The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 156 157 158
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-21 06:52:01
Link | Citer | R

If it's not SR (at this point it's probably not, given the amount of people who spam SR daily) it's probably one of them I'm afraid =/
Same thing for Zendik Robe.
At this point I'm pretty confident the Robe drops from AV.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-09-21 14:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
If it's not SR (at this point it's probably not, given the amount of people who spam SR daily) it's probably one of them I'm afraid =/
That and you know it Rare(EX) compared to every other piece of S.R. gear that only (EX).
 Valefor.Seranos
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-09-21 14:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Darvamos said: »
That and you know it Rare(EX) compared to every other piece of S.R. gear that only (EX).

Wait, you mean it won't just be a quest where you travel to a point, touch a ??? then come back and are handed it?

This game got too hard too fast...
[+]
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-09-21 14:35:31
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Seranos said: »
Wait, you mean it won't just be a quest where you travel to a point, touch a ??? then come back and are handed it?

Damn, you probably right next update the quest will be added. That is why we haven't found it yet!
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-09-21 14:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Seranos said: »

Believe that's called a Death Penalty.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-09-21 14:54:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoshiku said: »

Believe that's called a Death Penalty.
Oh someone missed the word JUST in there if only, if only.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-09-21 14:55:20
Link | Citer | R

I'm 90% sure it's either AV, Kirin, or possibly the new AA. It's definitely implemented because they showed an image of it on the update notes.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-21 14:57:30
Link | Citer | R

I'd guess AV, since the Kirin stuff has a naming scheme, as do the AA's.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-09-21 14:57:35
Link | Citer | R

any reason to keep and use schutzen mittens.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-21 15:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Only if you want more TP from your QD, otherwise nope.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-22 11:22:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Same reason I'm leaning towards AV, together with Zendik Robe.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-22 11:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Feary said: »

Use, no.

Keep, yes.

The second you throw them away they will become an in-demand, hard-to-obtain component in a thing you really, really want.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-22 11:24:54
Link | Citer | R

Same reason I'm leaning towards AV, together with Zendik Robe.

The only reason I would think maybe AA instead is that it's black in color and fits that color scheme better than some flowering, pastel crap from Sea.

But that said, AV makes more sense otherwise.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-27 20:59:29
Link | Citer | R

Is there any reason blurred knife+1 is omitted from the guide? It's got 65 more acc than atoyac and still has OAT. Seems like it would be excellent for melee TP in vagary/any other melee friendly situation that still has evasion.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-27 21:10:09
Link | Citer | R

The comparatively low base damage and lack of any stat modifiers whatsoever completely murder the blurred weapons. You'll get superior overall damage from other options.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-27 21:35:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing she just forgot to put it in. Demersal doesn't have any +attributes either and it still does well while despite having about 34 less accuracy.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-27 21:37:41
Link | Citer | R

Just not seeing it with COR's TP/WS split and awful other options.

Even at 50% multiattack from gear, it has higher melee DPS than odium, and if WS delay is goofing up the spreadsheet you could always WS at 1300~ in approximately the same timeframe odium would be WSing at 1000, far outstripping a measly 13 DEX/AGI.

Does anyone have a COR spreadsheet with some amount of current gear I can use, or perhaps actual results from blurred? Only ones I can find are still using manibozho and would need essentially everything added.
By Sandmaster 2015-09-28 04:19:56
Link | Citer | R

I'd add another ~3 base dmg when comparing DPS to a weapon with 14STR on it. If you have a look at our Leaden Salute set then is lack's some on the AGL side so +13 AGL isn't measly.

Also, Atoyac has been in the game a lot longer then the blurred knife+1 has. In today's hame, I don't know many people who would justify spending gazzillion's on a weapon for the handful of places left that are melee friendly to us - most of those being solo activities/Skirmish/CP like you pointed out.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-28 06:23:57
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Is there any reason
Just didn't see it at all tbh.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-28 14:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Use, no.

Keep, yes.

The second you throw them away they will become an in-demand, hard-to-obtain component in a thing you really, really want.

Particularly when you're in a situation (dangerous AoE, whatever) where you're shooting for TP and COR WS are effective, I'd much rather have the extra TP from QD than stronger QD shots. Takes longer to generate TP when you're pew pewing, and every little bit helps. The faster/additional WS over the course of the fight should more than make up for strength of QD shots.

