Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 156 157 158
By haorhu2 2015-09-30 01:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Sorry my english ** dont judge me ! /aim :)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-30 01:49:45
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
But I can say that, at least in my case, they're pretty useless.

Bottom line is yes, there are a few situations where you could still maximize your output by using them, but it's another gear slot on an already inventory-busting job for a niche piece you won't use often.

I got your "joke", I was just explaining why I still find Schutzens useful. For, you know, the guy who was asking whether they're still useful.

One slot lacking an ilevel alternative shouldn't be causing you gigantic resist issues, and it's free TP that to me is more valuable than the occasional resist as I'm much more concerned about WS frequency than QD damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-10-04 17:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Just picked COR up again after not having played for several years. Can someone clue me into which AF, Relic, and empy pieces are essential, so I have a launching point on what to get and upgrade?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-04 17:38:47
Link | Citer | R

All of our Empyrean should be 119, as it's just absurdly good.
Relic at 109 at least for all of the additional boosts to abilities.
Artifact you'll want head at 119 for QD accuracy.

Depending on your gear for other purposes (ranged/MAB) you'll want to upgrade certain relic/AF pieces not mentioned, such as Relic body for MAB or Artifact body for ranged, so on and so forth.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-10-10 07:56:09
Link | Citer | R

Those are mine :

Requiescat :
ItemSet 338050

Savage Blade :
ItemSet 335795
or
ItemSet 338009

I wrote all the stats in the description of each sets
Carmine set has the most MND+

If you got this ring : http://www.ffxiah.com/item/26171/rufescent-ring , it looks nice for both ws
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-10-15 21:00:05
Link | Citer | R

So glad the devs decided to respond to another Phantom Roll recast question rather than giving an answer about Quick Draw.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-10-17 17:27:05
Link | Citer | R

I've noticed that bg-wiki doesn't have the info for GEO and RUN roll, just wondering if a test of these rolls has been done?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-10-20 16:39:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Just not seeing it with COR's TP/WS split and awful other options.

Even at 50% multiattack from gear, it has higher melee DPS than odium, and if WS delay is goofing up the spreadsheet you could always WS at 1300~ in approximately the same timeframe odium would be WSing at 1000, far outstripping a measly 13 DEX/AGI.

Does anyone have a COR spreadsheet with some amount of current gear I can use, or perhaps actual results from blurred? Only ones I can find are still using manibozho and would need essentially everything added.

Since I'm on vacation now, and nobody really answered this question, decided to add some new gears to the spreadsheet and check with current WS options. (Yeah I want to play FFXI again '_')

When acc/attack capped and last stand doing 9k+:

Fettering(main hand)/blurred knife +1(offhand) > Fettering/Demersal degen +1 > Fettering/odium > Odium/Demersal+1 > Odium/blurred knife +1

Looks like Comeatmebro is on the right track here.

Note that I haven't finish adding all the body armor yet, which is a lot of work. And Odium still has higher accuracy due to skill difference, so there's a chance that the result may be screwed.

If someone need an updated spreadsheet with new gears or have the updated version, please send a PM, thanks!
 Asura.Suteru
Serveur: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-10-21 23:20:16
Link | Citer | R

GEO should be easy enough to test, but I doubt it's possible to test something like RUN roll.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-10-23 11:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Now that SC+MB is the main source of dmg, it seems that Mujin band could be worth mentioning due to SC bonus. Depending on the pt and SC setup sometimes leaden can close darkness SC for extra 40k(or more) dmg. That's extra 1k+ dmg bonus with it equipped, seems like it'd outperform another MAB ring for WS.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-23 11:31:04
Link | Citer | R

Adding gear to spreadsheets is easy. Would need new enemies options maybe, I'm not sure Tojil is still a viable target. But I wouldn't know how to go about doing that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-10-24 04:09:17
Link | Citer | R

It seems that there's new JA crooked card added recently but not much discussion going on(unless I missed it somewhere). Would like to share some tips for anyone who doesn't know yet. If this has been discussed somewhere else please let me know, I'll delete this post.

1. Is it better to double up on 6+ with crooked card on?

Since there's a risk of busting and lose the bonus, I've been wondering about this. If you double up on 6, you lose bonus. If you don't double up with fold on, you get gimped roll at No.6. One way to tell whether it's good to double up or not is to calculate it.

For example, in the case of hunters roll, when Wildcard/random deal/snake eye are not up but fold is up, with RNG in the pt and +5 ring:

Acc bonus without crooked card:
No.4: 80
No.6: 60
No.7: 65
No.8: 45
No.9: 67
No.10: 70
No.11: 90

Avg without snake eye:68.14

Acc bonus with crooked card:

No.4: 96
No.6: 72
No.7: 78
No.8: 54
No.9: 80
No.10:84
No.11: 108
No.12+(reroll without crooked card): 68.14

If you sit on No.6 you get 72 acc.

If you double up on 6: 78.96 avg

If you double up on 7: 77.04

Therefore for hunters roll, it's better to double up on 6 but not 7 with the JA. That being said, if your snake eye/random deal/wild card is up, it's more beneficial to double up more aggressively, on something like 8 unless you plan to snake eye all the way up to 11 from 8.

2. Full time crooked card on one specific roll....well, almost.

With full merit on winning streak, empy hands 119 and Compensator, roll duration should be around 8:50. If you pop crooked card 58~59 sec right before doing a roll, you get 9 min 2 sec recast on the JA after you use PR, which means 11~12 sec downtime. So you can kinda apply crooked card on one specific roll all the time if you can wait 11~12 sec between them.

