Now That I've Migrated To Another Server...

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Now that I've migrated to another server...
Now that I've migrated to another server...
 Bismarck.Gra
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Graham
By Bismarck.Gra 2008-11-26 05:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Relating to this site...as I've moved server now - my old verified character is still active on Bismarck but obviously not on my current server (Ragnarok).

Is there anyway I can unlink the character on Bismarck and link to my new character on Ragnarok so I don't have to 'buy an ice crystal for 746 gil' or do I need to totally forget about the previous character and create a new 'link' via the Linkshell Community site and have that one verified?

Also - I've just done a quick check on the Linkshell Community site and my current LS is not registered there yet. I can't register it as I'm not a sackholder either. If I can't register to an LS on the Community site am I right in thinking I can't link to my profile here?
 Fenrir.Nehallennia
Serveur: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Nehallennia 2008-11-26 06:32:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Go on, be a devil and splash out 746 gil :P I dare ya
 Shiva.Evildemon
Serveur: Shiva
user: Evildemon
By Shiva.Evildemon 2008-11-26 06:38:06
Link | Citer | R

you just need to buy the crystal to verify who you are, if i'm not mistaken.
 Bismarck.Gra
By Bismarck.Gra 2008-11-26 07:43:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to verify my new character later today via the buying a crystal method - that's no problem.

To get things like job levels and progress through missions displayed don't you need to link to your Community Linkshell profile? This is the part I think I'll have problems with as our LS isn't set up on there.
 Shiva.Evildemon
Serveur: Shiva
user: Evildemon
By Shiva.Evildemon 2008-11-26 07:53:17
Link | Citer | R

it shouldn't matter if your linkshell isn't set up on that server, you might just need to adjust settings, maybe
 Bahamut.Demat
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Demat
By Bahamut.Demat 2008-11-26 08:19:12
Link | Citer | R

u need to have a new ls on the new server and registered to the comunity so u can get access to ur char via linkshell community and get a link, thats what i did. doesnt work without a registered linkshell
 Bismarck.Gra
By Bismarck.Gra 2008-11-26 10:57:29
Link | Citer | R

Unfortunately that's pretty much what I thought would be the case - looks like I'll be asking the sackholders to set up the LS on the Community site.

Alternatively - I could always create my own personal LS...that would work I suspect!
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-11-26 23:44:09
Link | Citer | R

Hehe. Welcome to Raggy! (^^)v
 Alexander.Mystic
Serveur: Alexander
user: mystic484
By Alexander.Mystic 2008-11-27 09:19:35
Link | Citer | R

Gra said:
Unfortunately that's pretty much what I thought would be the case - looks like I'll be asking the sackholders to set up the LS on the Community site. Alternatively - I could always create my own personal LS...that would work I suspect!

thats what I did. You can always link your account as a member to the LS should they ever decide to create a profile. Also helpful should the LS decide to break(unaware if Linkshell Community reflects a broken LS) you still have a LS that keeps your profile active
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2008-12-05 22:37:49
Link | Citer | R

I've always heard that it isn't very secure to log in on the linkshell community, so I've just left it alone. Might just be a rumor though, but it's always scared me a little.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-12-06 02:19:11
Link | Citer | R

Nymphadora said:
I've always heard that it isn't very secure to log in on the linkshell community, so I've just left it alone. Might just be a rumor though, but it's always scared me a little.

I remember there was a time when we were warned on FFXIAH.com to update our flash players, since hackers had implemented a "please re-enter your username and password" directly onto the Playonline website, when you logged into either Friend List Plus or Linkshell Community.... There was even a post sometime after from someone who had done just that--logged into the POL website and re-entered his info, only to be hacked the following day.

I'm a bit scared myself to log into that website, too--but not this one. haha XD But I trust Scragg and Jaerik here a lot better since we can actually see them in action, so to speak, and talk to them directly, etc. Props as always to the FFXIAH.com staff!
 Unicorn.Tavlov
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-06 04:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Nymphadora said:

They dont seem to encrypt your data when u log in to begin with either. I've logged in there maybe 4 times. I immediately changed my password in POL afterwards.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-06 04:28:28
Link | Citer | R

Anye said:
I'm a bit scared myself to log into that website, too--but not this one. haha XD But I trust Scragg and Jaerik here a lot better since we can actually see them in action, so to speak, and talk to them directly, etc. Props as always to the FFXIAH.com staff!

/word
 Alexander.Neph
Serveur: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2008-12-06 13:31:23
Link | Citer | R

Really? I don't use the LS community site much anymore, but my main linkshell was pretty into it from the beggining up till around that event where you had to write haikus. I do remember the scare that went around most ffxi related websites, but they made people have different passwords to supposedly beef up security. I still use Playonline Plus regularly.