Are These People Serious?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Are these people serious?
Are these people serious?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10
 Bismarck.Saleam
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 20:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Noah's little flood; one of the most hypocritical stories in the world, imo.

Of course, it was ripped from every other culture before anyways ._.

;) That's right. I personally believed it was a flash flood in the Mesopotamia river valley system just as trade was starting to emerge (and therefore continent wide gossip). Gah what was that guy that tried to prove it... well he couldn't prove it was a flood of super mega epic proportions in the end.
 Shiva.Enjoylife
Serveur: Shiva
user: Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 20:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Saleam said:

I have restricted internet access as I am using a school computer so I couldn't see most of those. But if you're trying to find geological evidence to support your argument I propose this:

How do you know that people didn't just look at these natural occurrences and say "Well god did this" *makes little note on papyrus"

and don't get me started on Noah's little flood xD

in reply to ur statement that another astroid could have hit the moon, you can what if all day, and i think if an astroid hit the moon there would be evidence of that, or it would have been knocked out of orbit

and come on thats not how the world works, you cant just pick up a rock and declare its sacred, and if u did no one would pay it any attention,

they wouldnt say it was a biblical artifact with no evidence to support it. your being way too cynical
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 20:30:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Saleam said:
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Remember this:

"If God created me in his own image, and I'm imperfect, does that mean God is imperfect too?"

maybe its because your commiting the sins of sloth and gluttony.

I committed all those sins and more. I still have a six pack and tan. I can't say I'm good looking as that would be kinda vain but if my looks were decided by my sin/good ratio even gollum from LOTR would say "yeah, I'm outta here, precious."

wow get over yourself dude

everyone knows if ur inactive with a poor diet u get fat. thats just what happens, and incase u didnt know, korpg is fat, and by fat, i mean morbidly obese
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-04 20:31:19
Link | Citer | R

Tisk tisk not nice. This isn't a bash Korpg thread so let's not start.
[+]
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 20:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

he trolls ffxiah, the guy brings it on himself
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-04 20:33:09
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

Leave him alone on this thread. Next time I'll just topicban you. This is NOT a Korpg bashing thread.
[+]
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 20:35:38
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:
in reply to ur statement that another astroid could have hit the moon, you can what if all day, and i think if an astroid hit the moon there would be evidence of that, or it would have been knocked out of orbit

no, YOU can what if all day. And are you trying to imply any sized asteroid could knock a moon out of orbit? And there probably is evidence of that, craters don't magically appear, unless you're saying god gave the moon craters for dramatic appearance?

Shiva.Enjoylife said:

and come on thats now how the world works, you can just pick up a rock and declare its sacred, and if u did no one would pay it any attention,

contradicting yourself now. Let 'rock' = one of those pics you posted
and since you're saying these images are scared because someone took a picture, posted it on the internet and said 'look evidence of noah's arc' you are that someone who is paying attention. It's like me saying ' look, ayers rock, it must be goods ***!!' *posts to internet* and when people are debating this very topic 1000 years from now on the FFXXXI forum they would locate that image and say 'here is your evidence' -.-
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-04 20:36:05
Link | Citer | R

Should just unlock my thread then, lol. We'll leave here and go have fun there.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-04 20:37:27
Link | Citer | R

I thought this thread was about to be about shitty trick or treats, not asteriods hitting the moon.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 20:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:

and come on thats not how the world works, you cant just pick up a rock and declare its sacred, and if u did no one would pay it any attention,

they wouldnt say it was a biblical artifact with no evidence to support it. your being way too cynical

http://cseligman.com/text/asteroids/sizedistribution.htm said:
Most asteroids are very small; but because they are small, they don't have much mass -- all the mass is in the big ones.
Ceres is about 600 miles (1000 km) in diameter
Several dozen asteroids a few hundred miles in diameter
Hundreds that are tens of miles in diameter
Thousands that are a few miles in diameter
Tens of thousands that are a significant fraction of a mile in diameter
Hundreds of thousands that are a small fraction of a mile in diameter
Millions of still smaller pieces of rock and metal in the ‘asteroid belt’ and environs.

There's tons of evidence of asteroids and such hitting the moon. Just look at it o.O; It's undeniable. It's going to take a lot to knock it out of orbit, too.
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 20:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjeoylife said:
wow get over yourself dude

everyone knows if ur inactive with a poor diet u get fat. thats just what happens, and incase u didnt know, korpg is fat, and by fat, i mean morbidly obese

lol now I can't help but laugh at you.
You ever head of metabolism? Mister I live 200 miles from the nearest ***hole town and I sit in my office all day. I eat what I want when I want. Now if you like, I could post pics of my stomach and biceps and fridge full of junk food just to shut your arrogant mouth, or we can continue our little debate without getting all mad and personal lol.
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 20:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Saleam said:

and since you're saying these images are scared because someone took a picture, posted it on the internet and said 'look evidence of noah's arc' you are that someone who is paying attention. It's like me saying ' look, ayers rock, it must be goods ***!!' *posts to internet* and when people are debating this very topic 1000 years from now on the FFXXXI forum they would locate that image and say 'here is your evidence' -.-

but thats not what happened, your making conclusions when u havnt even looked

and astroids leave creaters, not pits of ice

edit- and i made the comment about an astroid knocking the moon out of orbit without really thinking about it first. not all astroids are large.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 20:44:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Bismarck.Saleam said:

and astroids leave creaters, not pits of ice

You just said "But that's not what happened!" and told someone not to jump to conclusions. You've concluded that your belief is final. Try and be a little open minded and work with us here, otherwise it becomes a battle of attacking.