Say for example, if you're in a CP pt with COR roll on, you can pop the JA 58~59 sec before it wears. After it wears just do the roll with JA on, by the time you're about to redo COR roll again the JA should be up in 11~12 sec, so you could just wait for 11~12 sec and do COR roll again with JA up so that every COR roll you give to the pt has the potency bonus from the JA.

Next it's time to test GEO roll ><
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-10-26 11:34:41
Link | Citer | R

I double-up like I do without Crooked Card. AKA on pretty much everything but a 10. If I land on unlucky(8+), I'll Snake Eye and stop there, otherwise I take huge chances.

Unless both Snake Eye and Fold are down, of course.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-10-26 11:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Suteru said: »
I double-up like I do without Crooked Card. AKA on pretty much everything but a 10. If I land on unlucky(8+), I'll Snake Eye and stop there, otherwise I take huge chances.

Unless both Snake Eye and Fold are down, of course.

Unless my math is wrong, it seems that as long as snake eye/fold is up it's more beneficial to double up on 8 and lower. If snake eye isn't on then double up on 7+ lowers avg since there's a chance to land on unlucky and unable to avoid it with snake eye.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-10-29 07:53:54
Link | Citer | R

35 second QD: Working As Intended™ :(
By Sandmaster 2015-10-29 08:38:11
Link | Citer | R

I am an incredibly aggressive roller also, with my aim in say a CP party to keep XI's up permanently, just stagger them.

When my LS saw me busting 5-6x in a row in short succession during Vagary they thought I was playing the job completely wrong.

I find if your with people that don't understand how beneficial XI's are then just roll cautiously to make them happy and not think your some mad drunk pirte who's down on his luck.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-29 09:18:44
Link | Citer | R

We already had this discussion only a few pages ago. Bottom line is being always aggressive or never is both wrong, it depends on the moment, ja availability, type of roll you're doing and number you landed on.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-10-30 09:34:49
Link | Citer | R

Basically it's the more JAs are available, the more aggressive you can be.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-10-31 19:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Since next version update is coming soon, it may not worth the time to update the 1st page gear sets now, but the pre-shot set on the 1st page more seems more outdated than other sets.

ItemSet 339021
Pursuer path D

This should give us over 80 snapshot with 1200 JP gifts and flurry 1.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-10-31 23:13:03
Link | Citer | R

Like I posted in the comment on that xiah image, every piece of taeon can be augmented with 10 snapshot(5 from leaf, 5 from dusk, displays together on the gear for snapshot+10). You don't need the gifts or haverton to cap snapshot, 50(taeon) + 13(acinaces and navarchs) + 3(impulse) + 15(flurry). Can skip taeon hands or taeon legs for relic 119 or nahtirah trousers(those are 9, right?) to save some augmenting if you plan on always having flurry. With haverton and gifts you don't need it at all.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-10-31 23:45:26
Link | Citer | R

Is there ever a situation in late 2015 where anyone would actually use Acinaces?

While I get that it's technically a BiS Snapshot piece, it seems pretty foolish to discuss it in suggested sets because it's such a bad idea to actually use over far superior weapons. Even if you're 100% focused on shooting (thus Snapshot is at its most useful), there are so many overwhelmingly better ranged/WS pieces out there.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-11-01 00:01:57
Link | Citer | R

If you aren't capped snapshot, seems pretty silly to suggest not using it. With flurry and gifts you can(and should) drop it, but even with 50% of your delay being reload time you're looking at 6/26 * .5 = 11.5% quantity of attacks. Real benefit will be around 4-8% quantity of attacks going 74-80% snapshot depending how slow you are reloading.

This is something the spreadsheet can't handle well, but if you are actively shooting as soon as possible and not capped snapshot.. it should be an easy winner.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-11-01 01:13:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Like I posted in the comment on that xiah image, every piece of taeon can be augmented with 10 snapshot(5 from leaf, 5 from dusk, displays together on the gear for snapshot+10). You don't need the gifts or haverton to cap snapshot, 50(taeon) + 13(acinaces and navarchs) + 3(impulse) + 15(flurry). Can skip taeon hands or taeon legs for relic 119 or nahtirah trousers(those are 9, right?) to save some augmenting if you plan on always having flurry. With haverton and gifts you don't need it at all.

Snapshot set with Taeon would look like this
ItemSet 339035

Head body legs feet 40
Back 6.5
Belt 3
Hand 8 (this has rapid shot too, better than taeon)

That's 57.5 without gift, with 1200 jp it's 67.5.

With 1200 jp gift and flurry, you can cap snapshot without having to pick haverton, and use ilv dagger on main hand for macc and sub none dw jobs. You can't do that without 1200 jp gift.

With snapshot dagger and haverton you can cap snapshot without flurry if no one else sub rdm, you can't do that without 1200 jp gift.

My point is that extra snapshot from gift gives more room to aim for better gear sets, unless next update COR end up swimming in surplus of snapshot gears, it still has a use.
By haorhu2 2015-11-02 13:22:56
Link | Citer | R

1200 JP cor Born! yay ! ^^
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-11-09 23:37:27
Link | Citer | R

2100 Gift is a 15-minute Wild Card timer.
45 minutes, not 15 minutes.

I'll be able to use it more often than Random Deal.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-10 05:44:53
Link | Citer | R

At least the look is appealing.

But no dramatic name this time! Just a star.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-11-10 07:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Also a gun in FFXII ;)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-10 07:26:58
Link | Citer | R

Most items have names previously used in other FF, that's not really a novelty.
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 156 157 158