Magnatus For Full Time CORs!!!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Magnatus for full time CORs!!!
Magnatus for full time CORs!!!
 Carbuncle.Godismax
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: godismax
By Carbuncle.Godismax 2010-04-03 18:05:57
Link | Citer | R

pic of it
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-03 18:11:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Godismax said:
ok not seen this answered yet but this gun has 46 dmg and ive seen another on wiki with 40dmg 5 mab.. which is better for quick draw? its close but im thinking mab as itas a multiplier in the formula but im not an expert so hoping some1 could clear it up for me

Magnatus is what? 12 more damage on quick draw than a 40DMG gun. But 5MAB on say, a 400 damage shot would be 20? I was never good with Quick draw builds, I've only used my Corsair for Support roles.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-03 18:12:26
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Godismax said:
ok not seen this answered yet but this gun has 46 dmg and ive seen another on wiki with 40dmg 5 mab.. which is better for quick draw? its close but im thinking mab as itas a multiplier in the formula but im not an expert so hoping some1 could clear it up for me
Sorta depends on how much MAB you have. But assuming you have and such.

Assuming you use steel bullets and that gun using the [2 * (Gun base DMG + bullet base DMG + Corsair's Tricorne bonus)] * (1 + (MAB / 100))] * (Elemental Staff bonus) formula. The 5 MAB will add 12 dmg before staffs and day etc.

Now using that same formula another 6 dmg would up your dmg before MAB by 12. Which means only if you have a negative MAB will 5MAB do more than 6 dmg. Anything more will favor the higher dmg gun. At least until some better bullets come out even then though.
 Siren.Kuz
Serveur: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-04-03 21:09:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Godismax said:
pic of it

DO WANT!

What progress do you need to follow for this one?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Despayn
Serveur: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-03 22:11:42
Link | Citer | R

But it has intelligence plus *** 4 bro.
 Bahamut.Yukimu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Yukimu
By Bahamut.Yukimu 2010-04-03 22:12:10
Link | Citer | R

A) Why should I prove the cap Detonator cap for you? Those are the knowledge I gain through my own hard work and KParse. "make sure they update wiki", why would I do such a thing? It rather please me quite well knowing dimwits like you still take into account 100% of what wiki says.

B) 1 AGI does influence the actual Detonator's cap. But this would need to be balanced with the actual STR you have. It quite easy to measure all these values. All I have to do switch the Suppanomimi with Drone earring instead. Then continue the process for -2, -3, -4 AGI. Through this process you can easily figure it out.

C) Yes. You can clearly see Pot-au-feu vs Squid Sushi vs Subs. All you need is to have 2 Corsair with same build.(Which I happen to have). On avg you you gain additional 140dmg via Pot-au-feu over squid. But a avg out 250dmg with subs. This is taken into account 1 acc and 1 attack rolls. There is not Dia casted nor a Brd in the party.

D) If you have not even reach the cap, then you can not test out the difference in base dmg for Detonators. IF you did, you would realize the actual base dmg that would be needed to beat Martial Gun's Detonator with the 100% extra tp gained.

E)(Go read A) But FYI there IS a cap on Range Weapon skill.
Here is the reason why. I'll even go slow for you.
fSTR=(WeaponD/9)+8]*2
Marital= 57 (base dmg 39)
Coffinmaker= 58 (base dmg 40)
Eurytos' Bow=89 (base dmg 71)

Even though the Range Weapon and Ammo seem to counter each other from Guns to Bows
Marital 39 + Steel 70 = 109 total
Eurytos' Bow 71 + Demon Arrow 34 = 105.
But this wont matter since it goes off the fSTR, in this our value is 57,58,89. You can clearly see how the bow fSTR would gain a large bonus already.

Ok now lets compare Martial Gun on Great Birds to a level 1 Lizard. At 300tp. You would reach your max dmg. If your build and everything is consent. Now add Dia. Still the same. Now add berserk and warcry. Still the same. Bring a Drg friend over to Angon. Still the same.

Switch over to Coffinmaker with fSTR at 58 with 300tp. Dmg went up. Use it on Great bird to level 1 lizard. Dmg is consent over gain of Marital Gun.

We do not know the actual equation, but clearly there is a cap. "Why slug shot dmg is so high?", that is because the fSTR is calculated in a different way.

