Ninja Buffs + Enhanced Duration Gear (It's A Rant)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja Buffs + Enhanced Duration gear (It's a rant)
Ninja Buffs + Enhanced Duration gear (It's a rant)
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-23 18:36:27
Link | Citer | R

So yea... Utsusemi lasts forever, (15 minutes)
Migawari I understand why it lasts a short time... (although an extra 30 seconds would make this much more useful, and yet not broken)

But damn....
Gekka/Yain 5 minutes max (enmity up/down)
Kakka/Myoshu 5 minutes max (Store TP/Subtle Blow)

Tonko/Monomi (Invis/Sneak) this one kinda lasts a little more than 5 minutes, but not by much (and isn't that critical)...

4x critical spells though that we do have, we have to recast constantly in order to stay in the fight, and we are just spamming those not leaving much room for any other actions, and they are Ichi level spells, so casting speed is very slow comparatively.

By the time we are fully buffed just in casting speed, with Utsu being 1st, and Miga being last minute...
Ninja only gets about 2-3 minutes of the buffs lasting by the time you engage, if you cycle your debuffs, there is no time left before they have to be cast again buffs and debuffs.

Does any generic enhancing magic duration gear help that? I don't think so. Neither does generic enfeebling duration gear exist for ninja.

Trouble I am finding lately with playing a decently well geared ninja now, is that our single target buffs, don't last long, and we are spamming them instead of getting on offensive/tanky stuff.

Ninjutsu Enfeebles also suffer, from lack of duration. (but that wouldn't be that terrible, if at least our single target self buffs, would last longer)

Maybe I missed the big deal, that our 4 basic buff spells duration could last longer, but yea. Max skill, doesn't affect duration at all, nor does it affect potency.

Again maybe I did miss something, but yea, would be nice if at least those 4 basic buffs, lasted longer than a typical 10 minute fight.

My rant is specifically about lack of duration gear for ninjutsu, buff or debuff.

If you have a good set in skill/magic accuracy, it sticks. But it doesn't last for ***, and it doesn't affect potency.

love to hear thoughts from the Pro-NINs here, seems like just giving us a bone in that direction would help out the balance of Ninja tremendously.

/endrant
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-23 18:48:10
Link | Citer | R

By comparison, Aquaveil, has generic duration gear for all jobs, Stoneskin (potency and duration), Regen/Refresh (potency and duration), Pro/Shell (again potency and duration), Phalanx (again potency and duration), even any "Enhancing Magic" which is mostly useless to a ninja, has duration/potency gear, for all jobs. Hell even some blue spells have gear that enhances "Blu Magic Skill" buffs, generally, also enhances potency/duration.

NINJUTSU self only buffs, are *** though.

I am sure there are many more that don't apply to ninja.

Gotta be a few more enfeeble gear that apply for BLU only spells.

We have 4 generic category debuffs, aside from our 2 unique ones (ATT down, TP gain down, and even those aren't specifically available) poison, slow, blind and para, and none of our spells get to benefit from that gear.

And yet, ninjutsu main job spells only, are stuck recasting ours every 5 minutes or under.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-23 18:56:09
Link | Citer | R

Draylo wanted a fresh topic, well here ya go ***.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-23 19:01:07
Link | Citer | R

*** ninja has more Waltz potency gear available to it, than ninjutsu duration/potency and when was the last time a NIN subbed DNC after trusts came out? FFS.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-23 19:01:59
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
I agree. CBA to recast all those NIN spells all the time. I’ll just change jobs.

IDK what CBA means. But I like your input.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-23 19:11:09
Link | Citer | R

ill correct myself on the "critical spells" count, you're not cycling between Gekka and Yain, but still. 3x critical buffs. and 2x unique debuffs, and Utsu, and Miga,... no room do do anything else.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-23 19:11:18
Link | Citer | R

idk what you're on about on BLU spells, there's no way to increase BLU spell duration besides Diffusion and most of the best ones last less than half as long as ninjutsu
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-23 19:14:19
Link | Citer | R

Probably "can't be assed". But seriously? 2-3 minutes of DDing before you have to buff again? Are you taking 2 minutes to cast 4 spells?

Also highly suggest not bothering with subtle blow, enmity up/down, or migawari unless the fight calls for it. There ya go, one buff to cast every 5 minutes, and shadows as necessary.

