V.Cloak
First Page 2
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-05 14:13:02
Link | Citer | R

I have a question about scholar. Is it honestly needed to have a V.Cloak? I skipped it on whm+smn so far, And don't overly like the 400k price tag on it when I could spend it on better things. Any pro/cons, or insights, would be appreciated.
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-05 14:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Yes, yes you do.

Really though... Most gear isn't "needed". You'll probably be fine w/o it. =)
 Remora.Ninian
Serveur: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-05 14:20:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm a firm supporter of the Vermilion Cloak. I believe any job that can wear a refresh body (that can benefit from it) should have one. I use a cloak with Bard while Idling, and I'm very happy with it. I understand the price tag might scare people away, but it's well worth the investment for the number of jobs you can use it on. Even when having the SCH AFv2 body, wearing a V.Cloak while your sublimation recast timer is up is very handy, or whenever a RDM is actually casting refresh on you. (It's still better, even with AFv2 and fully meritted Sublimation.)

tl;dr

I believe it's a necessity, but I understand it's pricey.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-05 14:20:51
Link | Citer | R

So you're 58 SCH? I was mainhealing a Lv58 party yesterday on BLU (no Vermy) to see how it'd go and it went fine. Between Sublimation and Aspir, you shouldn't ~need~ it, per se, but it'd be a nice thing to have for sure. There's always Argute for enhanced Sublimation when you hit 75.
 Hades.Medjai
Serveur: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-11-05 14:23:09
Link | Citer | R

if i remember right you dont need it for SCH because you lose the extra tick from sublimation at 60 if you keep using vermy but then again i havent been in the game for about a year but thats what it was like when i was playing i think the enhanced sublimation from motorboard gives you a better mana regen then the vermy
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-05 14:24:57
Link | Citer | R

I'm commonly fine with mp, and always understand dark art>aspir(Aside on normal colibri, since the whole cast back thing....) but yeah. I could get one, but I level cheaply, And space is usualy an issue <.<;;;

Anyway. Yeah, I forgot to say, I'm 58sch
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-05 14:26:06
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Medjai said:
if i remember right you dont need it for SCH because you lose the extra tick from sublimation at 60 if you keep using vermy but then again i havent been in the game for about a year but thats what it was like when i was playing i think the enhanced sublimation from motorboard gives you a better mana regen then the vermy

Eh?

Anyway, forgot about Mortarboard. That alone could essentially "substitute" for Vermy.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-05 14:27:16
Link | Citer | R

If you get one you won't regret it. You can use it on WHM too, and BRD, and RDM, and whatever other mage job you wish to level. It really isn't that expensive either, and it's worth the money anyway to swap in while just standing there.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-05 14:28:44
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Hades.Medjai said:

Eh?

Anyway, forgot about Mortarboard. That alone could essentially "substitute" for Vermy.

If you're doing events and have a RDM, they should be refreshing you. Having a Vermy during that time is super nice. Also between sublimation recasts. Also WHM should have a refresh body be it Vermy or the more expensive Noble's Tunic.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-05 14:31:02
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If you're doing events and have a RDM, they should be refreshing you. Having a Vermy during that time is super nice. Also between sublimation recasts. Also WHM should have a refresh body be it Vermy or the more expensive Noble's Tunic.

Noble's is 100-150k on Fairy, lol.
[+]
 Hades.Medjai
Serveur: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-11-05 14:32:02
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Quote:

its 130k on gilgamesh xD
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-05 14:33:13
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Sure it's nice, but you can easily get by without it. You have one form of getting MP back steadily.

It really depends on what type of player you are. If you're an elitist and heavy into end game, every second and every piece of MP you have matters and there is no down time.

If you're just casual or playing the game for fun, you can easily get by without a 1mp/tic refresh. Especially in exp party situations.

SHUT YOUR *** MOUTH AND BUY A VERMY.

*cough* ....errr.

He's right but you should get one anyway. Who knows when you'll need the extra MP! I know I need it all the time, and more. :x
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-05 14:34:00
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Quote:

Woah wtf. When did that happen. OKAY DISREGARD WHAT I SAID.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-05 14:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Sure it's nice, but you can easily get by without it. You have one form of getting MP back steadily.

It really depends on what type of player you are. If you're an elitist and heavy into end game, every second and every piece of MP you have matters and there is no down time.

If you're just casual or playing the game for fun, you can easily get by without a 1mp/tic refresh. Especially in exp party situations.

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Quote:

Nobles was cheaper then v.cloak back when I got one.(Still is I think too) As you can see, I'm a 75whm, also have my pld and smn at 75, eventualy will have more up to 75. Anyway...

I do endgame, dyna I hardly ever see a refresh(Lazy rdm's... Ahem...) But, I get by fine commonly. I was just asking for pro-cons for getting a v.cloak. I know the refresh tick between sub uses(the whole 30 seconds its has for downtime..). I just don't see using it for 10mp between uses. I mean, I have money that I could easily get one, and will be making money off and on stedily(And spending butt-loads on currency X.x).

