BLU in Campaign
First Page 2
 Sylph.Sindri
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-01-06 18:32:33
Link | Citer | R

Wondering what the best sub besides SCH is for BLU in campaign. I don't have SCH, it's low priority right now, was wondering if there was a good alternative. Yes I mean for soloing, had terrible /NIN results so was wondering what some of you use :) Let's try to keep this thread on topic because my previous ones have turned into all-out wars.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-06 18:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Well for general solo /nin works awesome. But for campaign where you want to take dmg /sch and /dnc are pretty much the best. Take dmg get more mp to heal yourself and still be able to dish some dmg out and get kill shots. It's friggin amazing
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-06 18:44:01
Link | Citer | R

/WHM isn't bad if you don't trust anyone in Campaign.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-06 18:47:00
Link | Citer | R

Well, the obvious thing would be /DNC. Cast all the spells you want, then Aspir Samba your MP back. Aspir Samba, Relic body, Auto Refresh trait, Sigil Refresh, and Ethereal earring should be more than enough to perpetuate your MP indefinitely.
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-01-06 22:41:22
Link | Citer | R

No Ethereal but I tried /DNC26, definately like it, will need to finish that. I was able to solo/tank Ninja mobs and I never could /NIN.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-06 22:46:18
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Sindri said:
No Ethereal but I tried /DNC26, definately like it, will need to finish that. I was able to solo/tank Ninja mobs and I never could /NIN.
How many? Oh yeah and switching in and out campaign stuff really helps. Like I generally wear the -10% dmg and +25vit thing but put +25str in when comes time to spell lol. And the macc one helps mp drain kiss alot. Balancing how much dmg I'm taking so that I break even on mp is very nice for xp. So for like sam mobs all out defense usually. For lol nins mostly offense
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-01-06 23:45:08
Link | Citer | R

Just have to agree with /dnc. There's no other taste like it.. but if you can find time to rest inbetween mobs, have lots of regen gear, on ya for mp, you can just heal yourself on Nin with any Blu Healing spell or regen gear!

...but perferred.. /dnc!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-07 00:18:58
Link | Citer | R

well yeah but you wan't to take dmg in campaign lol. That's kinda another reason /nin sucks alot of times
 Valefor.Brainchild
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Brainchild 2010-01-07 00:46:02
Link | Citer | R

honestly i find /sch is better than /dnc however /dnc will work for you if you dont plan to level sch.
 Seraph.Danara
Serveur: Seraph
user: Shinzoku
By Seraph.Danara 2010-01-07 01:14:26
Link | Citer | R

I usually get decent results with /nin in campaign. Yes there is some downtime but I usually do more dmg overall subbing nin and dual wielding. I've only been playing a little over a year so I don't have all any mage subs leveled yet (although I do plan to get them done eventually ><). I've also tried out /dnc and it's not bad. DNC is my favorite job after blu but unless you are in a campaign party where you can Curing Waltz other members I don't think the xp gain is that significant, although I might be wrong since I've only tried it out a few times. I'd rather use my tp for weapons skilling and skill chaining and you will get much more tp /nin than /dnc
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-07 01:19:55
Link | Citer | R

You'll get more xp from taking dmg and healing it. On top of that I still self skillchain every 2min and the tp over 100% well it help heal me but for most part the /dnc is just there for the aspir samba and erase and if necessary mini-voke to make sure you are tanking. I got the highest medal there is and it's a rare day that I'm not so far past the cap that my AN is about the same as my xp or more.
 Remora.Abriel
Serveur: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-07 01:21:43
Link | Citer | R

I like to play kinda like pld to start off, just jump into a horde of incoming mobs (w/o the boss in there e.e ) with genbu's, -%pdt gear an' cocoon up. the damage they deal's pretty laughable, have a few aoe spells set, ppl 'll think you're nuts but can't complain with the xp you get, lol. just play kinda like a super tank 'till things thin out then focus more on other areas.

note: I wouldn't try this w/o a decent amount of damage mitigation gear, cheap def food can help a lot too and it's not such a waste with segil food bonus.

edit: forgot to mention I do this /dnc when I do use blu.
[+]
 Hades.Danor
user: adamdanor
By Hades.Danor 2010-01-19 21:56:11
Link | Citer | R

... /thf
Only damging spell is Vertical Cleave, the rest is +STR spells, magic fruit, mp drainkiss, metallic body, head butt.

Gear is mostly +STR gear
Flame/Rajas
Wivre Mask
Alky's
Mirage Leg
Hume RSE feet
Bull Neck
Af+1 body

I do ~1900-2100 to regular campaign mobs with CASA Vertical Cleave. 900+ SA Vertical Cleave if CA is down. Kills most mobs when ~ 17-20% hp left.

