Lua Addon Ideas
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 28 29 30
 Bismarck.Jarlax
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: AgroMonk
By Bismarck.Jarlax 2013-07-18 05:29:23
Link | Citer | R

I would love to see the status bar at the bottom that shows EXP, Time in Dyna, etc also include Bayld!
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-07-18 05:45:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Jarlax said: »
I would love to see the status bar at the bottom that shows EXP, Time in Dyna, etc also include Bayld!

Just go to Region Info > Colonization?
 Cerberus.Balloon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-07-18 05:48:03
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »

He doesn't mean total bayld, he means bayld gathered in one session. Reive does that, but I don't think it can plug into attainment, you can get it to display how much bayld you've gathered at the end of each reive though.
 Bismarck.Jarlax
Serveur: Bismarck
user: AgroMonk
By Bismarck.Jarlax 2013-07-18 07:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »

Wow, I could say the same about just going to Status to see your total exp and merits as well. However, I figured since the bar is already there with this info, it wouldn't be that hard to add in Bayld to it.

And yes, I did mean just this. Call me lazy as much as you want, but I enjoy being able to just look down and see my totals, instead of having to pop up the stupid Colonization map every time!
By Moltar 2013-07-18 08:53:18
Link | Citer | R

What about a plugin that shows the mob ID on widescan ? I always have to use a dif program for that, would be nice to see it on widescan.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [227 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Noxzema
Serveur: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-03-02 01:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for the bump, but is a Impetus tracker possible, as in when you have Impetus up, it reads the chatlog and counts how many consecutive hits you've made? I'm always curious to see how high my impetus gets, but there's no real way of telling, and seeing the stuff like the TH tracker made me wonder if this might be possible.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-03-02 02:08:32
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Noxzema said: »
Sorry for the bump, but is a Impetus tracker possible, as in when you have Impetus up, it reads the chatlog and counts how many consecutive hits you've made? I'm always curious to see how high my impetus gets, but there's no real way of telling, and seeing the stuff like the TH tracker made me wonder if this might be possible.

shuddup taru!
 Asura.Ivykyori
Serveur: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-03-02 08:50:12
Link | Citer | R

I saw this a few pages back, and I wonder if there was a lua plugin for it yet.

A WS latent tracker. I know someone said on Github that it can be done via lua, but as I am not versed in lua, I can't make any sense of the snippet that they used. It would make things a little easier.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-03-02 10:56:43
Link | Citer | R

How much player to player written communication can luas influence?

When I played a lot, I would have killed for a lua called "strat board" which would display simple strategy related notes to all members participating in the fight.

What I imagine now is something that looks like the reive tracker but could have 2-5 notes about a boss and role dependent sub headings such as:

-Bard: troub/night/SV Min.March,Mad at start.
Focus on finale, pinning nocturne, lullaby adds
Scherzo after 15%

Of course all of this would be possible to explain via /p or /t but to have it displayed on everyone's screen for the entire duration of the fight and to be saveable and repostable by shouters or party leaders would be neat.

Again, its feasibility hinges upon the ability to have modified packets sent from player to player (probably through the server?)

Kind or scary really.....
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-03-02 13:25:01
Link | Citer | R

Impossible unless all the players use Windower as well. In that case we already have something planned that should enable this.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2014-03-02 15:14:23
Link | Citer | R

Cool!
 Lye
By Lye 2014-03-02 17:00:43
Link | Citer | R

So if windower to windower cross-talk is feasible, I can't help by wonder if we can expand gearswap/spellcast to incorporate variables controlled by players other than ourselves.

For example, if my HP is red and my windower is notified that a whm is casting cure 3 or 4, I automatically equip cure recieved + gear.

Will that be possible? Or alternatively could other player actions that don't result in a buff being gained or lost that might cause me to desire a different equipment set be considered?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-03-02 20:58:13
Link | Citer | R

Yes, those things would be possible (the first one is possible already, the second also to a lesser degree, but not perfectly). Also things like keep chat log on zoning, transfer accurate buff durations for Timers, cross-network IPC, etc.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-03 20:51:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Impossible unless all the players use Windower as well. In that case we already have something planned that should enable this.
You know... I think the single most amazing thing you could do with this would be, an addon that could show you the debuffs that are up on pt members.

Having a list of party member names, with status Icons for each debuff present would be amazing.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-03 20:54:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Leviathan.Arcon said: »
You know... I think the single most amazing thing you could do with this would be, an addon that could show you the debuffs that are up on pt members.

Having a list of party member names, with status Icons for each debuff present would be amazing.

