Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Best TVR Ring for DD-Bard
Best TVR Ring for DD-Bard
By publix 2023-09-16 23:19:05
Link | Citer | R

Hello.

I was curious what everyone believes the best TVR ring for a DD Bard? I currently have a mage ring, but I'm switching back to BRD main and need to make the right decision.

-Cornelia's Ring: Weapon Skill Accuracy+10 Weapon Skill damage +10%

-Ephramad's Ring: STR+10 DEX+10 AGI+10 Accuracy+20 Attack+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+20 Physical damage limit +10%

-Lehko Habhoka's Ring: DEX+10 "Store TP"+10 Haste+10% Critical hit rate +10%
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-09-17 03:03:42
Link | Citer | R

I used Lekho's but can see an argument for Cornelia and Ephramad's. Personally, I ruled out Ephramad's because my BRD is rarely attack capped in the content that I do. Then you get to choose between improving Rudra's/Mordant damage a bit vs. More STP, no need to worry about haste cap in TP phase, and better Eviscerations.

If you are regularly closing with Rudra's (for instance, self skillchaining Apex monsters), I think Cornelia 's is probably better because it will boost your skillchain damage too.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-09-17 03:06:31
Link | Citer | R

The right choice is going to depend on what other gear and weapons you have.
Assuming your BRD is BiS on every slot (R25-R30 Nyame etc), probably Ephramad's.
I stopped asking which one was better for each job on the forums because they're all generally so good for specific types of gameplay and circumstances.
I just started experimenting with some of them since we can swap them with a low swap cool-down.
Lehko's definitely opened a huge amount of horizontal upgrades for me on several jobs. But it also was the most disruptive to my gearswaps lua's. it's been 3 months of 90% of my time spent tweeking Lua's.
By publix 2023-09-17 04:19:09
Link | Citer | R

I mainly SB/Cent spam :D
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-17 04:25:36
Link | Citer | R

Cornelia.
Ephramad is potentially better but you will rarely be that much overcapped on Att on BRD to benefit from it.
By publix 2023-09-17 07:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Cornelia.
Ephramad is potentially better but you will rarely be that much overcapped on Att on BRD to benefit from it.

Is this also true even with R20+ Nyame for Savage Blade? I'm not great at FFXI mathematics, just curious if BRD will ever see that "diminishing return" people speak of.

Thanks
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-17 07:29:20
Link | Citer | R

As soon as you equip more than one piece, it's diminishing returns.

Just another buzzword that people don't understand but use anyway.

A 10k ws + 10% is 11000
A 10k ws + 20% is "only" 9.1% more than 11000. That's what it means. It's still 20% more than base

No one but you can decide how often you're capping attack, when and/or where.
By Pantafernando 2023-09-17 07:38:51
Link | Citer | R

publix said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Cornelia.

Is this also true even with R20+ Nyame for Savage Blade? I'm not great at FFXI mathematics, just curious if BRD will ever see that "diminishing return" people speak of.

Thanks

If you compare WSD with PDL raw number, you would need to have 101 WSD before ring, so that it has lower returns than what 10 PDL adds.
By Pantafernando 2023-09-17 07:39:58
Link | Citer | R

Cornelia can also be used for Aeolian Edge.

Depending what you do, and I already see some cleaving with Aeolian Edge, thats one WS ephramed probably wont be helping as much
By publix 2023-09-17 07:52:32
Link | Citer | R

I appreciate it thank you. Does that mean I can get rid of my 5% WSD Ep ring from the AH period? or combine with with Cornelias? I'm doing the Regal Earring + Metamorph +1 combo for really good savage blade results.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-17 08:48:38
Link | Citer | R

More often than not I'd use Cornelia AND Epaminonda.
But other options (like thementioned Metamorph+1) can be perfectly valid alternative.
Sometimes slightly better, sometimes slightly worse. Kinda depends on the target, amount of buffs and of course type of WS. Epaminonda affects all 1/2 hits WSs, Metamorph would affect only WS that use the relevant stats as their prime modifier.
Other than Savage Blade (MND) and Mordant Rime (CHR) nothing else comes to mind. There's probably something else but uuuh, can't think of it right now.
By Shichishito 2023-09-17 09:21:37
Link | Citer | R

Let's face it, BRD is mr. superbuff himself. If a REMA BRD joins a group and there isn't already a COR and GEO RDM present or at least promised to be joining within the next minute they'll drop party and join one where they are present, with a flow chart type of certainty.

