Game: FFXI
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-27 10:56:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Bismarck.Tragedie said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Asura.Izilder said: »
Thought it may be helpful to have a plugin so mages know who has current hate - so they know who they can expect to cure
If you do an /assist macro on the mob, it will target the player it is targeting. Not sure if mob's target is one of the things can be pulled from game.
Mappy (original post with program information) does this, so there's functionality somewhere for it... this would be pretty awesome to see.
You're correct that it is obviously possible to do, however, that doesn't mean it can be done via a lua addon. Keep in mind that lua is limited to what the Windower folks have provided us access to. Everything we do is based off of some function that they've released.

http://dev.windower.net/wiki/doku.php?id=dev:lua:interface_functions:input_functions:start

The function we would most likely rely on is get_mob_by_id, but I don't think any of the listed entries are mob's target. Perhaps one of the Windower folks (Hi, Ihm) can chime in.

Only just saw this, bit late but hey, claim_id is the id of the mob that has claim, but its not perfect... As you'll see in mappy.
 Asura.Izilder
Serveur: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-27 11:02:15
Link | Citer | R

^ that will be cool im sure people would welcome some pre cognition for cures etc
By Asterian 2013-04-27 11:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »

//sc exportgear NAME.xml will do it.

This changed my life.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-27 11:04:31
Link | Citer | R

Do we have a way to target a monster by its mobID yet? Trying to use set_target_name(YYY) and then send_command(input /target YYY) does not work. In fact, iirc it crashes me.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-04-27 11:09:16
Link | Citer | R

I have an idea that benefits some parties as well as soloers.

How about a program that auto-stuns certain tp moves from a mob? Whether it's drk, blm's stun; dnc's violent flourish, or any other worthwhile stun...

The idea would be the system would detect "X readies tp move" and then automatically counters with a stun of your own.

Not sure if lua can do this or would have to be an additional plugin. Just an idea.
 Sylph.Rebo
Serveur: Sylph
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2013-04-27 11:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
I have an idea that benefits some parties as well as soloers.

How about a program that auto-stuns certain tp moves from a mob? Whether it's drk, blm's stun; dnc's violent flourish, or any other worthwhile stun...

The idea would be the system would detect "X readies tp move" and then automatically counters with a stun of your own.

Not sure if lua can do this or would have to be an additional plugin. Just an idea.

What's the point of playing the game if we are going to have a program play these situations/scenarios for us?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-27 11:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Lua is capable of that, but it's obviously just a rudimentary stun bot.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-04-27 11:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rebo said: »
What's the point of playing the game if we are going to have a program play these situations/scenarios for us?

Isn't that the point of plugins/addons?

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

That's the thing. I don't want a full-fledged stunbot. Sometimes, macros don't work and then boom, tp move destroys half or more of my hp.
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-27 12:03:57
Link | Citer | R

But... it's still a full-fledged stun bot. You give it a list of commands to watch for and it reacts.

That's exactly stunbotting. You say for soloers, but does that make dualboxers less entitled?
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-04-27 12:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Well, I was more aiming this towards my Dancer with violent flourish more than the Stun spell but I can understand the ~bot nature here.

nvm then.
 Asura.Nanabi
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-04-27 12:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Hello, first I would like to say thank you to all the devs that have participated in developing all plugins and addons, I would be helpless without some of the tools.
Here are my ideas/questions that I would like to share:

I am very OCD when it comes down to storing stuff in all my inventory and I would trouble myself everytime when i switch to another job to place a piece of gear in an exact storage as it last were. For instance: my DD gear goes in locker, my mage gear goes in sack, my BST pet jugs, meds, storage slips is @ satchel. I don't know if anyone is like that but yea >_>

Now I wonder if a reverse gearcollector type addon is possible, I don't care if you have to write xml for it like spellcast, but it would save me a massive amount of time trying to figure out which piece goes where whenever I decide to jobchange, just like gearcollector.

Eversince I started playing BLU I have always wonder why aren't SE smart enough to make spell presets.... Is it possible to have something like that done in Lua?

I would be a very happy taru if the above came true!!!
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-04-27 13:01:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nanabi said: »
Hello, first I would like to say thank you to all the devs that have participated in developing all plugins and addons, I would be helpless without some of the tools.
Here are my ideas/questions that I would like to share:

I am very OCD when it comes down to storing stuff in all my inventory and I would trouble myself everytime when i switch to another job to place a piece of gear in an exact storage as it last were. For instance: my DD gear goes in locker, my mage gear goes in sack, my BST pet jugs, meds, storage slips is @ satchel. I don't know if anyone is like that but yea >_>

Now I wonder if a reverse gearcollector type addon is possible, I don't care if you have to write xml for it like spellcast, but it would save me a massive amount of time trying to figure out which piece goes where whenever I decide to jobchange, just like gearcollector.
Same reason I don't use gearcollector so I use Itemizer for that, 2 txt per Job 1 to withdraw gear and the other to store it.
 Cerberus.Halticus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2013-04-27 13:01:51
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rebo said: »

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

That's the thing. I don't want a full-fledged stunbot. Sometimes, macros don't work and then boom, tp move destroys half or more of my hp.
"Isn't that the point of plug-ins/addons"?

I would have to disagree. While there are obviously plug-ins/addons that bot for the player so they have to do nothing on their own, plug-ins/addons are also tools to "enhance your gaming experience" While still forcing you to do all the work. Timestamp/TP/Re-cast etc.. These are used to simply help a player keep better track of what is going on at any given time but doesn't play the game for the player.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-04-27 13:01:57
Link | Citer | R

It's technically possible, just a question of someone doing it.

