Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 10:02:50
Link | Citer | R

god i wish quoting worked properly.
Zanno said:
Work on getting Raja's and Byakko, Walmart Turban, Hauby, forager, Rose Strap (if you want 6 hit and maintain 20% haste), Brutal and maybe Bushi.

meh, this is my TP set on SAM, by all means not the best, but its ok. I still need to make a few upgrades myself really.
Argettio said:
If you are going to ask for advice then don't get offended when some one give you some.

Domaru is a horrible TP piece in every aspect and no SAM who cares about his job should wear one (during TP). Hauby is cheaper (on my server) and better.

The reason people brought up the body piece is because a SAMs TP build isn't like other jobs. What you wear in the hand slot depends on what you have in your; Body, legs, rings, feet and earrings.

The aim is to reach enough sTP to reach a 6hit build while sacrificing the least haste/accuracy/attack. Assuming you have 0 sTP merits (based on your profile) you need 21 sTP from gear to make a 6hit...

That's incredibly hard with the gear you have available to you (no rajas, brutal, Usukane), so I would strongly suggest you get capped sTP merits before anything else.

As a 6hit is (currently) out of reach I would suggest you ignore sTP gear and accept a 7hit build, which you get from the traits alone.

You need to learn a lot about this game.
Darkanaseur said:
Are you asking if a 6 hit with your gear is worth it? It would be a lot easier for you to finish the merits before trying it, but you need +17 STP to get 6hit with a Hagun, you'd only need +13 if you finish merits.

Hachiman hands 8, Hachi feet 5, Rose strap 3, Chivalrous chain 1, and get a haub. Though to be honest you'd end up dropping a ton of haste slots for STP which I dont think is worth it.

Just lose the Domaru at any rate.

Edit: And yes, if you aren't trying for a 6Hit build (which is difficult with what you have) then use Dusk over Hachi.
Kireime said:
First of all, on stuff that matters, def means pratically nothing, and equally so for evasion (except for nins and thfs I guess).

Secondly, I'm sorry, but based on your gear I find this hard, if not impossible, to believe. I realize you're relatively new to the game, but let's be honest: compared to almost all the other sams out there, your gear isn't that great; you're what most people would call an "AH Sam". Your tanks must be below lvl 75 and have zero support to not hold hate against you. So listen to everyone's advice and get a Huaby.

Now for useful help:
*You can do Tier 1 Chigre ZNM for a free +5acc ring.
*Sell that Tiphia Sting and use the gil to buy Spectacles&Lightning Bow(+1) for a net gain of 6-7acc.
*If you own A Shantotto Ascension, get the 3%haste 7acc legs until you can get some Byakko pants.
*Walahra Turban and dusk gloves
*If you max STP merits, you can use Shinimusha Haidate+Rose Strap+Echporia ring for a 6hit
Hitetsu said:

Using this gearset for TP, you would get +22 STP. Most of that you can safely swap out for WS Gear aswell. The only "major" difference is the att+10 from Hauby, which isn't a "make or break" bit, but nice to have.

This gearset for WS would also net about +22 STP. Meaning you could swap between the pair and keep a 6-hit build.

Just another couple of ideas for you.

EDIT: I assumed that the augments of choice would be Accuracy+10, Store TP+4 on the Nuevo Coselete. If I assumed wrong, I would recommend those 2 Augments >.>

Are you saying that none of the above quotes would improve your SAM? That none of this is helpfull? That we are all haters and no one is tryig to nicely point out how you can improve your SAM without too much hassle?

If that's so, then just please go and die, or learn the difference between ppl trying to help and ppl just trolling you.
 Bismarck.Dalimar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: bond00745
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-29 11:01:06
Link | Citer | R

First of all, i never said "All" of the people on this post was bein a hater, only a few where using disparaging comments. And the reason i asked about the gloves and not body peice is the style i play. The whole body peice argument that was being used was based on the assumption that i do merit/xp parties. Obviously my gear was scrutinized yet 2 peices where failed to be observed, Bull neck and rose strap. so if an assumption was then to be further made off of gear alone, it would be right to assume that i campaign/solo most often, and "normal sam" gear such as hauby is NOT optimal for keeping the damage down. That being said, with rose strap picking up the slack from my Walmart gear, i wanted to know if DUSK GLOVES would be better. i know hauby would be better for normal play style and i would love to do expansions for gear, but like i said, trying to do the best with what i have available for my play style, i really was just hoping for a yes or no lol. sorry for being a noob lmao. O.~
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-29 11:03:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
hauby sucks, no tank ive found can keep hate enough to keep me from dying because of haubys sh*&^ty def and evasion.
Was about to make a useful, helpful post, until I saw this. Quit sam
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-29 11:03:37
Link | Citer | R

Well,

When I clicked your profile, you had no neck piece, no strap/grip and no waist piece.

