Lua Addon Ideas
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 28 29 30
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-10 10:00:22
Link | Citer | R

I know this was mentioned somewhere, but I forget where - so I'll drop this here! :D

It was suggested to have something like an exportgear command in Spellcast, that pulls all your inventory into a list (opposed to just the current set you're wearing). I've only just started playing with the new GearCollector plugin (I tried the app when it was first developed, had a lot of trouble with it so I didn't bother) and I'm loving it, but it often misses a few bits of gear that I need - because I don't have them in sets. Now, I know I could go through every piece and add it by hand, but having to do that for 10+ XML's is a little tiresome. If for nothing else, it'd make new XML files much easier to make "GearCollector friendly".
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-16 10:55:55
Link | Citer | R

Idea: A Daze Tracker that uses the action packet.

The current addon "Daze" just analyzes chat messages and displays dazes used by the player. This should be re-worked to use monster-ID and "defeats" message to be more accurate and work for dazes applied by other players. It should use the change_target event to swap custom timers and display the daze active on your current target. By storing a timestamp of the daze application, it should be able to determine daze level / time remaining even in cases where you are not the one that applied the daze.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-16 11:05:26
Link | Citer | R

Idea: Temporary Plugin/Addon Controller

The launcher currently allows registry setting customization when logging in, but it does not allow players to customize which plugins/addons will be active on their different characters. This is a feature that is planned eventually, but a Lua addon could be quickly made to solve this problem in the meantime. It would just use a settings file with the same format as anything else and sent the appropriate load/unload commands as the characters logged in.

This would have to honor the plugin manifest (windower/update/manifest.xml) so it knows which plugins are currently broken and doesn't try to load them.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-16 11:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Idea: Burden Tracker

We know how to calculate burden when using PUP maneuvers. We can access all the relevant variables in Lua. We should display it!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2013-05-16 11:13:01
Link | Citer | R

Any way to display characters that aren't in party? I lag pretty hard sometimes and if I could just run around not having to see every single person, it would help greatly.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-16 11:17:17
Link | Citer | R

This is possible in the sense that other 3P Aps have done it, but not possible through Lua and I'm not sure it's possible in general without some new tools for windower.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-05-16 11:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I can probably do it in Battlemod, but can you think of how you'd want them to appear?

Also, it's pretty unlikely that you can tell how many hits on a WS critical'd.

[Eyrhika] XXXX Upheaval (4Hit) => Target
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-16 11:19:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
I can probably do it in Battlemod, but can you think of how you'd want them to appear?

I looked in to that more, and I don't think it's actually possible.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-05-16 11:21:39
Link | Citer | R

I looked in to that more, and I don't think it's actually possible.

Ahh, Is a sad panda
 Lakshmi.Sykel
user: Sykel
By Lakshmi.Sykel 2013-05-17 21:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Would there be a way to make it so that only the currently active window makes sound?

I think it would be cool if I could freely alt-tab between the two clients, and sound only played for the current client. It would fix my problem with hearing mis-synchronized sounds coming from the "other" client.
 Quetzalcoatl.Morari
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Morari
By Quetzalcoatl.Morari 2013-05-22 03:56:03
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to make an addon that automagically uses (certain) VW temps at the start, reapplying them when staggers are hit?

Yeah, I know VW is lol now, but it would still be useful especially if it could be extended to a general "if X, then use Y" addon.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-22 04:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Morari said: »
Is it possible to make an addon that automagically uses (certain) VW temps at the start, reapplying them when staggers are hit?

Yeah, I know VW is lol now, but it would still be useful especially if it could be extended to a general "if X, then use Y" addon.

It should be possible, yes
Code
event_gain_status(id, name)
for when you gain voidwatcher status, use it to input /item "whatever" <me> - then
Code
event_lose_status(id, name)
and
Code
event_incoming_text(original, modified, mode)
to determine when and if you can use a new temp
 Bahamut.Braxtaru
Serveur: Bahamut
user: braxtaru
By Bahamut.Braxtaru 2013-05-22 05:31:08
Link | Citer | R

I started a add-on that tracks the skill up fractions from chatlog and rewrites the output to include the full skill amount and fraction.
blah's Cooking skill reaches 107.2

but ran into issues making it remember between chars/logons (writing out to files)

