New Level Cap 99?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » new level cap 99?
new level cap 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 13:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Haste will still be good. Granted you might be able to get more and get to the cap in less slots allowing you to put more acc/str/dex/att in the other slots but the gains from that will be minimal.

Refresh gear will still be pimp unless they give something that gives it in another slot or gives 2 refresh. Alot of the +skill gear will still be good. I mean look at af compared to relic gear. Mostly just side grades or different skills.

Rajas will still be awesome. Ebow probably will too.

And yay for being able to pretty much always /sch on rdm except when /nin needed
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 13:06:04
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Sahagin said:
I wonder if an automaton would Learn ancient magic if a PUP leveled to 99?
Why? T4 spells are better
 Ramuh.Alphir
user: Alphir
By Ramuh.Alphir 2010-02-28 13:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Thank you! Meredoc, I agree. Everyone needs to stop whining and read up on what SE posted. From my experience, SE isn't in the habit of "breaking" things in the game or making it too easy. case in pt PW. If anything they do more gimping than overpowering.

As Meredoc, others and SE have said there will be adjustments so not to let the /job overpower and take away the special abilities of main job. It's an announcement and I don't believe it will break the game. Maybe they will limit the job specific abilities like convert to 1/2 power, or double timer or just make them not avail even after lvling over 75.. we just don't know. Let's just see how it pans out.

Personally, overall I think it is a move in the right direction. With the new mega NMs and expansion areas with tougher mobs it will be refreshing to see what new abilities jobs will have to tear them down in style!
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-02-28 13:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Midgardsormr.Sahagin said:
I wonder if an automaton would Learn ancient magic if a PUP leveled to 99?
Why? T4 spells are better
Maybe, but with 24 more levels it's bound to learn what it considers to be higher than a T4 spell, right?
Maybe they'll add T5!
 Ramuh.Alphir
user: Alphir
By Ramuh.Alphir 2010-02-28 13:13:54
Link | Citer | R

OH my bad, lol. I was up late doing sky and haven't got my bearings right yet. Good pts Mytoy.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-28 13:15:58
Link | Citer | R

how are we pronouncing abyssea?

two words? abyss sea? i personally like uh-biss-see-uh.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-28 13:17:12
Link | Citer | R

i think pup c to a is in anticipation of level cap. if they have a c skill, it will be way too low for pup to hit anything at 99. assuming that skills will continue to have a widening gap as we level-up.

edit: sorry i usually read the thread first, but too many posts.

dasva:'And yay for being able to pretty much always /sch on rdm'

omg i know right. erase from /sch even after the first level cap increase will be sick.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-28 13:19:25
Link | Citer | R

yeah i know right. i'm pretty stoked about all of this. really glad abyssea is going to be low-mannable as well. i can't wrap my head around big number events like dynamis. my ls is still having trouble w/ einherjar.

edit: has anyone done an anticipated exp requirement for Lv99 based on the already established patterns?

also i heard a rumor about two new jobs? berserker and time mage? any verification on that?
 Bismarck.Patrik
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-02-28 13:24:28
Link | Citer | R

haha i loved reading how this thread went from chaos and screaming to everyone being find with it all. but personally i can't wait for all this, looks very fun and interesting >:D
 Siren.Talonn
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-28 13:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
how are we pronouncing abyssea?

two words? abyss sea? i personally like uh-biss-see-uh.
abyss-eee-ahh i believe is how it was said on the live stream
So, ya your basically right w
 Unicorn.Kussese
Serveur: Unicorn
user: kussese
By Unicorn.Kussese 2010-02-28 13:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Exp doesn't re
Seraph.Helixx said:
69-70 32,000 611,350
70-71 34,000 645,350
71-72 36,000 681,350
72-73 38,000 719,350
73-74 40,000 759,350
74-75 42,000 801,350
75-76 44,000 845,350
98->99 88,000 2,645,350

How much exp from 69 to 99?
∫ 30000 2000x dx = 1,800,000 <- if exp increases linearly

So total exp from 0-99 = 2,645,350

fixitfixitfixitfixitfixit
The problem is that the exp required to level doesn't increase linearly. 50-60 it's +1,200 exp per level, 60-70 it's +1,500, and 70-75(80?) it's +2000. I'll speculate that the difference from 80-90 is +3000 and the difference from 90-99 is +4000. To get from 69-99, then, we'd need 2065000 exp (1,843,000 from 75-99 and 2,644,350 from 0-99). That could be painful. At the same point in time, maybe having a job at the level cap would actually MEAN something again.I'm all for that, so long as SE gets rid of this AF burn garbage.
By Andivari 2010-02-28 13:31:03
Link | Citer | R

This is what SE is actually saying... Stop thinking that world-class developers dont know what they are doing for the world's gamers. SE always offers you 2 options: A) deal with the changes they make or B) quit. Take your pick.

Level Cap Considerations
We are aware that players will inevitably feel concern over how in-game elements such as support jobs, experience camps, and merit points will be affected by this change. We would like to take a moment to explain the measures that are in the pipes to preserve game balance.

