I do, I guess I could save face somehow hmmm. JASSIK HELP
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-12-05 13:40:36
Link | Citer | R

1 thing i really hope to see in this new street fighter is something to help new players learn to play better, To be really good at previous street fighters requires months of practicing/muscle memory, the street fighter franchise really markets to only the hardcore audience.
 Shiva.Gib
Serveur: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-12-05 13:48:58
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
1 thing i really hope to see in this new street fighter is something to help new players learn to play better, To be really good at previous street fighters requires months of practicing/muscle memory, the street fighter franchise really markets to only the hardcore audience.
yeah, if anything they should take a clue from Killer Instinct 3 with that, the Training mode in KI3 is AMAZING. Super in-depth and even explains all the odd little nuances with actual in-game examples, even explaining risk/rewards of certain moves ect. You could spend hours in the training and it will make you a much better player as a result.

I mean hell, they even had a thing with Fireballs, like showing how you can jump over then, block them, slide under them, counter with your own fireballs, overpower with supers and , ect. the upside/downsides of all of them. honestly the training mode was the thing that impressed me most about KI3

SF4 and like MvC3 training was basically "mimic this" not really giving real world examples, ect.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-05 14:47:18
Link | Citer | R

Idk about that one. Street Fighter has always been a growing franchise, but the basics that make the game good will never change. Everything from footsies to normals, spacing, ground-game, counter hits, 50/50 setups, etc - I think the hardcore players will always have an advantage in street fighter because they understand the game mechanics better. Spending hours in the training room actually does not translate into getting better in any real match. Sure, it may teach you a few practical combos and enders, but you always learn more from the game from devoting time to practicing and playing against other local competition, and not the computer.

Playing online helps a little bit, but its almost like you have to dedicate a large amount of your time to doing research on forums to learn the game. The small adjustments they do make (cosmetic changes, outfits, etc) are always for the general audience. I learned that street fighter is a really in depth game, and, unless you are willing to devote endless hours into practicing, you won't be very good. Training room can only do so much, no matter how elementary they make it.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2014-12-05 15:30:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Idk about that one. Street Fighter has always been a growing franchise, but the basics that make the game good will never change. Everything from footsies to normals, spacing, ground-game, counter hits, 50/50 setups, etc - I think the hardcore players will always have an advantage in street fighter because they understand the game mechanics better. Spending hours in the training room actually does not translate into getting better in any real match. Sure, it may teach you a few practical combos and enders, but you always learn more from the game from devoting time to practicing and playing against other local competition, and not the computer.

Playing online helps a little bit, but its almost like you have to dedicate a large amount of your time to doing research on forums to learn the game. The small adjustments they do make (cosmetic changes, outfits, etc) are always for the general audience. I learned that street fighter is a really in depth game, and, unless you are willing to devote endless hours into practicing, you won't be very good. Training room can only do so much, no matter how elementary they make it.

This. The core fundamentals that apply to all fighting games are the most important for becoming good at a particular game. Even if SF5 added an in depth training section on spacing, pokes, punishes etc you couldn't possibly get a true grasp of them until you learn to apply them against real people, by a trial of getting rekt repeatedly until you learn.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-12-05 15:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I know, thats any video game though, you wont be good until you play against real people, but what im saying is street fighter 5 needs some sort of tutorial to at least give you some clue of how to play the game.

Hell I played street fighter for years, never being able to do a shoryuken on command, until someone told me you just do the hadoken motion, but start with right, instead of down and go back to right and punch.........

its like the episode of simpsons..... Lisa: "I need more then just tapa tapa tapa".
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-05 16:13:11
Link | Citer | R

You're kidding me, right? A clue of how to play the game? Did you go through any of the trials, which have pretty much walk-throughs of how to perform combos? The menu actually gives you hints as to how to do them.

Dude, the instruction manually LITERALLY shows you exactly the motion you need to do to perform moves. Previous games were not this in-depth. They just told you to press a few directions and hit P. The newer versions of the game show the exact motion you should use to do the move.

