Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » HorizonXI » Please open If Horizon had a $1 monthly fee again
Please open If Horizon had a $1 monthly fee again
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21
By Draylo 2023-12-11 15:42:18
Link | Citer | R

This guy had been waiting literally 40m in a party for everyone to gather. Then at the end his wife wants him to cook so he /shutdown mid fight after all that waiting. The purest 75 era experience, isn't it fun?

1:53:00 to 2:31:00
https://youtu.be/vq-nJR97NhM?si=fO-AlP09e3iMX5TU
 Asura.Sensarity
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-12-11 15:49:32
Link | Citer | R

When you hate a thing so much you look up and watch a 3 hour video to prove to everyone how much you hate it
[+]
 Asura.Gweivyth
user: gweiv
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-11 15:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Some people like having their testicles stepped on, I'm not here to kink shame.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-12-11 15:51:30
Link | Citer | R

Mee Deggi was mine. I've lost track of how many times I rage quit camping that stupid bird. I still warp out there and kill it for funsies sometimes. Not only was it competing with the RMT types, it was the stupid drop rate and I got extremely unlucky with it. Even after they changed kotes to be R/Ex, it was constantly camped and his range was just far enough to be annoying or for someone to kill it before you realized it. Running around as a NIN or SAM without them got me accosted several times early on.

I like being able to *** about it with people who had similar experiences, mutual experiences and all that, but it was stupid design in 2005 and it is a stupid design now. It's even worse for the HNMs, why anyone would want to relive that is beyond me.

I think some people confuse difficulty with tedium. I have complaints about current content but I have no desire to relive that type of "difficulty", Sortie is daily/long but at least you know you are getting something out of it. All that said, it's a common thread on /r/ffxi that you can solo anything and 75 was flawless, some going as far as to claim you can solo v25, so some people just aren't worth engaging with because they haven't touched retail in a decade to know what it is or isn't.
[+]
By Mrxi 2023-12-11 15:53:12
Link | Citer | R

These community do not belong together but, retail is gr8 should all give it a try and Horizon bad beep beep beep boop.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-12-11 15:53:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sensarity said: »
When you hate a thing so much you look up and watch a 3 hour video to prove to everyone how much you hate it

I barely watch a minute of it honestly, its more a laugh than actually watching it which would be like watching paint dry. I saw another video of his where he takes literally 20m to run to palborough mines or some zone. This is the content they are saying is superior.
 Asura.Sensarity
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-12-11 15:54:31
Link | Citer | R

doesn't change the fact you're actively searching for them and commenting on them lmfao
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-11 15:54:42
Link | Citer | R

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, Primes are heavy
There's vomit on his Malignance already, Arrabbiata spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface, he looks calm and ready
To drop Mobs, but he keeps on forgetting
What the mobs weakness is now, the Aura goes atk down
He opens his macros, but the actions won't come out
He's chokin', how? Everybody's jokin' now
The clock's run out, time's up, over, blaow
Snap back to reality, ope, there goes groups veracity
Back to FFXIAH to ask for a better strategy
[+]
By Draylo 2023-12-11 15:55:56
Link | Citer | R

doesn't change the fact you're actively searching for them and commenting on them lmfao

They show up in my feed under FFXI.. I take some coffee in the morning and look at memes, FFXI, news etc. Takes me literally seconds to reply, not as much strength as you are implying.
 Asura.Sensarity
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-12-11 15:58:53
Link | Citer | R

it's more than 0, which is the amount of time I'd spend on something I actively hate
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-12-11 15:59:58
Link | Citer | R

it's more than 0, which is the amount of time I'd spend on something I actively hate
One more post to hit 100! You know what to post for us! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 Asura.Sensarity
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-12-11 16:00:14
Link | Citer | R

I'm gay
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-11 16:02:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm gay

take me...
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-12-11 16:02:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm gay
[+]
By Draylo 2023-12-11 16:02:34
Link | Citer | R

I don't hate it, I couldn't care enough to actively hate something or someone video game related. I haven't reported anyone or anything or made any calls to action. I do dislike quite a number of things about it, but I think its funny when you compare the content they are doing while also attacking retail..
 Asura.Gweivyth
user: gweiv
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-11 16:04:43
Link | Citer | R

It is definitely kinda unhinged to invest that much time watching a video about a thing you don't care about, I don't think I'm the only person here who won't be able to relate to that.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-11 16:06:12
Link | Citer | R

Not trying to pick on this guy specifically but I skimmed through a couple of his videos and I am still struggling with understanding the appeal. He spent hours on BLM/BST charming a mob, siccing it, then standing nearby it with a scythe, swinging every 5 seconds and then WSing every 5 minutes. This is pretty much what I expect out of pre-75 FFXI: standing AFK staring at the mob, waiting until it dies (presumably of old age). Occasionally he uses Drown (lol) or a pet Sic ability.

