Titan.Stealthwolf
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-04-18 11:48:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Titan.Stealthwolf said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah but it doesn't just apply to fake. Even real online people tend to forget that they still paid for it and worked for it. Kinda similar in ffxi. They just want it now and don't think about losses and such as much. Or release how long it took them etc

i make profit or at least break even on everything i sell. Plus i value my time so i use a formula to derrive if x item is worth the cost of manufacture and factor in sale and drop rate to gain a profit per hour ratio that i then use to chose what to farm and how and when to farm.

Anyhows have fun chatting about the ah, im goin to bed nn all good luck to finding a compromise and remeber its a GAME you only need to know how to play it!

Ya expect a vast majority doesn't know how to lol!
yeah i just laugh and carry on doing whatever i was doing in the first place
 Carbuncle.Zitale
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2010-04-18 12:48:50
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Chasuro said:
I hope for positive evolution in all things which we can achieve through positive discourse.
Previously, in this post:
Bismarck.Chasuro said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Its called supply and demand.
It happens all the time.
Deal with it.

Bismarck.Chasuro said:
You made yourself look like the douche you are trying to paint him as.

I don't think we have same definition of positive discourse (>^^)>
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-04-18 12:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zitale said:
Bismarck.Chasuro said:
I hope for positive evolution in all things which we can achieve through positive discourse.
Previously, in this post:
Bismarck.Chasuro said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Its called supply and demand.
It happens all the time.
Deal with it.

Bismarck.Chasuro said:
You made yourself look like the douche you are trying to paint him as.

I don't think (>^^)>

Well when taken out of context you can turn anything around.
 Carbuncle.Zitale
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2010-04-18 13:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Even with the context, say "***" to other ideas then yours isn't "positive discourse".
Even with the context, calling someone who no agree with ya "douche" isn't "positive discourse".

He say he want everyone else to have positive attitude, but don't use it himself.
In a post he ask others to not undercut, showing you don't do what you ask of others isn't great

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-04-18 15:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zitale said:
Even with the context, say "***" to other ideas then yours isn't "positive discourse".
Even with the context, calling someone who no agree with ya "douche" isn't "positive discourse".

He say he want everyone else to have positive attitude, but don't use it himself.
In a post he ask others to not undercut, showing you don't do what you ask of others isn't great

The person who I said was making themself look like the douche was not talking about this thread but dragging another player drama thread into this one. If you read what he said you would see that he neither agreed or disagreed with me, he just brought unnecessary name calling which was completely off topic.

I stated that I felt simply blaming it on economics was bs in the opening post. That is my opinion. If you read the posts you will see that after listening to some perspectives I understood that point of view better.

Please post if it is pertinent to the thread. Your rant has nothing to do with the topic.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-04-27 08:43:10
Link | Citer | R

I dont undercut to sell anything faster, i undercut to sell at all >< ,If my item gets returned 2 times because nobody whanted to pay the listing price or someon undercutted i just undercut myself, even with loss, just to get rid of it. The item only takes up inv space and a AH slot.
By juro 2010-04-27 08:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Stop comparing FFXI to real life's economy, since it's by no means the *** same.

The way you produce items is in no way similiar to that of a real company.

Crafting has nothing to do with supply and demand, it's a bunch of idiots ruining the prices by having no idea how synthesis actually works. (Flaw#1: T1 is 1/10 - IT'S NOT - 1/16 - and even then people don't account break rates)
No supplier of the real world would produce if the return is lower than the cost, on FFXI people do this all the time. Now sure there's the chance on HQing, but with some basic maths you will see that in the long run you are still producing below the cost. Supply and demand? Surely not.

People even undercut themselves or if no other of the same items are up on the AH at the present time, if you want to undercut do it in bazaars, then you won't *** every way of making gil via casual means over.

And to the people bragging about their marketing class, or whatever, stop trying to act smarter than you are, I'm positive you're not the only student of economy (I'm studying finance aswell), and FFXI does by little to no way apply to the general laws you're being taught.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-27 09:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Im adding what I thought this thread was about originally - Buying and selling manipulating the AH lol. here are some items on most servers you can npc for profit if you catch them cheap

Platinum Silk - dips down to 2k now thanks to unions and npcs for 3486 gil
Max-Potion - hovers around 10k usually and npcs for 15044 gil
Dodge headbands - usually 1k on ah and npcs for 1565
Shield Pendant - usually 1-2k on ah and sell for 2566 npc
Square of Raxa - usually 7k-8k and npcs for 8912 gil
Pheonix Feather - usually 1k and npcs for 1577 gil
Black mitts - 1-2k on ah and npcs for 2635 gil

these are just a few items along the lines, anytime your bored man check them out. if you see 20 raxa on ah can make it worthwhile

This is actually quite a good way of making money, I have an item set of all the items that often dip below the NPC price. As I log into the game I check the list to see if any are in stock and the last sale price, pick the ones that are worth it and go to the AH.

I used to average about 10k every time I logged in. No a massive amount of money, but it would cover my travel expenses/food/RR items for the night online.

Which items you need to watch depends on the server, but a little research goes a long way (tip: check out some of the scrolls).
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2010-04-27 09:39:23
Link | Citer | R

I'll usually wait until there's between 10 and 20 of certain stacks of items on the AH, mule all my stuff, and buy about 10-15 stacks of ingredients (having access to a second account helps with inventory management). After my crafting spree, I'll flood the auction house by selling as much as I can at one time (28 AH slots, <3 my Jeuno mules), undercutting to the point where I'll make about 500~600 gil per stack after the AH listing fee.

I do this so when I'm at work I'll have interesting forum threads to read. That and I still make a slight profit, so it's win-win.

The next phase is to wait for everyone to relist their items, take anything I didn't sell off the AH, buy up what everyone else sold at or under cost, then relist slowly for a profit gain.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-04-29 15:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Did anyone say Supply and Demand yet, cause I'd like to throw that in. As long as there's something that resemble an economy and as long as human beings are controlling it, the rules of Supply and Demand will always be in play.
 Sylph.Spency
Serveur: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-29 15:04:26
Link | Citer | R

The reason I undercut is because I sell consumables (food) in large quantities and AH space is at a premium.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-04-29 15:14:01
Link | Citer | R

That pic is just scary man. It reminds me of the little genetically altered sidekick for Dr. Moreau.