I don't know man. You have to not be a button masher to expect to be good at the game. You can't blame the game design on that. It doesn't work like that. Take your time and learn the game, and you will see its not really difficult to perform any of the moves, but rather, takes time and practice to use them effectively.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-12-05 16:34:39
Link | Citer | R

Street Fighter Etiquette Rule #11:
If you are defeated by a button-masher you are to immediately punch them in the face. There is no compromise on this rule.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-12-05 16:36:35
Link | Citer | R

I know how to play street fighter(had 2 older brothers that beat me for years)..... what im saying is that if capcom is going to try a new fighting game, they really need to learn how to market to new people that haven't grown up with street fighter and teach some newcomers how to get into it...

gamers these days need everything explained to them 1 by 1, there's no figuring out things anymore, (watch Egoraptors mega man sequilitis to see what I mean....)
By gdiShun 2014-12-05 16:58:27
Link | Citer | R

I know how to play street fighter(had 2 older brothers that beat me for years)..... what im saying is that if capcom is going to try a new fighting game, they really need to learn how to market to new people that haven't grown up with street fighter and teach some newcomers how to get into it...

gamers these days need everything explained to them 1 by 1, there's no figuring out things anymore, (watch Egoraptors mega man sequilitis to see what I mean....)

Problem is even if they tell you everything, it's still not enough to actually be good at these games. You need the experience, practice and muscle memory to be good. And the people who need the game to tell them everything, aren't going to put in the time required to actually be good. So it's pretty pointless.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have. It's just not enough to attract the gamers who need everything told to them.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-12-07 03:24:35
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Not the best way to go about a trailer, but it makes it official.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-07 06:19:24
Link | Citer | R

I've played Street Fighter since I was little in arcades, but to this day my strategy is still the same as it was back then: to press all the buttons randomly hoping something will happen.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-12-07 06:48:35
Link | Citer | R

I kinda wanted a departure from the SFIV/SFXT art style. Each numbered SF title was unique in that aspect, so it kinda disappointed me that SFV art is based on SFIV.
 Bahamut.Zellc
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2014-12-07 07:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Love the box art confirms. Also, I think lynx is talking about something like this:

Where at around 13:50 the game shows you how to do option selects. This is one example of how GGXrd straight up teaches you advanced tech. SF, being the highly recognizable brand that it is, should have tutorial or training like this.

Also on stage it was said that there will be cross platform play between pc and ps4. And that SF5 will forever only appear on pc and ps4.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-12-07 10:57:10
Link | Citer | R

THIS, albeit short, is the trailer we wanted.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Serveur: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-07 11:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »

THIS is the trailer we wanted to see, even if it is short.

EDIT - Seems the embed doesn't want to work right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIOMBc6E_MQ#t=71

I keep saying, don't post the whole URL, just the video ID and it aways work fine.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-12-07 11:05:44
Link | Citer | R

Fixed before you even posted. :p
By gdiShun 2014-12-07 11:07:47
Link | Citer | R

Looks like there might be a block meter break at :56? :o
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-12-07 11:08:41
Link | Citer | R

gdiShun said: »
Looks like there might be a block meter break at :56? :o

I definitely saw what looks like a Guard Crush.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-07 11:23:50
Link | Citer | R

Just watched this trailer. May I be the first to say that the graphics look f*cking amazing!

I don't know if its just me, though, but this game looks like a huge cross between VF5 & SFxT graphics with the real environments. Its cool looking, and definitely not the bright color spotting that was in the sf4 series.

I'm excited for this game, though I'm sure my babybooski Cammy won't be top tier like she should always be.

#hailcammy
 Bahamut.Zellc
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2014-12-07 12:09:39
Link | Citer | R

Also if you look closely, you can see that they are activating something similar to Instinct. When he pops it he gets electric element modifier and can connect link a wider variation of combos, a la Killer Instinct[edit: KI's Jago].

Chunners gets a double kikoken and water like element. Could just be cosmetic and have no effect. Also both gain extra paint stroke on their attacks.

Got all this info from watching Max and his crew evaluate the gameplay trailer at like 2 or 3 am today via live stream.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2014-12-07 12:52:55
Link | Citer | R

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/dec/06/playstation-4-will-be-only-console-street-fighter-5-ever-appears-its-built-ground-ps4-notable-quotes-sony-presser/

Uh yeah, for anyone holding out for an Xbox One release... don't hold your breath. If this and other articles are to be believed, the Street Fighter V series will never come out on another console.