I'm sure this isn't everyone's experience on Horizon and at level 75 it's different, but this is exactly how I remember the original era experience. Spending several minutes working down a single mob for 125 EXP, while not actually pressing any buttons on the keyboard for very long periods of time. There's no decisions being made, no action whatsoever, just staring at the screen.

Probably makes for a great game for streamers, since you can engage with the chat the whole time because you aren't actually doing anything in-game. Possibly explains the popularity of Horizon streams vs FFXI streams, the people playing FFXI are too busy actually doing things to engage with the chat.

Edit: Oh, and that also explains the other thread where the streamer said they were posting on FFXIAH to create drama they could read on stream to their chat, because they need something to do while standing AFK waiting for a replacement to their EXP party. Or while standing AFK waiting for a lottery spawn NM to pop. Or while walking through a zone.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-12-11 16:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gweivyth said: »
It is definitely kinda unhinged to invest that much time watching a video about a thing you don't care about, I don't think I'm the only person here who won't be able to relate to that.

It's unhinged to spend a minute on a video that pops into your feed about a game you've played for 20 years and is a current hot topic for discussion. You heard it here, think whatever you want, I couldn't care less what internet peoples opinions of me are. The video was in line with the discussion, this is the content they are doing.
 Asura.Sensarity
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-12-11 16:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I think its funny when you compare the content they are doing while also attacking retail..
I don't hate retail though
I love them both, that's why I don't get why you ***on it so hard lmao
it's supremely *** stupid to ***on people for enjoying something you don't
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Draylo 2023-12-11 16:16:10
Link | Citer | R

I didn't say you hated it, you are the only one using that word atm. I was talking in general, that they are attacking retail for its content (saying we only have two events and everything is botted and boring) yet they are doing things like waiting 40m for a party to start and then log off shortly after.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2023-12-11 16:16:41
Link | Citer | R

it's supremely *** stupid to ***on people for enjoying something you don't
You know how it goes, "stop liking what I don't like"
 Asura.Sensarity
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-12-11 16:20:43
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
they are attacking retail for its content (saying we only have two events and everything is botted and boring) yet they are doing things like waiting 40m for a party to start and then log off shortly after
show me in the 3 hour video where the person you attacked on youtube shat on retail
By Draylo 2023-12-11 16:24:29
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't talking about him specifically, in general the Horizon XI crowd (just this whole week debating w/Homstar and him repeating that retail only has two events.) This guy was just used as an example of the content they are doing.
 Asura.Sensarity
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-12-11 16:25:43
Link | Citer | R

then why are you attacking a random person on youtube because some people on an unrelated forum were mean to you?

do you see how *** dumb and toxic you're being for no reason?

dude's just having a fun time playing his game and you leave comments putting him down
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-11 16:26:05
Link | Citer | R

While we're on the topic of this guy's video though: what in the world are those mandies and goobbues doing wandering around in the water?
By Draylo 2023-12-11 16:28:12
Link | Citer | R

then why are you attacking a random person on youtube because some people on an unrelated forum were mean to you?

do you see how *** dumb and toxic you're being for no reason?

dude's just having a fun time playing his game and you leave comments putting him down

I didn't attack him or put him down, I just commented on what I saw as in its a fact. No personal attacks and its interacting with his content so maybe he doesn't care or he would delete it.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Serveur: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2023-12-11 16:29:54
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Horizon doesnt even have a 75 era claim system. Theres a short window for everyone to act on it, then it picks one person at “random” for claim.
A page late here, but they actually don't even have *this* anymore to my knowledge -- the current claim system for kings involves everyone standing in the pop area and the nm pops auto-claimed to a nearby player within a certain radius chosen 'completely at random (please trust)'. No action necessary, even afk bodies can claim.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-12-11 16:30:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
take me...

home country ROoOoOoOoaAAaAaaad
[+]
 Ragnarok.Casey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2023-12-11 16:48:58
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
While we're on the topic of this guy's video though: what in the world are those mandies and goobbues doing wandering around in the water?
Without writing a novel, the navmesh and roaming systems aren't good enough to support that kind of stuff yet. It appears (by observation) that SE used a pathnode type system and LSB uses a navmesh generated (and sometimes hand edited) from zone .DATs. If the pathnodes are in the .DATs nobody's found them yet.

It will get fixed eventually, but it's not exactly a priority when there's uncountable systems wrong or partially or not implemented at all.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-11 17:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Aerandir said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Horizon doesnt even have a 75 era claim system. Theres a short window for everyone to act on it, then it picks one person at “random” for claim.
A page late here, but they actually don't even have *this* anymore to my knowledge -- the current claim system for kings involves everyone standing in the pop area and the nm pops auto-claimed to a nearby player within a certain radius chosen 'completely at random (please trust)'. No action necessary, even afk bodies can claim.
THATS EVEN WORSE LMAO
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21