Kujata.Erim
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2009-12-24 20:00:42
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Usua said:
Carbuncle.Callicantzaros said:
From what i have heard. FFIV will be PC and ps3 only atm. Microsoft was having a big fit where they only wanted 360 uses to play with just that other 360 users. Now this information may not be true or may have changed if it is true. But Either way from the looks of it 360 may not be in the picture. I am in the process of saving up for a PS3 wimple because it will always be better for any FF game that ever comes out. I play XI on my 360 cause it has better graphics then the PS2 and MY PC atm. the reason My pc graphics suck i think is beacuse of My drivers.

Either way the price of the PS3 for what you get out of it is not that bad.

Now back on topic. I sure as hell cant wait for it to release. Signed up and hope to get picked for beta testing. I just hope the customization is far better then what they have in XI and it looks good so far. I just hope there wont be 50 million little people(no offence)running around like on Aion and a few other games that allowed the much customization
Yeah I think xbox is kind of known for not wanting to mix it's players with other consoles which is kind of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. They'll only hurt themselves if they screwed up that deal, as long as it's on pc I'll live. I signed up for beta too, but I'm sure every FF player ever has done the same.

It's very likely that SE and MS will work out some deal so that FFXIV will play on the 360. I'm sure SE wants to have FFXIV playable on all platforms. I hope that it'll work similar to FF11 where only a silver membership was required but for some reason MS just isn't letting that slide this time. Bad news for 360 players with PCs that can't run the game, we can only hope things change.
 Fairy.Usua
Serveur: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-12-24 20:00:53
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Brenda said:
Core system is like no HHD or anything yeah?

But the main reason I heard FFXIV wont be on the 360 is because microsoft wants you use gold service to play it and SE doesnt want you to have to pay their fee and the microsoft fee to pay it.
yeah but an 18 gig hdd is only like 20 dollars at gamestop and unless you do a lot of downloading 18 gigs is all you really need.
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-12-24 20:03:06
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Erim said:
Fairy.Usua said:
From what i have heard. FFIV will be PC and ps3 only atm. Microsoft was having a big fit where they only wanted 360 uses to play with just that other 360 users. Now this information may not be true or may have changed if it is true. But Either way from the looks of it 360 may not be in the picture. I am in the process of saving up for a PS3 wimple because it will always be better for any FF game that ever comes out. I play XI on my 360 cause it has better graphics then the PS2 and MY PC atm. the reason My pc graphics suck i think is beacuse of My drivers.

Now back on topic. I sure as hell cant wait for it to release. Signed up and hope to get picked for beta testing. I just hope the customization is far better then what they have in XI and it looks good so far. I just hope there wont be 50 million little people(no offence)running around like on Aion and a few other games that allowed the much customization
Yeah I think xbox is kind of known for not wanting to mix it's players with other consoles which is kind of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. They'll only hurt themselves if they screwed up that deal, as long as it's on pc I'll live. I signed up for beta too, but I'm sure every FF player ever has done the same.

It's very likely that SE and MS will work out some deal so that FFXIV will play on the 360. I'm sure SE wants to have FFXIV playable on all platforms. I hope that it'll work similar to FF11 where only a silver membership was required but for some reason MS just isn't letting that slide this time. Bad news for 360 players with PCs that can't run the game, we can only hope things change.
You'd think they would make enough money from game sales. :/
But ol' Bill Gates wouldn't be where he is today if he thought that way.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-24 20:06:24
Link | Citer | R

It's PS3 first, probably because of Squaresofts history with Sony. Will initially attract the old crew..
[+]
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2009-12-24 20:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Usua said:
Kujata.Erim said:
Fairy.Usua said:

MS needs to get off there butts and just go with the flow. is the one reason i have a strong dislike to 360 but. I am not going to pay 2 SE and SM to play a game by SE just no way in hell. I havn't used gold membership since my trial one ran out.

Well even if I 14 doesn't come out on 360, I have a back up and maybe a ps3 by that time as well. Am sure we will be hearing more as the time gets closer to beta and release
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-12-24 20:19:42
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Usua said:
Kujata.Erim said:
Fairy.Usua said:

MS needs to get off there butts and just go with the flow. is the one reason i have a strong dislike to 360 but. I am not going to pay 2 SE and SM to play a game by SE just no way in hell. I havn't used gold membership since my trial one ran out.

Well even if I 14 doesn't come out on 360, I have a back up and maybe a ps3 by that time as well. Am sure we will be hearing more as the time gets closer to beta and release
lol I always just make new gamer tags for the 30 days trials, but that's just for playing halo. I wouldn't pay gold for FF either.
 Leviathan.Ashitaka
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ashitaka
By Leviathan.Ashitaka 2009-12-24 21:36:50
Link | Citer | R

Well hopefully MS doesn't realise the mistake they are making before it's too late... If FFXIV comes out before the 360 version even has a release date then I'll probably have found my new go to console. I rarely use my ps3 but it's sounding more and more like I'm going to put some major hours on it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-12-24 21:37:37
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Erim said:
360 is 200 dollars.

I thought we were comparing the PS3 slim and 360 elite here. 360 arcade is for casuals :P
 Leviathan.Ashitaka
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ashitaka
By Leviathan.Ashitaka 2009-12-24 21:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Kujata.Erim said:
360 is 200 dollars.

