Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-01-23 08:59:00
Link | Citer | R

The following types of advertisements are not allowed on FFXIAH.com:

* Popup, Popunder, Interstitial, 'Alert' Boxes, or any ad that redirects the user without clicking the ad.
* Flashing, Jiggling, or otherwise seizure-inducing ads.
* Ads that play sound on a page-load.
* Any ad banner that asks you to download or install something. FFXIAH.com will never ask you to install something
* 'Adult' content.
* Any ad that uses ActiveX.

FFXIAH.com is a member of several advertising networks and each give the ability to block specific ad types. There is a possibility that a bad ad will slip through by disguising itself or by simple human error. In order to catch these ads and remove them from the site, we need the help of our users--since some ads only show in some countries, often we cannot see the offending ads on our own computers, and rely on user submissions to tell us when an ad has slipped through.

If you see such an ad on FFXIAH.com here is what we need to get it fixed:

* Take a screenshot of the ad and send it to ffxiah@gmail.com
* Let us know your location, since different ad networks will service different areas.
* Tell us the URL the ad is serving from. Post the link into the email.

For non-flash ads, all this takes is right-clicking the ad, selecting 'Copy Link Location', and pasting the URL into the email.

For Flash ads, this is a little more difficult. With Firefox, you can do this by going into Tools > Page Info, then clicking the 'Media' tab. Look for anything that says 'Embed' on the right (those are the Flash files), and right click on the URL and select 'copy'.

Sometimes the ad can disguise itself by rewriting the HTML or through a quick redirect. Making the ad invisible and no way to report it using the above methods. We will need the more web savvy users to help with these. You will need something that will show the generated html source. The web developer toolbar addon for Firefox can do it. After installation, click 'Source'->'View Generated Source' from the toolbar. Copy the entire contents and place in the email.

Even if you were unable to supply some of the above information, please email me anyways and address your concerns.

Please do NOT post ad reports on the forums. I won't get to them as quickly, and on the off-chance you're reporting an ad with spyware in it, I don't want it linked all over the forums.

Any reporting will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

webmaster@ffxiah.com
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1046 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Shortnfat
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Shortnfat 2010-12-03 22:07:53
Link | Citer | R

I think it's cute that I write to ffxiah@gmail.com about an issue and am suddenly receiving RMT advertisements at that address. Abusing someone's email address by selling it to a third party is considered illegal as outlined by the FCC in the "Can Spam Act" of 2003 Rev. 2008.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-12-03 22:09:57
Link | Citer | R

You're getting spam e-mails from ffxiah@gmail.com now?
[+]
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-12-03 22:14:38
Link | Citer | R

There's lots of various tools to forge one's sending address. I get spam email that supposedly comes from myself all the time.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-12-03 22:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Lazuras said:
There's lots of various tools to forge one's sending address. I get spam email that supposedly comes from myself all the time.

Same here. My dad's address comes up a lot on spam ***, too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-12-03 22:39:46
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Shortnfat said:
I think it's cute that I write to ffxiah@gmail.com about an issue and am suddenly receiving RMT advertisements at that address. Abusing someone's email address by selling it to a third party is considered illegal as outlined by the FCC in the "Can Spam Act" of 2003 Rev. 2008.

I'm not sure why it was necessary to imply we are selling email addresses. An email address can be easily spoofed. Forward the email to me and I will check out the headers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 23:09:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Scragg said:
Valefor.Shortnfat said:

I'm not sure why it was necessary to imply we are selling email addresses. An email address can be easily spoofed. Forward the email to me and I will check out the headers.
I would question what other things the email was entered into.
[+]
 Valefor.Shortnfat
By Valefor.Shortnfat 2010-12-04 16:49:48
Link | Citer | R

Your lack of understanding pertaining to the English language is staggering.

I said "...at that address..." meaning MY address was receiving the RMT adverts. If I was receiving those adverts FROM ffxiah, I'd have said they were "FROM" ffxiah. Since I don't condone RMT in any way, I'm not gonna bother posting the URL of the site which would be the same as advertising for them. As far as sorting out "this and that" - I simply sent in every scrap of "this and that" to the FCC.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-04 16:55:01
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Shortnfat said:

I said "...at that address..." meaning MY address was receiving the RMT adverts. If I was receiving those adverts FROM ffxiah, I'd have said they were "FROM" ffxiah. Since I don't condone RMT in any way, I'm not gonna bother posting the URL of the site which would be the same as advertising for them. As far as sorting out "this and that" - I simply sent in every scrap of "this and that" to the FCC.
I've emailed ffxiah@gmail.com and never had an RMT email.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-04 16:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Shortnfat said:

Simple solution to that is to PM the details.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-04 16:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Valefor.Shortnfat said:

I would question what other things the email was entered into.

