Forum » FFXI » Servers » Remora » REMORA PLAYER WARNING: Merral
REMORA PLAYER WARNING: Merral
 Remora.Pixter
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Pixter
By Remora.Pixter 2010-03-03 13:03:56
Link | Citer | R

He shouts in area that he will sell Sea torques and all Sky drops, you have to trade him (how can it be) beforehand and then you have to go to the destinated zone, and wait there.. and wait.. .and wait... well yeah, you know where that is going to lead.

[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-03-03 13:06:36
Link | Citer | R

heres an idea dont give him your money?
or.....people who need gear work for it?
pretty easy lol...
people who buy gear are just as bad as account buyers imo wouldnt you agree?
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-03 13:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:
pretty easy lol...

I resent this.

Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-03-03 13:10:12
Link | Citer | R

spence go break dance naked and mind ya own business :P
 Remora.Pixter
user: Pixter
By Remora.Pixter 2010-03-03 13:11:59
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:
heres an idea dont give him your money? or.....people who need gear work for it? pretty easy lol... people who buy gear are just as bad as account buyers imo wouldnt you agree?

I agree. and nope didnt give him any gil, saw on my mule the shout, that his ls is atm up in sky fighting kirin, if some1 wants drop pls /tell.

Well I was the only one up in sky soloing augm. NM, checked then the other zone, no1 was there -.-
 Remora.Beltenebros
By Remora.Beltenebros 2010-03-03 13:12:17
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:
pretty easy lol...

I agree with the first part (srsly, kinda your fault if you get burned by this scam) but not the second. So long as the gil is obtained legitimately, I see no problem with merc'ing gear from established LSes. If you farm to earn the gil, I would contend that you put in a comparable amount of effort as someone who came into it by more traditional means.
 Remora.Aneu
user: Luz
By Remora.Aneu 2010-03-03 13:13:01
Link | Citer | R

Some people don't have linkshells for certain events and are not allowed to have another endgame linkshell. Some can make money easily through xNMs (ENM, BCNM, etc) and would rather not commit to another ls. Some don't feel like joining/can't get in an HNM ls for HNM loot.

People have their reasons to buy sometimes, I wouldn't stereotype them as people who are looking for easy gear when some just have better things to do.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-03 13:13:32
Link | Citer | R

Ok, go "earn" your gear Mattyc
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-03-03 13:17:23
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Beltenebros said:
Valefor.Mattyc said:
pretty easy lol...

I agree with the first part (srsly, kinda your fault if you get burned by this scam) but not the second. So long as the gil is obtained legitimately, I see no problem with merc'ing gear from established LSes. If you farm to earn the gil, I would contend that you put in a comparable amount of effort as someone who came into it by more traditional means.

i suppose in a sense but i just dont like the idea of gil buying an item that wouldnt cost u 1 gil if you were in an ls and accomplished a goal in order to obtain the item, to me just sounds like more of a accomplishment.
for instance, i could buy gear but choose not to because it kills the fun if you get it on a "undeserved" scenario.
yes, you worked for the gil to buy it n all i know, it just dont seem right to me is all.
dont need to agree just how i think.
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2010-03-03 13:18:15
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:
pretty easy lol...

Do not give people gil up front for this kind of thing its silly and highly risky. On the other hand I have seen shells do this for all kinds of rare/ex items if it drops the buyer enter party and pays to lot. imo this is no where near gil or account buying if these buyers have made the gil to pay for these items some people do not have the set schedules or the desire to join an endgame shell to get this gear otherwise paying a non-rmt ls that is desiring to do this is completely acceptable.

Edit: Also many times these drops the ls offering to do this their members already have the item and these sales are for the benefit of the members or to fund events.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-03-03 13:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
Ok, go "earn" your gear Mattyc

i do lmao XD, its called no excuses.....
you want certain gear from certain events get in an ls that does it....
i could easily buy gear that i would like but why?
that kills one more thing in the game that you should "work for" XD
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2010-03-03 13:26:40
Link | Citer | R

lol Mattyc the beauty of this game is versatility finding another way to obtain something rather than doing something someone takes no pleasure in is no cheat. Most of these items it takes considerably more "work" to buy than obtain if you joined a shell that dictated your schedule to get for free its a matter of choice not the amount of work put into it.