Heck, I can't count the times I've been a little under 1000tp and someone uses a WS that I could close with Leaden/Last Stand for a dark/light SC - instant TP from QD, WS, Skillchain that wouldn't have been possible if I had to actually fire off another shot. It's also nice to generate some TP when you are forced to put buffs up that aren't helping you so your accuracy is hurt. Keep up some extra TP generation while you're waiting on getting rolls back up that will help you.

Never gonna toss Schutzens. Though I *would* love an ilevel successor...
By Ruaumoko 2015-09-29 05:22:52
Link | Citer | R

This is a possibility but I have spoken to a COR on Asura who has the Molybdosis, name was Scuta, who claimed that he got it from the Omega BC. What lends credence to this claim is that there has been no recorded kill of the new AV so far, BG would have been all over it otherwise.

I know the POIDH comes into effect right now but it could be that it indeed comes from the Feared One Phantom Gem BC and that the drop rate is stupidly low like the Gyve Doublet from Promathia. You'll notice that in the update notes SE released when they wrote 'new items have been added' they had the Gyve Doublet in one picture and the Molybdosis in the other, perhaps implying that both are extremely rare drops from each of the new BC's.

It's difficult to convince people to spam the hell out of the Omega BC though, as there has been no visual confirmation that it comes from there.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-29 05:44:11
Link | Citer | R

I'd absolutely love for that to be true, but I sure wish his claims came with some evidence. You are right that some information lends credence, though. Maybe we all just need to spam the crap out of O/U and see for ourselves.
By Latnemurtsni 2015-09-29 07:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Aren't there six confirmed drops from O/U already? I don't think I've seen any high tier with more than that.
[+]
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-09-29 08:14:39
Link | Citer | R

Would of loved to at least see a picture that he had it.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-29 08:25:05
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Ramyrez said: »

Use, no.

Keep, yes.

Particularly when you're in a situation (dangerous AoE, whatever) where you're shooting for TP and COR WS are effective, I'd much rather have the extra TP from QD than stronger QD shots. Takes longer to generate TP when you're pew pewing, and every little bit helps. The faster/additional WS over the course of the fight should more than make up for strength of QD shots.

Heck, I can't count the times I've been a little under 1000tp and someone uses a WS that I could close with Leaden/Last Stand for a dark/light SC - instant TP from QD, WS, Skillchain that wouldn't have been possible if I had to actually fire off another shot. It's also nice to generate some TP when you are forced to put buffs up that aren't helping you so your accuracy is hurt. Keep up some extra TP generation while you're waiting on getting rolls back up that will help you.

Never gonna toss Schutzens. Though I *would* love an ilevel successor...

But if you want to get picky, yeah, if you want to squeeze some more TP out and you don't care about your ***getting resisted on current content.

At this point though the situations where I care about a couple TP more than the resist are very few and far between. So in theory, sure. But I can say that, at least in my case, they're pretty useless. But again, perhaps that's an artifact of who I play with and how they do things as much as anything. At this point I'm just waiting out the official end of things anyhow. So fed up with the way SE has treated corsair since SoA.

The fact we don't have an ilevel version of Schutzen. The fact that DP's damage was nerfed for being too strong and then they put in a corsair gun with significant higher base damage. The fact that they can't even allow for QD reduction to go as low as available gear and JP dictate it should. Because apparently that would be overpowered.

I could go on, but you get my point.

Bottom line is yes, there are a few situations where you could still maximize your output by using them, but it's another gear slot on an already inventory-busting job for a niche piece you won't use often.

I muled them off a while ago and generally don't find myself missing them much.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-29 08:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget giving us a decent combat skill..
By Ramyrez 2015-09-29 09:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Trust me, I didn't.

Just felt like the point was made and it didn't feel like it called for the full-on list of grievances.
By haorhu2 2015-09-29 10:07:17
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Yeah Seha right ! all COR NEED THAT HANDS i have X3 set for QD depend on mobs still doing 3K shot when i find the weakness of mob + free tp dont have to discuss about this . (I need new neck mab/fast-cast) !
By haorhu2 2015-09-29 10:10:16
Link | Citer | R

+ hachirin-no-obi +25% ? magic damage + day and + /sch + storm = heaven ** (+ fettering b.... O.o
By Ramyrez 2015-09-29 10:52:46
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 156 157 158