Hence the reason most people probably picked up on your gear and "didn't take them into account".

If you can't get +13 STP on TP/WS (without Hands), then use Dusk. Otherwise, use Hachi Kote's.

EDIT: Back piece should've been Waist piece!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-29 11:04:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-29 11:06:35
Link | Citer | R

lol i glitched the board. Everyone else seeing his post at the bottom of all my haubies?
 Siren.Kuz
Serveur: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-01-29 11:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
hauby sucks, no tank ive found can keep hate enough to keep me from dying because of haubys sh*&^ty def and evasion.
Bismarck.Dalimar said:
First of all, i never said "All" of the people on this post was bein a hater, only a few where using disparaging comments. And the reason i asked about the gloves and not body peice is the style i play. The whole body peice argument that was being used was based on the assumption that i do merit/xp parties. Obviously my gear was scrutinized yet 2 peices where failed to be observed, Bull neck and rose strap. so if an assumption was then to be further made off of gear alone, it would be right to assume that i campaign/solo most often, and "normal sam" gear such as hauby is NOT optimal for keeping the damage down. That being said, with rose strap picking up the slack from my Walmart gear, i wanted to know if DUSK GLOVES would be better. i know hauby would be better for normal play style and i would love to do expansions for gear, but like i said, trying to do the best with what i have available for my play style, i really was just hoping for a yes or no lol. sorry for being a noob lmao. O.~

Make up your mind

EDIT: Fixed to full HUGE quote Train upon request by OP

[+]
 Bismarck.Dalimar
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-29 11:18:05
Link | Citer | R

yeah I said that, but why dont you finish the quotes before you try to make me look bad. As for those that helped me, I thank you.

/endthread
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-01-29 11:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Ask and you shall receive (Look up)

Question for you now: what EXACTLY is your Play Style...
IF its Merit Parties (which i don't think it is) There wouldn't be a Tank involved (as was stated in this thread already)
If its campaign/solo only... AGAIN... no tank involved

Which... is the theme of your "Hauby Sucks" Declaration regarding Tanks holding hate VS your SAM.

So what exactly is your Play Style... and what do you use your SAM for...
Bismarck.Dalimar said:
yeah I said that, but why don't you finish the quotes before you try to make me look bad. As for those that helped me, I thank you.

My Quotes aren't making you look bad... your Domaru is doing that for you without anyone's assistance.

[+]
 Bismarck.Dalimar
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-29 11:49:24
Link | Citer | R

lol ok then. =)
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-01-29 11:51:46
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
lol ok then. =)

That's your Play Style? lol ok then?

Cool. Keep rockin the Domaru then...cause you're doing great.
Glad we could help.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dalimar
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-29 11:54:03
Link | Citer | R

me too. O.~
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-29 11:55:13
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Argettio said:
Bismarck.Dalimar said:
lol ok, next please, and stick too the subject

If you are going to ask for advice then don't get offended when some one give you some.

Domaru is a horrible TP piece in every aspect and no SAM who cares about his job should wear one (during TP). Hauby is cheaper (on my server) and better.

The reason people brought up the body piece is because a SAMs TP build isn't like other jobs. What you wear in the hand slot depends on what you have in your; Body, legs, rings, feet and earrings.

The aim is to reach enough sTP to reach a 6hit build while sacrificing the least haste/accuracy/attack. Assuming you have 0 sTP merits (based on your profile) you need 21 sTP from gear to make a 6hit...

That's incredibly hard with the gear you have available to you (no rajas, brutal, Usukane), so I would strongly suggest you get capped sTP merits before anything else.

As a 6hit is (currently) out of reach I would suggest you ignore sTP gear and accept a 7hit build, which you get from the traits alone.

You need to learn a lot about this game.

I answered the OP's question within an hour of them posting.

If you insist on wearing the other stuff you have, then Dusk is the 'best' answer...

The only 'right' answer is to completely rebuild your sets, but for some reason you are unwilling to accept advice on SAM as a whole despite insisting that your are trying your best (as your best would involve a Hauby etc)

I haven't been nasty and I have offered reason to my statements, so I am not sure why you are calling me a hater...

Some times I genuinely wonder why I bother posting here... Every post about gear seems to end in the same argument, where I am an ***/Hater/Elitist just because I offer advice (when the OP requests it).
 Bismarck.Dalimar
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-29 12:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Argettio, dont group yourself with "Haters" your post is one of the ones that actually helps. Never pointed you out as one of the haters. keep posting, obviously you like to help and thats a good trait.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-29 12:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
Argettio, dont group yourself with "Haters" your post is one of the ones that actually helps. Never pointed you out as one of the haters. keep posting, obviously you like to help and thats a good trait.