I'm an elitest, yet casual. I make everything work. If that makes sense. x.x
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Serveur: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-05 14:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Refresh piece at lv. 59 isn't too shabby, but I waited on my JSE for BLM. I can see it being good if you're needing the other stats also.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-05 14:44:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Well you certainly have the jobs to make it useful, even if you may already have nobles yinyang robe.

I'd say go for it, you'll have multiple uses for it that it'll pay for itself in the long run.

Both. Only thing I don't have is ares's, Thats a WIP right now <.<;;
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-05 14:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Ehhh up to you. It's nice for other jobs, etc. Maybe yell at your RDMs or something so you can get full use out of it, idk.

I guess if your SMN doesn't have a YY robe get one? It's nice for PLD also.

I suppose if you have a Noble's for WHM, having a situational piece for SCH isn't that important.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-05 14:50:41
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Ninian said:
Ehhh up to you. It's nice for other jobs, etc. Maybe yell at your RDMs or something so you can get full use out of it, idk.

I guess if your SMN doesn't have a YY robe get one? It's nice for PLD also.

I suppose if you have a Noble's for WHM, having a situational piece for SCH isn't that important.

Last quote already said about YYR/Nobles, and i said yes I have both ;x

Sorry to knit-pick. Ahem. But yeah, I really just wanted thoughs, and I did get them. Still not sure weather to go for it or not...
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-05 14:52:21
Link | Citer | R

Level BRD and/or RDM then get one! :D
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-05 15:00:21
Link | Citer | R

lol. Eventualy, I'll have all pre ToAH jobs 66+(Maats cap! XO) and then I'll get toah+WoTG jobs to 75 as well!

Ahem, yeah. Thanks folks
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-05 15:03:58
Link | Citer | R

V. Cloak is a nice thing to have, it's not NEEDED (although it's a damn nice idle piece) I shelled out the 400k (albeit I was shaky on doing that) and the only job I plan on using it for is BLU (maybe whm idle when I decide to do it again, and sometimes I idle on blm with it, but much better pieces again)

Get it if you can spend the gil or don't mind sacrificing on a few pieces otherwise just hold out.
 Midgardsormr.Piplup
user: Piplup
By Midgardsormr.Piplup 2009-11-05 15:55:30
Link | Citer | R

well since you have SMN, it's nice to have that piece when you do the BCNM 60 up in arms with 2 other smns. but for SCH at lower levels, it's nice to have, but at 75 it's only needed when you are not using Sublimation, or downtime of sublimation, (once you have the full sublimation set, you more than likely won't use the v.cloak anymore... at all) :P
 Bahamut.Branwen
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-11-05 16:03:29
Link | Citer | R

Ive got a vermy and I tend to stick it on when my sublimination is between uses. Tbh though the only reason I have it is because I crafted it (signed) for a friend, when he left he gave it back to me.
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-05 16:11:52
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Piplup said:
well since you have SMN, it's nice to have that piece when you do the BCNM 60 up in arms with 2 other smns.

A BLM can solo Up in Arms, so I guess SMN+BLM (or SCH+BLM since he also have SCH) is just fine :o No need to have 3 players for this and vermy is not needed also.
[+]
 Siren.Delirium
Serveur: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-11-05 16:45:39
Link | Citer | R

i think vermy is really a waste for sch, especially for 1 level. the enhanced sublimation from the AF head piece, along with any stats you'll gain from having a body piece at the same time, will out do the vermy post 60. Due to sublimation and refresh(spell) not stacking, RDMs probably wont be refreshing you unless you ask for it, which would only be when your sublimation recast isnt up (also the same time you'd wear your vermy).

so IN MY OPINION spending the gil for a vermy FOR the time you're going to actually have it equipped isnt a good choice, unless of course you dont ever use sublimation

Edit: what Bahamut.Branwen said
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2009-11-05 16:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Enhances Sublimation gear does nothing for you if you have a fully charged Sublimation or are waiting out the 30 seconds before you can start a new one.

One tick of auto refresh is the same as +3.3 hMP, something you'll have active every time you are idle. It matters. 400k is goddamn cheap for a single piece with that much hMP on it. Plus, why the hell do you not have one for your PLD?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-05 17:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Wait, so you're suggesting a vermy to a person that doesnt want more inventory, and is having gil issues, for the 30 seconds it takes to start up another sublimation charge?

It's not worth it if you dont need more inventory, if you're having MP issues, which I dont think you brought up, invite a bard for ballad, not a rdm.

I personally skipped it and have never had problems on sch with MP.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 17:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Forget just when sublimation is down... unless you have both relic and af to help out sublimation vermy wins most the time. MP now>> mp later.
First Page 2