users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15
By RadialArcana 2024-02-28 13:08:49
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
RadialArcana said: »
So it was 13 when the game came out, till western politicians pressured Japan to increase it.

inb4 the lock

So you are ok with the age of consent being 13? You think 16 is too high?

I think they should do what they want to do and not have American imperialists pressure them to comply to our standards. American politicians have done the same thing in Korea too.

Regardless, the point was that 15 was 2 years above the age of consent in Japan when the game was made.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-28 13:09:17
Link | Citer | R

Why does the age of consent even matter, we aren't screwing the damn animation. Different cultures view things differently, and the west has morally decided that anyone under 18 is completely off limits. Ok, fine. The game isn't worse because she has an undershirt.

But, there's a reason some people prefer Japanese content. Western media and games are obsessed with diversity and inclusion, to the point that most new Netflix shows have entire scenes and dialogues written solely for the purpose of establishing what kind of thoughts are ok to the viewer. Writing and worldbuilding intended to cater to western audiences are much different (and worse, in my opinion) than products without that influence. Any signs of Square-Enix cowing to the west are unwelcome in my eyes.

The age of attractiveness thing is just a tangent from proth dropping 'ephebophiles' as if it were anything besides the natural state of humanity.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-02-28 13:09:50
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
It was Nynja that first mentioned about her being 'censored'
Wrong again.

I was second.

My bad, it was the guy who is now crying that the age of consent has gone up in Japan... RadialArcana
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-28 13:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
The age of attractiveness thing is just a tangent from proth dropping 'ephebophiles' as if it were anything besides the natural state of humanity.

I'm willing to accept that some people's line is further down (as long as it isn't literal children which, again, majority of you never mentioned) but to dismiss the fact that there exist people who aren't attracted to young girls and claim it has to be a front is insanity.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-28 13:16:40
Link | Citer | R

It's funny how some people in the west think we still live in the colonial days where we get to tell other countries how to make their entertainment. What's that Japan? not making women look how we want them to look?! outrage!

The outrage after Xenoblade 2 from Twitter and Resetera was hilarious, the sad part is the developers listened to it too and made Xeno3 bland asf. Which alienated most of their customers.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-28 13:16:49
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'm willing to accept that some people's line is further down (as long as it isn't literal children which, again, majority of you never mentioned) but to dismiss the fact that there exist people who aren't attracted to young girls and claim it has to be a front is insanity.

That seems reasonable enough, there are some people who legitimately believe that a developed 15(?) year old is not attractive. Tastes vary.

But, millenia of human evolution aren't upended in 100 years of age of consent laws. To pretend that the majority of men are not naturally attracted to females of reproductive maturity doesn't seem much short of insanity either.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-28 13:17:36
Link | Citer | R

It's funny how some people in the west think we still live in the colonial days where we get to tell other countries how to make their entertainment. What's that Japan? not making women look how we want them to look?! outrage!

The outrage after Xenoblade 2 from Twitter and Resetera was hilarious, the sad part is the developers listened to it too and made Xeno3 bland asf. Which alienated most of their customers.

Aren't you the guy who makes nearly weekly essays on how he hates the way the Japanese make video games?

That seems reasonable enough, there are some people who legitimately believe that a developed 15(?) year old is not attractive. Tastes vary.

But, millenia of human evolution aren't upended in 100 years of age of consent laws. To pretend that the majority of men are not naturally attracted to females of reproductive maturity doesn't seem much short of insanity either.

That's fine. That still makes them ephebophiles. I specifically used a word with less natural negative connotation to it for a reason. If I wanted to be scorched earth and try to claim absolute morality I would have incorrectly used the word pedophile or paraphile like a Twitter poster.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-28 13:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Aren't you the guy who makes nearly weekly essays on how he hates the way the Japanese make video games?

No, only modern Square Enix and only cause they pander to garbage western values. Which none of us even like, just that some of us virtue signal so much we ruin the things we like because of it.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-28 13:28:49
Link | Citer | R

That still makes them ephebophiles. I specifically used a word with less natural negative connotation to it for a reason.

I'll admit it's mostly a semantic argument at this point, but the connotations of using a word like that imply it's an abnormality, rather than a normality. I'm not arguing that you personally are doing this or had this train of thought, but I would say the word itself exists to create negative connotations.

You wouldn't call someone a mammophile for enjoying ***(in fact, to that extent it doesn't seem the word has even been placed in any dictionary, despite it having a clear etymology and use).
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-28 13:34:25
Link | Citer | R

To be fair brother merely calling yourself straight can be considered abnormal these days depending on what circles you dwell in.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-28 13:44:54
Link | Citer | R

The change mentioned in Japanese law that happened last year, is no doubt going to usher in a massive amount of visual changes in Anime, Manga and JP video games in the coming years (as well as Korean, since they did the same thing recently).

