Yovra ("UFO") Organs?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Yovra ("UFO") organs?
Yovra ("UFO") organs?
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 08:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Probably SAM would be a be best (due to the Damager per TP feed), as long as you are confident you could tank it on SAM.
Honestly, between hades sainti, subtle blow, and penance, and the fact that you'll kill it faster w/ mnk (unless you're riding hasso, which is unlikely here), I think you'd get less total tp moves w/ mnk.
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-17 08:50:59
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
But Vag is right, they aren't too hard to take down using a melee DD as your main damage source and tank.
I lol'd

He decided I should be called Argie...

I retaliated.

xD
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
Probably SAM would be a be best (due to the Damager per TP feed), as long as you are confident you could tank it on SAM.
Honestly, between hades sainti, subtle blow, and penance, and the fact that you'll kill it faster w/ mnk (unless you're riding hasso, which is unlikely here), I think you'd get less total tp moves w/ mnk.

Yes MNK would be better than SAM, I was referring to the OP who was talking about SAM or PLD.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 08:51:55
Link | Citer | R

Argie isn't an insult, vag is
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-17 08:54:02
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Argie isn't an insult, vag is

It makes me sound like a 70 year old aunty. But yes vag is a little more offensive, I will leave stop it.
 Bismarck.Stephano
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-17 08:59:05
Link | Citer | R

I guess I'll just have to give it a try, I'll probably be a lot more confident after I experience it. I've heard horror stories from friends, yet the ffxiclopedia makes them seem a lot less of a pain in the ***.

Any idea about how much HP an Om'yovra has? I think the HQ one would be my choice so that we don't get disappointed after the fight. Also, is there any significant difference between fighting the Ul'yovra and Om'yovra? What makes the HQ harder?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-17 09:01:44
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

Personally 9/10 times I'm more worried about the rate of tp moves then the number.

Btw wiki doesn't really specify but the way it words things it makes it sound like penance is seperate from subtle blow...

which would be awesome since mnk would be sitting at 5% away from the cap already if it was actually counted as subtle blow and capping it isn't really too hard for most melee jobs anyways.

As far as which kill faster... idk if your willing to blow your 2hr a sam could make a huge dent with 6 ws right up front. Then again never melee'd them so not sure how much dmg they take. Speaking of which they don't got a huge amount of hp so couldn't like 2-3 sams just zerg it all the way down?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 09:04:12
Link | Citer | R

Yea, it's separate. (penance that is).

As for zerging it down, huge waste. that's 2-3 sams and at least 1 healer and 1 buffer. If everyone needed an organ, you'd get 1 quickly, and then have to get 3-4 more, when you could just go dd/nin and healer buffer and get 3 instead of 4-5 total in less time.

As for the frequency, I've done dozens of them on mnk, honestly never had a prob as is w/ the rate.
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-17 09:04:41
Link | Citer | R

Honestly I thought about doing that. It couldn't be *too* hard. but I think the AoE stun move or charmga could completely ruin it.

Anyways, unfortunately I don't and probably won't have monk leveled for some time, do you think sam would be okay using Hagun, with auspice?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 09:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Well w/ charmga, on Om'Yovra, it literally lasts 5 secs or less 99.9% of the time. Idk about Ul'Yovra, not 100% drop, irrelevant I don't do them.

In that case, the mage simply kites for 5-10 secs and continues to kite till I rebuild hate. Not bad at all. The stun move, well at least w/ mnk HP, has never posed much of a threat. Only one I consider dangerous is V-barrage.

Have never tried on sam, but I don't doubt one could pull it off. Just hate shadow tanking w/o counterstance so I don't.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-17 09:07:41
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
As for zerging it down, huge waste. that's 2-3 sams and at least 1 healer and 1 buffer. If everyone needed an organ, you'd get 1 quickly, and then have to get 3-4 more, when you could just go dd/nin and healer buffer and get 3 instead of 4-5 total in less time.
Oh I meant like just pulling people together to mess around. Or like after some event up there. Hey lets kill this rq before we do next one or go to bed etc.
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-17 09:11:04
Link | Citer | R

Is evasion / parrying reliable or even anything to bat an eye at for fighting these? I know phuabos have pretty bad accuracy, I can solo the very tough ones. I pray yovras aren't extremely accurate themselves.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 09:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Not sure on accuracy, eyeballing on full usu mnk, doesn't miss me much, but they are ridiculously slow, provided you have rdm and brd support (slow II + elegy). Only time counterstance sees any use in that fight is when aoe wipes shadows.
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-17 09:16:48
Link | Citer | R

