Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Unicorn » Hi, new to FFXI
Hi, new to FFXI
First Page 2
By Meliana 2010-02-22 11:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Hi, I'm Meliana and I recently just started playing FFXI. I don't really have any friends that play and so I don't know anyone in the game but I am hoping to make some friends. Due to a hectic work schedule I am not on alot, but when I am on I try to have fun. I'm not really sure what needs to be done in the game, but I have been learning as I go along. If there is a group that I can join that helps out new players I would love to join. I am right a level 10 Black Mage in the Federation of Windurst. I hope to meet some new people and make some new friends.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-22 11:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Meliana said:
Hi, I'm Meliana and I recently just started playing FFXI. I don't really have any friends that play and so I don't know anyone in the game but I am hoping to make some friends. Due to a hectic work schedule I am not on alot, but when I am on I try to have fun. I'm not really sure what needs to be done in the game, but I have been learning as I go along. If there is a group that I can join that helps out new players I would love to join. I am right a level 10 Black Mage in the Federation of Windurst. I hope to meet some new people and make some new friends.
Welcome to Vana'diel :) Which server do you play on?
[+]
 Shiva.Drteeth
Serveur: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-22 11:19:52
Link | Citer | R

Welcome to FFXI! Although I'm on a different server than you, I hope your stay is long and fruitful~
[+]
 Shiva.Drteeth
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-22 11:20:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said:
Meliana said:
Welcome to Vana'diel :) Which server do you play on?

Unicorn forums~
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-22 11:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Drteeth said:
Unicorn forums~
Good call, I always forget to check that.
 Unicorn.Ixn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: unknown
By Unicorn.Ixn 2010-02-22 12:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Welcome now where's everyone else from unicorn? :O
probably hiding again......................................................................................................yar............ then again i did that yesterday too.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-22 12:52:01
Link | Citer | R

After a year of this you'll want to quit. FFXI is full of trash talking epeeners who constantly compare rl to the game and vice versa to some how bring harmony to their stressed and confusing lives. I'm not trying to be a *** and thats awesome you started to play. I just hope you make the best of this game while you can. Keep it simple, have fun above all else and avoid endgame shells run by 13 year old kids begrudging that last *** beating they got on the school bus home and you'll do just fine ^^

also to save from being blacklisted often refrain from the following:

Don't shout convos in jeuno or whitegate unless your okay with people hating you lol.

Don't say WoW is a good game.

/end comment
 Lakshmi.Holman
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-22 12:56:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
After a year of this you'll want to quit. FFXI is full of trash talking epeeners who constantly compare rl to the game and vice versa to some how bring harmony to their stressed and confusing lives. I'm not trying to be a *** and thats awesome you started to play. I just hope you make the best of this game while you can. Keep it simple, have fun above all else and avoid endgame shells run by 13 year old kids begrudging that last *** beating they got on the school bus home and you'll do just fine ^^ also to save from being blacklisted often refrain from the following: Don't shout convos in jeuno or whitegate unless your okay with people hating you lol. Don't say WoW is a good game. /end comment
And yet you still post on ffxi forums.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-22 13:01:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
After a year of this you'll want to quit. FFXI is full of trash talking epeeners who constantly compare rl to the game and vice versa to some how bring harmony to their stressed and confusing lives. I'm not trying to be a *** and thats awesome you started to play. I just hope you make the best of this game while you can. Keep it simple, have fun above all else and avoid endgame shells run by 13 year old kids begrudging that last *** beating they got on the school bus home and you'll do just fine ^^

also to save from being blacklisted often refrain from the following:

Don't shout convos in jeuno or whitegate unless your okay with people hating you lol.

Don't say WoW is a good game.

/end comment
Every game has those people. WoW has them. Aion has them. Hell IC has them (if anyone knows what IC is, I will be 100% shocked).