At least its cross-platform so PS4 and PC players can go head-to-head =)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-07 15:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Cross platform is great, but let's be honest: Capcom is extremely greedy. There is no way in virtual hell they would limit this game to PS4/PC ONLY. This is an arcade game, with a future console release. Its a crappy tactic (similar to sf4 being released in arcades first) where people speculated if a pc version would ever be released.

It may not be released for xbox1 right off the bat, but either the 2015ae or something will definitely expand to xbox1. The made the majority of their money, not off game sales, but off of selling DLC and outfits etc. They aren't so closed-minded to greed, even if Ps4 wants to hold all the console cards.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2014-12-07 15:36:49
Link | Citer | R

Even if there was an Xbox version in the future, it would be probably be limited in that it wouldn't be able to be played cross-platform with PC or PS4.

Without cross-platform play and the fact that an Xbox version would have to be a port, it would take a big incentive to play a version of the game that wouldn't be the tournament standard.

The current and near-future perspective of fighting games is that you should get a PS4 because all the best fighting games are only on that console. This gives Capcom another reason to shy away from the Xbox One. They needed Sony's money to make this game and don't have the space to go after a console that is no longer a sure thing for fighting games.
By gdiShun 2014-12-07 16:00:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
"Street Fighter 5 will be built from the ground up for PlayStation," added Boyes. "We partnered with Capcom on the development of Street Fighter 5, we're working together to make Street Fighter the ideal game for console."

Yoshinori Ono, the executive producer of Street Fighter at Capcom, added a few statements as well.

"When we first began working on what's next for the vision of the Street Fighter franchise, we reached out to PlayStation," Ono said through a translator.

"It was clear to match the passion of Street Fighter fans around the world, we needed the combined strength of both Capcom and PlayStation," said Ono.

Capcom a while back was saying they can't afford to make SF5. Sounds like they asked Sony for some help financially.
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-12-07 17:44:38
Link | Citer | R

The graphics do look quite nice, but it looks like a next-gen version of IV rather than an evolutionary leap like I'd expect from a full version release. Maybe I was expecting an art-style shift or something like we got going from II to III. Of course expecting anything except incremental improvements from Capcom is just setting one's self up for disappointment.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-12-07 18:01:04
Link | Citer | R

There is an analytical breakdown of the fight scenes that points out some new abilities, but I could be mistaken. I just remember watching something about that.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-12-07 18:36:31
Link | Citer | R

It looks to me like they made it so you can use EX moves by activating a mode (like KI3's Instinct). It certainly seemed like moves took on new properties and had more hits when they did it. And, Dat Guard Crush.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2014-12-08 01:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
The graphics do look quite nice, but it looks like a next-gen version of IV rather than an evolutionary leap like I'd expect from a full version release. Maybe I was expecting an art-style shift or something like we got going from II to III. Of course expecting anything except incremental improvements from Capcom is just setting one's self up for disappointment.

Its more like a shift due to the influence of working with Harada as the graphics have been compared with the more recent Tekken entries than the IV series. And the III series is more of an evolution of the Alpha series than II looking at the concepts. Purely opinion-based but I think Capcom is giving people exactly the art style they want out of a game like this and not the style the IV series presented.

Kalila said: »
There is an analytical breakdown of the fight scenes that points out some new abilities, but I could be mistaken. I just remember watching something about that.

You can see analytical breakdowns on many fighting game sites and even some general gaming sites. Best to wait until Capcom Cup to see a demo of the gameplay though.
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-12-08 04:32:43
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »

Its more like a shift due to the influence of working with Harada as the graphics have been compared with the more recent Tekken entries than the IV series. And the III series is more of an evolution of the Alpha series than II looking at the concepts. Purely opinion-based but I think Capcom is giving people exactly the art style they want out of a game like this and not the style the IV series presented.

All I see are the IV models with more detailed textures. They may as well have called this SF IV: Definitive Edition. It's ok. It's not a make or break thing and it does look less goofy/cartoony than IV. It just doesn't look like they built it from the ground up with its own engine.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7