users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Plastron Augments
Plastron Augments
 Remora.Redherring
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Redherring 2010-03-17 23:40:36
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried augmenting this or seen one that was augmented? What were the results and if yours where did you augment?
 Asura.Arkanethered
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-03-18 10:57:28
Link | Citer | R

Best augment from this item is the one that arrives in your Dbox after you put it on the AH for the next cookie cutter drk to buy... Unless you're wanting a refresh/idle piece with random stats added to it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-03-18 11:00:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arkanethered said:
Best augment from this item is the one that arrives in your Dbox after you put it on the AH for the next cookie cutter drk to buy... Unless you're wanting a refresh/idle piece with random stats added to it.

Next cookie cuter drk? LMAO

That body is not that bad, rather it can be used in other situations besides refresh/idle. Like maybe SATA GS ws. Then there is the case you may not have heca body also...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Calif
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Calif 2010-03-18 11:55:02
Link | Citer | R

The main purpose of plastron/black cuisses is to provide even more fun drk suicide variations.

My personal favourite is getting one-shotted by Throat Stab because the dmg+ gets added AFTER it calcs 99% of your HP, and because it is law that all enemy TP moves must land in the split second you have your WS gear on.

That aside, I don't see how plastron would be "cookie cutter" seeing as it's only a refresh piece, or for single-hit WSs.

It would take an astonishing dex/acc aug to make it comparable even with NQ hauberk for tp, and am I right in thinking that it couldn't get str/att aug because those stats are already present?

Seraph.Dreakon
Serveur: Seraph
user: Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-18 12:03:48
Link | Citer | R

I TP in Hauby and WS in Plastron, but ONLY because I have my MKDE helm with 10 Acc and 15 WS Acc. Before that hat came out, I too was on the lolplatron bandwagon. But if geared correctly, that's an amazing WS piece.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-18 12:19:10
Link | Citer | R

And even then, it's the last swap you'll make (after you have sacrificed acc for offense in pretty much every other slot).
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-03-18 12:29:37
Link | Citer | R

Its a superb piece for SA Spinning Slash.
 Cerberus.Rayik
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-03-30 11:33:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arkanethered said:

Ah, tell us how you really feel? Redherring asked a legitimate question. That response seemed a little uncalled for.

But to answer the OP, I am too much of a chicken to Augment my Plastron. Everything I've augmented has gotten lousy stats, so I'm not in a big hurry to ruin an expensive piece I might need to sell back someday. But that's just me.

As for the lols, I love my Plastron. It's a great WS swap for those of us who don't have all the shiny endgame stuff, and the Refresh is great for idling and soloing weaker mobs.

Also, just for kicks, I swap a suit of Black armor(Plastron, cuisses, gadlings, sollerets, don't have head) right after casting Dread Spikes; the mob will hit for additional damage, hitting the spells cap quicker, and sometimes killing the mob faster. Doesn't add any extra damage to the spell, just more dmg faster. Again, just for kicks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-30 11:46:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Rayik said:
It's a great WS swap for those of us who don't have all the shiny endgame stuff
Haubergeon/Hauberk is endgame? Unless you're using GS, you should be those over Plastron.
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-03-30 12:07:11
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:
It's a great WS swap for those of us who don't have all the shiny endgame stuff
Haubergeon/Hauberk is endgame? Unless you're using GS, you should be those over Plastron.

If I can afford a Plastron, Hauberk isn't out of the question. Against EP, DC mobs my ACC isn't really an issue, so I WS in Plastron. I TP in Hauberk. IF I'm fighting something where ACC is more of a concern, then I WS in the hauberk and just idle in Plastron.
 Bismarck.Dreakon
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-04-08 07:20:17
Link | Citer | R

Learn to calculate your accuracy. That's the biggest thing here. The only thing a Hauby gives you over a Plastron is accuracy. If you need the accuracy, and chances are you do, then its a better piece. But that isn't always the case. If you don't have Homam, or full Scythe merits and you can't cap accuracy with gear alone, and you are stuck eating sushi, chances are your accuracy has hit that over kill zone. IE You need 400~ accuracy to cap on birds. Without food, you are sitting in the 380-385 range. You pop a piece of crab sushi, and suddenly youre sitting on 440 accuracy. At this point, you can totally afford to take off a Hauby, and WS in a Plastron. Or take off a life or potent belt and WS with a warwolf. It really depends on the rest of your gear, merits, or the food you are using, etc. The phrase "***'s situational" gets throw around alot here, but that's because it's true. A Hauby is a great piece for sure, but that doesn't always mean you are going to maximize your potential with it on full time.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-04-08 18:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dreakon said:
Learn to calculate your accuracy. You need 400~ accuracy to cap on birds.

You need 407 accuracy to cap on lv82 greater colibri.

400 = 91%

407 = 95%

[+]
 Bismarck.Dreakon
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-04-08 23:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I knew it was in the low 400's. Hence why I put the ~
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-04-12 06:55:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dreakon said:
Learn to calculate your accuracy. That's the biggest thing here. The only thing a Hauby gives you over a Plastron is accuracy. If you need the accuracy, and chances are you do, then its a better piece. But that isn't always the case. If you don't have Homam, or full Scythe merits and you can't cap accuracy with gear alone, and you are stuck eating sushi, chances are your accuracy has hit that over kill zone. IE You need 400~ accuracy to cap on birds. Without food, you are sitting in the 380-385 range. You pop a piece of crab sushi, and suddenly youre sitting on 440 accuracy. At this point, you can totally afford to take off a Hauby, and WS in a Plastron. Or take off a life or potent belt and WS with a warwolf. It really depends on the rest of your gear, merits, or the food you are using, etc. The phrase "***'s situational" gets throw around alot here, but that's because it's true. A Hauby is a great piece for sure, but that doesn't always mean you are going to maximize your potential with it on full time.

I agree totally. In as much as the Hauby is a very consistent, all around good piece for both tp and ws(for those of us not in endgame), sometimes it's just nicer to have a piece to swap out with that has a little extra "punch" when the ACC conditions are met. It's not something I just throw on and go at it, I always give it a couple fights to see how my ACC is holding up, and if all's well I'll ws in my Plastron a few times. If my Guillotines aren't doing better, I'll stick with my Hauberk for consistency.

Still though, I don't see myself augmenting it any time soon. The AH price has been dropping on it, so maybe if it gets cheap enough I'll give augmenting a try, since I know I won't be getting back what I paid anyway.
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-04-26 02:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Abriel
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-04-27 17:54:24
Link | Citer | R

I'd have to agree with Ark's first post, lulz.