So I Got The Lady At McDonalds In Trouble

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » So I got the lady at McDonalds in trouble
So I got the lady at McDonalds in trouble
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 12:05:07
Link | Citer | R

Man I wanna spit in someones burger now...
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 12:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
If you get fired from a phone call you were probably going to get fired

Well i don't literally mean just a phone call, but acting like a phone call can't get you fired is just ignorant, Vegetto's phone call could easily get this woman fired. Probably did, especially if he was aggressive. Implied lawsuit over the phone is still an implied lawsuit, it just depends how convincing you are.

I was very calm and polite with the man, said that it may not even be a serious issue, as I only took one bite, but I have to go get a check up, as I can never be too sure and told him that I'm glad it wasn't worse, as it could have been, and that she just really needs to pay attention to the customer instead of blowing them off while they're speaking.
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-11-07 12:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Oh northern california isn't like that at all.

word >.> norcal buncha mid teens getting summer jobs just take turns beating off into the ??? sauce and think it's funny....i stopped buying fast food i dont trust any mother *&^%$# making my food, thats why if i go out i bring a nice lunch "i made" lol
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-07 12:05:33
Link | Citer | R

So, her attitude towards you is justification of her getting fired?

Ever heard of a bad day?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 12:06:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:

Ever heard of a bad day?

Sure have, and that doesn't mean you go take it out on others, sorry.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 12:06:37
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

Well i don't literally mean just a phone call, but acting like a phone call can't get you fired is just ignorant, Vegetto's phone call could easily get this woman fired. Probably did, especially if he was aggressive. Implied lawsuit over the phone is still an implied lawsuit, it just depends how convincing you are.

Pretty good chance he sounded like an angry black guy, in which case the manager probably guessed he was bullshitting <_<

That's the whole point. Even if the manager knew he was bullshitting he still has to hold the pretense that he "cares". That's how it goes in customer service, you get crap 24/7 from customers. I wish some people in this thread would realize this. It's how the whole business branch works. Chances are high that there were no negative consequences for the employee.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 12:06:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:

Ever heard of a bad day?

Well, I have to draw the line of agreeing with you at this point. Bad day or not, she's being paid to give people good service. If she's having a bad day, she should get a grip of herself or expect to face the consequences.

I really hate people who use "Bad day" as an excuse for doing something wrong. :\
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 12:07:39
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I was very calm and polite with the man, said that it may not even be a serious issue, as I only took one bite, but I have to go get a check up, as I can never be too sure and told him that I'm glad it wasn't worse, as it could have been, and that she just really needs to pay attention to the customer instead of blowing them off while they're speaking.

Your paraphrase in the OP was so different to this xD
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-11-07 12:08:41
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Off topic but can you imagine being allergic to onion? What a miserable existence that'd be!

I hate onions, except the ones at Arrigatos Japanese Steak House and in BK's onion rings.

Do you hate the taste of onions, or do you just hate onions? There's a lot of exceptional foods with onions in that I just couldn't live without... Bolognese for a start!

Taste

At least you can eat some things with onions in if you can't really taste them then. :)

i seriously hate onions. i refuse to eat anything with them in. this limits me to chips and microwave food. everything about them is disgusting. taste, texture even the smell(before you say "they have no smell" they do! i can smell them.)
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 12:09:31
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
That's the whole point. Even if the manager knew he was bullshitting he still has to hold the pretense that he "cares". That's how it goes in customer service, you get crap 24/7 from customers. I wish some people in this thread would realize this. It's how the whole business branch works. Chances are high that there were no negative consequences for the employee.

It was never my point that the manager would fire her. McDonalds, like all chains, have head offices that make the rules up. If managers don't follow, they replace them. That's the point I made, McDonalds is no different.

I've never been a McDonalds Store manager (/ who has here), so I don't know for sure, but I bet they have some sort of policy when it comes to something as serious as neglect giving a customer an allergic reaction.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-07 12:09:32
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

Pretty good chance he sounded like an angry black guy, in which case the manager probably guessed he was bullshitting <_<

Yeah, but he only has to act like he cares until he hangs up the phone, then he can abuse the crap out of the retard customer as much as he wants (not actually implying you were a retard customer Vegetto, I just know what 99% of the world's work force really think of 99% of their customers :p)
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 12:10:22
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
(before you say "they have no smell" they do! i can smell them.)

That's weird, because a lot of people consider frying oninos one of the nicest smells. :(
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-11-07 12:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

That's weird, because a lot of people consider frying oninos one of the nicest smells. :(

i have to leave the house if people are frying onions. it literally makes me sick :(
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 12:12:31
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

i have to leave the house if people are frying onions. it literally makes me sick :(

Then I real do feel sorry for you. ;;
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 12:13:04
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

I used my impersonation of Dave Chapelle impersonating a white person voice.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 12:13:31
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

I used my impersonation of Dave Chapelle impersonating a white person voice.

Need to post with an audio clip next time. :D
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 12:14:56
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-07 12:15:30
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

It was never my point that the manager would fire her. McDonalds, like all chains, have head offices that make the rules up. If managers don't follow, they replace them. That's the point I made, McDonalds is no different.

I've never been a McDonalds Store manager (/ who has here), so I don't know for sure, but I bet they have some sort of policy when it comes to something as serious as neglect giving a customer an allergic reaction.

I dunno, I've been a pizza hut store manager and a video ezy (dvd chain down here) store manager, so it's hard to say. Certainly it's serious business giving people ***they're allergic to if they ask to not have it (we used to have a customer that was allergic to cheese, *** disgusting looking pizzas) but still, accidents happen. The important thing is to avoid the law-suit, which generally just involves being really nice, apologising a lot and offering free ***. I can't see firing the staff member helping, and more than anything if a case like that comes up it's a damn good lesson to the staff member to not *** up again. As a manager myself, I can honestly say that I would give the staff member a good talking to and that's it (unless they're a total screw up anyway), at least I would know then that that particular staff member would never make the same mistake again.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-07 12:18:05
Link | Citer | R

Btw, with the whole onion love/hate discussion that's going on, don't forget that Wooooooo is French <_<
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 12:20:21
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
Btw, with the whole onion love/hate discussion that's going on, don't forget that Wooooooo is French <_<

User submitted image

:(
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-07 12:21:07
Link | Citer | R

Oh crap, Italian, I don't know my flags <_<

Well, screw that stereotype then.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 12:21:52
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
Oh crap, Italian, I don't know my flags <_<

Well, screw that stereotype then.

In fairness, onions are a staple food of most italian dishes.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-07 12:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Odin.Blazza said:

User submitted image

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
here in England
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 12:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Odin.Blazza said:

User submitted image

Hahahaha.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 12:23:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Odin.Blazza said:

User submitted image

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
here in England

I didn't know you had to live in the country you were born in for all your life. :P
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 12:25:49
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Odin.Blazza said:

User submitted image

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
here in England

I didn't know you had to live in the country you were born in for all your life. :P

Didn't you know? That's how Americans live.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-07 12:27:32
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

Yeah...but you ARENT Italian.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-11-07 12:28:03
Link | Citer | R

The health and safety issue still stands regardless to if he is or isn't allergic to onion, trust me I work in a al la carte restaurant and take this very seriously.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-07 12:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
The health and safety issue still stands regardless to if he is or isn't allergic to onion, trust me I work in a al la carte restaurant and take this very seriously.

he already stated he was trying to get this woman fired because she didn't get his order right.

Or was it because she didn't give him a good attitude?

I forget what his excuse is for getting her fired.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 12:30:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Yeah...but you ARENT Italian.

How would you know? :\
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9