Support job abilities that are not expected to steal the limelight from main jobs as a result of the level cap increase will be allowed to come into play. Furthermore, there are plans to tweak certain job abilities, job traits, and magic spells on an ongoing basis in order to further accentuate the uniqueness of each job when used in a main role, as well as its versatility when playing a supporting role.

New camping grounds are scheduled to be added to cater to the anticipated rise in demand for experience parties. Furthermore, the redistribution of monsters in existing areas is also under consideration.

An increase in maximum upgrades is being considered for existing merit point skills and attributes. Preparations are also under way for the introduction of a new type of merit point for players who have reached the new level 99 summit.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-28 13:40:18
Link | Citer | R

So let's see, going to take sam dnc mnk drg pup to 99 since I have them 75, but I hear they're increasing combat merits as well. I may just do daggers for dnc, or I may take another DD up to 99
 Fenrir.Magicjunkie
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicjunkie 2010-02-28 13:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Also, the new mobs look cool. :3

the crab and dragon looks freakin awsome o,.,o
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-28 13:42:07
Link | Citer | R

oh i bet you're right, mytoy.

yeah, that's what people are forgetting was mentioned as well andivari. i doubt convert will work the same from SJ, for example. it will probably give half or something.

oh. vegetto didn't know you were a dancer. i myself am just going to keep nin rdm brd. brd first. refresh 2, mage's ballad III. utsusemi:san jubako:ni. too exciting.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-28 13:43:02
Link | Citer | R

magicjunkie: yeah i'm thinking king arthro of the past. looks like it' sin jugner s doesn't it?
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-28 13:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
oh. vegetto didn't know you were a dancer.
Yea it was my 2nd 75, though it doesn't get any use now since it no longer has combat merits.
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-28 13:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Also, the new mobs look cool. :3

That dragon is actually sexy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-02-28 13:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Kussese said:
I'm all for that, so long as SE gets rid of this AF burn garbage.

How about get rid of Level Sync? That seems to be the root of all the anti-AF burn sentiment. Colibri in E Ronfaure [ S ] and Garlaige Citadel Gate Breach parties are just as much "cheating" as AF burn too. You get more exp/hour when you Chigoe burn, so it will get rid of that. I love to SMN burn, it's so much fun. After all, it's only EXP.

What I can gather from all the QQ'ing is that people just don't want to level their jobs and subjobs. It's out of pure laziness. So, should new people just coming into the game get automatic first 75? Why should they have to level their jobs? Throw them into endgame, since that's what most of us are doing anyway.

Gear is gear. If it's fantastic at 75, then it'll be useful at 99. I'm sure that WHM will still use Noble's Tunic at 99 (unless there's a better piece).
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-28 13:48:56
Link | Citer | R

if anyone could break dnc, it would be you man.

yeah, argettio, i'm thinking these are wotg hnms. though the antlion seems odd since i don't recall any antlion in the S zones. that looks like saruta baruta as well.

edit: oh and thanks kusesse for posting the exp info
 Gilgamesh.Areaden
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Areaden
By Gilgamesh.Areaden 2010-02-28 13:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Andivari said:
This is what SE is actually saying... Stop thinking that world-class developers dont know what they are doing for the world's gamers.

As a business owner myself I 100% agree with you. There is no way they are making these changes with out thinking of all of the outcomes. This is still money for them and a lot of it. The have tried new gear, new quests, and new events in the game to breathe life back into the game. Raising the cap may bring people back or make people stay who were thinking of leaving. What they have done is not only good for business but its a rule of life, as things change and you think the same old methods will work you will die out, you need to evolve.

SO I made a choice last night while watching the live feed and yes my wife who is from Japan watched it with me and translated it for me.

I thought about "this makes it a whole new game." then i remembered when i started on NA day 1. Then i was just married, no kids, dead end job, and days of fun on the game. Now i have 4 kids, almost married for 10 years, and own a company so i have tons of free time. But i did the math. 0 to 4 kids and my oldest is now in 1st grade, so if you are 20, its like you being 12 and the same life changing stuff you went though in those years. Ive given time to the game, and in exchange its given me friends and entertainment. It is the best 12.95 i have spent per month EVER!

With all of that being said, I dropped my Maat's cap and my Black belt. 2 items that i worked years for. This insures that i will not be back. It would have broken my heart to see my whole charter go to waste, so you may see me but its someone just pling their party.

The changes may do well for business, but they dont fit what i love about the game, so instead of bitching in forums first i took action, canceled my account and i feel great about it. :D gl everyone, daddy loves you <3
[+]
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-02-28 13:50:00
Link | Citer | R

The first of the three here, have they finally brought Iron Giants into XI?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-28 13:50:51
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Moogleking said:
@dasva. nobody is going to be soloing kirin. they probably going to cap current areas at lvl 75 and only the new area of abyssea will be lvl 76-99. so anything WoTG or prior is going to be cap at 75. if they didnt then every lvl 99 would solo charby and everyone would have a joytoy <.<

if this update makes joytoy complete trash, it won't matter whether you can solo charby or not. It would be like soloing LL for bounding boots
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23