Just play the game to have fun, that's what it's meant to be. Don't worry about being the best of the best, just do what you enjoy.
By Meliana 2010-02-22 13:06:16
Link | Citer | R

I really haven't talked to anyone since I started, every person I have seen doesn't speak english and I have no one to talk while fighting so its kind of lonely.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-22 13:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Meliana said:
I really haven't talked to anyone since I started, every person I have seen doesn't speak english and I have no one to talk while fighting so its kind of lonely.
Some servers are like that. One thing I like about Asura is that it's majority english speaking players (probably contributes to why it's known as the drama server, but eh). I know on Carbuncle, most people spoke Japanese only, so it was rather lonely at times. Just find a social linkshell and make some friends :)
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 13:12:41
Link | Citer | R

Meliana said:

As there are no regional servers you will find the dominant language of any server changes through out the day, early in day (GMT) is mainly JP players, and as the day goes on more EU and NA players log in

[+]
 Pandemonium.Unlikelyhero
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: poopzilla
By Pandemonium.Unlikelyhero 2010-02-22 13:16:46
Link | Citer | R

Meliana said:

From the name it sounds like you have a female character. You say that you're lonely? Don't worry, they'll come.
 Fairy.Basilo
Serveur: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-22 13:25:55
Link | Citer | R

Things to do:

- Get tele-mea, tele-dem and tele-holla gate crystals.
- Try get rank 5 for airship access before travelling to Jueno and setting HP there for 1st time.
- If you want XP as mage jobs past lvl10 best to LFP in Valkurm Dunes, when youre lvling there remember to ask the party you have joined to allow you to lot sj quest items.
- Once you have airship access and have set hp to Jueno, your blm having warp is a bonus, buy scrolls from Port Windy and sell them at Jueno auction house for more than at NPC. If you arent online too much like a few rl friends i had playing this then this is a nice way to get 3-10k for 7scrolls that will usually sell over 3-4days.
- Buy items from AH that sell for more at NPC, really if you can only managed to log on say 5mins a day and main playtime is at weekend you can make yourself 5-30k in 5mins buying from AH and selling for more at NPC, use this site for help on what stuff sells for more.

Besides all this which is basic ***i advised to rl friends who started finally one thing id say is dont "rush" the game, lvling i mean really. Try not to be gimp very easy to make the 10-15k for a useful equip piece in 5mins by using the AH. Be proud of the job youre leveling and the gear youve managed to get it.

Also sorry 1 very last thing, I really wouldnt advise blm as a 1st job ;; . I love the job myself it was my 1st job also but even in 2004 fresh blm 1st job will lfp 6hours+ unless you are ready for a long solo grind id suggest either pld >> brd >> rdm for speed of invites.

<3 when new players join and hope many more still do lol.
[+]
 Garuda.Mameshiba
Serveur: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-22 13:27:12
Link | Citer | R

Meliana said:
Hello and welcome to FFXI, nice to meet you~
Just want to give you an friendly advice, as I noticed that a lot of new players of FFXI aren't really realizing that this game is about team play and team work~

So yes, this game is very party friendly. The Social aspect of FFXI is a very important thing~
Basically it all comes down to be "nice to others, so others will be nice to you" and so on.

There isn't much solo content in this game, and the fact that you might need 5+ ppl to help you get through some of the challenges of FFXI, might turn you off at first. But by all means don't give up! This game is really awesome if you insist it a little bit. There are big rewards and joyful moments ahead of you, as long as you don't give up ;3

Best of luck for you~
[+]
 Remora.Mataniah
Serveur: Remora
user: Mataniah
By Remora.Mataniah 2010-02-22 13:35:23
Link | Citer | R

move to remora!
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2010-02-22 13:40:21
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Basilo said:
Also sorry 1 very last thing, I really wouldnt advise blm as a 1st job ;; . I love the job myself it was my 1st job also but even in 2004 fresh blm 1st job will lfp 6hours unless you are ready for a long solo grind id suggest either pld >> brd >> rdm for speed of invites.
This ^^

And /welcome. Hope you enjoy the game as much as the rest of us!
 Fairy.Staley
user: Staleyx
By Fairy.Staley 2010-02-22 13:46:57
Link | Citer | R

Solo'd my blm to 68 and it was the fastest and easiest of my maat job's to do. Can find nice guides on wiki.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-22 13:50:13
Link | Citer | R

/welcome /welcome /welcome!

