So I Got The Lady At McDonalds In Trouble

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » So I got the lady at McDonalds in trouble
So I got the lady at McDonalds in trouble
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 13:02:24
Link | Citer | R

Your comprehension never ceases to amaze me. As I've said continuous times, it was not because she messed up my order. It was the complete lack of give a *** that she showed, which lead to messing up my order. That is not the same thing.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
Serveur: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-11-07 13:03:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:
I accepted Vegetto's answer the first time.

Why do you think I didn't post?

But you want to turn this into another "Bash Korpg" thread again, which I won't take a part of. See, I didn't know that "Plain" was part of the menu item, since, believe it or not, I don't go to Mcdonald's.

I'm not arguing that she didn't get the order right, I'm arguing that why is it socially acceptable to get somebody fired for 1 mistake. Since you guys think it is, it must be in your part of the world. Thats how you choose to live your life.

Lets just accept the fact that Vegetto wants to get somebody fired because he didn't get his order right. Somebody made a mistake, and to him, thats ground for termination. We get it.

Please don't make this into another "Bash Korpg" thread.

It's obvious that you've never held down a job in food service in any capacity. Someone who continuously botches orders, especially in cases where it exposes customers to harm, needs to be retrained or fired. Just drop it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-07 13:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:

Again, please forgive me for having different standards than you.

all to quote
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-11-07 13:04:40
Link | Citer | R

I really don't know why certain people are white knighting for that employee, I seriously don't. Considering that the order was repeated more than once to make sure it was correct, and it still wasn't, that shows either lack of listening or lack of caring. Either of those should at the very least get you some scolding at. Maybe it's just me, but if Vegetto was seriously allergic to onions, he would've mentioned that little fact in the beginning, when he places the order. I know if it was me I would've.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-07 13:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:
I accepted Vegetto's answer the first time.

Why do you think I didn't post?

But you want to turn this into another "Bash Korpg" thread again, which I won't take a part of. See, I didn't know that "Plain" was part of the menu item, since, believe it or not, I don't go to Mcdonald's.

I'm not arguing that she didn't get the order right, I'm arguing that why is it socially acceptable to get somebody fired for 1 mistake. Since you guys think it is, it must be in your part of the world. Thats how you choose to live your life.

Lets just accept the fact that Vegetto wants to get somebody fired because he didn't get his order right. Somebody made a mistake, and to him, thats ground for termination. We get it.

Please don't make this into another "Bash Korpg" thread.

Because you won't shut the *** up after you give your answer, you have to keep on tossing in stupid *** to just argue about it, you gave your opinion, he didn't like it END OF THE MOTHER *** CONVERSATION YOU DON'T NEED TO SAY ANY MOTHERFUCKING OTHER THING.
[+]
 Shiva.Dinarii
Serveur: Shiva
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2009-11-07 13:11:10
Link | Citer | R

1: look at your food before you eat it. as someone who used to work in fast food, i do this religiously.

2: dont *** with ppl who handle your food to any extent. they are minimum wage pay, working stupid shifts, and deal with people who are the dregs of society 90% of their workday(co-workers and customers alike)

3: with that being said, do you really think this person gives a flying *** if they get fired from their job bc you couldnt look at your burger before viciously chowing down? really, slow down a bit. might save your life

4: if you have never worked fast food. you just dont understand craptastic it can be. and how "i think i got the lady at X burger joint fired" really means nothing. What usually happens is nothing. im surprised you didnt get offered a free meal or something. Do you know how many ppl call in with stuff saying they are allergic to onions, or pickles or mayo etc etc etc, just gunning for free food? unless you die or sue, they really dont care.

also ordering "Light mayo" gets you light mayo, not less of it. for future reference.
[+]
 Odin.Kraytos
Serveur: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2009-11-07 13:16:23
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Gave him the employee number from the receipt and he sounded scared and pissed at the same time.

Take that ***

most manager's make it seem like they give a *** on the phone but will laugh about this with the worker, fyi
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 13:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kraytos said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Gave him the employee number from the receipt and he sounded scared and pissed at the same time.

Take that ***

most manager's make it seem like they give a *** on the phone but will laugh about this with the worker, fyi

Oh well, not like it wasted any of my time. Made the call on the way home, so not like I coulda been doing anything else. Makes no diff to me.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-11-07 13:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kraytos said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Take that ***

My experience in the food industry says otherwise. Your statement might be true of the bottom 10% of fast food assistant managers, but any mildly-competent restaurant manager in fast food, casual dining, or fine dining will take complaints of this variety seriously. Ultimately, it's the manager's *** on the line when it comes to restaurant operations.

