Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-18 11:43:00
Link | Citer | R

Anything that doesn't catch any/many fish. I did Frog lure in Port Bastok, only catches Cobalt Jellyfish, mostly rusty items
[+]
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Serveur: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2024-05-18 13:03:26
Link | Citer | R

Lugworms in Gusgen Mines -- you'll hook monsters, nothing, or rusty items only.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-18 13:24:34
Link | Citer | R

Safe to say charting this one is entirely pointless. Metrics alone, this round absolutely demolished the first one.
[+]
By waffle 2024-05-18 13:47:39
Link | Citer | R

Several places you can do it easily, but I did Windurst Walls next to Heaven's Tower (the bridge right next to the homepoint)with a sinking minnow. No monsters or fish will bite. Rusty items or gil only.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2024-05-18 14:28:07
Link | Citer | R

Is there a trick or technique to chocobo digging? Been at it for a while and haven't dug up a single item.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-18 14:30:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
Is there a trick or technique to chocobo digging? Been at it for a while and haven't dug up a single item.

Zones have world loot and with everyone out there exhausting the supply...

Pick a less full zone. Somewhere farther out, somewhere you haven't thought about in 10 years. Everyone is going to pick the easiest closest spot and clear it out.

Zones where you have to actually zone on a rental bird. Zitah, jugner, meriph, pashhow, valkurm
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-18 15:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Just did my digging for the day, went 10/41 on one character, 10/53 on the other. This should give you a rough idea of how many greens to buy before you head off.

I was the only 2 characters in the zone, not sure if anyone came before me but I doubt there were many, I got all 20 digs in the same zone (E Saruta)
 Bahamut.Zedoma
Serveur: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-05-18 15:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Digging behaves like the fishing fatigue system with 100-200, rental vs personal chocobo, item limit per character now. Unfortunately rentals don't have great dig accuracy compared to a personal raised chocobo.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2024-05-18 16:28:22
Link | Citer | R

If you happen to be "Lucky" (or other reasons) to be hit by 99999 damage from Everyone's grudge type moves in ambu then that's a quick 100 Plaudits XD
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-05-18 18:21:14
Link | Citer | R

waffle said: »
Several places you can do it easily, but I did Windurst Walls next to Heaven's Tower (the bridge right next to the homepoint)with a sinking minnow. No monsters or fish will bite. Rusty items or gil only.

Thanks for this! It is very quick. Can get a sinking minnow from any of the shops on the boats.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-18 18:28:06
Link | Citer | R

Is there something needed to be done to unlock digging in shadowreign?

I was unable to dig in meri[s] even after 5 minutes. I figured that area would be obscure enough.

Wound up banging it out in ~10 min in Tahrongi.
By Moonlightagb 2024-05-18 20:03:26
Link | Citer | R

Is the wiki correct for the vanabout ethereal weapons not being on any porter slips for storage? Usually they make their cosmetic equipment storable, do we think they overlooked these since they've been out since last event?
By Beau 2024-05-18 23:37:24
Link | Citer | R

In my experience they always add new lv 1 cosmetic, useless, so-thats-what-the-dev-team-does-all-day-is-think-of-new-BS-items-only-a-certain-minority-playerbase-wants items to storable slips at least a month later. Almost every update patch notes says new storable items have been assigned to slips. Rest assured they will be added as storable IF NOT ALREADY (assuming no one knows because item can’t be obtained yet unless the reward period starts early when the overall objective is met).

The real question is which new red non-shiny weapon are you getting?
By Beau 2024-05-18 23:51:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Safe to say charting this one is entirely pointless. Metrics alone, this round absolutely demolished the first one.

Based on the vana’bout notes saying that all objectives are automatically set unlike regular ROE (and although I wasn’t around for the last vana’bout to confirm functionality) I think it’s safe to assume that the speed in which this overall goal is getting done is largely correlated to auto-set ROEs. Those doing Ambu who don’t care about the laughable vana’bout rewards are still contributing and they can’t not-contribute.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 00:10:02
Link | Citer | R

Once again:
The Dec 2023 Vana'Bout was 10 daily objectives that rewarded 10 plaudits each. The objectives catered to soloists and required doing an instanced event with limited space three times a day (minimum). The top 1% of the playerbase could bang it out in ~25 minutes (or so they said?), the same cant be said for the other 99%. There were 5 one-time objectives were worth a total of 150 plaudits. One of these objectives was "clear ambu within 5 min 20 times". Now, that goal in itself isnt difficult, but doing it while trying to bang out the daily objectives is impossible, which means you're probably Ambu 4 times a day now. And then theres the "get 24k Gallantry" goal, which means you're doing another 0-2 Vol1 VD every day to reach that goal, because you werent screwing around with your entire party doing skillchains and what not in vol1 VD. No one wanted to do 4-6 ambuscades EVERY DAY.
On top of all that, based on how many plaudits were available in total (1550 I believe?), missing one day was almost enough to put you out of the running for gold tier.

The current Vanabout has 4 Ambuscade goals that only require one win and all goals can easily be attained in one run in about 5 minutes, worth 50 plaudits. There are 5 other non-ambu related goals of mostly mild annoyance and mostly minimal difficulty (the Emptyness ENM's and Generals Camp seem to be the the only problematic ones due to lvl cap). Thare are 150 plaudits available on the dailies. The 6 one-time objectives are worth 440 plaudits in total.
The high number of plaudits available (2540 I believe) made this vanabout more relaxed, and missing a day or two didnt automatically put you out of the running for all rewards.

