how do you do it

You don't, it sux :/ Took me so long to get to last tier medal :s
 Valefor.Integral
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-11-11 19:48:26
Link | Citer | R

I got a little over 2k one battle but I havent broke 1k in the 5 after that.. doing the same stuff, cure cure cure drain cure aspir cure cure cure cure xover9000
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 19:50:27
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Thundaga III. Then you die. Then Campaign ends.
If you can get it fanatics drink get 3-4 aga3s off die RR rest rinse repeat profit. If not just nuke alot lol and take advantage of aspir drain alot... and /sch! I usually cap xp on any medal. If I can get fanatics I cap really fast lol
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-11-11 19:52:11
Link | Citer | R

are you serious das? everytime I have wasted any mp on nuking I always get horrible experience
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-11 19:53:12
Link | Citer | R

Melee!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 19:55:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Integral said:
are you serious das? everytime I have wasted any mp on nuking I always get horrible experience
Killshots bud. Alacrity AM2/T4 get lots of kill shots. Or if people aren't killing fast parsimony for efficiency. I actually solo mobs without resting on blm/sch from full health lol. They get really debuff resistant at the end. Obviously the reason you get alot with 4 aga3s in a row is cause your doing like 400-600 X5-15 mobs per spell lol. So that adds up super quick... but cant find fanatics that often QQ
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-11-11 19:56:51
Link | Citer | R

lame :/ no /sch on my new char
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-11-11 19:57:40
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Valefor.Integral said:
Killshots bud. Alacrity AM2/T4 get lots of kill shots. Or if people aren't killing fast parsimony for efficiency. I actually solo mobs without resting on blm/sch from full health lol. They get really debuff resistant at the end. Obviously the reason you get alot with 4 aga3s in a row is cause your doing like 400-600 X5-15 mobs per spell lol. So that adds up super quick... but cant find fanatics that often QQ

wasnt being sarcastic btw lol thanks for your reply
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 19:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Yeah blm kinda needs /sch to do good in campaign. Well solo anyways. Too much resting otherwise... though really as a blm you can solo faster xp then whatever the highest medal caps at
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-11 19:59:27
Link | Citer | R

Once you get the +20HMP item, you're fine <3
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-11-11 20:03:05
Link | Citer | R

what can you aga3 a group of more than 1 time O_o I keep aga3ing the mobs that are whacking the jugner op but I just get raeped right after that.. is that what you mean? lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 20:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Integral said:
what can you aga3 a group of more than 1 time O_o I keep aga3ing the mobs that are whacking the jugner op but I just get raeped right after that.. is that what you mean? lol
Aga3ing doesn't really work unless you can purchase a fanatics drink lol since 1 round generally isn't worth it.
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-11-11 20:10:03
Link | Citer | R

I cast thundaga3 two times, reraise 2 times and got a little over 1k :o not too shabby!
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-11 20:19:22
Link | Citer | R

I just melee the mob for Spirit Taker, ele enfeebs, tier IV/AMII, other enfeebs and cure the tank. I usually get 2k+ on the long fights. I don't try to tank so I may lose some exp from that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 20:24:51
Link | Citer | R

The whole cap per category that wiki post is crap btw. I've definitely gotten 3k from just nuking well took a bit of dmg and died since I was aga3ing alot of mobs. And got 3k+ once just soloing 2 so just sleep nuke aspir rinse repeat
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-11-11 20:30:51
Link | Citer | R