Any restaurant that isn't fast food or a chain establishment lives or dies by word-of-mouth advertisement. Opening a new restaurant is a risky endeavor in of itself. The owners will be rewarded with an empty restaurant, inspectors from the health department, or even lawsuits if their managers have such a careless attitude as the one stated above.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nightcrew
user: Nightcrew
By Bahamut.Nightcrew 2009-11-07 13:32:30
Link | Citer | R

wow, good times. sorry if i offend anyone but a lot of people should read the whole thing before the post. tho he didnt say in the start, but he didnt eat it. also, a lot of people were using the words "sue" and "lawsuit". i dont remember him saying anything about a lawsuit, just that he would have to go to the doctors, unless "I would be paying a visit if any further problems arose" meant he would be seeing Micky D's for compensation instead of going back to the doc's.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 13:38:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Nightcrew said:
also, a lot of people were using the words "sue" and "lawsuit"

Implied lawsuit. :P
 Bahamut.Nightcrew
user: Nightcrew
By Bahamut.Nightcrew 2009-11-07 13:56:29
Link | Citer | R

personally i dont see it. but i can see how someone could ***themselves thinking there could be one. but unless he went to corporate and complained, i'm sure that can be handled in house. but from what i gathered, he just wanted to let the manager know that one of his staff may need some straightening out. everything i read he didnt hint "if X doesnt happen then i'm going to sue". assuming what he posted was everything, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-07 14:05:26
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I love Five Guys, but quite expensive.

Expensive? You pay the same amount you do at McD's and get three times the amount of food.

I also tell waitresses of made up food allergies, because if you simply say "I don't like it" they end up putting it on your meal anyway. I order that Oriental Chicken Salad at Applebee's and tell them to hold the almonds because I'm allergic. But I'm not allergic. Almonds just make me gag. But the one time I told the waitress I simply do not like almonds, and SHE turned around and said to me "Well, that's too bad. Just pick them off." I wasn't a *** to her, I simply said "I don't like almonds."

I'm sorry, but if I'm going to be sitting down at a place and you give me a shitty attitude based on some stupid policy you pulled out of your *** to avoid extra work, then I'm gonna sit there and tell you I'm allergic. I'm always very nice to my waiters and the poor saps that work at fast food places. There's no reason to tell me "Deal with it."
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 14:12:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Expensive? You pay the same amount you do at McD's and get three times the amount of food.

? BS i spend 10 bucks at 5 guys. I spend 3-4 at McDonalds tops (3-4 dollar menu items)
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-11-07 14:14:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Nightcrew said:
personally i dont see it. but i can see how someone could ***themselves thinking there could be one. but unless he went to corporate and complained, i'm sure that can be handled in house. but from what i gathered, he just wanted to let the manager know that one of his staff may need some straightening out. everything i read he didnt hint "if X doesnt happen then i'm going to sue". assuming what he posted was everything, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

I never implied that Vegetto himself was going to sue. My argument is that plenty of people in his situation do end up contacting management/corporate if medical bills result from improperly prepared food. These types of cases almost never go to court as it's far cheaper for McDonald's (or any other chain restaurant operating nation-wide) to just cover the valid out-of-pocket medical bills than pay the legal fees required to see such a case through the legal process. McDonald's would much rather keep their lawyers busy on less clear-cut lawsuits where fat people sue McDonald's for making them fat.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-07 14:14:51
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

? BS i spend 10 bucks at 5 guys. I spend 3-4 at McDonalds tops (3-4 dollar menu items)

Yea, and how much food do you get at McD's. I spend 5 bucks at 5 guys and still get more food. My boyfriend and I can spend 10 on a bacon cheese burger, regular fries, and large drink and share it.

I guess for you, McD's is more worth your while, but a burger at Five Guys lasts me for 2 meals.

Another story: My boyfriend and I did that Carside-To-Go from Outback. I ordered a burger, and it was only half cooked. Outback is a good 30 minutes away. My boyfriend called them up and complained, but he wasn't a *** about it. Just explained that the burger was cooked on one side and raw on the other. The manager was really nice and gave us 15 dollars off our next purchase, which is more than what we originally spent. So yes, some manager's care.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 14:22:30
Link | Citer | R

A burger at 5 guys doesn't even begin to fill me up. its the fries rly cause they give you so much, but i don't like to make an entire meal out of fries anyways.

