| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-08 09:40:46
Link | Citer | R

People will do anything for money, it's a disease. Literally anything.

People only ever obey rules/laws etc because of the fear of punishment. When you stop the punishment their real selves show.

The bigger picture on "competition" is with square failing to enforce rules. They alter prices by allowing more sellers to go unhindered. Race to the bottom as square incentivizes suppliers and destroys demand by adding no new sellables. The risk used to keep the price up, every day you worry about having to start a new account. That risk was baked into the price, now that's completely gone.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-11-08 09:50:52
Link | Citer | R

The reason there are more Chinese like this is a cultural issue, not a racial one.

The predominant perspective amongst business and making money in China is that if you can get away with scamming, you should. This is the general, accepted attitude towards making money.

though this mentality has existed forever an any culture, the difference is in how widespread and accepted that way of thinking is. This way of thinking breeds corruption, selfishness and destroys civilization.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-11-08 09:50:55
Link | Citer | R

The reason there are more Chinese like this is a cultural issue, not a racial one.

The predominant perspective amongst business and making money in China is that if you can get away with scamming, you should. This is the general, accepted attitude towards making money.

though this mentality has existed forever an any culture, the difference is in how widespread and accepted that way of thinking is. This way of thinking breeds corruption, selfishness and destroys civilization.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-11-08 09:52:05
Link | Citer | R

This thread will end up a shitshow, but my 2 cents:
Most english-speaking RMT played the game prior to RMTing and have some sense of the community of the game and some genuine like for some aspects of the game (even ones like Eiryl that come off as jaded everywhere once loved the game). They also have a generally comfortable quality of life, not necessarily because of RMT, but because of the countries they live in.

Chinese RMT were hired at a sweatshop for the equivalent of $1.25/hr or less to slave away at the game as a job. They have no reason to be nice, and if they scam you they probably make a little extra money to make their lives less miserable. Their country's culture doesn't help things, either.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-08 10:04:23
Link | Citer | R

I think there's a story here and we're being deprived of the juicy details.

How many times have you RMT'd that you have a broad spectrum of understanding of the customer service levels between different companies?
If the prices were astronomically higher, why did you choose to buy from them instead of their competitors?
How much customer service is involved with purchasing gil?
How many companies (Chinese or otherwise) did you purchase from in order to come up with these generalizations?
How many times did you purchase from the same company?
How many times have you been scammed? What is the nature of these scams?

Could've just been one guy having a grumpy day and BAM his whole race is considered rude. Or maybe you're a connoisseur of gil buying and we all have a lot to learn about the ins-and-outs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-08 10:06:42
Link | Citer | R

All of those are pretty common sense. The generalized ones anyway.

Quote:
How many times have you RMT'd that you have a broad spectrum of understanding of the customer service levels between different companies?
He's asking about RMT who also scam, not really the RMTing part. It's two different things. The prices are high where they're high cause they can get it. See; next answer.

Quote:
If the prices were astronomically higher, why did you choose to buy from them instead of their competitors?
Advertising.

Quote:
How much customer service is involved with purchasing gil?
As much as any sale of anything.

Quote:
How many times have you been scammed? What is the nature of these scams?
Pay for assist in "whatever" and they just take the gil

Quote:
Could've just been one guy having a grumpy day and BAM his whole race is considered rude.
In general, there's the obvious stereotype. Thornyy covered the why. Their QOL is ***. Enough have to, and it's enough to say "all of them" Often referred to as "Chinese" just as an insult. Be they whatever nationality.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-08 10:31:17
Link | Citer | R

OK I guess I was thinking of RMT as "Real Money Trader" where you're paying them money for their services, not RMT as a person who mercs FFXI and then sells the gil to somebody else.

Your problems are on the FFXI side of things and not the giving your money to a company in exchange for gil side of the business.

Um...I guess people who actually have invested in their characters and play the game outside of RMT probably have a lot more concern for getting their character banned, having their reputation smeared, or getting future business. People who are doing it for a living probably don't give a half a ***, and make a new character with a new model, name, and re-obtain their shitty amount of gear in a weekend of botting. They can just shout on another $1 mule and nobody will be the wiser.