Now you pounder onto the idea "But was the gain worth it? holding that 100tp or just shotting it at 100%". This is why unless the base dmg of Corsair's new gun can adjust the fSTR to beat the Marital Gun's Damage Multipliers by .50. If not the Marital Gun would be better for Detonator

With that all, it explain why I can outperform 95% of the RNG's Sidewinder via Detonator. Like in Mamool Ja camp, Dynamis, Limbus, and Einherjar. If you do a Slugshot build to counter RNG's Sidewinder, they clearly have the edge on range attack/ ja/ jts. That and you will miss to. One who "Deals 1k+ dmg" and one that "can do" is two different story.

Talking about "simple math"-
Why don't you go and measure Quick Draw AF head from dmg 150-370. You soon realize that what wiki and what many other think about "Corsair's Tricorne Enhances Quick Draw base damage by 10." Is false.

This just show how much I know about my job. So please, gtfo. I challenged you on your actual numbers you produced and seen. But you just counter with "wiki" info. That is too weak for me.

With that
wait for it
wait for it
High five to the loser>>> You
[+]
 Carbuncle.Godismax
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: godismax
By Carbuncle.Godismax 2010-04-03 22:22:07
Link | Citer | R

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Marksmanship_Trials

3/4 of the way down

also thanx for the advice dmg gun all the way it looks like...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-03 22:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Lol @ there is a cap but agi raises it... then it's not a cap you dumbass. Parts cap like say pdif which you went thru so much trouble explaining when I already stated the cap for that. And fstr which I did too. Good job touching on the same things. Weapon skill mods however do not cap. Base dmg doesn't cap. Ftp doesn't cap though there is only 4 things that affect it. Ws tp ws gorgets and tp bonus items.

Anyways go ahead thinking you are so knowledgable you are the only one that knows everything and everyone else is wrong. Everyone else will continue to laugh at your sad idea of "hard earned knowledge" of the job. Lol at 150-370 on relic head. I don't think there is a person in the world that beleive it will over double your dmg unless you are shotting with um the lowest dmg gun and bullets in the game. Clearly 150 is a resist or a completely different setup
[+]
 Bahamut.Yukimu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Yukimu
By Bahamut.Yukimu 2010-04-04 00:12:01
Link | Citer | R

Weak. Going to change the topic.
But you still totally failed to see that once you gain AGI and STR pass a point vs Mob VIT. Your Dets will still caped out.

That the fact that you must realize.

Main topic. Getting to the cap.

Your "they going to raise cap", missing the whole point here. They raise your cap AGI + STR. But your Detonators stay the same' (main point)

Unlike lets say a BLM will Nuke stronger via INT
Or most other DD with extra STR.

This is my last post. Because talking to you just makes my IQ lower.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-04 00:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Yeah you clearly don't understand melee or ws dmg at all. I suggest you read http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Weapon_Skill_Damage and all related links (like fstr pdif ws mods weapon ranks etc) several times until you do. Then try again

And wtf is dets? Anyways Fstr caps yes. Ws mods have no cap. Agi is a ws mod for most gun ws. Str isn't for most gun ws.

Regardless of the DD if you add str and it isn't a ws mod it wont add much dmg. Only whatever you are getting from attack. And alot of DDs have wss that have stat mods that don't include str. However no matter how much of a ws mod you add it will add dmg. And this would be why sams stack all out str (that and the att and acc boost on soem of there ws). Hell I've gotten 150 str on blu and still done more dmg then when I was 140 on weak *** mobs because the ws had str mobs. And they aren't compared to mob stats at all on physical ws. Even the magical ones are only sometimes. Like say trueflight

Oh and higher dint doesn't always make a nuke stronger. Granted that doesn't happen usually unless you nuking weak ***or nuke in all int and lower the mobs. There is a point where it stops adding dmg and another where it becomes half as effective. Well there are other points like mob int greater than yours.

As far as your IQ getting lower that's impossible. You've already demonstrated a rather high lack of understanding of this games mechanics so I don't really see how it could get lower. But go ahead prove me and everyone else wrong. I dare you to attempt the impossible. Not that you can or will. You clearly don't beleive in testing and just eyeball everything

[+]
By Arrovin 2010-04-05 12:50:38
Link | Citer | R

...Anyway.... Ezekial let us know if this server update going on now fixes your problem please.
By Arrovin 2010-04-29 12:08:05
Link | Citer | R

So close I can taste it. Just need Xarcabar x6