Need Suggestions On My Gear (SMN)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Need suggestions on my gear (SMN)
Need suggestions on my gear (SMN)
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-04-25 22:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Hello. As the title says, I'm looking for suggestions to further strengthen/enhance my avatar's attacks and wards.

Here are the sets I use for my Summoner:

Idle gear/perp down set (I use a Karura Hachigane if I'm using Garuda).

Blood pact: Rage (Physical). Again, I use a Karura Hachigane if I'm using Garuda.

Blood Pact: Rage (Magical)

Royal Redingote is augmented with Pet: Magic Attack+7 and magic Accuracy+7 and Avatar perpetuation cost -2

Elemental Siphon/ Blood pact: Ward

Any suggestion and/or constructive criticism is accepted (assuming you have any merit in what you say), which items I should aim to obtain, etc. The Fay Crozier I use has "Blood pact" ability delay -3, "Avatar perpetuation cost" -3, and pet: Magic Attack Bonus +2.
I should also note that I have 4/8 Summoning Merits which will be 8/8 soon, 5/5 Avatar Phys. Attack, 5/5 Avatar Magic Attack, 1 merit in Wind Blade and 1 merit in Heavenly Strike.
Thanks.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-25 22:31:54
Link | Citer | R

Why Tamas? Or Novia? Or Phantom Tathlum? Or Prism Cape?
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
Serveur: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-25 22:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Idle gear = -pdt, auto refresh, auto regen, move speed, +mp.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-25 22:41:59
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:

ent obviously it carries over from their other jobs, dont be a jackass and just post what they can upgrade

hurdurr
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-25 22:42:02
Link | Citer | R

Don't understand any of that.

Again, use Karura Hachigane for Gaurda, and only when Garuda is up and DDing.

Use full relic for both Physical and Magical BPs (hint: Recast timer)

Change your Royal Redingote so it would be Perp-2 and Acc+15. Magic Attack Bonus and Magic Accuracy doesn't really do a whole lot, especially when you only have it for 1 type of BP. You would do a whole lot more damage by having free Garuda out and having her melee the mobs than just to BP once and release.

Elite Beret +1 is worthless. Get an Evoker's Horn at the very least. Same thing, just a little more mp.

A SMN's main DD with avatar isn't just BPs, its also TPing, which you can achieve for free on 4 of the 8 Non-Astral Flow Avatars. You can also have Summoning Magic Skill 317/322 if you wish at the same time. Also a lot of Pet Acc which would help your avatar keep whacking mobs instead of whiffing, including level 95+ NMs.

Elemental Syphon set is great, just need to replace the beret with evoker's horn, grab some more summoning magic from my set.

BTW, this set I showed you has been achieved. Its my personal goal suceeded. You can switch the Fay staff for Item Not Found! for a little more acc/att/elemental syphone.

You can keep your Tamas Ring instead of Serket's BTW. Nothing wrong with that ring.
 Fenrir.Dannie
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-04-25 22:42:13
Link | Citer | R

that basic smn gear other then the ~Novia~
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-04-25 22:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Prism Cape is there until I get a Astute Cape, and Novia is there until I get a Summoning Earring. What should I be using in my ammo slot? Hedgehog bomb? For the ring, what do you suggest I'd use? I have looked around and have not seen a more decent ring than that, unless I use a Conjurer's Ring.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-25 22:45:23
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Prism Cape is there until I get a Astute Cape, and Novia is there until I get a Summoning Earring. What should I be using in my ammo slot? Hedgehog bomb? For the ring, what do you suggest I'd use? I have looked around and have not seen a more decent ring than that, unless I use a Conjurer's Ring.
Conjurer's Ring is dangerous, you don't have much HP as it is.

Hedgehog Bomb is best for range slot.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-25 22:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Well you seem to have a bias toward INT/MND even though they don't do anything for SMN. Obviously, Serket Ring is 20 MP better than Tamas, and Astral Earring is 25 MP better than Novia. And of course Hedgehog Bomb is another 20 MP increase.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-25 22:48:25
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Well you seem to have a bias toward INT/MND even though they don't do anything for SMN. Obviously, Serket Ring is 20 MP better than Tamas, and Astral Earring is 25 MP better than Novia. And of course Hedgehog Bomb is another 20 MP increase.
Spirit Taker. Nuff said.
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-25 22:49:14
Link | Citer | R

Colossus's Earring > astral earring!
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-04-25 22:52:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:
Use full relic for both Physical and Magical BPs (hint: Recast timer) Change your Royal Redingote so it would be Perp-2 and Acc 15. Magic Attack Bonus and Magic Accuracy doesn't really do a whole lot, especially when you only have it for 1 type of BP. You would do a whole lot more damage by having free Garuda out and having her melee the mobs than just to BP once and release. Item Not Found! is worthless. Get an Evoker's Horn at the very least. Same thing, just a little more mp. A SMN's main DD with avatar isn't just BPs, its also TPing, which you can achieve for free on 4 of the 8 Non-Astral Flow Avatars. You can also have Summoning Magic Skill 317/322 if you wish at the same time. Also a lot of Pet Acc which would help your avatar keep whacking mobs instead of whiffing, including level 95 NMs.

Okay, I see. The only non AF2 piece I use for Physical Blood pacts is the Evoker's Spats for the Avatar Accuracy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-04-25 23:00:44
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I don't use it for the INT/MND, I use the Tamas for the MP and -3 Emnity. The Prism Cape gives me 10HP and 10MP (not alot but it works, I'd rather have that than a Blue Cape which takes away HP and hurts my Sublimation.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-04-25 23:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:

I've never had an issue using my Conjurer's Ring. Similar to Sorc Ring, you don't need Yellow HP for it, and assuming you aren't completely stupid and keep buffs up as much as possible (Blink, Stoneskin, Phalanx if for some reason you really want to /RDM) then you're pretty good.

SMN/SCH, I don't think I've ever had any issues because of my Conjurer's Ring (Garuda + Titan to buff, rest then start doing whatever).
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-25 23:38:24
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Asura.Korpg said:

I've never had an issue using my Conjurer's Ring. Similar to Sorc Ring, you don't need Yellow HP for it, and assuming you aren't completely stupid and keep buffs up as much as possible (Blink, Stoneskin, Phalanx if for some reason you really want to /RDM) then you're pretty good.

SMN/SCH, I don't think I've ever had any issues because of my Conjurer's Ring (Garuda Titan to buff, rest then start doing whatever).
On top of that, Sublimation is a really easy way to control how much HP you have and it tends to work even better when you're /SCH.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-04-26 01:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Can physical BPs crit? I thought they couldn't & YY robe would be > Relic body
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-26 02:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Too lazy to say too much. If you want to know more send me a PM.

One thing I'm not seeing is a separate BP timer pallet, and you're kinda making the magic/rage BPs into timer/BP hybrid. Your "Magic" bps should look like your "Ward" for the most part, with the ACP body and whatnot. Enmity- gear should be with your BP timer set where ever you can get it, along with avatar enmity+.... if you can get it, etc.

Idle should not be the same as perp-, as mentioned before.

As for the Elite Beret is worthless, depending on how many jobs the OP has, it's inventory -1. No one likes inventory -1. If they have a ton of free space, then they should use the AF.