Eversince I started playing BLU I have always wonder why aren't SE smart enough to make spell presets.... Is it possible to have something like that done in Lua?

This is being worked on. All the necessary packets have been identified, it's just a matter of implementing the actual spell setting. Hopefully it'll see the light of day soon.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-04-27 13:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Someone mentioned it was possible now through packets to detect # of hits that land(including DA/TA/QA procs) and critical hits in a WS and display them. Is this being worked on?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-27 13:21:06
Link | Citer | R

I can probably do it in Battlemod, but can you think of how you'd want them to appear?

Also, it's pretty unlikely that you can tell how many hits on a WS critical'd.
 Asura.Nanabi
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-04-27 13:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Arcon said: »

This is being worked on. All the necessary packets have been identified, it's just a matter of implementing the actual spell setting. Hopefully it'll see the light of day soon.

Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-27 13:27:05
Link | Citer | R

There aren't enough ways to like this!
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-04-27 13:29:05
Link | Citer | R

What can it display? How many hits landed? How about if the added effect proc'd? Like Ageha's DEF down or if you use a Platinum Grip and stun procs on a Drakesbane or def down on Tourbillion? Are those procs things that could be detected?

[Ophannus] 2000 Stardiver(5-hit)-> Sea Puk.

[Ophannus] 1400 Spirit Jump(2-hit)-> Sea Puk.

[Ophannus] 5298 Barrage(10-hit) -> Sea Puk.

[Ophannus] 492 Tourbillion(+Def. Down) -> Sea Puk.

[Ophannus] 203 Sudden Lunge(+Stun) -> Sea Puk.

[Ophannus]1208 Tachi Ageha (+Def. Down) -> Sea Puk.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-27 13:47:22
Link | Citer | R

Except in very rare cases, the client is not sent information that it does not need to generate the normal messages and all the normal animations that accompany the message.

So, for instance, I am able to tell when your character shield blocks because you raise your shield and that is an animation. I might be able to distinguish crit and normal jumps because they use different animations ( right? ). I almost cermainly cannot detect whether or not Tourb's def down lands because no message or animation is affected by it.
By Ophannus 2013-04-27 13:49:56
Link | Citer | R

Before 80 cap was released, they added a crit animation to Jump and High Jump that when they crit it displayed a Spirit Jump animation(this was before the new jumps were even added). Once they implemented Spirit and Soul Jump, they removed the crit animations from the old Jumps and made them into new abilities.
By Ophannus 2013-04-27 13:55:06
Link | Citer | R

Also is there a way to triangulate a mob's remaining HP by somehow taking into account the damage you're dealing and the remaining HP% of the mob?

So if the mob has 1000 HP and you hit for 500 the mob would be at 50% but then some new addon/plugin could use those two facets and disaplay the mob has 500/1000 HP remaining. I guess the only thing that could screw this up are for mobs with tremendous HP or that have auto regen?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-04-27 20:50:05
Link | Citer | R

Ophannus said: »
Also is there a way to triangulate a mob's remaining HP by somehow taking into account the damage you're dealing and the remaining HP% of the mob?

So if the mob has 1000 HP and you hit for 500 the mob would be at 50% but then some new addon/plugin could use those two facets and disaplay the mob has 500/1000 HP remaining. I guess the only thing that could screw this up are for mobs with tremendous HP or that have auto regen?

Very possible, and planned for a plugin in the future. But could also easily be added to an existing addon, or made one that does that. Auto-Regen would indeed be a problem, but large HP wouldn't, as it could accumulate damage over time (except for invisible sources, such as DoT effects).
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-04-27 23:24:38
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Halticus said: »

I would have to disagree. While there are obviously plug-ins/addons that bot for the player so they have to do nothing on their own, plug-ins/addons are also tools to "enhance your gaming experience" While still forcing you to do all the work. Timestamp/TP/Re-cast etc.. These are used to simply help a player keep better track of what is going on at any given time but doesn't play the game for the player.

Well, that made me think of an alternate idea. What about a stun timer or meter. For instance, depending on what tp move/spell the mob casts, starts a stun timer/meter so it counts down until the move is casted/used. During that time, it'll show you how long you have left to stun it.

Like a Stun Tracker of sorts.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-28 00:20:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-28 03:05:19
Link | Citer | R

@Aelius - OhShi can display mob moves on your screen so you cant miss them in the chat log - that may help.
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-28 14:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Party/Ally organization plugin in(s)for pick ups

1. track who bought items from bazaar for displacer purposes
2. easier tracking of who has commented what item
 Quetzalcoatl.Busta
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Busta
By Quetzalcoatl.Busta 2013-04-30 14:53:27
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if this has been said but Addon for enmity/hate list tracking?
Be great to know who's next on a hate list
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-04-30 18:03:02
Link | Citer | R

An app that is very useful to a Blue Mage is SimpleBlue. However this does not work if you are running XIUtils for one and 2 its an app. Is it possible to have this app in a plugin? Say it could look in an XML type document for different sets or simply have different xml sets for each set you want to have. Setting Blue spells is so annoying ; ; Main reason i never play it now :(
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-04-30 21:45:55
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Busta said: »
Not sure if this has been said but Addon for enmity/hate list tracking?
Be great to know who's next on a hate list

Also very doable, once we figure out how exactly the enmity changes affected the respective spells and abilities.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 28 29 30