It would be cool to cast 5 buffs on yourself once every half hour like a RDM I suppose, but the benefits are minimal even if you were to have infinite duration.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-23 19:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
idk what you're on about on BLU spells, there's no way to increase BLU spell duration besides Diffusion and most of the best ones last less than half as long as ninjutsu

There is a BLU spell, that is enhanced by like a generic refresh potency/duration or cape or something, ill drop the BLU /rant, because that is the only item I've heard affects things like that. but also, that's kinda why I was like WTF and started this topic haha.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-23 19:19:47
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Also highly suggest not bothering with subtle blow, enmity up/down, or migawari unless the fight calls for it. There ya go, one buff to cast every 5 minutes, and shadows as necessary.

yes, I'll give you that one, sorta, but maybe u don't NIN quite as hard as I do, and also solo NIN's will disagree with most of that, and that is part of the appeal to NIN, is its solo. iI am not asking to bust 99k WSD weapon skills all the time. but damn, the unique tools are there. would be nice if they didn't last for a few blinks of an eye.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-23 19:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
also solo NIN's will disagree with most of that, and that is part of the appeal to NIN, is its solo.

I mean, I'll grant you that maybe subtle blow is necessary/helpful for a solo NIN, but there are very few scenarios you're going to need enmity for solo situation, I'll say basically 0, and Migawari won't come up the vast majority of the time either.

I don't play NIN all that much, but I do take it somewhat seriously, I have all the REMA+D katanas, but it doesn't come out much (guess why).
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-23 19:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

There is a BLU spell, that is enhanced by like a generic refresh potency/duration or cape or something, ill drop the BLU /rant, because that is the only item I've heard affects things like that. but also, that's kinda why I was like WTF and started this topic haha.

Yes battery charge but that's because those pieces enhance the refresh buff received not so much that it boosts the spell.

Metallic Body/Diamondhide for example aren't affected by +stoneskin gear

Carcharian Verve isn't affected by +aquaveil gear

Barrier Tusk isn't affected by +phalanx gear

Anyway for NIN I don't mind having to reapply Kakka every 5mins. Feels like a blessing compared to Cocoon and Nat. Med, not terribly far removed from having to hit Hasso/Berserk/Last Resort every 5mins. Little cast time makes it slightly worse but not by much.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-23 20:18:21
Link | Citer | R

I mean, I've gotten timing down, again, like way back during old school, having to track, time cast, etc, between WS round's and cycling Ni/Ichi, and timing Eva sets, etc. Watching the animations give you a hint sort of timing.

the hate control buff, should last 10 mins, and be overwritable at least please, yea a duo tank party where I can control hate timing with 5x trusts is something.

Anywho back to VR.
By Draylo 2023-02-23 21:30:53
Link | Citer | R

BLU is way worse, has needed duration+ gear for ages.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-23 21:41:37
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
BLU is way worse, has needed duration+ gear for ages.
not as long as ninja >.>.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-24 16:09:40
Link | Citer | R

What is Ninja's purpose these days? BTW I am working on various variants, of main hand Tsuru sub shigi. It's sort of interesting for the full ninja turtle concept. Ha!

Edit, mostly meant to be an idle to use /mage subs, /blu /run tanking, not DD, but for mide switch into mageiness mide
By Chyula 2023-02-24 16:31:47
Link | Citer | R

Ninja have the coolest outfit in game, What more do it need?.
[+]
By Sylvester 2023-02-24 16:44:21
Link | Citer | R

Man I'd love to have cocoon or nat.med last 3 mins lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-02-24 17:47:35
Link | Citer | R

well I can whine louder than you!
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-02-24 18:16:38
Link | Citer | R

What is Ninja's purpose these days?

Works really well as a subjob.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-02-25 07:41:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »

Works really well as a subjob.

Works good for making youtube videos with also!
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-25 12:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure the new meta is NIN/WHM for Flash and Curagas. I've seen Naruto, I'm pretty sure that's what being a Ninja is all about.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-25 17:27:09
Link | Citer | R

The AF3 pants were one of the best inventions for lockstyle. Can't go wrong with it in most setups. We have so many ugly pants and boots in this game
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-25 17:31:50
Link | Citer | R

What specific purpose does NIN excel at, or what can NIN do at a top level? The former would be something where shadow blocking is really beneficial, such as shadow tanking En-Death or Turbine Cyclone. It is also great for preventing one-shotting with Migawari (although I cannot recall a specific important example at the moment). NIN is an amazing DD if hybrids work or you can use Savage without WS walling anyone too. With very high TP gain, if you can WS for up to 99k with hybrid WSs, it's one of the highest DPS you can get.
[+]
By mhomho 2023-02-25 23:01:44
Link | Citer | R

Yagyu
Darkblade
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-27 22:50:33
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »