users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Hades » never changed a name before
never changed a name before
 Hades.Buffy
Serveur: Hades
Game: FFXI
By Hades.Buffy 2010-03-02 06:11:19
Link | Citer | R

so, im going to finally get the opportunity to relieve myself of the annoying "Slayer" comments come this merge. Question is, What is the process of doing this? After merge is done, is there going to be some screen that pops up saying I need to change my name because it is already taken or what?
By Jazmin 2010-03-02 06:18:45
Link | Citer | R

I think when you go to the log in screen with your characters, the ones that need a name change will have yellow names. Then before you can log in, there will be a prompt to change the name. Once you have one that isn't already in use, you can log in.
 Cerberus.Brax
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Brax
By Cerberus.Brax 2010-03-02 06:19:41
Link | Citer | R

I saw a comment somewhere on POL news that if your name is taken, your name will show as yellow on the char selection screen. and you will get some onscreen prompts to change it as you log in (a pop up box will ask you for a new name, if your new name is also taken it will tell you then just as if you tried to roll a new one with same name)

hope it makes it easy for you..

ps. welcome to Cerberus :-)

Brax
BLM/RDM/Clown

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Hades.Buffy
By Hades.Buffy 2010-03-02 07:39:31
Link | Citer | R

Thank you all. Info helped. =)

Hades.Amarys
user: Amarys
By Hades.Amarys 2010-03-02 19:23:40
Link | Citer | R

D= Nooooooooooo! Send me a /tell wen you get on so I know what you change it to! I'm going to be so confused when I see this other Buffy running around! ;.;
 Cerberus.Eanae
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2010-03-02 21:55:12
Link | Citer | R

As long as you're on the same server and have them in friends list, it will show their updated character name. However, their account will still show in your friends list as which ever name they added you from.

Example:
Buffy Newcharactername CurrentZone
Someguy (Some Server Name)
Otherguy Otherguy CurrentZone

Hard to demonstrate the formatting, but hopefully you get the idea.