Why Is It So Difficult To Criticize Islam Without Angrying It Deeply?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23
 Fairy.Pwrlessgirl
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrlessgirl 2010-05-03 08:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Every society who has a Theocracy have used their "Man made religion" as the rule of law, and those who have power as a muslim society ruled by their church/prophets and beliefs, then to abuse of it and kill anyone who do not think like them (those they call infidels.) So did the Moors (muslims) back hundreds of years ago occupying and imposing thier religion in the Iberian Peninsula (Spain, Portugal) for 800 years.
So did the catolic church shortly afterwards in the "Dark Ages" prosecuting and imposing catolicism. For example the case of Galileo killed by the inquisition for going against catholic church beliefs that the Earth is NOT the center of the universe, neither is falt. I'm pretty sure there are some Knuckle heads out there killing in the name of christianity who still think the Earth is flat, as im sure theres a bunch of muslims out there still thinking when they die by martyrdom they will have their 72 virgins waiting for them, whilst killing so called infidels, stoning to death their own women for for being raped by thier own men, or by cutting the hand of a thief whose only crime was stealing food for their family. Ironic it seems.!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-03 08:46:57
Link | Citer | R

their women walk around wearing full body black condoms with sand in their vaginas, they would prefer to hump their camels, and they pray to Allah five times a day...

Yeah, I'd be pissed too.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-05-03 09:03:21
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Balufalu
Serveur: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Balufalu 2010-05-03 09:11:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Helixx said:
peeekshah
Probably the most sensible thing said in this topic so far
By semimmortal 2010-05-03 09:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Helixx said:
BERZERK!
Reminds me... I should continue reading it.
Been a while since I stopped (near the Pirate fight part, can't remember the details).
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-03 09:17:38
Link | Citer | R

The Ori from Stargate Atlantis were based on Islam, at least thats my opinion anyway
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-05-03 10:23:02
Link | Citer | R

Having a Open discussion is cool
Having Questions about the religion is cool
but why do you need to criticize it? btw depicting the prophet with a bomb strapped to his body is not funny at all. also its not just criticizing but a direct provocation of a community. Anyways every human being is different what you enjoy someone elses hates so lets keep it that way.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-03 10:40:25
Link | Citer | R

having South Park depict Muhamed was hilarious.

thats whats wrong with people these days, everyone has that stick shoved so far up their *** that their funny stations have been impaled.

Sure, if I was a smelly Islamic guy who had to stare at woman covered from head to toe in black robes while having a camel for company, yeah I'd be pissed too.

like Thunderz said, it was only a few hundred years ago that the Catholic church started hanging people and burning others for the belief that they were witches. Witches, seriously? Next thing you know the descendants of those priests start to molest altar boys like its a national pasttime.

When it comes down to it, your God isn't better than my God because in the end, there is no God, there never was one. There was an unseen force in nature that dedicated how people died and lived and people dubbed it "A Higher Being" to make some sort of sense out of it.

I mean really, how serious do you think the world takes a religion where its savior comes back as a bible thumping zombie who has a bunny as his mascot?

[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-03 12:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Mabrook said:
I'm glad I was raised to be respective and humble to others.

I feel sorry for your parents my brother~
yeah, you keep telling yourself that while you stroke your pecker with that smug grin on your face
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Serveur: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-05-03 12:35:23
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Sure, if I was a smelly Islamic guy who had to stare at woman covered from head to toe in black robes while having a camel for company, yeah I'd be pissed too.

I think they will be pissed off at the Smelly Drunkard American or Irish man, for the freedom of Drinking Alcoholic beverages and the freedom to speak their minds (even while drunk) without the fear of Theocratic prosecution.