As useful as it would be, it would probably spell even more discrimination for those on console or vanilla PoL as a matter of principal.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [260 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Avebian
Serveur: Sylph
user: Avebian
By Sylph.Avebian 2014-11-18 19:39:44
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone mentioned a Synergy Addon? I was hoping for an onscreen display/window that updates in real time with what the current elemental levels are. Reading the never ending wall of spam and guessing when they are going to tick down from a leak is a real pain.
[+]
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-11-19 03:05:21
Link | Citer | R

This sounds pretty good. I'd actually like to do it, but I know very little about Synergy. Can you tell me some sample synths and how the system works? Just so I can try for myself and get a feeling for it, then I can do it. Can send me a PM with this.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-19 03:26:41
Link | Citer | R

is there any way for windower to determine what debuffs are up on a monster? if so, something that tracks those would be phenomenal, particularly for pet debuffs that you can't see a "wears off" message for. would be nice for everything though, I don't always see when my mule's debuffs wear off the mob if i'm looking at the other screen.
[+]
By Crevox 2014-11-19 04:27:33
Link | Citer | R

I actually went in the Windower channel... about a year ago now, and asked about a plugin that could keep track of debuffs on monsters. They said it would be difficult.

I still highly desire it, if it's possible.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-11-19 05:56:36
Link | Citer | R

I remember, unfortunately that's impossible to do accurately, because sometimes debuffs will wear without you seeing it. It may even gain debuffs without you seeing it (for example when it's applied as a side-effect, like with a weapon skill). You could make an approximate addon that does that, but it would be misinformative at times and could actually hurt gameplay, because it shows that a debuff is still active that actually isn't, so you are not reapplying it. Or, the other way around, make you waste time trying to apply a debuff that is already on. I don't think such an addon is a good idea for those reasons. If those flaws could be worked around, I agree it would be really useful, but with the game's current limitations I do not think it's worth it.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-11-19 06:58:19
Link | Citer | R

If you just want to track a couple things like dia from your mule you could add it as a custom timer in the timers addon like some people have in their GS for tracking AM in the same way, this would mean you could track when a fully unresisted debuff should wear off but obv doesn't help for resists or if the mob's debuff got cured etc.
You could also tap onto the action message to look for "'s Blind effect wears off" etc. and have that destroy the timer for resists. Obviously doesn't account for any of the additional things Arcon listed
Code
send_command('timers create "Dia 3" 30 down')
[+]
By gdiShun 2014-11-19 18:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »
You could also tap onto the action message to look for "'s Blind effect wears off" etc. and have that destroy the timer for resists. Obviously doesn't account for any of the additional things Arcon listed

This is great. This, in combination with Chatmon, did what I wanted out of it. I was using just Chatmon to check for the 'is no longer'/'effect wears off' message but that obviously returned a bunch of false positives.

But now, basically I check for message_id 204(<target> is no longer <status>.) or 206(<target>'s <status> effect wears off.) Then add_to_chat() my own message that then makes Chatmon play a sound.

param_1 lines up with the buffs.lua in the Windower res folder. So you can use that to filter out (de)buffs you don't want alerting you or say specifically what went down in your add_to_chat and perhaps play a different sound per (de)buff.

http://dev.windower.net/doku.php?id=lua:api:events:action_message
http://dev.windower.net/doku.php?id=lua:game_ids:messages

EDIT: Just to add in my updated m_action_message().
Code
function m_action_message(actor_id, target_id, actor_index, target_index, message_id, param_1, param_2, param_3)
	local buffList
	if message_id == 204 or message_id == 206 then
		buffList = T{4,'Paralyze',5,'Blind',13,'Slow',147,'Attack Down'}
		for x = 1, 7, 2 do
			if param_1 == buffList[x] then		
				if actor_id == target_id then
					return
				else
					x = x + 1
					add_to_chat(122,buffList[x]..'yourmessagehere') 
					return
				end
			end
		end
	end
end

Basically it checks for either of the "Mob is no longer debuffed.' or 'Mob's debuff effect wears off.' message_ids. Then I make a table with all the debuffs I want to track starting with the Buff IDs found in buffs.lua, then just a name with how I'd prefer the message to read in the add_to_chat() function. I then have a for loop that will iterate through that table comparing the Buff IDs to param_1. If they're equal, it then goes through a check to make sure it's not a debuff wearing on the player. If it's not, it then goes to the debuffs name in the table and add_to_chat()'s your message, which is then picked up by Chatmon to play a sound.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-11-20 00:45:18
Link | Citer | R

Just fyi, the "action" and "action message" events are deprecated and might be removed at some point. They can easily be retrieved from the regular "incoming chunk" event at this point by using the packets library (I don't know if the first line is necessary if you do it inside GearSwap):
Code
packets = require('packets')

windower.register_event('incoming chunk', function(id, data)
    if id == 0x029 then
        local packet = packets.parse('incoming', data)
        print(packet['Actor'], packet['Target'], packet['Param 1'])
        -- And so on
    end
end)

Two more minor code suggestions:
1. GearSwap keeps tracks of all events you register and unregisters them when the user file unloads, so you don't need to do it manually.
2. There is a simpler way to check for the buff (your last code snippet):
Code
buff_set = S{'paralysis', 'blindness', 'slow', 'Attack Down'}:map(function(name)
    return res.buffs:with('english', name).id
end)
windower.register_event('incoming chunk', function(id, data)
    if id == 0x029 then
        local packet = packets.parse('incoming', data)
        if buff_set:contains(packet['Param 1']) and packet['Actor'] ~= packet['Target'] then
            windower.add_to_chat(122, '%s: yourmessagehere':format(res.buffs[packet['Param 1']].name))
        end
    end
end)

The advantages of this are that it doesn't require you to look up the IDs (and since it doesn't rely on IDs at all, it also won't break if the IDs ever change), as well as being faster to execute, since there is no table to iterate through. The one drawback is that you cannot assign a name yourself, but it will use the name from the resources (i.e. 'paralysis' instead of 'Paralyze' as you had it above). You can still get that behavior, but I don't think that's a big drawback, so I didn't bother with it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-11-20 03:25:06
Link | Citer | R

Not sure is this is the place for this... but I'll hi-jack it since I don't see this post as new-thread-worthy.