How about the yovra's evasion itself, will I be needing accuracy food?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 09:19:34
Link | Citer | R

I use pizza as mnk, prob would as sam, too.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-17 09:28:36
Link | Citer | R

When we'd have a nin/drk tank it it would evade reasonably well in the gear he brough to tank omega in... Seeing as omega has rediculous accuracy so he didn't bring much evasion (though he kept a little on extra him usually I think) I'd say it isn't capped accuracy but enough that any job without a decent amount of skill and/or probably wont evade much
 Bismarck.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Bismarck.Azagarth 2010-03-19 12:23:20
Link | Citer | R

the ul ones are a joke i would try that first to get into the groove of them. Then go onto oms.

Sch can solo uls with just helix so if you know one that might be an option, offer them 50k or something lol.

I need 2 ufo organs still myself since lving new jobs. Get a mage 75 and we can duo uls, or if you do rdm we can duo oms easy enough if you run when i get charmed hehe.
 Seraph.Chasuro
Serveur: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-19 13:52:12
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Chasuro
Serveur: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-19 13:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Sindri said:
They do, it's pretty much the same as the teleporter trick where you run on a teleporter to lose hate.
(lolTarus)

Whats wrong with zoning to lose hate?

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I use pizza as mnk, prob would as sam, too.

You use Fried Chicken! What are you talking about?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-19 13:56:14
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
They do, it's pretty much the same as the teleporter trick where you run on a teleporter to lose hate.
(lolTarus)
Whats wrong with zoning to lose hate?

I didn't understand that myself, but Sindri isn't known for being the smartest person on Sylph >_>

Next thing you know, people who die and lose hate will be called out for exploits!
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-19 14:36:04
Link | Citer | R

I use kabobs on yovra as monk, it isnt enough really even with decent acc build. Also one time duo om'yovra with a rdm it stripped me of gear just after ws, so I pressed my tp macro swap back from ws gear and didnt notice no hand2hand was equipped. Its hp didnt go up nor down for like 15mins till I noticed and the fight took like 130shihei no ***. So yeah if u are going monk make sure its decent enough to battle its regen and make sure u got a weapon equipped.

As for blm method, Ive soloed an Ul'yovra before with vile elixir+1, perfect timing, manafont and Iceday but its very hard and isnt worth the waste of gil for a mob that isnt 100% drop. Even of all times ive duoed Ul'yovra without meds as blm with another brd Yakutatzu, RDM Chencui and many others ive helped with ufo organs its just not worth it for me to go blm on Ul ones than it is for me to go mnk for Om ones. Not to say you cant do Om ones with blm setup I just find it harder coordinating more mages for fast kill and youd need 3 members imo. Monk and rdm can just duo Om ones.
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

Ya mnk is best tank and dd for a mob like this low manned imo.
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-19 14:46:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Azagarth said:
the ul ones are a joke i would try that first to get into the groove of them. Then go onto oms.

Sch can solo uls with just helix so if you know one that might be an option, offer them 50k or something lol.

I need 2 ufo organs still myself since lving new jobs. Get a mage 75 and we can duo uls, or if you do rdm we can duo oms easy enough if you run when i get charmed hehe.

Psshhh... do you see the level of my mage jobs? lol
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-19 15:02:39
Link | Citer | R

If you were on Fairy id do it for a few stacks of shihei id need for the fight, someone was shouting last week in whitegate for ufo organ. I asked him which jobs he had, he had RDM I told him if he bought me 2 stack shihei and stack of yellow curry buns id duo Om with him, he declined. I didnt think it was that unreasonable lol.
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-19 22:17:03
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Basilo said:
If you were on Fairy id do it for a few stacks of shihei id need for the fight, someone was shouting last week in whitegate for ufo organ. I asked him which jobs he had, he had RDM I told him if he bought me 2 stack shihei and stack of yellow curry buns id duo Om with him, he declined. I didnt think it was that unreasonable lol.

Wow, that's not even that expensive. I think a week ago that would have maybe costed 18k.
 Bismarck.Aryden
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-03-20 04:11:39
Link | Citer | R

Nin + Rdm + brd. Om's and Ul's both are quite easy. Use pizza +1 and go to town, keep DoTs on to help counter regen, fight on land and pay attention.