Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 309 310 311 ... 834 835 836
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2014-08-20 00:19:46
Link | Citer | R

What is the fastest way to get lots of Sparks?
By Pantafernando 2014-08-20 05:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
What is the fastest way to get lots of Sparks?

Abyssea party during gain exp. Cleaving by myself, for mule afk, i end with 50k in 3h plus light building, and mules end with near 40k.
And cleaving solo is a lot slower than an active party.
Aside that, i would recomend killing mobs not to sturdy in ulbuka zones. The mobs there have high potential for crystal drops, as well there are conflict quest, so you can stack those 2 with 500+ Dmg quest and enemy defeated. But choose mobs not so strong, so you can kill fast, or even cleave.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-08-20 08:37:20
Link | Citer | R

With mog garden, do the different areas level up as you use them? At the moment all my areas are rank 7 except Furrows which are rank 5, would I rank up a lot faster if I use revival tree roots every hour compared to using grain seeds every 8 hours?
By Crevox 2014-08-20 19:37:52
Link | Citer | R

I read somewhere that idling in -enmity gear actually passively increases your enmity decay, is that true?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-20 19:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
With mog garden, do the different areas level up as you use them? At the moment all my areas are rank 7 except Furrows which are rank 5, would I rank up a lot faster if I use revival tree roots every hour compared to using grain seeds every 8 hours?

Yes, its supposedly based on number of harvests instead of number of items harvested, so harvesting every hour is the fastest way to level it up, except like buying 200 Grow M Good.

However.. it still takes a shitfuckton of harvesting, every time you think "it'll rank up this time for sure" try 3 more times, you'll still be wrong u_u;;

Crevox said: »
I read somewhere that idling in -enmity gear actually passively increases your enmity decay, is that true?

I had never heard this one, as far as I know enmity -/+ only affect actions, not the rate of decay over time (passively). But if you get hit in -enmity that should make it decrease faster.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-20 22:22:25
Link | Citer | R

Two questions-

I went to turn in my base weapon for my next mythic, and Abqubah says that I already had a weapon turned in. Then he returned Windslicer and I was able to turn in my next weapon. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Also wondering which merited BPs are most useful for summoner right now?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-08-20 22:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Two questions-

I went to turn in my base weapon for my next mythic, and Abqubah says that I already had a weapon turned in. Then he returned Windslicer and I was able to turn in my next weapon. Is this how it's supposed to work?
Yes, you get your last completed mythic's vigil weapon back when you turn in a new weapon after finishing the last, and want to start a new one.
You should then see a CS with Abqubah holding the newly turned in vigil weapon, then you talk to naja, paparoon, get your empty journals, etc just like the 1st time.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-20 22:50:39
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Two questions-

Yes, you get your last completed mythic's vigil weapon back when you turn in a new weapon after finishing the last, and want to start a new one.
You should then see a CS with Abqubah holding the newly turned in vigil weapon, then you talk to naja, paparoon, get your empty journals, etc just like the 1st time.

Awesome, thanks :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-20 22:56:24
Link | Citer | R

Does http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Kick_Back NOT have a ready message? Or is it a battlemod error, it's been FAR too long since I did the shadowlord mission fight to remember.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-20 22:57:21
Link | Citer | R

It's instant without a ready message, yes.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-20 23:19:47
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Does http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Kick_Back NOT have a ready message? Or is it a battlemod error, it's been FAR too long since I did the shadowlord mission fight to remember.

Yeah I had that one shot me when that fight first came out.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-20 23:27:21
Link | Citer | R

kk Thanks, yeah he got me too lol. Somehow he cast a spell, swung once and Kick backed all in the span of 1 second~

2800 kick #funfun
By mortontony1 2014-08-20 23:37:30
Link | Citer | R

For all you whm's out there, is it worth getting lower tier pro/shellra after you have V merited other than completion purposes?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-20 23:52:45
Link | Citer | R

You want to get at least Prot3/Shell2 for /whm purposes.
By mortontony1 2014-08-20 23:56:21
Link | Citer | R

You want to get at least Prot3/Shell2 for /whm purposes.

Exact answer I was looking for, thank you.
By Crevox 2014-08-21 03:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Are Gallu weak to any specific magic element? I was pushing macc hard and couldn't land any wind on the Alluvion Skirmish one, curious if it was just a bad element choice or they are just super resistant to magic (or high MDB).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-21 04:43:36
Link | Citer | R

While Gallu have no specified weakness, it's still unknown exactly how skirmish II works, it's theorized that using a Eudaemon Ring will make it weak to magic. But that's the best guess we have at the moment.