Also this.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-04 16:58:55
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Valefor.Shortnfat said:

Simple solution to that is to PM the details.
He's probably just making it up.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-12-04 17:02:58
Link | Citer | R

Maybe those RMT work like Google ads: Email titles could draw them in and they know who to spam to. If that's the case, there's nothing Scraggy Doo can really do, right?
[+]
 Valefor.Welfare
By Valefor.Welfare 2010-12-04 17:04:24
Link | Citer | R

I smell a ton of fear. If Shortnfat has "no case" then there's no point in trying to defend ffxiah.com now is there.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-04 17:05:53
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Welfare said:
I smell a ton of fear. If Shortnfat has "no case" then there's no point in trying to defend ffxiah.com now is there.

Pointing out stupidity =/= fearfully defending ffxiah
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-04 17:07:58
Link | Citer | R

I played a free trial of WoW for 3 days about a year and a half ago. Every day since I made my Blizzard account, I've received 3-4 RMT emails from Blizzard domain name email addresses. I guess Blizzard is selling emails too?!
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-04 17:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Welfare said:
nope.

Valefor.Prothescar said:
I played a free trial of WoW for 3 days about a year and a half ago. Every day since I made my Blizzard account, I've received 3-4 RMT emails from Blizzard domain name email addresses. I guess Blizzard is selling emails too?!
did you register your email anywhere in that duration?

they can pull your information anywhere man.
so just mentioning wow in a forum that has your email info in it could make it happen :/
it's not really all that simple to figure out nowadays.
but then again you could be right and they're just selling emails.
check their fine print.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-04 17:09:30
Link | Citer | R

It's just how google adwords works.
[+]
 Valefor.Shortnfat
By Valefor.Shortnfat 2010-12-04 17:13:35
Link | Citer | R

Blizzard is so immersed in RMT, it's ridiculous. It's your responsibility to step up to the plate and do something about it though. There will always be pieces of ***that will try to take advantage of others. If you stand there doing nothing then you deserve what you get. If they're sending you that crap and you never asked for it and cannot unsubscribe, or, even when you do unsubscribe, continue to receive the same advertisements from alternate senders, then it's obvious that some form of legal action needs to be taken.
Submit a complaint to the FCC and they will get to the bottom of it. That's their job. That's what they are there for. If the people you report have done nothing wrong then there's no legal action that can be taken against them. Trying to defend someone for something you feel they are innocent of, does nothing more than indicate that there is a certain element of guilt that IS being taken into consideration and as Welfare said - it wreaks of fear.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-04 17:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Shortnfat said:
Blizzard is so immersed in RMT, it's ridiculous. It's your responsibility to step up to the plate and do something about it though. There will always be pieces of ***that will try to take advantage of others. If you stand there doing nothing then you deserve what you get. If they're sending you that crap and you never asked for it and cannot unsubscribe, or, even when you do unsubscribe, continue to receive the same advertisements from alternate senders, then it's obvious that some form of legal action needs to be taken.
Submit a complaint to the FCC and they will get to the bottom of it. That's their job. That's what they are there for. If the people you report have done nothing wrong then there's no legal action that can be taken against them. Trying to defend someone for something you feel they are innocent of, does nothing more than indicate that there is a certain element of guilt that IS being taken into consideration and as Welfare said - it wreaks of fear.
Tinfoil hat.
Sup Welfare?
I had a feeling this was your alt.
Still dumb as ever?
[+]
 Valefor.Shortnfat
By Valefor.Shortnfat 2010-12-04 17:15:36
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Valefor.Shortnfat said:
Tinfoil hat.
Sup Welfare?

This is not an issue of paranoia. It's an issue of wrong-doing. Considering you have first considered me to be Flionheart and now think that I'm Welfare - I have to say the only indication of paranoia here, seems to be coming from you.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-04 17:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Shortnfat said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Valefor.Shortnfat said:
Tinfoil hat.
Sup Welfare?

This is not an issue of paranoia. It's an issue of wrong-doing. Considering you have first considered me to be Flionheart and now think that I'm Welfare - I have to say the only indication of paranoia here, seems to be coming from you.
Whatever Welfare, try to shift the blame on me all you want.
Your tin hat won't help you now.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-12-04 17:17:39
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-04 17:23:39
Link | Citer | R

I'd rather buy gil, than have an attitude like yours lol.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-04 17:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
welfare=shortnfat makes more sense doesn't it?
they even agree with each other so it means that they are going the borealis route, or same person :/
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-04 17:33:39
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
welfare=shortnfat makes more sense doesn't it?
they even agree with each other so it means that they are going the borealis route, or same person :/

Pretty much. RL friends or same person imo.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-12-04 17:47:25
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Shortnfat said:

They say it's only paranoia if nothing is after you. In this case, it's not paranoia.

Welfare = Shortnfat
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-04 17:49:55
Link | Citer | R

Krizz, have I ever told you that you're my hero (baby)
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-12-04 17:52:01
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Valefor.Shortnfat said:

They say it's only paranoia if nothing is after you. In this case, it's not paranoia.

Welfare = Shortnfat

[+]
First Page 2