I may be an atheist, but I was once on a mission to become the Pope: to this I swear. I'm glad for that, because I can understand people of religion very well.

And asteroids have been found with water/ice on them. They're not just rocks, they're minerals and chemicals and such. That's where the ice comes from.
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 20:46:54
Link | Citer | R

hes saying these people made there conclusion with no evidence, they list on the website WHY they think its noah's ark, im not really sure what u mean.

and yes astroids can be made of ice, but what happens to a ball of ice movings thousands of miles per hour when it hits a solid surface? it explodes (creating the craters)
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 20:48:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:

=\ you're making conclusions with 0% hard evidence. Why can't I make a conclusion too =[?

You're still not grasping what I said earlier. Asteroids may contain water/ice themselves. I don't feel like researching it myself, but you're welcome to. Look up the origin of water on earth.

shiva.enjoylife said:
edit- and i made the comment about an astroid knocking the moon out of orbit without really thinking about it first. not all astroids are large.

I think you make allot of comments without really thinking about it first lol.

Also you have sold allot of damn angel skin =O It's completely irrelevant but if your selling 10+ angel skin in under a month is the direct result of religion then hell I'm grabbing a bible and heading off to church right now! =O
 Fenrir.Stolas
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Necros
By Fenrir.Stolas 2009-11-04 20:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Everytime one of those religious guys knocks on my door, I borrow the line from House, blunders the hell outta them.

"Aww, are you selling religion? Sorry, bought some muslim last week, good for the next few months, better luck next time."
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 20:51:03
Link | Citer | R

I really can't take a site that uses neon colors, tables, and center tags seriously. If you can find a scientific research site/article that's known credible, I would contemplate further if there was a man named Noah that had this ark. As of right now though, I just view that--as I do with most of the bible--as a giant story that tries to teach good morals.
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 20:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:

and yes astroids can be made of ice, but what happens to a ball of ice movings thousands of miles per hour when it hits a solid surface? it explodes (creating the craters)

Nothing in existence can be fully destroyed, only changed. Nothing happens to it when it travels at those speeds. It either falls of the asteroid or doesn't. If it hits the moon with ice on it, it hits the moon with ice on it. If it doesn't, it doesn't. We're looking at a LOT of asteroids hitting the moon. It's only likely that one of them may have contained ice =\
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-04 20:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

Leave him alone on this thread. Next time I'll just topicban you. This is NOT a Korpg bashing thread.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5734#281195
 Shiva.Drteeth
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 20:52:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:
hes saying these people made there conclusion with no evidence, they list on the website WHY they think its noah's ark, im not really sure what u mean.

Bolded for a reason.

Also: when an asteroid hits something, it leaves trace minerals behind. It doesn't just explode and magically disappear.
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 20:54:32
Link | Citer | R

its not the prettiest website, but i only spent a short time looking,

the main thing to consider is this - taken directly off the website

Top Points to Consider

It is in the shape of a boat, with a pointed bow and rounded stern.

Exact length as noted in biblical description, 515 feet or 300 Egyptian cubits. (Egyptian not Hebrew cubit would have been known to Moses who studied in Egypt then wrote Genesis.)

It rests on a mountain in Eastern Turkey, matching the biblical account, "The ark rested . . . upon the mountains of Ararat" Genesis 8:4. (Ararat being the name of the ancient country Urartu which covered this region.)

Contains petrified wood, as proven by lab analysis.

Contains high-tech metal alloy fittings, as proven by separate lab analyses paid for by Ron Wyatt, then performed later by Kevin Fisher of this web site. Aluminum metal and titanium metal was found in the fittings which are MAN-MADE metals!

Vertical rib timbers on its sides, comprising the skeletal superstructure of a boat. Regular patterns of horizontal and vertical deck support beams are also seen on the deck of the ark.

Occupied ancient village at the ark site at 6,500 ft. elevation matching Flavius Josephus' statement "Its remains are shown there by the inhabitants to this day."

Dr. Bill Shea, archaeologist found an ancient pottery sherd within 20 yards of the ark which has a carving on it that depicts a bird, a fish, and a man with a hammer wearing a headdress that has the name "Noah" on it. In ancient times these items were created by the locals in the village to sell to visitors of the ark. The ark was a tourist attraction in ancient times and today.