A question about treasury's auto drop feature.

If you enable this, will it drop preexisting items in your inventory? Or only items that fall into inv after auto drop is on? And if you have multiple instances of the same item in inventory when a new one is acquired, will it only drop the new one?

My issue is as follows. I want to pass delve gear, but I sure as hell don't want it dropping my R15's. So if I turn on auto drop with Mikinaak/Xaddi gear on my pass list... what's gonna happen? <,<

A drop specific list might be useful depending on how this works. Something to separate what I want passed, and what I want dropped.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-11-20 03:48:39
Link | Citer | R

If I understand this correctly; Can't you just write a Light Luggage profile for this?

Info on the Light Luggage plugin: http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Light_Luggage
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 03:59:30
Link | Citer | R

Not sure is this is the place for this... but I'll hi-jack it since I don't see this post as new-thread-worthy.

If you enable this, will it drop preexisting items in your inventory? Or only items that fall into inv after auto drop is on? And if you have multiple instances of the same item in inventory when a new one is acquired, will it only drop the new one?

My issue is as follows. I want to pass delve gear, but I sure as hell don't want it dropping my R15's. So if I turn on auto drop with Mikinaak/Xaddi gear on my pass list... what's gonna happen? <,<

A drop specific list might be useful depending on how this works. Something to separate what I want passed, and what I want dropped.

From what I've found from use it usually works when it moves into your inventory, but I've had it retroactively drop stuff that I had, like say I turn it off and then start dynamis and am like derp, why am I keeping all of these -1's, turn it on, it's spotty, but 9/10 it works flawlessly if you move an item into inventory, whether it's from a monster, or from the safe/satchel/etc.

Whether it's supposed to work on anything at any given time now, that's another story, iirc you can set up rules for it to pass, but not drop, I think?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-11-20 04:19:17
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

From what I've found from use it usually works when it moves into your inventory, but I've had it retroactively drop stuff that I had, like say I turn it off and then start dynamis and am like derp, why am I keeping all of these -1's, turn it on, it's spotty, but 9/10 it works flawlessly if you move an item into inventory, whether it's from a monster, or from the safe/satchel/etc.

Whether it's supposed to work on anything at any given time now, that's another story, iirc you can set up rules for it to pass, but not drop, I think?
If that's how it works, then it'd be extremely bad for me. When I change jobs and it moves my r15 gear into my inv, it'd dump them. <,<;

Edit: As far as I could see the dropped items are based on the pass list. I couldn't find any commands to add a item specifically to a drop list.
Bahamut.Shirai said: »
If I understand this correctly; Can't you just write a Light Luggage profile for this?

Info on the Light Luggage plugin: http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Light_Luggage
While that is a potential solution, I doubt that using LL and it's lua replacement(treasury) at the same time is a good idea.

And it defeats the entire point of going over to treasury in the first place.

My current solution is simply to not use auto drop. It would be useful, but I don't need it that badly. However, I wanted to ask about it to find out if I could use it safely.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 04:26:45
Link | Citer | R

ah here's the original thread:

http://www.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/43013/dropping-items-out-of-inventory/

that being said, when it first came out I was under the impression that it was a light luggage extension, so I've technically had both enabled this whole time, but I've never had a xml set for LL, so I guess it's moot, I've never had an issue though.

(was more of a windower noob back then). (yes I realize that was only a few months ago, I use more of the basic functions, and leave it at that, so never paid much attention to it.)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-11-20 05:03:38
Link | Citer | R

Well, it's good to hear that having both loaded isn't causing any issues. But I'd just as soon use treasury alone. It does everything LL does, and does it better.

LL had some issues. It lotted/passed slowly, one at a time. And when items were pouring into, and out of, the pool rapidly, it could lot/pass the wrong item.

Treasury lots/passes the entirely pool near instantly. And I've yet to see it miss-lot/pass anything. Auto drop would be nice, But if I have to choose between autodrop and going back to LL, I'll just do without AD.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 05:08:09
Link | Citer | R

I mean I use the autodrop feature, as long as the item isn't in my inventory it's not going to drop it, it could be on a storage slip, mog house, mog safe, anything but those 80 inventory slots (pretty sure wardrobe it won't touch too, but haven't verified).

so basically you'd just have to be careful to not have that line active, or Treasury loaded if you're moving stuff into your inventory that you have in the list.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 28 29 30