Welcome
 Quetzalcoatl.Moshanee
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Moshanee
By Quetzalcoatl.Moshanee 2010-03-09 21:55:06
Link | Citer | R

Hey there Midgardsormr,

Welcome to Quetzalcoatl, or Quetzagard maybe? Quetzal has grown quiet these past few years and I am excited to be able to share a server with a new group of people. I hope that as few people as possible need to change their names and that all those LS leaders out there can get their shells back together without incident. Why SE did stuff this way is beyond me but here we are.

I am glad to see that many of you have already started to introduce yourselves on QCDN.org. I figured that I would come and do the same, offering a welcome.

Chancellor, Kyas, Maken, Zeldageek and I work to lead UmbraPulsum, a general purpose "endgame" shell. I am sort of concerned to know how everything will change with the new content and updates. We are already planning to add what will be the new endgame to the list of things we do but only time will tell us how everything turns out.

I wanted to take a second and try and sell the dynamis scheduling system to all you Dynamis-type people. Maybe we will get really lucky and SE will instance Dyna, but I'm not holding my breath. When we first started doing dynamis, we didn't use the forum and it was a pain: zones were hit or miss and it was a waste of time having to move a whole group of people across Vana'diel to find an open zone. We started to schedule and in 1.5 years of Dynamis, I think we have had one zone conflict (and that was because QCDN wasn't working properly at the time and people couldn't accurately check the availability of zones). Other groups have not been so lucky for sure, but we are very grateful to Morwen and the other QCDN staff that support her in assisting us with Dynamis Scheduling.

I think that you will find the vast majority of Quetzal Dynamis Shells happy and willing to work with you. I believe that even though we will probably double the number of shells on the server that the server's Dynamis zones can still accommodate us all. I know it might seem a little hokey at first to strap yourself to a schedule for a month in advance but it ends up making life so much easier for everyone and eliminates a ton of frustration.

Even if you end up choosing not to use the scheduling forum by activity posting your own schedule, it is a great place to go to see what everyone else is doing and can aid in a hassle-free zone choice.

That's my sell. I'm excited to have you all here and am looking forward to leveling/meriting/dyna/limbus/einherjar/ZNMs/Nyzul and all that good stuff with you...

Because having to:
/sh {Nyzul Isle} 80 5/6 choose any drop. DD {Can I have it?}
more than once is just stupid.

See you on the other side of the Merge,
Moshanee
THF RNG
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Rofien
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: rofien
By Midgardsormr.Rofien 2010-03-09 22:09:52
Link | Citer | R

Thank you =). Merger is gonna be ruff on every shell and there's gonna be a lot of disputes though, only one can hope people get over it quick
 Quetzalcoatl.Moshanee
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Moshanee
By Quetzalcoatl.Moshanee 2010-03-18 16:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Rofien said:
Thank you =). Merger is gonna be ruff on every shell and there's gonna be a lot of disputes though, only one can hope people get over it quick

See this is what I don't really understand. There don't need to be any disputes. Conflicts for zones are unnecessary. It pretty clear that you belong to an HNM shell. Here on Quetz, we have had our share of HNM shells that feel like they are superior to all other shells, and therefor show little to no respect for other shells. I am no stranger to what your post seems to imply, and if what you mean by "get over it quick" actually means "we will disrespect you, and its your job to like it" then I think your stay here on our (read: yours and mine) merged server will be unpleasant.

One aspect Quetzal that I really enjoy is that a good majority of people have a sense of community. We have our share of idiots and drama-llamas to be sure but most people are respectful of one another and that is especially true among the Dynamis shell community.

At any given time there are 10 Dynamis zones that can accommodate 510 people... I can't think of a good reason why we, as a community could not work together to the benefit of all. I suppose if your ego were tied to your ability to openly disregard and disrespect others then I could see how choosing to be considerate of other players might chafe a little. But chin up, there soldier, treating each other as equals is nothing to be ashamed of.

Again, some shells from migard are all for scheduling, some are not. I don't expect everyone or anyone to adopt quetzal's way of doing things on our new joint server. I am just asking that the scheduling be respected. Try it out for a few months and see how you like it.

Maybe it would be cool to do Xarcabard 8 times a month, however, more than just my shell and me are playing this game, which makes me happy to only do Xarc twice a month, so that others can enjoy the game as I do.
 Midgardsormr.Seanr
user: Seanr
By Midgardsormr.Seanr 2010-03-20 02:56:06
Link | Citer | R

No deal! start clearing out of our new home!

:p
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Klutz
user: klutz1
By Midgardsormr.Klutz 2010-03-21 12:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Seanr said:
No deal! start clearing out of our new home!

:p

LOL Sean. Hope the move is as smooth as we all want it to be. I know that I for one have to change the name I've had for 5 years, so not too happy about that. I am looking forward to more people being around to level/merit/nyzul/missions etc. Midgar has been pretty hard to find people to do anything with lately. It will be nice to see some fresh faces. :)