Evasion+ Vs Evasion SKill +
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Remora.Laphine
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Laphine 2009-11-29 10:53:25
Link | Citer | R

ah here is something interesting i was trying to find yesterday

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=10;mid=1205954796117947076;num=63;page=1

This is quite old, but it's a test anyway. Now check the difference in adding skill vs adding normal evasion. That difference is really crazy lol, if evasion doesn't work like acc, we could imply from here. Still on that situation against steelshells evasion >>>> evasion skill.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 13:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Laphine said:
ah here is something interesting i was trying to find yesterday

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=10;mid=1205954796117947076;num=63;page=1

This is quite old, but it's a test anyway. Now check the difference in adding skill vs adding normal evasion. That difference is really crazy lol, if evasion doesn't work like acc, we could imply from here. Still on that situation against steelshells evasion >>>> evasion skill.

Dont really like that test its too vauge and doesnt use 1 control.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 13:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Ok so did a test today on evasion skill.
Test was in the Boyahda Tree on EM steelshell.
75 Elvaan SAM/WAR 59+3 agl no signet, no food, no buffs except protect, with back turned and weapon sheathed.

First test: 256 evasion skill
Over 1000 attacks Evasion rate bounced between 12% and 11% before settling down at after 30 minutes 11.45

Second Test: 276 skill( boxer's mantle, evasion torque, evasion earring)
Also over 1000 attacks evasion rate at 21.52 after settling(about 30 mins)

Conslusion: adding 20 skill added aproximatly 10% evade rate pointing towards evasion = evasion skill. It would appear that they are eaqual and its a good enough test to say if they arent exactly 1 for 1 refer to what vergetto said: "parse the 2 and you wont tell a difference."
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 13:27:12
Link | Citer | R

Come on guys with all the rate downs I dont mean to sound like a know it all *** and i know i tend to come off that way. If you want to discuss debate my facts tell me what I'm saying wrong instead of all the rates down and telling me im wrong but being so vauge about what.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 13:34:16
Link | Citer | R

They don't want to be wrong, therefore, probably won't take your word for it. Hopefully you saved your parse. Though, I have 0 doubt on your test, as the results are concurrent with my deduction as well.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 14:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Not trying to knit-pick, but the abbreviation for agility is agi, not agl. That's jut been bugging me. I keep reading your posts and going, "Wtf is agl...oh." :P

lol thanks didn't even realize that it was agi >_> there is l in agility too doh!
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 14:14:43
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
They don't want to be wrong, therefore, probably won't take your word for it. Hopefully you saved your parse. Though, I have 0 doubt on your test, as the results are concurrent with my deduction as well.

Nope i didn't save it cause direct parser is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and doesn't show how many times the mob attacked only the evade % making showing it irrelevant(unless i cant figure out how to do that). Kparser is light years better but i cant get it to work nowadays for the life of me. Either way they dont have to take my word for it, I'm just happy to even have done the test for myself.(ah who am i kidding who doesn't love saying I told you so haha!)
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 14:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Yea, I've been having trouble w/ Kparse lately as well
 Phoenix.Wraithen
Serveur: Phoenix
user: virusct
By Phoenix.Wraithen 2009-11-29 14:35:30
Link | Citer | R

So, let me see if i got this right...

+2 evasion = 1% evade
while +1 evasion skill = 1% evade

so, basically evasion skill is twice as good. This is not the first test i have seen that stats this. This is why many ppl say evasion earring (+3% evade) is better than elusive (+2.5% evade). This is the assumption I have personally went with and it has worked out well.

here's what I have done

[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 14:39:09
Link | Citer | R

Nono 2 evasion = 1% evasion rate and 2 skill = 1% evasion rate.(or damn near)

adding 20 skill bumped my evade rate about 10%.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-29 14:55:17
Link | Citer | R

Again, this is dealing with EM mobs... you cant say 2 evasion is 1% evade rate on NMs, Very Tough, Too Weaks. It doesn't make sense to say it as a broad generalization.

And your parse with no results posted other than your word (which I'm not discrediting, but again showing no proof) does not show you adding evasion+ only evasion skill+. It wasn't asked if evasion skill+ did something, it was the difference between evasion skill and evasion+; which is better, which does more, etc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lithanye
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lithanye
By Bahamut.Lithanye 2009-11-29 15:00:58
Link | Citer | R

I like this a lot better, and I can agree with what was said in the above test. Though, further testing would probably need to be done to make an even more accurate assumption, it's best that you actually put evidence up front.

It's a bit of a nuisance to see a lot of people pushing around their ideas saying they have 'supporting evidence', then never provide so much as a test result, and that's really what was grinding my gears about your posts. I didn't mean to come off in any way like an *** myself, but it might be better for you to run a test first on such matters before you provide information. It'll save a lot of confrontations and headaches.

Though, if they work out to be near the same on a basic level, I guess there would have to be some sort of difference as to how they're calculated under caps or against stronger monsters, in speculation. I'm sure SE wouldn't put two different things out there to have them evaluate in an identical manner. Perhaps something like that can be experimented with in the future. I like the cap theory that was done by the individual in the link at the top of page 3, it opens the door for more possibilities.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 15:14:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Again, this is dealing with EM mobs... you cant say 2 evasion is 1% evade rate on NMs, Very Tough, Too Weaks. It doesn't make sense to say it as a broad generalization.