I can eat 4 burgers off the dollar menu and get more full than 1 5dollar+ five guys burger.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-11-07 14:24:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

not here xD i paid almost 28$ for meals for 3people last time i went.
its pretty expensive, but it was good. anytime it rains french fries = good.

also i was there for the whole incident. all that *** had to do was TELL
the people who pack the ***to make sure a plain one is made/packed into the order. it was afternoon (2-3pm) so there was plenty of employee's standing around waited to be told what to do. her ghetto *** just stood there mean muggin us the whole time. she got what she deserved imo.

*also, just because some called and made a complaint doesn't mean they got fired, maybe they just got a warning or w/e if that is their first incident. you don't know so dont take it as if she did get fired. all im saying, whatever that *** got, she got what she deserved. lol
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-07 14:26:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm still rofl'ing over the analogy about Godzilla blowing his load on a chicken sandwich from the first page. Not even OP! That was just *** fantastic. lol
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-07 14:27:44
Link | Citer | R

This may not be the case, but the customer is not always right. ;D (click for lulz!)

Anyways, here's what I'm seeing on both ends of the argument:
It's understandable that the person taking the order made a mistake, and should have heeded Veg's correction. She didn't, and that was her mistake. He had every right to report her. However--as has been stated before--he shouldn't have lied about it. What he should have done is report the incident as it happened, and let the managers handle it from there.

Technically though, even if what he did was ethically wrong, the girl could very well have made that mistake with someone who really was allergic, and that would have been serious. But I think it's assumed that 1) an allergic person would have double-checked, and 2) the managers would have taken an honest report from Veg into consideration and applied it to a situation involving a customer with an allergic reaction.

I think people are either taking the ethical side or the realistic side. Both are reasonable, but try not to be too extreme, otherwise... well it comes off as too argumentative. Cheers all :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-07 14:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
Don't care enough to actually read what's going on, but the thread title made me laugh.

And everyone knows Wendys > anything kthxbai.

And the fact that you're "King of the Opo-opos" made me giggle. YAY YOUR MUSTACHIO IS BACK!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-07 14:32:16
Link | Citer | R

Seems fairly simple to me being that he caught her mistake and it went through anyway. Yeah it'd suck if she got fired and I can't imagine someone *worthwhile* getting shitcanned for this if they weren't already on the fence, but the point remains. Also it makes for a funny story on the internet. :B
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-11-07 14:35:42
Link | Citer | R

just to give you guys a visual, *** was mean muggin us like this:

User submitted image

>o

*edit* also she was black and had an ugly gold grill on (no racial) o/
lulz
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-07 14:37:47
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Odin.Kraytos said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Take that ***

Oh well, not like it wasted any of my time. Made the call on the way home, so not like I coulda been doing anything else. Makes no diff to me.

lol
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 14:40:01
Link | Citer | R

This thread is still going? God, it turned into a discussion from reply 1 and still going strong.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-07 14:42:46
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
This thread is still going? God, it turned into a discussion from reply 1 and still going strong.

:P
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-11-07 14:49:49
Link | Citer | R

Reminds me of when I went out to eat with my family at a Chinese restaurant. I told the waitress what I wanted. She had a Chinese accent. And she kept trying to get me to order different things. She was like "Dis healthier for you. Is very good and filling", pointing at other things on the menu. I'd laugh a little and be like, "Thank you, but I still want this." Then she'd gasp and be like "Oh, and this is very good too!", pointing to yet, something else.

I wasn't mad though. I thought it was kinda funny/cute. And apparently she had been doing that all day. Other people didn't find it quite so funny and had been trying to get her fired, but that wasn't going to happen. As she was the restaurant owner's wife.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-11-07 14:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Aaralynn said:
Reminds me of when I went out to eat with my family at a Chinese restaurant. I told the waitress what I wanted. She had a Chinese accent. And she kept trying to get me to order different things. She was like "Dis healthier for you. Is very good and filling", pointing at other things on the menu. I'd laugh a little and be like, "Thank you, but I still want this." Then she'd gasp and be like "Oh, and this is very good too!", pointing to yet, something else.

I wasn't mad though. I thought it was kinda funny/cute. And apparently she had been doing that all day. Other people didn't find it quite so funny and had been trying to get her fired, but that wasn't going to happen. As she was the restaurant owner's wife.

lol sounds like my chinese friends mom, she always likes to feed me and point out whats healthy and stuff lol. (generally the stuff that tastes gross is healthy :( )
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-11-07 15:03:12
Link | Citer | R

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9