I thought we were comparing the PS3 slim and 360 elite here. 360 arcade is for casuals :P

Lolcasuals. Arcades are meant to replace broken 360's with old HDD's.... what I did in my case any way. Plus to upgrade to the HDMI port and jasper unit
 Shiva.Darkshade
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-12-25 00:11:06
Link | Citer | R

I think I spent like 69.99 getting a 250GB internal laptop drive for my PS3. No proprietary hard-drive brand bull ***. *** the haters.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Krionin
user: Krionin1
By Carbuncle.Krionin 2010-01-01 20:55:36
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Ashitaka said:
Well hopefully MS doesn't realise the mistake they are making before it's too late... If FFXIV comes out before the 360 version even has a release date then I'll probably have found my new go to console. I rarely use my ps3 but it's sounding more and more like I'm going to put some major hours on it.

my ps3 gets neglected as i most of the time on an xbox game but i already pre ordered ff for my ps3 so it wont be neglected much longer.
 Carbuncle.Krionin
user: Krionin1
By Carbuncle.Krionin 2010-01-01 20:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Ashitaka said:
Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Kujata.Erim said:
360 is 200 dollars.
Lolcasuals. Arcades are meant to replace broken 360's with old HDD's.... what I did in my case any way. Plus to upgrade to the HDMI port and jasper unit
some how i doubt an arcade 360 would last as long as my elite is... it hasnt been shut off since like april maybe march lol...
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-01-01 21:25:59
Link | Citer | R

The reasons that the game is not on the 360 are undoubtedly purely business. The 360 runs a DirectX back-end, meaning you can port games between PC and 360 rather easily. Making games for the PS3 is actually quite a bit more difficult and expensive, and does not port back and forth. (It uses special hardware and special GPU's that must be specifically programmed for.) Meaning, SE has already done most of the development investment necessary to get it on the 360. It wouldn't cost them much.

The problem is, Microsoft is extremely... touchy, about their system and the games that are on it. They want to be involved from square one, have some technical and creative oversight, and want games that are platform exclusive. They often want partial ownership of intellectual property as well, and so far the Final Fantasy IP only has limited partnerships with Sony. SE has done some console releases on the 360, but it was for games last Last Remnant, which suffered terrible technical problems and tanked in the ratings.

Sometimes, they want to invest in (read: partially purchase) the studio that's making the game, which SE would never allow. They would likely also want tie-ins with XBox Live, which would include their achievement system, their marketplace back-end, etc, which SE would have to foot the bill for.

By the time FF11 was released on the 360, it was an extremely old game, and there just wasn't much of the shop left to give away. But Microsoft would likely drive an extremely hard bargain on a brand new, high-demand MMO, and SE has likely just said "thanks, but no thanks" for now. It's not the first time I've heard a similar story. But again, I'm only speculating from experience.
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
Serveur: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-01-01 21:34:27
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Usua said:
The galkas look like brutes.
last galka looks ike the hulk hogan
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-01-01 22:11:44
Link | Citer | R

Black chicks!
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2010-01-01 22:21:58
Link | Citer | R

Blacks gonna play THF job.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-01-01 22:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said:

lulz wtf
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 22:32:49
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Dubont said:
Lakshmi.Watusa said:
lulz wtf
Makes sense to me
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Serveur: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-01-01 22:38:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said:
is it wrong i snickered?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-01-01 22:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said:

Guys...

-_-
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-01-01 23:12:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said:

That was slightly uncalled for.
[+]
 Fenrir.Retin
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2010-01-01 23:20:23
Link | Citer | R

I love how only the face in the upper right corner is new, the rest of those are from ffxi ;/
 Bahamut.Oblivion
Serveur: Bahamut
user: remnant
By Bahamut.Oblivion 2010-01-01 23:30:19
Link | Citer | R

<insert stupid "race" joke [by people who lack knowledge of how social systems function] here.>

[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2010-01-02 13:21:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lakshmi.Watusa said:

[+]
 Seraph.Kooper
Serveur: Seraph
user: Kooper
By Seraph.Kooper 2010-01-18 08:41:15
Link | Citer | R

I have a feeling we're going to have the ability to choose breast size (as per those initial scans).

Can't wait to see DD breasted Mithras running all over the place.

You silly Japanese you. :)
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-18 15:56:14
Link | Citer | R

Not releasing FF14 for 360 IS going to hurt the game, and SE, but not nearly as much as it would advantage MS by having it I would imagine. I suspect that it will come out on 360 in due time, but not until MS stop making stupid demands of SE and SE stops laughing at them.
[+]
 Valefor.Eirinne
Serveur: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-01-18 15:59:55
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Black chicks!

wow...you'd think people lived in a cave >.>
 Siren.Murdock
Serveur: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2010-01-18 16:00:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
Not releasing FF14 for 360 IS going to hurt the game, and SE, but not nearly as much as it would advantage MS by having it I would imagine. I suspect that it will come out on 360 in due time, but not until MS stop making stupid demands of SE and SE stops laughing at them.

aka I have a 360 and not a PC/PS3 and I'm upset that FFXIV is not supported.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-18 16:06:10
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lakshmi.Watusa said:

and Incredibly hilarious.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-18 16:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Murdock said:
Odin.Blazza said:
aka I have a 360 and not a PC/PS3 and I'm upset that FFXIV is not supported.

Gimp. Who only owns a 360? its like the butt joke of every good game thats cross platform. I.E. Dragon Age, every review says it sucks for the 360. Wait.. lemme guess... HALO OMFG ONE11!one!!11ONEONEONE!!111 right? 1 game franchise doesn't justify a console purchase anymore.
[+]