Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 310 311 312 ... 836 837 838
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-08-22 09:45:17
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity, they added NPCs that display available quests in the starter cities, is there already an NPC like that in Adoulin or is this just a new thing?
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-22 13:17:13
Link | Citer | R

I cannot find any good info on this, does Snapshot from gear have a cap? We now have a lot of available information on Snapshot gear and such, and the RNG guide here mentions +5 Snapshot = -10% Weapon delay.. so I'm trying to determine whats the snapshot cap is, I assume -80% or so, same as Haste, so theoretically Snapshot would cap out at +40 Snapshot from all sources as that would be Delay -80%.

Or is the RNG guide here on XI out of date? Is the "Snapshot+7" on gear now a days like Lanun actually -7% Delay?

BG wiki is not informative about this.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-08-22 19:27:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
+5 Snapshot = -10% Weapon delay..
This is the biggest part I'd question. This is how it functions in terms of the merits, but I have a feeling(though no proof currently) that the case with gear is a straight 1-1.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-08-22 19:38:06
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
I cannot find any good info on this, does Snapshot from gear have a cap? We now have a lot of available information on Snapshot gear and such, and the RNG guide here mentions +5 Snapshot = -10% Weapon delay.. so I'm trying to determine whats the snapshot cap is, I assume -80% or so, same as Haste, so theoretically Snapshot would cap out at +40 Snapshot from all sources as that would be Delay -80%.

Or is the RNG guide here on XI out of date? Is the "Snapshot+7" on gear now a days like Lanun actually -7% Delay?

You could look at the tp given, to see exact delays if snapshot does just straight lower weapon delay or just gives a slight flurry effect etc.
Snapshot does not lower tp gain.

And I now remember there was testing going on back when iuitl hands+1 came out to begin the determination of what +1 snaps go equated to but I'm not sure if byrth or any of the others came to a consensus(I know there was a large argument here on the forum about it.)
 Sylph.Kawar
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-08-22 20:01:09
Link | Citer | R

what is the right forum on the se forum to talk about a dev topic they posted?
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-08-23 05:11:49
Link | Citer | R

Could someone post strat to solo PW on bst, please?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-23 05:19:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vinedrius said: »

Pretty sure that would involve heavy clippering to avoid astral flow. Or a ***load of twilight set dieing/holding.
(astral flow is random targets and even in a full-on MDT set w/ shellra 5 You're going to takes some damage around 200ish per avatar and 400 from diabolos)

Cause when you die, pet dies.. then you have to twilight set hold it until call beast comes back.

TWO bsts, would have no issue, but solo, it's a little rough.

As far as which pet, I think that Ibuki is the go-to guy. But any 119 pet should be about the same on 75 content. (this is better answered by a better bst than I).
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-08-23 05:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Asura.Vinedrius said: »

Pretty sure that would involve heavy clippering to avoid astral flow. Or a ***load of twilight set dieing/holding.
(astral flow is random targets and even in a full-on MDT set w/ shellra 5 You're going to takes some damage around 200ish per avatar and 400 from diabolos)

Cause when you die, pet dies.. then you have to twilight set hold it until call beast comes back.

TWO bsts, would have no issue, but solo, it's a little rough.

As far as which pet, I think that Ibuki is the go-to guy. But any 119 pet should be about the same on 75 content. (this is better answered by a better bst than I).

thanks, i have the twilight set so maybe i should try but would like to hear from a few more people before i take the risk :D
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-23 05:59:18
Link | Citer | R

Ranged delay cap is unknown, though I'm with you believing it's likely to be 80%.

There was testing on some gear that showed that the amount of snapshot indicated on it was actually double(like merits), hard to say though if it's the same for all without testing them one by one.
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-23 10:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Milamber and I are trying to kill Ark Angel HM.

We have the KI phantom gem of apathy. We have the Zilart missions completed.

Is there a mission/quest we need to complete before we can enter the battlefield that we are missing? Because, currently, we can enter.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-23 10:49:08
Link | Citer | R

If you've beaten divine might, then you should have access to it.

Is it just currently congested? Also... are you at the right home point in sky... HP1?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-23 10:53:00
Link | Citer | R

Hmm. We'll try different points.

