Forum » FFXI » Unicorn » Server Time out/R0ing :<
Server Time out/R0ing :<
 Unicorn.Zuyshin
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Mario1022
By Unicorn.Zuyshin 2009-12-09 02:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Just thought i'd see if its me or anyone else have been r0ing/timed out alot recently, I Reset My Router and my Modem, Logged back on and it started working fine, 3 hrs later, it starts again but now i cant even log into the game at all :<

Idk if its just me or anyone else having this problem ._.;
[+]
 Pandemonium.Yamii
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Yamii
By Pandemonium.Yamii 2009-12-09 02:23:22
Link | Citer | R

im having the same problem duno wat it could be tho it says its my network or the server isnt responding but ive checkd the router a couple of times as well as reseting it ... its prolly something they did in the update/maintaince that keeps dcing ppl
 Unicorn.Zuyshin
By Unicorn.Zuyshin 2009-12-09 02:27:14
Link | Citer | R

Yeah thats what im Gonna assume as well, A Friend of mine ingame was (Think Still is >.>) having the same exact problem x.x now i know how Frustrating it is ~_~ And it waits till i get a PT As *** MNK To do this :< lol
[+]
 Pandemonium.Yamii
By Pandemonium.Yamii 2009-12-09 02:31:16
Link | Citer | R

lol i dc while doing a campaign which sukd cuz had like 2k xp stored and was waiting for it to finish now im 86tnl for 71
 Unicorn.Zuyshin
By Unicorn.Zuyshin 2009-12-09 02:35:08
Link | Citer | R

lol X_X Ouch, I'm more upset at the fact MNKs never get PT invites nowadays >.> kinda wish i lved it a few yrs back :x lol
[+]
 Pandemonium.Yamii
By Pandemonium.Yamii 2009-12-09 02:36:20
Link | Citer | R

yea im gonna have to lvl mine soon again as well just suks i stil cant get on cuz of server freaking SE and their emergency maintainces
 Unicorn.Zuyshin
By Unicorn.Zuyshin 2009-12-09 02:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Lol ; ; Well Thanks alot for the info, Hopefully a Maint. soon will fix this x.x
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-12-09 02:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Zuyshin said:
Just thought i'd see if its me or anyone else have been r0ing/timed out alot recently, I Reset My Router and my Modem, Logged back on and it started working fine, 3 hrs later, it starts again but now i cant even log into the game at all :<

Doing ISNM yesterday, 3 ppl d/c at same time and lost the run, then 1 of the ppl who hadnt d/c did so 10min later. Haven't had a problem with t personally.
 Pandemonium.Yamii
By Pandemonium.Yamii 2009-12-09 02:42:24
Link | Citer | R

ive been dcing non stop for the past 2 days hope they come to terms of fixing it soon
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-09 02:43:11
Link | Citer | R

really been seeing a lot of these threads appear on popular ffxi forums. Reports of individual R0's as well as entire groups and linkshells during events. I've heard people say their entire exp party would disconnect at the same time, or everyone in a Dynamis zone R0's... stuff like that.

I've personally experienced these situations, and in certain instances it's made the game completely unplayable. Lag is bad enough during certain events without having to worry about R0's.

In my situation, when this happens to me I am 100% sure it's not my internet connection, as I am still connected to Ventrilo and able to open my browser and load up different web pages at the speed I'm used to. Yet the game is R0'ing.

I'm normally dual boxing at almost all times when I'm online. Sometimes I've even experienced one account will R0 where my other account won't. I've experienced this both in the same zone at the same event, as well as when I'm in different zones on both accounts.

Considering it's a large portion of players across all servers with these experiences, the only possible conclusion I've come up with is that SE server maintenance is beginning to slack. Either they're not keeping up with it as well as they used to (maybe through having resources pulled to be directed into other projects, such as FFXIV or their various other upcoming titles) or the servers they've been using since the game's inception are just beginning to show their age and need to be replaced with newer models.

Either way, my assumption is that it will only get worse until some type of major maintenance occurs. Chances are they're holding out on purchasing entirely new servers until the day they actually condense the player base. You know, when one server has such a low population they just move everyone on it to another. This way they can purchase a server with enough power to accommodate the larger population caused by condensing.

I could be entirely wrong... but the theory makes sense to me.
 Unicorn.Sasura
user: Sasura
By Unicorn.Sasura 2009-12-09 02:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah this blows, I've tried everything, switching to a static IP and opening appropriate ports, connecting with alternate internet connections, trying to log into different accounts on different computers. Almost absolutely certain it's FFXI servers.
[+]
 Seraph.Kuroi
Serveur: Seraph
user: kuroi
By Seraph.Kuroi 2009-12-09 02:46:48
Link | Citer | R

I have just dc'd after trying to use synergy and it wont let me log back on i get to the POL page and then i get an error message.
 Pandemonium.Yamii
By Pandemonium.Yamii 2009-12-09 02:46:55
Link | Citer | R

yea it makes sense but stil if i wantd to cancel my content ID or wat not i cant even get onto POL atm its horrible swear this is pretty bad
 Pandemonium.Yamii
By Pandemonium.Yamii 2009-12-09 02:48:04
Link | Citer | R

it has to b their servers that are messing up hope i can get on thursday lol want to do salvage soo badly
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-09 02:48:54
Link | Citer | R

yeah, I assume the registration server is affected as well. I've heard of a lot of players unable to purchase or cancel content IDs, unable to edit payment information or reactivate accounts.
 Fairy.Brenda
Serveur: Fairy
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-09 02:54:07
Link | Citer | R

Any of you using Roadrunner/Brighthouse?
 Unicorn.Zuyshin
By Unicorn.Zuyshin 2009-12-09 03:03:16
Link | Citer | R

Not me, I use time Warner, all my other things that are running off the net are fine but FF is the only thing that kicks me Q_Q so it has to be the server(s)
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-09 03:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Doesnt Time Warner use Roadrunner?
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-09 03:43:47
Link | Citer | R

I was using Comcast cable internet a month or two ago, same problems. I have moved, and am now signed up with AT&T high speed DSL... same problems.

It's not the ISP, trust me. Makes it pretty obvious that it's a server-side issue when I'm running ventrilo and FFXI on the same machine, where vent stays connected and FFXI does not. Client-side connection issue would cause me to lose connection on both programs simultaneously.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-09 12:58:53
Link | Citer | R

one character in the aery, another at KV. Both R0 multiple times and recover, then both eventually disconnect.

And yet I'm posting this as I'm logging back in for like the fifth time today. And... still on ventrilo through all of it.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-09 13:28:05
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Zuyshin said:

I was R0'ing all day yesterday. Damn annoying. DC'd probably 10 times total. >.<
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-12-09 14:14:44
Link | Citer | R

Idk, I still haven't been having too much R0'ing recently. But I've randomly been lagging like a ***. Like the other day I was running around wg with around 4 frames per second. And a little while later I was around 20 fps...
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-09 14:54:20
Link | Citer | R

Surprisingly no R0's during fafnir, but I've moved a character to Khim and sure enough... R0's.

This ***is *** frustrating lol