I doubt many people who like JP media even know this happened and the impact it will probably have.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-28 13:47:32
Link | Citer | R

They'll just change their fake 14/15 "ages" to 16/18 and change nothing else, if anything.

That's the thing about them being imaginary. Wave your hands and say a number and they become it.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-02-28 14:02:32
Link | Citer | R

That still makes them ephebophiles. I specifically used a word with less natural negative connotation to it for a reason.

I'll admit it's mostly a semantic argument at this point, but the connotations of using a word like that imply it's an abnormality, rather than a normality. I'm not arguing that you personally are doing this or had this train of thought, but I would say the word itself exists to create negative connotations.

You wouldn't call someone a mammophile for enjoying ***(in fact, to that extent it doesn't seem the word has even been placed in any dictionary, despite it having a clear etymology and use).
And, for a man to be called an "ephebophile", he needs to have a preference, possibly a primary one, for that age group (late adolescence).

So, even in the event that somebody finds a 15-19 y/o woman attractive (quite a normal thing throughout history), it's inaccurate to label him as an "ephebophile", which makes the negative connotations even stronger (just the label existing + misattributing it)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-02-28 14:08:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They'll just change their fake 14/15 "ages" to 16/18 and change nothing else, if anything.
Always funny

That's the thing about them being imaginary. Wave your hands and say a number and they become it.
They are, but, this line of thinking, stretched to its logical extreme (not saying you would), is problematic. I don't think that should be an excuse to completely dissociate a character's look from their age. That "9000 y/o loli" ***will always remain weird
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-28 14:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Is a Bootyphile someone attracted to *** or treasure?
By RadialArcana 2024-02-28 14:56:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm not so sure, the reason western pressure groups, politicians and money groups pressured this to happen in the first place was because Japanese media is so popular in the west. If Japan and Korea allowed themselves to be bullied into this, I don't think it will end here and I think you'll see the same booba / male gaze censoring there as happened here. Japan tends to lag 10 years behind the west, so you'll see the exact same things happening there as happened here over time (from the exact same sources). We went from all the women in our media being sexy and having big tiddies, to most of the women looking like men now. I can't even remember the last time I saw a western woman in a movie, tv show or western video game with big boobs.

Anime, Video games and the Vtube industry gonna need to change how they do business in the coming years. Cause the west says so.

Not only cause of puritan demands but also becasue puritan censorship in the western media itself doesn't work when there is an outside source offering non censored stuff. You have to make the outside source censored too, once they have killed the popularity of the JP media then ours won't look so bad anymore and will regain popularity and money that have been losing.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-28 15:01:16
Link | Citer | R

We have been getting shafted on big ol' titties in media.

But. Big boobs got boring. Ain't no big titties cause we stopped diggin' em. Every 10 years the accepted body type shifts. Boobs are out, *** is in.

Centaur girls.

...Well it was about *** for a hot minute, now it's about being as fat and/or not feminine as possible.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-28 16:34:13
Link | Citer | R

Why is Cait Sith female in some games and male in others?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-28 18:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Did you just assume CaitSith's gender in 2024?????????
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-02-28 23:00:20
Link | Citer | R

Ready to play!
By Thunderjet 2024-02-28 23:01:24
Link | Citer | R

You need haram police for xiah wallahi evryone is gender fluid now.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-28 23:44:39
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Ready to play!

that opening sequence
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2024-02-29 01:18:50
Link | Citer | R

I'll be waiting on my physical copy....

Time to go dark for a week or two until I finish it. Y'all have fun!

Side note: Use spoiler tags where appropriate. If you want to have spoiler-heavy discussions, please create a separate thread.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-29 05:52:25
Link | Citer | R

just started am *** tearing up !
*** yes also F 16 its ***. il never express how bad it is for a FF game
By RadialArcana 2024-02-29 05:58:52
Link | Citer | R

Red 13

Vincent and Cid are perfect.
By SimonSes 2024-02-29 08:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Isn't that scene a lot in Japanese game dev style? You was just whining they do stuff tailored to wester audience, then first thing you critique is typical Japanese stuff. Make up your mind.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-29 09:12:39
Link | Citer | R

It's a remake.

I like comedy, doesn't mean I would want Darth Vader fighting with a droopy lightsaber if they remake Star Wars in 10 years.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-29 09:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Red 13

I mean, you didn't provide a lot of details and I haven't played this game, but in the original...
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-29 09:36:03
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I mean, you didn't provide a lot of details and I haven't played this game, but in the original...
By SimonSes 2024-02-29 10:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

I see exactly nothing wrong here. It's a remake, like you said, not remaster. They are expending all ideas from original and changing minor things. It was clear after first part. They expended the scene with Red XIII in the suit and Red XIII on chocobo is also expending on the Red's problem of identifying as inteligent creature, not a beast or pet. You wanted him to run after people riding chocobo like some animal?
You are seriously trying super hard to find a problem. You are desperate enough to the point of starting to contradict with your previous statements.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15