So throwing it out as an idea for someone with more lua experience than myself :) - should be really simple
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-22 06:01:13
Link | Citer | R

The hard part about this is finding the base skill level. You can only get to 0.1 accuracy when you level up.
 Bahamut.Braxtaru
By Bahamut.Braxtaru 2013-05-22 06:04:47
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I ended up having a small check so that if it rolled over and its internal count tied up with a .0 then it "locked" the skill. so it eventually locked them all when you knew for certain it was true (0.1 or whatever, like 0.5 0.2 0.1 0.2 <roll over> .. But then I kept crashing myself when i was trying to write the internal counts out to a file so it didn't have to re-lock everytime you logged in (or crashed it :D) - and i crashed myself alot, leaving the file open and unable to close hah
By Maahes 2013-05-22 06:52:08
Link | Citer | R

While thinking about it - Could something similar to azuresets be done but with puppet attachments ?

Not sure how it interacts with setting blue spells, but would be a god-send for puppets for like mage, healer, dd, dynamis, yadda yadda,

And yeah we can set on the fly but meh - im getting lazy in my old age :)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-22 07:21:52
Link | Citer | R

Yes, and I believe the packet has already been mapped.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-22 07:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Asked about that, packet has been mapped, but not exposed to Lua yet. When it has I want to get cracking on it, because finding attachments drives me bonkers.
 Bahamut.Braxtaru
By Bahamut.Braxtaru 2013-05-22 07:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Coolio's Daddio !

look forward to it
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-06-01 06:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Is anyone else having an issue with Github? I'm getting no CSS when I go to the page, and it takes forever to load. Tried two different computers and different browsers.
 Asura.Izilder
Serveur: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-06-01 08:15:04
Link | Citer | R

w/e made the sandbox plugin - from today im getting the message

error: sandbox file appears to be corrupt : please re-download
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-01 08:18:29
Link | Citer | R

The new hook made sandbox incompatible with Windower, so it needed to be recompiled. Here is the recompiled version:
https://googledrive.com/host/0B1-GYvFFRpK6WlVQZnBKbzdycTA/Sandbox.dll
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-01 08:20:17
Link | Citer | R

Since I saw someone made an ingame geo compass, could it be done an ingame crafting compass too? I never remember where I have to turn for what I want.
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-06-01 08:26:55
Link | Citer | R

cheers bryth
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-01 08:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Since I saw someone made an ingame geo compass, could it be done an ingame crafting compass too? I never remember where I have to turn for what I want.

... you trollin' too hard
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-06-17 20:07:35
Link | Citer | R

I find that every party I get into for Fracture farming does randoming at the end to determine who gets the extra airlixirs after everyone gets 1. Would be awesome if there was an Addon that collected the /randoms of all the players as the randomed and organized them from highest to lowest.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-17 20:13:48
Link | Citer | R

Quetzacoatl said: »
Currently there isn't an icon that depicts you having indicolure spells up on GEO, so I'm wondering if a lua plugin that shows how long you have on indi- spells before they wear off could be possible.

okay, so, editing/expanding on this somewhat: Perhaps a graph or radar for not only indi- spells but all geomancy buffs in general, and the proximity you need to be within to get geomancy buffs when either indi spell or a luopan is up.
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-06-19 04:10:08
Link | Citer | R

talking to someone today whos LS has some issues with brd and cor swaps and people flapping over it !

thought would be good idea to help with this process to organize/ automate it a little - my thought is

1. party leader can add up to 6 names, split into Brd's|Cor's (to a list thats in swap order) and displays to the leader in a textbox

Brd 1 Cor 1
Brd 2 Cor 2
etc etc

2. Once Brd + Cor 1 have dropped from party the text box will show Brd and Cor 2 at the top of list and Brd and cor 1 now at the bottom of the list.

3. in time it could maybe even send an invite to the next in line - but idk how well that would work in reality

The Brds and Cors can always just use autojoin
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-07-17 15:04:07
Link | Citer | R

Reive tracker possible? keeps track of when/which reive you killed and whenit will repop... I always forget the rotation
 Asura.Kjotu
user: kjLotus
By Asura.Kjotu 2013-07-17 15:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Reive tracker possible? keeps track of when/which reive you killed and whenit will repop... I always forget the rotation

listening to 0x29 packets (i don't know the windower names, sorry) and the param passed could easily do what you ask
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 28 29 30