Its not particularly aimed at you (although I do thing you are being a stubborn *** about the whole Hauby thing) its the forums mentality.

For some reason unknown to me; a larger proportion of the members of this forum (and this does include you) frown upon maths based answers to questions about gear and make the argument that their opinion is right despite massive amounts of evidence to the contrary.

And any one who supports gear choices based on maths are, for some inexplicable reason, an elitist *** hole.

At the end of the day, this game is a big bunch of equations hidden behind a rather dated 3D model...
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-29 12:19:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dalimar said:

How about you stop calling everyone who's *** RIGHT a hater. Stop being such an ignorant ***, buy a haubergeon, and listen when you're given advice you gimp son of a ***. Learn how to play the game, and stop whining when you ask people to help you. If you don't like the advice, don't ask. It was you who asked us to help, and now you don't like the answer. I say: Tough ***. Don't like it? Leave.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-01-29 12:41:22
Link | Citer | R

TP-GK (20% haste/6hit)

Y/G

K

Rana
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-29 13:56:21
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
you make good points Helder, and my intent was to listen to people who have more time spent on Samurai, but I feel like my origional question about gloves was ignored right of the bat, then it quickly de-evoled into how stupid i am because i have a personal opinion about hauby. Thats the whole problem with society, too many people think that if you dont do what they do you are stupid. I personally dont like being a sheep. I pay my fee for this game TO HAVE A GOOD TIME, and yes, i could just do what everyone says sam must do, but then why even fricken play? why is it soooo wrong for people to try and experience things for themselves? I tell my kids not to touch the stove because its hot, but gauran-damn-teed they will anyway, but at least then they know what i mean, and guess what, THEY LEARN.. so i guess then i will just do what I want when i play the game i pay for, and not bother anyone again with a stupid gear question. Thanks.

I don't get this at all.

One minute you are all about maximising your job within the constraints you have

The next 'leave me a lone and let me play based on my opinion'

Which is it?

If its the former then listen to us, if its the latter then you didn't need this thread at all as you knew you weren't going to listen to anyone else's view
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-29 13:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
you make good points Helder, and my intent was to listen to people who have more time spent on Samurai, but I feel like my origional question about gloves was ignored right of the bat, then it quickly de-evoled into how stupid i am because i have a personal opinion about hauby. Thats the whole problem with society, too many people think that if you dont do what they do you are stupid. I personally dont like being a sheep. I pay my fee for this game TO HAVE A GOOD TIME, and yes, i could just do what everyone says sam must do, but then why even fricken play? why is it soooo wrong for people to try and experience things for themselves? I tell my kids not to touch the stove because its hot, but gauran-damn-teed they will anyway, but at least then they know what i mean, and guess what, THEY LEARN.. so i guess then i will just do what I want when i play the game i pay for, and not bother anyone again with a stupid gear question. Thanks.

If you want a good time, good for you and go have one. Absolutely nobody would've belittled your choices if you didn't draw attention to yourself by asking for advice. Why would you ask for advice from peers if you actually don't care? Seems to me like all you wanted was a confrontation.
 Bismarck.Dalimar
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-29 14:07:08
Link | Citer | R

HOW MUCH MORE SIMPLE DO I HAVE TO MAKE IT I ASKED ABOUT GLOVES! THATS IT! NOT BODY PIECE OR FAVORITE FOOD OR PARTY SET UP! WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE! I CAN CARE LESS FOR CONFRONTATION. WTF DO GLOVES HAVE TO DO WITH BODY PEICE? SAMURAI DOESNT WEAR A BODY FOR HASTE! I WAS ASKING ABOUT GLOVES FOR HASTE! NOT TO BE MEAN, BUT TRY GOING BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN TO READ SO YOU CAN FRICKING UNDERSTAND A QUESTION IF ITS ASKED! DO I NEED TO ELABORATE MORE OR DO YOU GET IT NOW?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-29 14:07:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
HOW MUCH MORE SIMPLE DO I HAVE TO MAKE IT I ASKED ABOUT GLOVES! THATS IT! NOT BODY PIECE OR FAVORITE FOOD OR PARTY SET UP! WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE! I CAN CARE LESS FOR CONFRONTATION. WTF DO GLOVES HAVE TO DO WITH BODY PEICE? SAMURAI DOESNT WEAR A BODY FOR HASTE! I WAS ASKING ABOUT GLOVES FOR HASTE! NOT TO BE MEAN, BUT TRY GOING BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN TO READ SO YOU CAN FRICKING UNDERSTAND A QUESTION IF ITS ASKED! DO I NEED TO ELABORATE MORE OR DO YOU GET IT NOW?

Grow up, you are pathetic.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-29 14:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
[+]