Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Abandoning Geo quest
Abandoning Geo quest
 Phoenix.Tegann
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Tegann
By Phoenix.Tegann 2024-01-10 09:28:51
Link | Citer | R

Hello! Can anyone tell me how to abandon Saved by the Bell? I've talked with Sylvie and Nhili Uvolep and don't get the option. I was able to get the numbing blossom ki for epeo but can't trade hp bayld.

Thanks so much for any info.
 Asura.Jenniferrr
Serveur: Asura
user: Pirates
By Asura.Jenniferrr 2024-01-10 09:40:43
Link | Citer | R

Note: If you are working towards an Epeolatry, you will need to complete or quit that weapon to begin working on Idris. You will lose all materials deposited if you quit, but you will keep your Broken rapier hilt key item, and can restart it immediately.
However, after completing any part after completing part 1, before trading your Nodal Wand to Runje Desaali to begin the next part, any part of Quiescence may be started and finished without having to restart either quest from the beginning.
By Tegann 2024-01-10 10:11:08
Link | Citer | R

Thanks. Yes, I read that. The problem I'm having is finding any info on how to quit Idris. Any ideas?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-10 10:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Did you try starting the Epeolatry quest?
By Tegann 2024-01-10 11:49:21
Link | Citer | R

Well, I was able to use the pickaxe and get the KI's, and I have a Broken rapier hilt KI now. But when I go talk to the NPC who you trade mats & hp bayld to, she doesn't accept the 100 to give me the Vial of crimson catalyst, which starts the ability to trade mats I think.

I know I must be missing something but can't figure it out. Appreciate the response!
 Asura.Jenniferrr
Serveur: Asura
user: Pirates
By Asura.Jenniferrr 2024-01-10 11:50:11
Link | Citer | R

I know I quit it when I decided to go for Epeo instead. Pretty sure you just talk to Nhili Uvolep. Also, if you're doing the weaponskill trial you will have to quit/completed that as well. I think it interferes with the cut scene you need. I just finished my trial and moved on iirc.
By Tegann 2024-01-10 12:30:05
Link | Citer | R

So aggravating. I don't have a blade of trials, haven't started Dimidiation quest. I talked to Nhili Uvolep several times and get nuthin but the normal menu and she won't take hp bayld.

Thanks for trying to help.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-01-10 14:29:59
Link | Citer | R

Tegann said: »
I talked to Nhili Uvolep several times and get nuthin
but, you never trade her hp-bayld. do you mean Runje Desaali?
By Tegann 2024-01-10 14:32:55
Link | Citer | R

I screwed up names! I have tried trading the hp-bayld to Runje. She just ignores me. I have tried talking to Nhili multiples and she keeps telling me i'm a hero or something. When I go back to the RUN quest giver, he just wants to give me a trial blade for the ws trial. I'm getting nowhere and I'm hours into this. /scream lol
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-01-10 14:34:23
Link | Citer | R

I screwed up names! I have tried trading the hp-bayld to Runje. She just ignores me. I have tried talking to Nhili multiples and she keeps telling me i'm a hero or something. When I go back to the RUN quest giver, he just wants to give me a trial blade for the ws trial. I'm getting nowhere and I'm hours into this. /scream lol
yeah you dont trade to her mats, you trade them to her little leafkin buddy
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-10 14:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Take the trial weapon
Talk to him again, say you want to continue
Then talk to him again
By Tegann 2024-01-10 14:39:15
Link | Citer | R

I'll try that. I suspect it it that I have the enblazened handbell, though. Wiki said to trade the 100 hp-bayld to Runje, but I can try the leafkin.
By Tegann 2024-01-10 14:41:00
Link | Citer | R

I get the same messages after taking the trial blade. Tried 6 times.

Trading hp-bayld to the leafkin doesn't work either.

BG-wiki says that I need to abandon the Idris quest, but I cannot find any information anywhere on how to do that.

Thank you all so much for trying. I'm determined but losing hope.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-01-10 14:45:21
Link | Citer | R

Ok lets take a step back and verify a few things.

1. is Quiescence in your quest log?
2. do you have the key items? (like actually open the menu and see that Broken rapier hilt and Enlightened Endeavor are there)
3. what specifically does Runje say when you talk to her?
4. what does the leafkin say when you talk to him?
By Tegann 2024-01-10 14:48:12
Link | Citer | R

I do not have it active. That is what I'm trying to do. It's supposed to start *after* you trade 100 hp-bayld to Ruje. Instead, "Saved by the Bell" is there.

I do have both broken rapier hilt and enlightened endeavor.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-01-10 14:50:42
Link | Citer | R

Instead, "Saved by the Bell" is there.
So do you have a Rusted Handbell key item?
By Tegann 2024-01-10 14:52:53
Link | Citer | R

I have an enblazened handbell, not rusted.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-01-10 14:55:48
Link | Citer | R

I have an enblazened handbell, not rusted.
Ok so you have already traded, 100 hp-bayld to start that, I would just finish saved by the bell part one, not to long anyway once you have the Nodal Wand I you can switch to Epeo as it wont be blocking you from progressing
By Tegann 2024-01-10 14:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Ugh. There's a reason I didn't finish Idris. But thanks for the advice. Guess no epeo for me.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-01-10 15:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Ugh. There's a reason I didn't finish Idris. But thanks for the advice. Guess no epeo for me.
the fight is not to bad now, just have a good nuke set and some regen/refresh and make sure to nuke with the element the bubbles are weak to.
By Tegann 2024-01-10 15:20:18
Link | Citer | R

0/82 would suggest you're wrong. lol

It's a mechanic I could never master or understand. Had to let it go. I really do appreciate the encouragement, and I understand pretty much everyone else in the game marches thru that fight.

Just not me.
[+]