Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Avatar: base stats+
By Shichishito 2023-07-28 17:31:43
Link | Citer | R

Are there other buffs, debuffs or damage pacts that give Avatar: base stats+ a right to exist?

Please tell me they didn't make multiple avatar stat bonus pieces and a SU5 staff just for wind's blessing.
By Nariont 2023-07-28 17:39:36
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Please tell me they didn't make multiple avatar stat bonus pieces and a SU5 staff just for wind's blessing.

I've got some bad news for ya

phys rages have WSC, but its typically not near enough to be used over anything like bpd/da/etc which few of the stats+ have, never seen any testing on how much impact INT has on magical BPs. for debuffs its likely just macc if int/mnd has any effect on those
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2023-07-28 18:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Iirc avatars use INT like a WSC for magic pacts. There doesn't appear to be any dINT/MND tiers on anything.
[+]
By appleshampoo 2023-07-28 18:18:34
Link | Citer | R

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52561-Blood-Pact-Attribute-Data

take that for what you will
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
Serveur: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-07-28 22:03:53
Link | Citer | R

Are there other buffs, debuffs or damage pacts that give Avatar: base stats+ a right to exist?

Unfortunately you've answered your own question there.

There is always a better BPD, pet MAB or pet TP bonus for any and every other type of Blood Pact that is actually affected by stats+
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-07-28 22:32:23
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kruel said: »

Unfortunately you've answered your own question there.

There is always a better BPD, pet MAB or pet TP bonus for any and every other type of Blood Pact that is actually affected by stats+

Playing devil's advocate for a second, let's say Pet: DEX is the stat-mod for a given BP, is it really better to use BPD+10 in a given slot, over, say Pet: DEX+15?

I guess the only way to know is to try it, and even use an Altana's repast. We're kind of taking the easy, low-hanging fruit by saying BPD is automatically better, without having tried the former.

Ninja Edit: Don't pets also get +1 to every stat from Master Levels too? I mean maybe the Pet: DEX augment + ML50 SMN is better than BPD+10 at ML0? :shrug:

Friendly Disclaimer: I'm not an FFXI mathematician.
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-07-29 00:44:53
Link | Citer | R

I was somewhat convinced they'd pivot SMNs role away from the 30sec glass cannon to a competitive supporter after the severity of the AFAC nerf. SU5 SMN staff was kind of pointing in that direction.
Empy +3 and prime would have been a good opportunity to do that but now it looks like they didn't really consider that.

The nerf was executed so poorly that it also gimped apogee and skillchaining with other SMNs in the process, with that in mind extra BP dmg isn't as interesting anymore TBH.

I was more hoping for it to affect phalanx, stoneskin and what not.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-07-29 02:08:17
Link | Citer | R

The testing was done, by more than 1 summoner, who knows where that's at in the forum now though.

Even under the perfect gear circumstances and Master lvl 50 or whatever, also gotta take into account you wouldn't even consider those modifiers for any magical blood pact, or flaming crush also.

BPD and pet MAB are insane together.

Ends up boiling down to just physical blood pacts, and at master lvl 50, would you not want the +50 stats you get from master lvl 50 alongside all your BPD?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2023-07-29 02:25:33
Link | Citer | R

There is a JP site that actually has avatar stat breakdowns and damage formulas for BPs. It is buried in the Summoner Gearswap thread somewhere.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2023-07-29 02:28:32
Link | Citer | R

https://w.atwiki.jp/bartlett3/pages/329.html

Found it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-07-29 03:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Goddamn I was so young when I did this a decade ago: https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/114636-Monster-Avatar-Pet-damage?p=5628922&viewfull=1#post5628922
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2023-07-29 07:56:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to make sense of this Hybrid Pact Formula on the page I linked.

[Physics + magic performance calculation formula]

(Proximity D + SV function + status correction + fulfillment D) × Magnification × Attack and defense function × Contract performance damage
 +
(Physical Damage × 0.5 + Fulfilled D + Magic Damage) × Self-Attack / Enemy Defense × Contract Fulfillment Damage

Magnification - fTP
Contract Fullfillment Damage - BP Damage+
Fullfillment D - Blood Pact Damage Job Points bonus (+60)

The rest has me scratching my head.
By Tarage 2023-07-29 11:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Wait so the staff actually has a purpose? Last I had heard it had none. Other than Winds Blessing does it have any other uses? I made one years ago out of boredom.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-07-29 11:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Papesse tested Draumstafir a few years ago, the Chance of doubling "Blood Pact" status +25% does not work with wind's blessing, so the SU5 is worthless for it.
By Tarage 2023-07-29 12:09:07
Link | Citer | R

So it remains completely worthless?
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2023-07-30 09:57:33
Link | Citer | R

(Avatar Base Damage + SV function + Stat Mods(20% STR/INT) + JP Bonus Damage 0~60) × fTP × pDIF × Blood Pact Damage Boost
 +
(Physical Damage × 0.5 + JP Bonus Damage + Magic Damage) × Avatar MAB/Enemy MDB × Blood Pact Damage Boost

Anyone have any idea what the SV function is? Is listed as a table on the page but isn't exactly clear on how its determined.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-07-30 10:04:02
Link | Citer | R

searches pull it up as STR-VIT

https://wiki.ffo.jp/html/12087.html
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2023-07-30 10:15:32
Link | Citer | R

Ah, so its fSTR
By Felgarr 2023-07-30 12:25:23
Link | Citer | R

Tarage said: »
So it remains completely worthless?

I honestly have no idea. I wonder what it's use is intended to be, no matter how speculative or meager...
By Shichishito 2023-07-30 15:09:07
Link | Citer | R

are you guys sure it's supposed to boost atributes like str, dex...?
I always read "Chance of doubling "Blood Pact" status +25%" as a 25% chance to double the duration of blood pact ward status similar to what empy set bonus does.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-30 15:23:33
Link | Citer | R

yes. it's worded terribly.

It turns a STR 10% mod into STR 20%

AKA complete and total dumpsterfire

So like... Preditor Claws is 40% DEX (just random number) 25% of the pacts will have an 80% DEX mod instead
By Nariont 2023-07-30 15:30:41
Link | Citer | R

Everything iirc is min 30% single stat 20% if 2 stats, still it being only a chance occurance sucks and im not sure it wins for BP even when it does kick in.

If nothing else coulda possibly made stats+ more appealing vs other options, also still not sure if wards, mainly the healing ones have their own stat modifiers, though there's not too many of them to begin with, and debuffs afaik are either set values or based on smn skill

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46440/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide-v2/132/#3489038

Seems like it was competitve/better when the bonus procs on some BPs, but loses pretty bad when it doesnt, 25% is just too low a chance to be worthwhile