It is a Demon, so if anything, light, but aside from Trueflight, there isn't really a good source of light damage (skillchains).
By Crevox 2014-08-21 05:56:01
Link | Citer | R

I was using a Eudaemon Sash with Garuda. Wind Blade just would not stick (300-400 dmg), even with practically a full MACC skirmish set (+80-100 MACC). Predator Claws was doing just fine, hitting much harder than that.

However, Wind Blade worked okay on the uragnite. I had to swap to an macc set though for decent damage after a hard resist in non-macc.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-08-21 19:00:29
Link | Citer | R

i am new to monk got it to 99 so i can play or have the 2 strongest needed classes pld and monk geared but.

i have no idea where to start i am getting 119 af1 this week.

but what i would like to ask is a name of what normally monks should use and give me it in a list form like this

head creed (both names are random creed poped in to my mind right away)
legs creed ((both names are random creed poped in to my mind right away)

then can you list next to it how or where i get it from so i can look up more for it.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-21 19:28:12
Link | Citer | R

Head: uk'uxkaj with str augment/felistris/whirlpool
Body: traumas/qaaxo
Hands: hesychasts gloves/+1
Legs: quiahuiz trousers with str augment/hesychast/manibhozo brais
Feet: anchorite/qaaxo

Replacing any piece with a good otronif with pdt 3 or 4 is a reasonable choice also, preferably with acc augment for anything above delve1, and da or crit for delve 1 or bellow.
By Zoltar 2014-08-21 19:32:17
Link | Citer | R

The legs I use for monk are Ighwa Trousers (Delve v2)

The feet I use are Daihanshi Habaki (AAGK I believe)
By mortontony1 2014-08-21 23:41:25
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if Ciphers are sendable within POL account?
 Asura.Echandra
Serveur: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-08-21 23:59:39
Link | Citer | R

nope
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-08-22 04:26:52
Link | Citer | R

What is an okay/good(could be best) Capacity Point farm area in Adoulin that only has 1 certain type of mob that does not agro you when you are close to it?

Since I do solo JP xp when iam bored and make my mule afk to leech xp + JP points, I sometimes have to save my mule from dying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-22 07:04:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
What is an okay/good(could be best) Capacity Point farm area in Adoulin that only has 1 certain type of mob that does not agro you when you are close to it?

Since I do solo JP xp when iam bored and make my mule afk to leech xp + JP points, I sometimes have to save my mule from dying.

I was just curious about this myself... I was trying to think of a spot that met the same basic criteria.

Gives CP
Doesn't aggro
Small enough area a mule can be afk

2 problems I came across:

There is no where I can think of that would have mobs up fast enough to make it worth while that do not aggro an afk mule.

Now are you going to be afk as well... and don't care about how fast you kill? Can it be an area with more than 1 type?

I don't want to give away the exact spots, last thing you want is other people going where you're going to go, and be annoying).
Slow, but singular type mobs:
Ceizack a lot of spots have non-aggro w/o umbrils
Yashe same deal, slightly better camps
Morimar has 2(?)
Rala (if you set the mule in a dead end hallway)

Fast/almost unlimited/non-aggro but mixed mob type:
Woh gates was PERFECT, till they ilvl *** it up making the mobs very hard to solo.
Again ceizack/yashe/rala
Ra'kaznar
Foret has a workable area (if you again set the mule off to the side)

Thats all I can really think of.
These are like the only areas in the game that have mobs that repop fast enough, that don't aggro. Almost any POS in any zone has aggressive mobs...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-22 07:41:06
Link | Citer | R

Well, I was going with the assumption of not-nuking job as you can go almost anywhere and get cp on a nuke job... That's why we've seen a dozen pics of blms with completely capped out JP from botting woh.

Cirdas in general can work, in that sense, anywhere can work really, if you put the mule on /follow.

And umbrils aggro, so that fails the criteria.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-22 08:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Twitherym mobs in Dho gates don't aggro or link, they give good exp/cp and respawn quickly so you should never be waiting on repops.

Theres about 6 or 8 mobs in 1 room.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-22 08:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Twitherym mobs in Dho gates don't aggro or link, they give good exp/cp and respawn quickly so you should never be waiting on repops.

Theres about 6 or 8 mobs in 1 room.

Interesting, did not know there was such an area, about to become crowded x_x;;

(Admittedly I hadn't been everywhere in adoulin so there was bound to be a location or two I was unaware of.)
First Page 2 3 ... 309 310 311 ... 834 835 836