Seems pretty straight-forward to me.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-11-08 13:53:06
Link | Citer | R

The real question is, how lucrative is it to SE to have X number of throwaway galkan characters in S Gust being created (at least that's how it was on Fenrir) vs just saying screw it, we realize gil buying is a thing, we'll setup our own sales for 50 cents a mill. also just making up prices before someone comes in like "yo, it's 37.33333 cents per mill from Fendkhkjsdfkjsdfhhsfkdk"
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-08 13:55:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
The real question is, how lucrative is it to SE to have X number of throwaway galkan characters in S Gust being created (at least that's how it was on Fenrir) vs just saying screw it, we realize gil buying is a thing, we'll setup our own sales for 50 cents a mill. also just making up prices before someone comes in like "yo, it's 37.33333 cents per mill from Fendkhkjsdfkjsdfhhsfkdk"

They'd have to pay the GMs to actually be there to take questions and send the gil out. So I think the answer is obvious. Then add in they would actually have to enforce the rules so the players aren't undercutting the company price. More man hours. More GMs. Lost subs.

These guys are trying to slide by on the absolute barest minimum effort. Zero investment for profit > any amount of employees for less than 10x that profit
By gavroches 2023-11-08 17:35:09
Link | Citer | R

Can’t ban the RMT, they all crafters, the fake Galka is just to keep you/SE busy, they make no Gil in comparison to the cost/time investment. How do I assume they all crafters?!? Who in his mind will make 8 shields and craft most of the equipment for years? Crafting is the easiest script-able gil printing activity. At some point what do you do with those 16B Gil?!? Only been playing the game for 2 years but can clearly see thru
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-08 17:48:53
Link | Citer | R

gavroches said: »
Can’t ban the RMT, they all crafters, the fake Galka is just to keep you/SE busy, they make no Gil in comparison to the cost/time investment. How do I assume they all crafters?!? Who in his mind will make 8 shields and craft most of the equipment for years? Crafting is the easiest script-able gil printing activity. At some point what do you do with those 16B Gil?!? Only been playing the game for 2 years but can clearly see thru

I mean...a friend of mine has 6 shields, I have 4, another friend has 6 or 7 (I haven't asked lately) and AFAIK none of us have ever sold gil to another person for RL money so...players? All of us routinely do events and participate in the community.

I know loads of people who just have a single shield and just make items for that shield when they feel like it. The economy/crafting, at least on my server, it not run by RMT at all. I keep a pretty close eye on most of the high end crafted items and recognize most of the names, very few if any of them are RMT.

YMMV depending on server, but this has not been my experience with crafted items at all.
[+]
By drakefs 2023-11-08 18:01:49
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
The economy/crafting, at least on my server, it not run by RMT at all.

It is Carbuncle, there has to be an economy for someone to run it. I am mostly kidding.

Honestly though, it is one the biggest reasons that I still enjoy playing on Carbuncle vs another more populous server.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2023-11-08 18:23:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure what's more disturbing, this guy openly admitting that he buys Gil or no one blasting him for being a douche. The times they are a changin.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-08 18:38:28
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Zorik said: »
I'm not sure what's more disturbing, this guy openly admitting that he buys Gil or no one blasting him for being a douche. The times they are a changin.

I mean TBF he didn't say he buys gil, he said he pays gil to "RMT" mercs to play the game for him. Maybe he also bought that gil, but he hasn't said that.

Either way though, who cares? If he buys gil from an RMT or pays them gil for a merc, it doesn't affect me at all. Loads of returning players in my linkshell have bought gil from RMT and I've never noticed my QOL go down.

Maybe it's different on Asura, but my life in affected in close-to-zero ways by RMT existing. If anything, it's nice that some materials are more available because they're botting content.
[+]
By drakefs 2023-11-08 18:39:42
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Zorik said: »

If ya wanna buy gil, then buy gil. It doesn't change how I play the game.

Educating someone is generally more preferred then "blasting" someone. It looks like you view this as a "bad" thing, which I would not agree with.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-11-09 04:29:19
Link | Citer | R

My only interaction with RMTs are the Exp/JP/ML bot parties they run. On Asura, the majority have been very pleasant and fair. Even to the point of allowing me free time in their merc parties and carrying small conversations with them while bored.