Everytime I read these Religion and/or politics forums my head start spinning because Atheists/Agnostics/Phanatics will never agree. So the Earth continues to be round and the sun will rise from the East! And I will surely go back to craft Shithei later tonight and forget about this.
 Odin.Spccdog
Serveur: Odin
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2010-05-03 13:00:36
Link | Citer | R

the muslim extremeists hate anyone who is allowed to make their own decision and have freedoms that they dont have its rediculous, and notice i said extremeists not all muslims.
[+]
 Valefor.Midknight
Serveur: Valefor
user: Midknight
By Valefor.Midknight 2010-05-03 13:45:57
Link | Citer | R

I'd say Europe is just as permissive as the U.S. is, so I don't think extremists target the U.S. due to any particular freedoms we allow. Most of them cite the U.S.'s unerring support for Israel (ex. U.N. Security Council) as their main motivation. If the issue with Israel and Palestine was resolved, the extremists would lose a great deal of their support.
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 14:59:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
Asura.Korpg said:
What you basically got here, is a failure to communicate.
I think it's pretty obvious that there's a failure to communicate.

I tried to elaborate on why, because this looks to me as one of the biggest issues on Earth. I know that nobody will talk about it but perhaps it's simply because everyone feels it'll just makes things worse... And I'm wondering if understanding why there's a failure to communicate, as you say too well, can help find a solution. I'm probably not the only one to have tried. I realize many don't even care. But nevertheless, thanks for commenting.
Here is the main problem. They think they are right, and are unwilling to talk about the slightest possibility that they are wrong. Its either you join their religion or die a painful death.

Think I'm lying?

9/11, London Bombings, Spain Bombings, France Bombings, hell, its everywhere.

One of their 99 rules to live by is to kill all infidels, now you tell me that Muslims are peaceful.
Ragnarok.Psyence said:

"Our lives begin to end when we become silent about things that matter."

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Thats true, but he didn't have to experience the hate and terror of Islam. They weren't THAT active back then.
Asura.Korpg said:
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
Asura.Korpg said:
What you basically got here, is a failure to communicate.
I think it's pretty obvious that there's a failure to communicate.

I tried to elaborate on why, because this looks to me as one of the biggest issues on Earth. I know that nobody will talk about it but perhaps it's simply because everyone feels it'll just makes things worse... And I'm wondering if understanding why there's a failure to communicate, as you say too well, can help find a solution. I'm probably not the only one to have tried. I realize many don't even care. But nevertheless, thanks for commenting.
Here is the main problem. They think they are right, and are unwilling to talk about the slightest possibility that they are wrong. Its either you join their religion or die a painful death.

Think I'm lying?

9/11, London Bombings, Spain Bombings, France Bombings, hell, its everywhere.

One of their 99 rules to live by is to kill all infidels, now you tell me that Muslims are peaceful.
Ragnarok.Psyence said:

"Our lives begin to end when we become silent about things that matter."

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Thats true, but he didn't have to experience the hate and terror of Islam. They weren't THAT active back then.

Korpg you are by far the most ignorant *** ever. Okay, a few terrorists commit crimes and therefore everyone is to be labeled in the same fashion?

I would love to see your source of information where all muslims are required to kill infidels.

Check your references before you open your mouth. Oh wait, I forgot, you're Korpg... If it's food, forums, or e-peen you can't help but keep that mouth wide open.

I'll keep in mind every black person is a basketball playing rapist, and everyone will get along just fine.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 15:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Not all middle eastern people are terrorists, but most terrorists these days are middle eastern.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Not all middle eastern people are terrorists, but most terrorists these days are middle eastern.

Watch more world news. There are so many cases of terrorism that occurs around the world that isn't recorded on popular US media.

There's more than enough idiots of middle eastern descent and/or muslims to make the rest look bad, but just because your only source of news is probably via forums and maybe catching a random glimpse on CNN definitely doesn't mean you have any room to make such a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE generalization.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-05-03 15:07:05
Link | Citer | R

Thread in its entirety is tl;dr, but I dunno it's not just Islam. If I start arguing the fallacies of Christianity to a lot of people, I usually end up 'angrying' them, too.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-03 15:09:26
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Maimed said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Watch more world news. There are so many cases of terrorism that occurs around the world that isn't recorded on popular US media.

