Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Triggering Uggy for Quick Draw
Triggering Uggy for Quick Draw
 Cerberus.Vedder
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2010-03-23 13:19:22
Link | Citer | R

OK, so I'm aware of the latent conditions for the Uggalepih Pendant (I think), but for some reason my QDs "seem" lower than they should be, leading me to think it may not be triggering for me.

Here's my current Quick Draw setup:

With Ninja subjob, I've got 36 MP from gear in this setup plus another 30 MP from 3 MP merits. Prior to firing off Quick Draw, the MP gear is not equipped and I've got a Cassie Earring to force MP to Zero.

So, when I swap into my Quick Draw gear, I'm always at 0/66 MP overall, but based off visible slots I'm at 0/40 MP (Mirke + merits). Either way, it seems to me like I should be triggering the latent.

I will probably do a few tests with Uggy equipped vs. not-equipped just to see if I'm getting numbers, just for peace of mind... but like I said, it "seems" like it's not triggering for some reason so I was wondering if anyone noticed anything I'm missing.
 Siren.Pantmonkey
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2010-03-23 13:21:23
Link | Citer | R

Assuming you are using spellcast for this, is the change to quick draw in the precast or the midcast bit?

If its in the midcast, ur hitting the JA before changing into it. Thats the only thing i can think of.

If not. all seems fine to me.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-23 13:21:46
Link | Citer | R

I'd say the only thing you are missing is doing real trials. After all seems is often fallible.

Either way 0 mp should work even if you have 0 mp max lol.

Also small chance the update borked it
 Cerberus.Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2010-03-23 13:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Pantmonkey said:
Assuming you are using spellcast for this, is the change to quick draw in the precast or the midcast bit?

If its in the midcast, ur hitting the JA before changing into it. Thats the only thing i can think of.

If not. all seems fine to me.

All applicable QD gear is macroed in before the actual Quick Draw JA fires ... no spellcast.
By Zelfyn 2010-03-23 13:46:38
Link | Citer | R

Damage formula:
[2 * (Gun base DMG + bullet base DMG + Corsair's Tricorne bonus)] * (1 + (MAB / 100))] * (Elemental Staff bonus)

Based on the QD set you posted, non-MAB subjob, and assuming your mirke has +4MAB, and you are doing a shot appropriate to your HQ staff:

Unresisted with Uggy active: 336dmg
Unresisted with Uggy fail: 314dmg

If you don't have 4MAB on the mirke then it is 325 and 303

This should help clear up whether your uggy is working
[+]
 Pandemonium.Atua
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Atua
By Pandemonium.Atua 2010-03-23 13:51:07
Link | Citer | R

shouldn't agi be somewhere in there?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2010-03-23 14:44:05
Link | Citer | R

Zelfyn said:
Damage formula:
[2 * (Gun base DMG bullet base DMG Corsair's Tricorne bonus)] * (1 (MAB / 100))] * (Elemental Staff bonus)

Based on the QD set you posted, non-MAB subjob, and assuming your mirke has 4MAB, and you are doing a shot appropriate to your HQ staff:

Unresisted with Uggy active: 336dmg
Unresisted with Uggy fail: 314dmg

If you don't have 4MAB on the mirke then it is 325 and 303

This should help clear up whether your uggy is working

The unresisted range you posted above seems to be in line with most of the time I use QD, but I know there are certainly some situations when I've done less. For example, I soloed Chigre recently and I don't think I got above 302 Ice Shot with Wizard's Roll active.

Perhaps there's day bonus and/or mob element resistance things going on that are tilting my QDs one way or the other. Before I got the Mirke w/ +4 MAB I was able hit high-350s on Jailer of Fortitude on Iceday. I've also got similar #s on Despot as well.

I think I just need to run a control test with and without Uggy equipped against the same mob with as much constant as I can, just to be sure.

By Zelfyn 2010-03-23 15:29:33
Link | Citer | R

You are right, I did leave out (Day/Weather Bonus) which is the last factor mentioned on Wiki in the calculation.

Assuming it works like day/weather bonus of magic nukes:
You get a 10% damage boost 1/3 of the time on the matching day, and a separate 10% boost 1/3 of the time for single weather or 25% if double weather. If you are using a shot weak to the current day or single/double weather then you have 1/3 chance of -10% and -25% damage (separate from resist).

This would put 1/3 of your unresisted ice shots at 358 on iceday with uggy working and no mirke (16MAB), which sounds like what you observed against the Jailer. If you are using wizard's roll or /blm /rdm /blu you will get more MAB and obviously do more damage still.

Ultimately try to use a shot neutral to the day and weather when doing tests to remove that variable. Also testing on low level mobs will help minimize resists. Then you should see pretty consistent results.

Resists occur as strict 1/2 damage, 1/4 damage, 1/8 damage, and 1/16 damage, so even if you are getting a lot of resists you can determine whether different bonuses are triggering like uggalepih's pendant or day bonuses.

I don't know how rare mob magic defenses/weaknesses work with QD - like pudding 25% magic damage increase or shell. If someone knows, please share.
 Ifrit.Phlow
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-03-25 13:52:29
Link | Citer | R

Do you combine windower macros with in-game macros?

ex:
/console exec corqd.txt
/ja "water shot" <t>