Forum » FFXI » General » Well i guess this is goodbye
Well i guess this is goodbye
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-04-01 12:56:18
Link | Citer | R

I literally have been trying all week to update my card info with POL. I am sure alot of you have the same issue as Ihave. Have been getting this UCS-60257 code. Well after trying the last two days every half an hour to an hour to update this and calling POL a few times over the last couple days. I am finally at a loss. So i guess after 6yrs this will be the end of me on Phoenix. Take care everyone, and I will still hang out on these forums so if you need to contact me in some way, do it through here!
[+]
 Hades.Darkrift
Serveur: Hades
user: darkrift
By Hades.Darkrift 2010-04-01 12:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Have you tried calling the tech support for POL?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Elvaton
Serveur: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-04-01 13:08:16
Link | Citer | R

POL pails nuff said
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-04-01 13:10:49
Link | Citer | R

yea i called them.. they said its server congestion... and that if ive done everything through the mastercard secure system that there shouldnt be an issue with my card... i also asked if they could take a manual payment, which they said no, also asked if they could input it into their system.. and they said that would be a possibility but they are under maintenance atm so..i would have to wait.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-04-01 13:17:44
Link | Citer | R

I've said this to another guy but it's worth trying. If you have a non computer version of the game, you don't need a secure code. Otherwise, you can ask someone you trust in game who plays on PS2/3/360 (I had to do this as the secure code service was delayed for my cc provider ._.). Of course it is dangerous to give out your pw and cc info to someone you don't know personally, but there are decent people on these games and if you've played for 6 years you may have met a couple. :)

Btw if this isn't your problem, sorrrrry <3. The topic was kinda vague and I just wanted to help!
[+]
 Hades.Hatekhaos
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-04-01 13:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Thas *** cause whenever i get the problem I go online and they are able to update the system with my cc info. is your card on the secure site that they recently came out with? cause mine is not and they have been able to update the info.

side note - everyone has different color header bar... how O.O

edit- nvm i got a different color too ^.^
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-04-01 13:24:11
Link | Citer | R

notice your picture is turned sideways also!
 Titan.Cilla
Serveur: Titan
user: Cylla
By Titan.Cilla 2010-04-01 13:26:40
Link | Citer | R

I had this same issue a few months ago and even after I did the whole secure thing on my bank card I still couldn't get the payment information to go through.

I ended up running to Walmart and just buying one of them green dot cards and using that.
[+]
 Hades.Darkrift
By Hades.Darkrift 2010-04-01 13:48:14
Link | Citer | R

I think you should just keep getting on chat with tech support until the problem has been figured out.
[+]
 Hades.Darkrift
By Hades.Darkrift 2010-04-01 13:48:42
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Cilla said:
I had this same issue a few months ago and even after I did the whole secure thing on my bank card I still couldn't get the payment information to go through.

I ended up running to Walmart and just buying one of them green dot cards and using that.

Or this. That's a good idea.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2010-04-01 17:18:23
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, maybe if you bug them enough on the phone or in chat they'll do something for you. I heard of some situations where even though a person couldn't do the new secure thing they still let them pay.
[+]
By ravenillusion 2010-04-01 17:29:05
Link | Citer | R

I have been through the same thing a few times, I have always found that you will need to wait sometimes up to 48 hours after the reg sever maint before being able to successfully update the card. I have had horrible luck a few times, but if I just keep at it is fine.
 Phoenix.Jile
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2010-04-01 17:34:48
Link | Citer | R

The solution I found was already mentioned already above... I ran into this problem, so I loaded up my 360 and changed payment info through that ~ it doesn't do the verified visa/mastercard thing on the 360 so I was able to change the card and get back online instantly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-04-02 14:24:07
Link | Citer | R

Well as of today, i was kicked off for non payment because of this issue.. called POL support though and they were able to manually input my card info into the system for me... thank goodness it went this way... i really appreciate all the help guys.. and now that, that is taken care of .. ill see you all in game!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-02 14:30:45
Link | Citer | R

Degs, Would it basically not let you log in to view or change your info? It wouldn't let me log in to review my fees earlier.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-04-02 14:33:39
Link | Citer | R

it wouldnt let me change the card info, for like the last week i was having that issue... accessing membership information was never a problem though..today when i went on my computer .. i was kicked off the game because of the game fees being rejected from my old bank account, and i was able to access membership info. but still wasnt able to update it... so called POL and they did it manually in their system.
 Leviathan.Darkmod
Serveur: Leviathan
user: darkmod
By Leviathan.Darkmod 2010-04-02 14:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Yo. Heres an idea. Do it on a Xbox, or a PS2. I had the same issue for my wife's account. We tried to activate it on the PC, and it was asking us to do that RIDICULOUS Vista Verify ***. I gave that like, 5 seconds, and then just decided to add her new card n my xbox. Done. Instant.

I know this aint really a "fix", and it might not be practical, but, its the best you can do. The game costs like, $10 for xbox, find somone with an xbox, and you are good to go.

-- Edit, oh, its fixed, lol. well, congrats then.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce 2010-04-02 15:17:00
Link | Citer | R

I got your solution right here,
First download google chrome and set it as your default browser
next go to this video (i made it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPHHqTrlF14
skip to 2:45, use that credit card information and 3 digit number i used then use the year of YOUR card and everything else is your real billing address, next you will get a screen that says "use the payer authentication service" this will open a window in google chrome now enter the zip code and year you used and it should confirm it and say close the window (just red x it because the close button doesnt work for some reason) now you can hit submit and you'll get UCS - 60257
now you go back and put your real card information including the 3 digit number and it should work. This works with probably all prepaid cards.

*credits to me for finally figuring out how to bypass this ****

i see you solved your problem but this works for anyone
 Phoenix.Kusama
By Phoenix.Kusama 2010-04-02 15:26:36
Link | Citer | R

I had a problem today i was ban from playonline, problem is i got a new CC from my bank in the mail so i had to switch it ;; and i was ban from playonline from not paying. I easy fix it by switching the new CC. i hope you can fix yourproblem

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Pestilence
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Pestilence 2010-04-30 22:54:38
Link | Citer | R

This is happening to me also. I have been playing since NA release using the same CC and since I can't update my CC info this is how it ends. I have tried atleast 12 emails to SE support and they all say there is nothing they can do and it is my bank. Thanks alot and so long SE. You are about as helpful as a limp *** in a bucket of hot sauce.
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 23:22:59
Link | Citer | R

Some cards do not allow SE to take out $1.

SE will try to take out $1 out of your bank account to see if your card is valid. If after certain amount of tries, it is still denied, you wont be able to update your info.

Call your bank/card and see if SE tried that. That might be a problem. I had the same problem a while back.