Thanks!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-23 11:00:11
Link | Citer | R

Make sure you are at the correct La'Loff Amphitheater entrance. Also, if it tells you that you can not enter at this time, the BC might be full. SE never updated the original design, and only 3 BCs can be active at one time, total. So if there are three groups in any of the others, it blocks everyone else out.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-23 11:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Hmm. We'll try different points.

Thanks!

use this map to make sure you are at the correct entrance.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-08-23 12:49:09
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Again its about keybinding and windower. I did a little script that basically is:

//console send mule /ja 'impetus' <me>

And called it with //exec "file.txt"

But its not working. What I should be missing here?

Also, its possible to bind more than one command in a key?

Thanks in advance.
By mortontony1 2014-08-23 18:05:20
Link | Citer | R

There isn't anything to do with the WKR 106 gear is there? Just toss it? I know the lady and her plant guy will buy the 115 stuff, but never saw anything about the 106.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-08-23 18:21:54
Link | Citer | R

mortontony1 said: »
There isn't anything to do with the WKR 106 gear is there? Just toss it? I know the lady and her plant guy will buy the 115 stuff, but never saw anything about the 106.

They buy the 106, not the 115.
By mortontony1 2014-08-23 18:30:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Isiolia said: »
mortontony1 said: »

They buy the 106, not the 115.

No ***? Glad I waited for a response from someone before I tossed it all. Thanks!
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-24 06:24:45
Link | Citer | R

How do I go about estimating what kind of Magic Accuracy I need for events like Yorcia delve? I'm completely new to mage and the spreadsheets don't seem to go higher than Chapuli stat wise. Is there some correlation between physical Eva and Magic Eva usually?
By Artemicion 2014-08-25 17:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to switch out the font for in game chat text using the SwitchTex app with FFXI View? I'm tired of 6s looking a lot like 8s.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-08-25 20:53:31
Link | Citer | R

How do you put the multi augments on the new skirmish weapons?
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-08-25 22:14:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
How do I go about estimating what kind of Magic Accuracy I need for events like Yorcia delve? I'm completely new to mage and the spreadsheets don't seem to go higher than Chapuli stat wise. Is there some correlation between physical Eva and Magic Eva usually?

Are you playing RDM?

ItemSet 327620

This is the enfeebling set I presently use. I am still working on getting items to complete it (I.e., Lurid Mitts, Weike Torque, Vitivation Chapeau +1, Vitivation Boots +1) but it suffices for the most part. The only NM I have any troubles landing on in Yorcia Weald is Wopket, but I can still land on him after a few tries. I don't have much troubles landing elsewhere. This brings my Enfeebling to 505 (with merits). Lehbrailg +2 is augmented with M. Accuracy +23. Most of it can be worn by every mage job, and the items are are RDM only can easily be replaced by other jobs of slightly lower or equal stats.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-08-26 21:20:50
Link | Citer | R

Is there an updated Store TP calculator anywhere?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Terravcota
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Terravcota 2014-08-29 07:46:40
Link | Citer | R

What's a good place to farm Titanites?

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-29 15:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
//console send mule /ja 'impetus' <me>
Change it to //send [Mule'sName] input /ja "Impetus" <me>

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Now that its Confirmed that the Sakura cipher is coming back and that you can use that item thingie to get one Cipher of your choice I was also thinking of picking up the moogle. My question is, does the Sparks Skill up gear and the Trusts affect the Pet skill up rate? (PUP pet for example) Also since I haven't really gotten an bites from my bard gearswap skill up thread was curious if anyone has a gearswap script for skilling up through threnody's? The main skill up script has only buffing spells and while personally editing the file I cannot get it to loop the threnody spells :< please and thank you :3.
No idea about automaton skillups, sorry. But post your BRD skill up script and we can try to figure it out.

Valefor.Terravcota said: »
What's a good place to farm Titanites?
Maze of Shakhrami, Mount Zhayolm, Eldieme Necropolis, and Yorcia Weald have pretty regularly occurring earth weather. In the older zones, of course, you'll wanna seek out the higher level enemies.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-08-29 21:20:33
Link | Citer | R

Will my carpenter's ring prevent HQ synth results from other crafts or just woodworking? :o
 Carbuncle.Renly
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Robbie
By Carbuncle.Renly 2014-08-30 14:29:27
Link | Citer | R

Just came back to the game a few weeks ago and was gobsmacked with the price of roundel earings, do they drop somehwere else now or...?
First Page 2 3 ... 310 311 312 ... 836 837 838