Enjoy the game! It is a game, after all. Don't bog yourself down with all the things people say you have to get done. Enjoy your freetime. Don't just level a job so you can finish it and level another job. Use your job to have fun and help your friends. Any job is useful in a million things before it hits 75.

If you don't have a linkshell yet, feel free to post on the forums with questions or smalltalk. There are a lot of Debbie Downers around these forums but in general people enjoy helping others out. Good luck!
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-22 13:53:39
Link | Citer | R

/Welcome!

Didn't know there was new ppl to this game anymore :(
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-22 13:55:15
Link | Citer | R

Lately (on Carby anyway) we've had a huge surge of new people. Everytime I level in lowbie areas there are usually one or two people in my party that have only been playing for a few weeks. Strange :O
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-22 14:13:57
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
/welcome /welcome /welcome! Enjoy the game! It is a game, after all. Don't bog yourself down with all the things people say you have to get done. Enjoy your freetime. Don't just level a job so you can finish it and level another job. Use your job to have fun and help your friends. Any job is useful in a million things before it hits 75. If you don't have a linkshell yet, feel free to post on the forums with questions or smalltalk. There are a lot of Debbie Downers around these forums but in general people enjoy helping others out. Good luck!

Ya this is true dont get bogged down with the crap i listed that you should get done just bare it in mind. Using the auction house and selling to NPC to make more gil is one thing I cant stress enough tho to make 10k+ in 5mins daily even if this is all the time you have online during the week till the weekends.
 Pandemonium.Wickster
user: Wickster
By Pandemonium.Wickster 2010-02-22 14:32:33
Link | Citer | R

Pandy is filling up too! 2.5k peeps on this past weekend! I was like lol....... wait......wut!?!?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-22 14:34:57
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
Lately (on Carby anyway) we've had a huge surge of new people. Everytime I level in lowbie areas there are usually one or two people in my party that have only been playing for a few weeks. Strange :O

We have new ppl on carby? They're hiding from me D:
By ararita 2010-02-22 15:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Welcome! Play your game your way and yes there are moaners and whiners and ppl who cant seem to seperate ing from rl and u will meet some cool ppl and have a great time and challenges in compared to other mmorpgs offered these days..I know as I have "been around the block" (in mmorpgs definitely).
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-22 19:24:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Holman said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
After a year of this you'll want to quit. FFXI is full of trash talking epeeners who constantly compare rl to the game and vice versa to some how bring harmony to their stressed and confusing lives. I'm not trying to be a *** and thats awesome you started to play. I just hope you make the best of this game while you can. Keep it simple, have fun above all else and avoid endgame shells run by 13 year old kids begrudging that last *** beating they got on the school bus home and you'll do just fine ^^ also to save from being blacklisted often refrain from the following: Don't shout convos in jeuno or whitegate unless your okay with people hating you lol. Don't say WoW is a good game. /end comment
And yet you still post on ffxi forums.

Obviously. I have friends from different servers I met on here. Just because I quit a game doesn't mean I can't post here anymore. I use this as a social networking site because its by far better then lolspace and ***. Now sit your five dollar *** down.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-22 19:44:26
Link | Citer | R

/welcome! Don't worry about people like Kaoishin, their on every game just ignore ^^

Have fun, that's the point of FFXI, experiment in new ways, try new things just enjoy yourself!

Unicorn.Nymphadora
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-22 20:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Welcome! Not a black mage but I am on Unicorn, so if you see me on at the same time you're on, feel free to say hi. I'm usually around in the evenings est. ^^
 Fenrir.Tiaraa
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tiaraa
By Fenrir.Tiaraa 2010-02-23 02:08:16
Link | Citer | R

off topic..
here on Fenrir, we get a lot of new players joining, but they never seem to stay around after their free trial x.x
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-23 02:36:37
Link | Citer | R

RON BURGUNDY!
First Page 2