FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 1505 1506 1507
 Lakshmi.Tisiphone
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: tisiphone
By Lakshmi.Tisiphone 2010-03-03 15:20:22
Link | Citer | R

We need more lesbians on Lakshmi :(
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-03-03 15:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Wow, this thread grew like crazy while I was gone. D:

To Ryou: I totally knew about the 同志 thing !! ^^ I live in an international dorm on the Chinese-speaking hall, we always have really interesting conversations at dinner. XD My friend and I love being the only 白人. :3

And, although it's been said over 9000 times already... this thread IS. NOT. A. CLUB. ^^; To respond to Mr. Opinion's words anyway. <_< Maybe we should edit the OP or something.

Nowhere does it say "Must be gay to post." It's unfortunate that the thread comes across as so offensive. It's unfortunate that people can be so poorly equipped to understand each others' words and meanings - and I mean that about both sides of this 'conflict' we have.

In fact, right now I'm in the process of coming out to my family (Southern US ; ;). They aren't the most homophobic people around, but this isn't going to be easy for any of us. So I spend a hell of a lot of my time thinking about how to be considerate. Consideration is important because I really do understand how things like this can be difficult for people to accept; I wouldn't ever want do anything unreasonable and make things worse.

tl;dr version: Those of you who are upset, I'm genuinely sorry. I understand how you feel, I understand if you think we come off a little strong. But what we're doing here is not unreasonable if you really think about it.
 Asura.Shayka
Serveur: Asura
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-03-03 15:27:37
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to point out btw, that I am neither a pet nor a lesbian -.- *curses ebay* D: Now back to your regular scheduled programs.
 Odin.Oldive
Serveur: Odin
user: Oldive
By Odin.Oldive 2010-03-03 15:46:30
Link | Citer | R

I am returned from cleaning.

Well. ... It's cleaner than it was... I guess that's a step.
 Sylph.Sindri
Serveur: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-03 15:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shayka said:
I'd like to point out btw, that I am neither a pet nor a lesbian -.- *curses ebay* D: Now back to your regular scheduled programs.

Wish me luck PL, my pop for Shadows of the Mind :O
 Sylph.Landyr
user: Landyr
By Sylph.Landyr 2010-03-03 16:01:18
Link | Citer | R

To Carrelo: Just wanted to say good luck with the coming out to the family. Might seem silly to say but I know how hard it can be.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-03 16:03:01
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Landyr said:
To Carrelo: Just wanted to say good luck with the coming out to the family. Might seem silly to say but I know how hard it can be.

Aye, no clue how hard it is but good luck.
 Lakshmi.Tisiphone
By Lakshmi.Tisiphone 2010-03-03 16:04:13
Link | Citer | R

You could do what I did, casually let it slip during a game of pool then wave them off for a 3hr drive back to their house (of course they still haven't really spoke to me since then).

But I digress, good luck with it Carrelo, it's probably one of the hardest things to do. ^^
 Asura.Saikotic
user: Saikotic
By Asura.Saikotic 2010-03-03 16:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Best of luck to you Carrelo! We'll hug you if things go either way, anyway :3
 Remora.Oumura
Serveur: Remora
user: Oumura
By Remora.Oumura 2010-03-03 16:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Landyr said:

Same here. It can be very hard coming out, or it can be easy depending on how your family is. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky, but don't let that discourage you. There's not much you can do to change peoples minds. If they don't agree, then they will have to learn to deal with it. If they're OK with it, more power to them.

I wish you luck. If it helps at all, bring a friend when you do...they can be lifesavers. Best of luck to you.
 Bahamut.Ryousuke
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ryousuke
By Bahamut.Ryousuke 2010-03-03 16:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Tisiphone said:
You could do what I did, casually let it slip during a game of pool then wave them off for a 3hr drive back to their house (of course they still haven't really spoke to me since then).

But I digress, good luck with it Carrelo, it's probably one of the hardest things to do. ^^

Ouch >< /comfort Tisiphone

Good luck Carrelo! ; ; If it's any support, we're here as a community behind you. :]

Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-03-03 16:13:01
Link | Citer | R

Heheh thanks guys. XD
Lakshmi.Tisiphone said:

I'm really close with my family, so that's probably not the best fit for me. XD I hope to have it done when I go home for Spring Break next week, but in the meantime /stress /stress /stress. x_x Just filed the paperwork for declaring my majors, only 1 midterm left and I'm done !! :3
 Unicorn.Lefiont
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Lefiont
By Unicorn.Lefiont 2010-03-03 16:15:22
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Liir said:
Unicorn.Lefiont said:
You should totally level PUP! I love it, but just wish i could get a little bit better gear like the new synergy items.
I am leveling PUP!! haha 57 so far =D