There's more than enough idiots of middle eastern descent and/or muslims to make the rest look bad, but just because your only source of news is probably via forums and maybe catching a random glimpse on CNN definitely doesn't mean you have any room to make such a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE generalization.

I'll make any generalisation I want. It's true.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 15:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Maimed said:
Korpg you are by far the most ignorant *** ever. Okay, a few terrorists commit crimes and therefore everyone is to be labeled in the same fashion?

I would love to see your source of information where all muslims are required to kill infidels.

Check your references before you open your mouth. Oh wait, I forgot, you're Korpg... If it's food, forums, or e-peen you can't help but keep that mouth wide open.

I'll keep in mind every black person is a basketball playing rapist, and everyone will get along just fine.
Tim Duncan isn't a racist, and Manu Ginobili isn't black (yes, I'm a Spurs fan, bite me). Hell, I doubt 99% of the professional basketball players are rapists. Just Kobe.

But if you want a source, there was one provided for you in this very thread
Trebold said:
Surah 9:5

"When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful."

But then again, the Islam holy book isn't a good enough reference, isn't it?

But then again, I give resources for my facts, you just like to e-thug your way into any/every argument.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 15:29:11
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Maimed said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'll make any generalisation I want. It's true.

You're entitled to say whatever you wish. It's the beauty of free speech. I still think you're ignorant.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-03 15:31:12
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Mabrook said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

A guy jumps off a bridge, he happens to be white.

So I'll say all white people that are on the bridge are about to commit suicide, sounds about right ya?

Just because there are some *** that believe blowing themselves up is the "right" thing to do doesn't mean every single middle easterner is out there minds.

It's grown to a sense where middle easterners are to blame for everything wrong in this world ya?

Thanks George Bush, thanks a lot...

Food for thought:

Hence why I said not all middle easterners are terrorists, but most terrorists are middle eastern.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 15:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Maimed said:
You're entitled to say whatever you wish. It's the beauty of free speech. I still think you're ignorant.

And yet, you don't even know why he is an idiot.

Which is why I think you are an idiot.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-03 15:35:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:
Fairy.Maimed said:

>.>
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-03 15:35:47
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Mabrook said:
I'd like to see what happens when people in any other country get attacked by the strongest mafia in the world... the US government.

Maybe couple years down the line I'll bump this thread and say I told you so.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 15:38:34
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Fairy.Maimed said:

>.>
I'm just saying, he is calling you an idiot, but he doesn't know why you are an idiot.

Personally, I think your IQ is greater than the average poster here to be honest.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 15:38:54
Link | Citer | R

Do you realize the translation of text can be inefficient? This is why different versions of the Bible don't say the same exact thing, and you get all these funky variations of religion.

Regardless, my point isn't in defending the text. I was muslim-born into a middle eastern household but I am an atheist. My issue lies with idiots who think my only goal in life is to blow myself up in a stadium and score as many casualties as possible.

Funny thing is, I joke about it with friends. Hell I take a joke pretty well and we talk massive ***, but there's a big difference between kidding around and legitimate ignorance.

You honestly seem to believe that we're all walking timebombs because Allah says so. That bugs me.

Most muslims are idiots, they blindly follow their religion because they don't know any better. The same rule applies to 95% of the so-called religious people on this planet. I have no respect for anyone that can't intelligently speak about their faith, much less do any actual study on what they supposedly believe in.

Anyway, I'm going to stop sidetracking myself. My only issue is with you stating all muslims are terrorists. That's *** up and yet it proves the point that closed-minded individuals will continue to feed the flames of ignorance that pit idiots against one another.

I never really cared for you as a forums personality but I completely lost any respect for you as a person, not that you give a ***.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23