December 2023 and May 2024 Vana'Bout are two VERY VERY different beasts.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-05-19 02:35:21
Link | Citer | R

Welp, today my completed VBD's were removed but no new quests showed up.... SO I guess I have 0 chance of a silly title lol. Thanks SE, real balanced
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-19 04:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Beau said: »
Those doing Ambu who don’t care about the laughable vana’bout rewards are still contributing and they can’t not-contribute.
It is true that the auto set/reset are attributing a likely significant amount. If you do any ambu on any character, you have no choice but to contribute. You can't even show your disinterest by protesting and not participating some amount, if you want the money from your usual source.

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Welp, today my completed VBD's were removed but no new quests showed up.... SO I guess I have 0 chance of a silly title lol. Thanks SE, real balanced
Sucks to the people having their VBDs erased, they're going to have to add extra days and/or rewards, but it is impossible (for them!) to make you specifically, whole.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-19 07:48:24
Link | Citer | R

ehr...

So I just entered Ambu V2 VD and Vana'bout menu became greyed out and I couldn't enter it.
Objectives weren't being counted, at least in the chat box.
When I went out all my incomplete objectives were reset, even the non repeatable ones.

I was almost done with the Gallantry and Damage ones, now they're back to zero.
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-05-19 08:24:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Sucks to hear it hit someone else :-(
Were you capped on 31/30 current Records of Eminence quests?
That's what I was at when it happened, just wondering if that might be a trigger for it messing up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-19 08:43:05
Link | Citer | R

I was assuming you guys were zoning or logging too close to midnight, but being capped on roes could be causing issues.

Possibly not, considering how rare the bugs seem to be, but I'd still try to avoid it.
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-05-19 08:54:46
Link | Citer | R

I was assuming you guys were zoning or logging too close to midnight, but being capped on roes could be causing issues.

Possibly not, considering how rare the bugs seem to be, but I'd still try to avoid it.
No I was just afk bazaaring, quests were gone when I woke up and checked my character, no zoning/logging around the time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-19 08:56:56
Link | Citer | R

I turned on 31/30 and zoned a bunch and ran around, nothing greyed or vanished, so it's not as simple as that at least quickly.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-19 09:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Granted my issue seems to be slightly different, but I was far from JPmidnight and nowhere close to being capped on RoEs

What I did is perform (got credit for it) for the 1x Monster Rearing thing, and the 2x Pioneer Coalition one.

After that I zoned into Ambu V2 VD and the Vana'bout menu was greyed out and unaccessible.
I received no credit for the RoEs I wanted to do (more damage received, then 3x Magic Burst, 500 Fire damage and clear ambu once)

When I zoned out because I completed Ambu, the Vana'bout menu was accessible again but several objectives had swapped out, the ones I completed (both dailies and non daily) disappeared and the 2 only non-daily I had almost completed but not yet (total Gallantry, total damage received) had reset to zero% completition.

I have no clue if my plaudits got lower, but I think not?
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-05-19 09:49:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Granted my issue seems to be slightly different, but I was far from JPmidnight and nowhere close to being capped on RoEs

What I did is perform (got credit for it) for the 1x Monster Rearing thing, and the 2x Pioneer Coalition one.

After that I zoned into Ambu V2 VD and the Vana'bout menu was greyed out and unaccessible.
I received no credit for the RoEs I wanted to do (more damage, I was close to capped but not yet, then 3x Magic Burst, 500 Fire damage and clear ambu once)

When I zoned out because I completed Ambu, the Vana'bout menu was accessible again but several objectives had swapped out, the ones I completed (both dailies and non daily) disappeared and the 2 only non-daily I had almost completed but not yet (total Gallantry, total damage received) had reset to zero% completition.

I have no clue if my plaudits got lower, but I think not?
Annoying that they intro'd the ranking system tied to a title with this without it having been tested thoroughly.
Should have just made it you get a title for getting that 3rd tier of rewards or something.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-19 09:57:44
Link | Citer | R

Well of course they werent going to test it. What do you think they get paid to run this like its some kind of live service where they earn money for doing a job. laughable.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-19 10:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Aaand we're already back to day 1's objective list. What's that, five unique days' worth of objectives?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-19 10:08:01
Link | Citer | R

4, and some of day 4 were repeats but no one posted the day 4 ss

WS > Stay alive > MB > Stay alive

Campaign OP > Angler > Pioneer > Angler (?)

500 light
Chocobo Dig
Rearing
Eternal Life
Master Angler
Heroine's Tower
Swarm?
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-05-19 10:24:20
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Sucks to hear it hit someone else :-(
Were you capped on 31/30 current Records of Eminence quests?
That's what I was at when it happened, just wondering if that might be a trigger for it messing up.

Yes I was apparently...

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
No I was just afk bazaaring, quests were gone when I woke up and checked my character, no zoning/logging around the time.

Same, went to bed afk in mog house, woke up with nothing new.

I was under the impression i'd get more quests the next day... but I didnt today either. Am I just never going to get more vana'bout dailies? what the hell

EDIT: How does one even report this? Do I need to make a post on the POL forums or something. I feel like they don't even read that stuff
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-19 10:34:24
Link | Citer | R

They already know and are already "working on it"
[+]
 Asura.Alfylicious
By Asura.Alfylicious 2024-05-19 10:51:05
Link | Citer | R

Just checked the new dailies. I can confirm today's are the exact same as the very first round. It will likely repeat every 4 days until the conclusion. Only 3 that require 3 or more people are incursion(rotation 1,) swarm and heroines holdfast (both rotation 4.)

I've been trying to do them every day but was locked out of the first monster rearing because I had already raised 3 pets and interacted with them prior to go live. That's what I get for being a ffxi tryhard ***** lol.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17