That's awesome! If you ever want to duo let me know :)
 Asura.Shayka
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-03-03 16:16:37
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Sindri said:
Asura.Shayka said:

Wish me luck PL, my pop for Shadows of the Mind :O
/sigh GL! ><
 Sylph.Landyr
user: Landyr
By Sylph.Landyr 2010-03-03 16:18:20
Link | Citer | R

paperwork fun fun fun. so what major you declaring?
 Lakshmi.Tisiphone
By Lakshmi.Tisiphone 2010-03-03 16:18:32
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Carrelo said:
Heheh thanks guys. XD
Lakshmi.Tisiphone said:

I'm really close with my family, so that's probably not the best fit for me. XD I hope to have it done when I go home for Spring Break next week, but in the meantime /stress /stress /stress. x_x Just filed the paperwork for declaring my majors, only 1 midterm left and I'm done !! :3

I was really close to my parents as well, but a lot of things happened that drove a wedge between us.
 Odin.Oldive
By Odin.Oldive 2010-03-03 16:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Oh boy. I haven't touched Corsair in a while and now I remember why. Because my HD crashed and writing macros for Corsair is a ***.

But it's done now, so I can do some much needed meriting.
 Odin.Oldive
By Odin.Oldive 2010-03-03 16:20:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Tisiphone said:
Alexander.Carrelo said:
Heheh thanks guys. XD
Lakshmi.Tisiphone said:

I was really close to my parents as well, but a lot of things happened that drove a wedge between us.

I have no idea what it's like stressing over something like that, and I really just wish yall the best of luck. O.o
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-03 16:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Some1 with BLM transfer to fairy or sylph and solo a Yovra for me
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-03-03 16:42:03
Link | Citer | R

Double major in French and in Asian Studies, with a minor in Chinese. Yes, it's a weird combo. No, I don't know what I'm gonna do after I graduate. XD
 Bahamut.Ryousuke
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ryousuke
By Bahamut.Ryousuke 2010-03-03 16:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Carrelo said:
Double major in French and in Asian Studies, with a minor in Chinese. Yes, it's a weird combo. No, I don't know what I'm gonna do after I graduate. XD

That's really interesting :o So many languages, that's brilliant lol :D And I'm sure something will work out afterwards lol
 Odin.Oldive
By Odin.Oldive 2010-03-03 17:02:31
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Carrelo said:

Graduating college with any degree is better than not doing so. So hey don't worry too much about the future just yet. Unless you're like me and graduating this semester. O.o
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-03-03 17:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ryousuke said:
That's really interesting :o So many languages, that's brilliant lol :D And I'm sure something will work out afterwards lol

I'm hopin'~
Odin.Oldive said:
Graduating college with any degree is better than not doing so. So hey don't worry too much about the future just yet. Unless you're like me and graduating this semester. O.o

Oooh grats. :D
 Midgardsormr.Joshmizuno
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Joshmizuno 2010-03-03 17:11:18
Link | Citer | R

@_@ I come back to like 5 more pages! :O Well anyways I think for the people whining about this being a 'club' ( though it was stated many times before that it was not) and we are not attention seeking either. I think some people need to re-evaluate the situation and think if you were in our shoes, I find support in knowing that there is other Gaymers out there who play this, obviously no one wants to feel alone and I think it's very reassuring that we have a place to talk about stuff with total comfort in a supportive enviorment. ^^

Anyways, I am very interested in coming to Slyph/Fairy if the merge with Quezecotal dosent work, however.. do you think we will have to wait 3 months to transfer if we don't like the server we merge to?
[+]
 Fairy.Evanthegai
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Evanthegai 2010-03-03 17:23:51
Link | Citer | R

SOOO no way am i gonna try to read all those pages... but /wave
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-03-03 17:25:26
Link | Citer | R

lolol yea lotsa posts. XD wb^^
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-03-03 17:26:17
Link | Citer | R

Good luck Carr, hope everything goes well~
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-03-03 17:27:47
Link | Citer | R

^^b Thanks. Didn't mean to derail thread btw. >_>;
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-03-03 17:28:36
Link | Citer | R

Just to add: 同志 means "comrade" in Japanese as well, although it's more commonly used to mean something akin to "like-minded."
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-03-03 17:30:44
Link | Citer | R

Oh man, I remember coming out to my family. I told my mom when I was in 7th grade, then she ran off and told my dad. -_-
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 1505 1506 1507