And your parse with no results posted other than your word (which I'm not discrediting, but again showing no proof) does not show you adding evasion+ only evasion skill+. It wasn't asked if evasion skill+ did something, it was the difference between evasion skill and evasion+; which is better, which does more, etc.

Care to give an example of something that DOES change w/ different ranked mobs (em vt t too weak ect)?

Hell, 2 acc on a lv 1 bee gives 1% hitrate. 2 acc on byakko, one of the most evasive mobs in the game gives 1% hitrate. 4 str will give 1 fstr on bubbly bernie and 4 str will give 1 fstr on fafnir, ect. Even regular evasion, 2 = 1% evade rate on leaping lizzy and 2 = 1% evade rate on pandemonium warden. What makes evasion skill so special that SE would go out of their way to go off the pattern of all the other related stats?

Why do you believe it is any different w/ eva skill and on what basis?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-29 15:20:48
Link | Citer | R

Fair.Vegetto said:
Care to give an example of something that DOES change w/ different ranked mobs (em vt t too weak ect)?
I'll retract that argument. I was talking about if you are capped 95% or way under capped <20% (Lv.1 vs Lv.75) you won't see a difference with 1 accuracy. Obviously I was thinking about the extremes and it doesn't apply to this discussion.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 15:21:29
Link | Citer | R

What's next "oh you didn't do your test on VT mobs while the full moon is up on darksday with sandstorm weather in [insert zone that doesn't have sandstrom here]"
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-29 15:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:

Ranged attacks :D!

*walks off*
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 15:32:10
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

*walks off*
Explain please. Unless I'm mistaken, 2 racc will give the same increase vs a lv 1 mob and a lv 80 mob. 2 str will raise fstr2 by 1 no matter the mob, level correlation will be the same (for exmaple lv 40 rng vs lv 50 mob and lv 75 player vs lv 85 mob) as long as the gap is the same, ect
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 15:35:27
Link | Citer | R

who knows what they are talking about lol
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-29 15:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

*walks off*
Explain please. Unless I'm mistaken, 2 racc will give the same increase vs a lv 1 mob and a lv 80 mob. 2 str will raise fstr2 by 1 no matter the mob, level correlation will be the same (for exmaple lv 40 rng vs lv 50 mob and lv 75 player vs lv 85 mob) as long as the gap is the same, ect

Whoosh...
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 16:06:02
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

*walks off*

Whoosh...
Hey, a lot of the posts here resemble those of gamefaqs, no clue whether you're serious or not and even if you weren't, which I'm glad you weren't, someone here would have believed you.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-11-29 16:27:41
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ranged attacks :D! *walks off*
Whoosh...
Hey, a lot of the posts here resemble those of gamefaqs, no clue whether you're serious or not and even if you weren't, which I'm glad you weren't, someone here would have believed you.

lol Veg needs to get laid.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 16:37:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Whoosh...

Oh, I never thought you'd ask. I'm not cheap; hope you brought me flowers.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-11-29 16:50:43
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Whoosh...
Oh, I never thought you'd ask. I'm not cheap; hope you brought me flowers.

Oh, that's a shame because your mother was. pah dum dum pssh >_>
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 16:57:11
Link | Citer | R

I probably would have laughed if you had said that maybe 10 years ago.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2009-11-29 17:22:45
Link | Citer | R

If you happen to go out testing again, I would like to see what numbers you get when you replace that +20 evasion skill with +20 evasion, just to see how close the numbers are.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 17:24:46
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nevill said:
If you happen to go out testing again, I would like to see what numbers you get when you replace that 20 evasion skill with 20 evasion, just to see how close the numbers are.
It's already well known that 2 eva = 1% evade rate, that's been proven a long long time ago. Absolutely 0 need to repeat the test in those terms. The only disputed fact here was that how evasion skill compares to it.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-29 18:32:36
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
A lot of skills are factored in the game such as:

For Evasion skill > 200
1 Evasion skill on gear = 0.9 evasion
1 Evasion on gear = 1 evasion
2 AGI = 1 evasion

So using this system, straight evasion is better than evasion skill IF evasion works on the same system as most other combat skills.

Claiming that 1 evasion skill = 4 evasion is pure non-sense.

Did you wiki that *** nonsense?

can you tell me why...? evasion earrings was 2mil back in that day compared to drone earrings or elusive earrings?

The evasion bonus on mobs and players changed several times over the years when ever see did thier mob correction and 2 hander updates etc.

Straight evasion better than *** evasion skill are you *** dumb?

was your comment for evasion skill post lv 59-60ish? why does a nin even bother with so much evasion? using skill in those places when it is so worthless?

it is common knowledge 2 agi is roughly 1 evasion. 1 evasion is 1 evasion but skill is nothing yet...... evasion earring is still 150k+ and emissonary boots sells for 600k or more?

-----------

you must have higher superiority complex when that guy stated 1 skill had more than 1 evasion?

well guess what me being a career thf says it does. evasion kill is worth more than evasion.

You are the one whom needs to get your fact's straight.
[+]