If BRD doesn't reach attack cap on a regular bases then what job does?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-17 10:47:40
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
If BRD doesn't reach attack cap on a regular bases then what job does?
DRK, WAR and BLU, to name the first three that come to mind.
By Shichishito 2023-09-17 11:16:17
Link | Citer | R

When was the last time you seen someone requesting BLU for a superbuff situation? 2016?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-17 11:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, I thought the point was to name a few jobs who an cap Att when BRD can't.
I guess your point was another then?
Or are you simply shifting the conversation towards another topic? I'm a bit lost atm.
By Pantafernando 2023-09-17 11:39:05
Link | Citer | R

He tried to point out BRD would have better ways to reach attack cap than other jobs, probably by self buffing double minuet and honor.

Still, minuets are fixed boost. They really need multipliers to be above high lv mobs defense.

The most standard buff setup would be one minuet and crooked chaos roll.

Still, usually this wont get that above 3k attacks.

You gonna need to drop high lv defense below 1k to even hope capping, let alone using pdl.

DD focused jobs can at least use berserk for extra multiplier, plus other native jas and buffs that brd doesnt have.

Also, despite having possibility of self casting minuet, brd has less options for acc. Eventually you gonna keep dropping minuets for madrigal.

So, i dont think brd in general are being consistently considered a dd like a cor consistently is. Its kinda the extra dps, always considering that for ws wall, it would be wise for they to drop savage blade to use a weaker ws
By Shichishito 2023-09-17 11:43:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm saying to cap attack on anything challenging superbuffs are required which means BRD will almost always be present, BLU on the other hand not so much.
It was a bit of a tongue-in-cheek reply that apparently got lost in text.

I can't remember the last time I've been in a superbuffed situation so I wouldn't really know wether BRD can cap attack or not but seeing them constantly surrounded by buffers I don't see why they should not.
By drakefs 2023-09-17 12:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Once you have access to Aria, I think you can safely rule out Ephramad's Ring.

I use Lehko because my BRDs TP set is not BiS and it allows me more flexibility when swapping pieces in and out.

If you are near BiS (or just BiS) and have access to Aria, Cornelia's is likely the way to go.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-17 15:15:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm using Cornelia's, though I have considered trying Ephramad's because BRD has very few sources of PDL and I'm almost always with a COR and most of the time with a GEO.

Never even considered Lehko because I don't need the haste on any job that I can think of, certainly not BRD with the gear I use. The 10 STP does beat 5/6 STP on Moonlight or Chirich (barely), but in the case of Moonlight, which I normally use, you lose 110 HP and 5 DT to get it. Evisceration damage would go up slightly, but I rarely use Evis on BRD and when I do, the damage sucks and there's basically no chance this ring would change that in any significant way.

If you don't have a way to cap gear haste without belt, it might be worth having Lehko to change your TP set around a little bit, but I think you'd probably run into problems capping DT in that case, just giving you a new problem while also dropping your WS damage.

I'm all in on Cornelia's, with the possibility of Ephramad's. This is all, of course, assuming you're a DDBRD only and don't consider other jobs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-17 15:50:17
Link | Citer | R

For people looking to cap haste without belt, don't forget Gleti's Knife exists.
It's "only" 2% haste, but for people stuck at 24 or 25 it might be the key to reach cap.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-17 17:31:18
Link | Citer | R

Didn't think of Gleti, though that would hurt DPS pretty significantly for a lot of WS where TP bonus dagger is viable.

Can also consider Linos, dropping 4 STP to get 3% haste if you need it to finish capping out equipment haste.
 Asura.Cariko
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2023-09-17 18:44:46
Link | Citer | R

I took Cornelia's ring because I hate thinking.

More accurately, I love thinking, and Lehko's ring is "Don't tempt me Frodo!" levels of "Just think of the possibilities. I could swap out a bunch of perfectly good gear pieces for ALL of my TP sets on ALL of my jobs ever and replace them with obscure things that might be very slightly better in niche circumstances!"

I can't afford to do that to myself anymore.

I'll probably do it eventually.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
By Slowforever 2023-11-01 12:32:58
Link | Citer | R

Lehko because twash crit set works for both brd and thf (my mains) super fun cping set which is mostly what I do to boost up other accounts
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-11-01 21:42:46
Link | Citer | R

publix said: »

Thanks

You are always experiencing the "diminishing return" people speak of, when it comes to any percentage based boost you increase by percentage points.