BLM Manaburns
 Midgardsormr.Mrsnafu
Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: mrsnafu
By Midgardsormr.Mrsnafu 2009-12-30 12:09:14
Link | Citer | R

Hello yall,
Just looking for some advice on where to Manaburn in which zones, which mobs how long for each zone and so on please.
I am currently lvl 45 BLM looking to enjoy the lifestyles of BLM.
Thanks
 Ramuh.Citag
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Citag
By Ramuh.Citag 2009-12-30 12:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Mrsnafu said:
Hello yall, Just looking for some advice on where to Manaburn in which zones, which mobs how long for each zone and so on please. I am currently lvl 45 BLM looking to enjoy the lifestyles of BLM. Thanks

Vunkrel Inlet starting at about 58 to maybe 64ish.

Otherwise you should solo pets.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-30 12:25:42
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Mrsnafu said:
Hello yall,
Just looking for some advice on where to Manaburn in which zones, which mobs how long for each zone and so on please.
I am currently lvl 45 BLM looking to enjoy the lifestyles of BLM.
Thanks
By manaburn do you mean in a group of 3+ or solo? At 45 I'd recommend solo Cape Teriggan and kill yourself some Goblin's Rabbits.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-30 12:28:10
Link | Citer | R

Frankly lvling blm up I rarely found a manaburn that was anywhere near as safe as soloing pets or as fast
 Ramuh.Citag
By Ramuh.Citag 2009-12-30 12:33:10
Link | Citer | R

This has been a really great resource for soloing ideas.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Black_Mage_Solo_Guide_by_Lion_heart
 Ramuh.Citag
By Ramuh.Citag 2009-12-30 12:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Frankly lvling blm up I rarely found a manaburn that was anywhere near as safe as soloing pets or as fast

And you got chain 5/6 every time you solo'd pets?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-30 12:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Citag said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I generally only got chain 5 solo. And that was after I got AM. But guess what that is chain 5 all for me baby! Much easier to. Get up 1 shot mob. /heal. When it respawns rinse repeat.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-30 12:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Citag said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

And you got max exp per kill every time you got chain 5/6?
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-30 12:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Citag said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Yeah.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-30 12:41:37
Link | Citer | R

Plus it wasn't me soloing that limited my chains. It was the respawn time of the pet. I generally couldn't make chain because even if I started casting the 2nd it popped I still wouldn't make it in time.

But guess what I went /rdm like the whole way cause buffs never helped once i started 1 shotting mobs
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-30 12:50:47
Link | Citer | R

manaburns are just as much cheating as astral burns ;P

/sarcasm
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-12-30 13:18:54
Link | Citer | R

Just listing these 3 camps off the top of my head from when I leveled BLM, sadly V. Inlet didn't exist yet... You can start burning

Crawlers in Aydeewa Subterrane at 58 using Freeze
Crawlers at Mt Z at 60-61 using Flare
Puddings at Mt Z after 71 using Tier IV's
 Odin.Akhilleus
Serveur: Odin
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2009-12-30 13:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Hey, as you have used the term 'manaburn' I will start by saying 6BLM or 5BLM/1support job role can manaburn just about any mobs on the game from an early lvl.

I for one have done manaburns in qufim island from 19+. On worms, they dont move >.> 6 BLM can take them down but its a bit slow, on crabs @ 21 a RDM can gravity and BLM stand in a square/hexagonal shape and the crabs burn very fast indeed, bring juices for faster Hmp.

This can be repeated in Yuhtunga Jungle and other traditional party setup camps where there is sufficient space to gravity and Burn it down.

Of course the 6 BLM burns on 5 BLM 1 COR or BRD start at 53+ in Sauramouge champaign (s) near the Gobs with pets to the right of the central mountain thing ^^ lol, This is quite a dangerous camp but with the right puller you can get masses of xp and high chains.

Next 6 man camp I know of is Meriphataud mountains (s) near the entrance to Castle oztroja (s) this is a 58+ camp as the elemental pets require the relevant AM magic to take them down, there are 2 there and again, the chains can be great, the xp is high and its a really relaxing camp with a zone nearby ^^

The BEST! BLM manaburn camp is in Xarcabard (s) and I have clocked some serious xp here on par with meripos with right setup, this is a 63+ camp and T3 is sufficient to burn the gigas tiger pets there, I prefer COR BRD BLM BLM BLM BLM, with a good BRD pulling this can be an endless stream of experience points and I reccomend syncing to this all the way to 75. (skill up in besieged) easy prey.

I dont like soloing pets, its a bit 1970's, but its a valid choice of course, I just like the party thing, but as somebody currently levelling COR I hope I get invited to BLM burns cos I'm kinda getting fed up of birds.

Happy burning!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-30 13:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Dunes, Qufim, Vunkerl (6 people 55-60, 5 to 62, trio to 64? duo to 67ish, solo from there to like 72), crabs in Kuftal Tunnel... many many camps are BLM-friendly and manaburn EXP is sickeningly good at times. Qufim's an easy 10k/hr if you have a good puller, but you'll need a new sync in under 2 hours.