I end up getting all the kills ^^
 Ragnarok.Titox
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-01-19 22:22:14
Link | Citer | R

thanks for all the info i must say....since i am planning on lvling blu(is 64 for 1+ year)

a question...for soloing monster for FoV.....what is the best SJ? right now i am between /whm or /dnc but i don't know which...any ideas?

i use /dnc a lot for PLD,SAM,MNK and WAR(if campaign in war/dnc and i end tanking then i use full def gear,defender and reta)...but i don't know if it will be nice...or other SJ will give me better result(not counting /SCH since mine is still 24 ;<)
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-19 22:24:47
Link | Citer | R

My BLU is only 38 right now but /SCH seems like a great sub for BLU. Dark Arts gives you better Dark skill, which gives a rather large buff to Aspir and MP Drainkiss, for up to 300 MP recovered when casting both spells back-to-back, and Alacrity just helps to raise Aspir frequency. Also nice to have a Dark-based Sleep if/when you need it if something is resistant to Light-based sleep.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Serveur: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-19 22:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to be able to solo mobs and get decent EXP, /SCH and /DNC are really your only options. While /NIN is okay for damage mitigation, that's not necessarily what you want to do in campaign and MP conservation pales.

No other subs will allow you to comfortably solo any campaign mob (not counting dark kindred, gnoles, and bosses of course).
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-01-20 00:24:21
Link | Citer | R

/Nin always
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-20 00:58:53
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
/Nin always
Why? Taking damage increases EXP and it's a bunch of DC mobs, aka nothing you can't handle without shadows. If you can't solo a typical Campaign mob with /SCH or /DNC at 75 you need to take a hard look at what you're doing. Even without that EXP from taking damage, you're gaining more EXP in more categories with the above jobs. /NIN is flat-out inferior for a BLU in campaign.

EDIT:
Siren.Enternius said:
My BLU is only 38 right now but /SCH seems like a great sub for BLU. Dark Arts gives you better Dark skill, which gives a rather large buff to Aspir and MP Drainkiss, for up to 300 MP recovered when casting both spells back-to-back, and Alacrity just helps to raise Aspir frequency. Also nice to have a Dark-based Sleep if/when you need it if something is resistant to Light-based sleep.
Soporific is dark-based, but additional sleeps (especially without spending precious set points!) are certainly welcome.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-01-20 01:03:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
/Nin always
Why? Taking damage increases EXP and it's a bunch of DC mobs, aka nothing you can't handle without shadows. If you can't solo one /SCH or /DNC at 75 you need to take a hard look at what you're doing. Even without that EXP from taking damage, you're gaining more EXP in more categories with the above jobs. /NIN is flat-out inferior for a BLU in campaign.

well im able to pull tons of hate so shadows keep me alive

but i see your point
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-20 01:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Lol you should be pullling hate and blood tanking as a blu. I can get capped xp on blu/dnc just bashing and curing myself. Can keep hate from just about anything without trying lol
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-20 01:42:58
Link | Citer | R

if you're talking about getting xp outside of campaign, I'd definitely use /nin and look up enemies with low hp to exploit, like bst's pets, imps, those new floating skulls in xarc(past) that look like sperm. personally soloed blu to 75 (out side of several levels I was asked to pt by friends), imo it's faster than using an xp party and blm's resent you to all hell if they see you in a solo camp, lol. it's pretty easy to keep steady chain 3s if you're careful, chain 4~5 are a bit tougher w/o juice, just stay away from amorph and elemental pets (I think at your level you're beyond that though, should be at weaker imps I think).

but for campaign, I'd think your best bet is /dnc, probably /sch too but I haven't leveled/tried it myself.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-20 01:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Floating sperm skulls?
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-20 01:51:54
Link | Citer | R

yeah, you can find them in the new 'past' outlands areas. easy to kill and good xp, the areas just aren't very safe, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-20 01:53:28
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Abriel said:
yeah, you can find them in the new 'past' outlands areas. easy to kill and good xp, the areas just aren't very safe, lol.
No really what mob type are you talking about?
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-20 01:56:52
Link | Citer | R

I forget what they're called, but they're seriously floating skulls that look like sperm, lol. they're newish came with the past outlands update.

they're so easy to kill 'cause all they seem to do is cast magic, fought a few and they didn't melee or use tp moves. better than imps I think, though you gotta deal with all the other nasty things arround, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-20 02:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Never seen them. Though I haven't spent much time out there. MOstly just went there to solo me some triumphant roar
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-01-20 02:18:14
Link | Citer | R

my last camp got me 80k+
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2010-01-20 02:23:17
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Abriel said:
I forget what they're called, but they're seriously floating skulls that look like sperm, lol. they're newish came with the past outlands update.
They're called cointeach.
 Sylph.Jax
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-01-20 02:54:09
Link | Citer | R

/WHM is the best.
You get the extra EXP from raises & curing others, plus reraise is helpful when you get that skank Shadowhand!
Noticed I get more exp on BLU/WHM than any other job I have.
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-20 04:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Abriel said:

they're so easy to kill 'cause all they seem to do is cast magic, fought a few and they didn't melee or use tp moves. better than imps I think, though you gotta deal with all the other nasty things arround, lol.

If they don't link, how about the one tower that's used in one of the Wings missions? You run into a bunch of them, I'd guess you could camp in the tower and pull from inside. I'm also half asleep, so if I'm wrong on this feel free to correct me.
First Page 2