Well, the caps have definitely been adjusted since the wiki was first written. I a lot of the ideas are basically true (groupings and such ) but the actual caps seem different now, especially dmg.
 Hades.Agilo
Serveur: Hades
user: Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2009-11-11 20:37:13
Link | Citer | R

i usually nuke a little bit, do a lot of enfeebles (elemental DoTs, slow, para), melee so i can spirit taker every now and then, and aspirs are usually good except against mega boss.
 Alexander.Zayo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-11-11 20:38:23
Link | Citer | R

lol I thought I was the only crazy BLM doin aga3's. Also, kill shots are a big help. Being a vulture is another good way to get exp (don't cure, just raise, only cure NPCs) I hate it when I'm out there on a melee job and mages are doing that, but it works well.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 20:48:44
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Zayo said:
lol I thought I was the only crazy BLM doin aga3's. Also, kill shots are a big help. Being a vulture is another good way to get exp (don't cure, just raise, only cure NPCs) I hate it when I'm out there on a melee job and mages are doing that, but it works well.
At least you raise lool. So many wont or wont till spoils gone
 Bahamut.Freugrer
Serveur: Bahamut
user: freugrer
By Bahamut.Freugrer 2009-11-12 01:05:05
Link | Citer | R

1) Buy yourself a Lilith's Rod (VERY CHEAP ON SOME SERVERS)
2) Melee campaign mobs to earn combat xp
3) Enfeeble the enemies while melee-ing to earn enfeebling xp
4) Cast your most powerful nuke at the enemies that are near death to earn kill-shot xp
5) Heal campaign allies to earn healing xp
6) Skill chain to earn skill chain xp

The reason why you wanna melee with a Lilith's rod is that it has a additional effect that drains mp. It's a 33% chance that the effect will activate. Since most of time your not actualy casting nukes your mp will be pretty high which you can use to cast cheap enfeebles instead. Please note that enfeeble's that resist count but the one's that have "no effect" don't. Also MOST of the mobs have mp except for the one's that come out of Belfry's.

The greatest problem that mages in campaign go through is their mp pool's. Resting to recover mp is a waste of time and xp that you could of gotten by just meleeing with lilith's rod.

Lilith's Rod Auction House Page
 Bismarck.Saleam
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-12 01:55:31
Link | Citer | R

find the toughest possible NM then 3rd tier ga spell or freeze/quake/tornadoe ect
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-12 02:11:40
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Integral said:

On certain area it is possible to AGA up to 4-5 round in a row without dying. AGA > Sleepga > AGA > Sleepga > etc. I did that in Battalia. If you correctly exploit the terrain + pathfinding, it's really easy to do it. Could AGA mob like 10 by 10.
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-12 02:48:09
Link | Citer | R

I have no idea what it is like at 75 (as I have never had reason to do it), but while I was leveling I used campaign to get a death buffer before moving to new camps.

Curing NPCs, auto attacking (even if you miss) and nuke for kill shots are all good ways to earn exp, but never expect it to be even close to what you could earn as a good campaign job.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Serveur: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2009-11-12 03:10:11
Link | Citer | R

my friend ran into a similar issue.

i suggested using a scythe, but he hasnt been on in a few months so im not sure if it helped any.

but at least you could do some melee damage + your spell damage.

just an idea :P
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-12 03:16:23
Link | Citer | R

Best is really to steal deathblow with a huge nuke when a monster is about to die. I hardly think that meleeing as blm would be a good strategy not to mention that would be vulnerable to all AoE and stuff.
[+]
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Serveur: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2009-11-12 03:37:21
Link | Citer | R

very true.

the extra hits are always a nice bonus though.
guess its one of those use at your own risk sorta things...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
By sztoid 2009-12-19 06:21:02
Link | Citer | R

Here's what I do for 1k+ xp per battle as BLM/SCH:
"parsimony", "Elemental Seal", and "fanatic's drink". Then cast your highest -ga/elemental pertaining to beastman, in the middle of the crowd and continue to spam ur highest -ga's. Use parsimony again when ur highest -ga is ready and continue until u die.^^
repeat as frequently as u can even weakend if possible.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 06:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Well you should get a lot more than 1k for that. I get 1k easy just from ala nuke steal killshots and some aspir/drains. Though Soloing a mob from full just sleep nuking on blm/sch can get you a bit.

Doing that twice even in a short battle will net me 2.4k. Unfortunately I haven't been able since fanatics drink hasn't been available according to my SS since like april lol.

But yeah like this...

First Page 2