Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Trial of the Magians: Smn Staffs
Trial of the Magians: Smn Staffs
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-03-30 17:52:41
Link | Citer | R

I have check on wiki and couldn't find any information on it. Will you be able to have a complete set of -avatar perp staffs or will you only be able to have one staff? Also what exactly does the elemental affinity on the staffs mean?

thanks

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Staff_Trials
 Caitsith.Bloodshadow
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Bloodshadow 2010-03-30 17:57:11
Link | Citer | R

The Staffs are not rare, so yes you can make a full set. As for elemental affinity, I assume it just means it works for both avatars and elementals of that element.
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-03-30 17:57:52
Link | Citer | R

Since they all have the same name it would be a pain to macro them in though. Sux
 Caitsith.Bloodshadow
By Caitsith.Bloodshadow 2010-03-30 18:01:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, poor planning on SE's part.
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-03-30 18:06:04
Link | Citer | R

*sigh* Well i hope they realize this and fix it in an update.
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2010-03-30 18:10:45
Link | Citer | R

or just have the staff u need in ur inventory and the rest in ur satchel. not a great solution but it's a start...
 Fairy.Usua
Serveur: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-31 12:14:54
Link | Citer | R

The elemental affinity probably has to do with the element that corresponds to each avatar. I.E. wind for Garuda and such, meaning it might cost more mp to have up a avatar who element conflicts with the element of the staff.
 Fenrir.Shambo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-31 12:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Katashuro said:
or just have the staff u need in ur inventory and the rest in ur satchel. not a great solution but it's a start...

its joe jonas lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-31 12:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Bloodshadow said:
Actually good planning. Otherwise this would replace the really hard to get stuff like bahamut or nirvana like that and all the people with them would QQ like there is no tomorrow
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-03-31 13:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Actually good planning. Otherwise this would replace the really hard to get stuff like bahamut or nirvana like that and all the people with them would QQ like there is no tomorrow

I don't mind having multiple staves. I would just like to macro them in and use macros since i have an Xbox and it's a pain to shift through menus often. Since they all have the same name, even for different affinities, I will have to manually change it in my equipment when i summon and stuff. As a summoner I change avatars often in a party. I just wish they would of had different names that made them easier to macro.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-31 13:53:57
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tsujikiri said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I don't mind having multiple staves. I would just like to macro them in and use macros since i have an Xbox and it's a pain to shift through menus often. Since they all have the same name, even for different affinities, I will have to manually change it in my equipment when i summon and stuff. As a summoner I change avatars often in a party. I just wish they would of had different names that made them easier to macro.
Like I said that is exactly the point. No one really cares about lugging around 8 staffs. It is about actually effectively using them. That difficulty will make them not as good and make people less likely to cry after spending 120mil or so gil and then seeing other much easier to get staffs do just as good.
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-03-31 14:13:27
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tsujikiri said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Like I said that is exactly the point. No one really cares about lugging around 8 staffs. It is about actually effectively using them. That difficulty will make them not as good and make people less likely to cry after spending 120mil or so gil and then seeing other much easier to get staffs do just as good.

I guess so. I had that mentality in the last game i played PSU. Spents tons of time leveling curing spells and damage spells and such. Then an update came out and all the people who joined that month could cap out their stuff in one month what took me several months. LOL. Now i don't really get into games too much. This one caught my attention and i'm liking it. Jumped onto the bandwagon last year so i was a little late.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-03-31 17:47:22
Link | Citer | R

prob be more practical get only coupel for high use avatars or ones that already get lot - perp gear to maybe push them to 0 like garuda . or maybe like dark sinc ehave mulple mobs for that element
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-31 21:27:17
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
prob be more practical get only coupel for high use avatars or ones that already get lot - perp gear to maybe push them to 0 like garuda . or maybe like dark sinc ehave mulple mobs for that element
You can't actually push perp to 0 oustide of 2hr. Just to -1 and autorefresh will cover it. And you can already do that with say garuda. Of course being able to do that while still wearing a refresh body (and not using avatars favor) so you are gaining mp for bping would be pretty pimp