Akira Toriyama Passed Away.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Akira Toriyama passed away.
Akira Toriyama passed away.
VIP
By Lili 2024-03-08 05:13:21
Link | Citer | R

RIP

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4PSRooL5Kz/

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2024/03/08/dragon-ball-akira-toriyama-dies/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-68444060
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-03-08 05:13:33
Link | Citer | R

[reserved]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-03-08 10:53:08
Link | Citer | R

Rest in Peace.

Kamahameha
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-03-08 12:13:44
Link | Citer | R

What a Legend - Rest in Power
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-08 12:16:08
Link | Citer | R

Of course saddened by the loss of someone so talented, who also had such a huge impact on so many, but there is part of my that is happy for him. I think these days we overvalue just the number one lives to, not what they do with the years given to them- not to mention he was given a wonderful gift (in my eyes, I certainly don't expect all to agree) in the way he left this world- not all are given such a quick passing without pain or suffering.

Again, I understand that death is rarely something we celebrate. But 68 years with the legacy he has is a wonderful life lived. So salute to what he brought to the world is the route I choose to view this in rather than regret or sorrow.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-08 12:59:02
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Tanag 2024-03-08 16:20:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
not all are given such a quick passing without pain or suffering.

A subdural hematoma can be incredibly painful sadly, and are often caused by a serious head injury. Hopefully, his was not :(

RIP to the OG SSJ
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-08 16:28:40
Link | Citer | R

A sad reality of our societies these days is new generations are not creating people of this quality anymore, so the loss of amazingly creative people like this is an even greater loss than it would have been generations ago.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-08 16:49:54
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
A sad reality of our societies these days is new generations are not creating people of this quality anymore, so the loss of amazingly creative people like this is an even greater loss than it would have been generations ago.
I was gonna say something about how all the anime/manga/jrpg geniuses are old af
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-03-08 18:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
RadialArcana said: »
I was gonna say something about how all the anime/manga/jrpg geniuses are old af

Creativity requires an environment of freedom of thought in which to flourish.

I expect there are extremely creative stories being written. I also expect the authors are much too afraid to let them out lest their lives be ruined. Same with the production companies that would normally finance their release.

/hattip to one of the best.

RIP
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-03-08 18:10:45
Link | Citer | R

I have never been an anime fan, but am a huge fan of Chrono Trigger, so this one hurts. He was the character designer for the game. RIP Toriyama.

His studio also created the animated cutscenes for the 1999 PlayStation port of Chrono Trigger. This is one of my favourite scenes in any video game, period.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-08 19:23:21
Link | Citer | R

-Yuji Horii
[+]
By Pulptenks 2024-03-16 18:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Late to post on this but rest in peace Akira Toriyama Sensei.

You were not a perfect being, you had your mistakes and wrongs like anyone else on world. But you aspired to push for you visions and creativity and managed to create something that influence the gaming world. Shaping the anime culture and making it spread out global.

I remember every Friday night, YTV was where Dragon Ball was Aired. One of the only thing pulling me off FFXI or Starcraft Brood War was to sit and enjoy Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragonball GT. It was great, something anyone could tolerate watching playing in the house.

Chrono Trigger and Dragonquest are titles I've got into only after knowing Akira Toriyama's artwork was used into it. They were fun games.

May you find eternal peace, thank you for your hard work and delivered passion, Toriyama Sensei.
[+]