Recognized by Turkish Government as Noah's Ark National Park and a National Treasure. Official notice of its discovery appeared in the largest Turkish newspaper in 1987.

Visitors' center built by the government to accommodate tourists further confirms the importance of the site.

Huge anchor stones were found near the ark and in the village Kazan, 15 miles away, which hung off the rear of the ark to steady its ride.

The ark rests upon Cesnakidag (or Cudi Dagi) Mountain, which is translated as "Doomsday" Mountain.

Dr. Salih Bayraktutan of Ataturk University stated, "It is a man made structure, and for sure it's Noah's Ark" Common Sense. This same article also states "The site is immediately below the mountain of Al Judi, named in the Qur'an as the resting place of the Ark." Houd Sura 11:44

Radar scans show a regular pattern of timbers inside the ark formation, revealing keels, keelsons, gunnels, bulkheads, animal chambers, ramp system, door in right front, two large barrels in the front 14' x 24', and an open center area for air flow to all three levels.

everything listed here are facts, these arent opinions, or theorys pulled out of someones ***
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 20:57:21
Link | Citer | R

Well I think I'm gonna drop out of this thread haha. Even if we had the means to prove there is no god ect. No one would choose to believe it. Hell even I find myself saying "god damn it" or "Jesus f'n Christ'.. People need religion. It's been around too long and probably wont change. I just feel bad for the Catholics that chose not to enjoy sex (lol but I still laugh at them) and the Jews that restrain from eating dawn til dusk (I think) It's sad so many people are so obliviously brain washed.. Enjoy life, you should still tell me how you get all those angel skins ;O I spent weeks down there and only ever got like two. Well a third one but I was kicked out of the party and the drop was not split like agreed =\ greedy ***.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 20:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Stuff

And I'm still supposed to believe two of every animal fit onto that thing? >.>
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 20:59:29
Link | Citer | R

patience, and persistance.
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 21:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:
its not the prettiest website, but i only spent a short time looking,

the main thing to consider is this - taken directly off the website

Top Points to Consider

It is in the shape of a boat, with a pointed bow and rounded stern.

Exact length as noted in biblical description, 515 feet or 300 Egyptian cubits. (Egyptian not Hebrew cubit would have been known to Moses who studied in Egypt then wrote Genesis.)

It rests on a mountain in Eastern Turkey, matching the biblical account, "The ark rested . . . upon the mountains of Ararat" Genesis 8:4. (Ararat being the name of the ancient country Urartu which covered this region.)

Contains petrified wood, as proven by lab analysis.

Contains high-tech metal alloy fittings, as proven by separate lab analyses paid for by Ron Wyatt, then performed later by Kevin Fisher of this web site. Aluminum metal and titanium metal was found in the fittings which are MAN-MADE metals!

Vertical rib timbers on its sides, comprising the skeletal superstructure of a boat. Regular patterns of horizontal and vertical deck support beams are also seen on the deck of the ark.

Occupied ancient village at the ark site at 6,500 ft. elevation matching Flavius Josephus' statement "Its remains are shown there by the inhabitants to this day."

Dr. Bill Shea, archaeologist found an ancient pottery sherd within 20 yards of the ark which has a carving on it that depicts a bird, a fish, and a man with a hammer wearing a headdress that has the name "Noah" on it. In ancient times these items were created by the locals in the village to sell to visitors of the ark. The ark was a tourist attraction in ancient times and today.

Recognized by Turkish Government as Noah's Ark National Park and a National Treasure. Official notice of its discovery appeared in the largest Turkish newspaper in 1987.

Visitors' center built by the government to accommodate tourists further confirms the importance of the site.

Huge anchor stones were found near the ark and in the village Kazan, 15 miles away, which hung off the rear of the ark to steady its ride.

The ark rests upon Cesnakidag (or Cudi Dagi) Mountain, which is translated as "Doomsday" Mountain.

Dr. Salih Bayraktutan of Ataturk University stated, "It is a man made structure, and for sure it's Noah's Ark" Common Sense. This same article also states "The site is immediately below the mountain of Al Judi, named in the Qur'an as the resting place of the Ark." Houd Sura 11:44

Radar scans show a regular pattern of timbers inside the ark formation, revealing keels, keelsons, gunnels, bulkheads, animal chambers, ramp system, door in right front, two large barrels in the front 14' x 24', and an open center area for air flow to all three levels.

everything listed here are facts, these arent opinions, or theorys pulled out of someones ***

again could of been another powerful weed smoking idiot back in the day. Even if this stuff was true, which I doubt, it's still nothing special. Egyptians built pyramids. Now that's special lol. ;) Now find my evidence of the flood and the animals >.>
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 21:00:24
Link | Citer | R

And a crock of ***?
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 21:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Drteeth said:
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Stuff

back then there wasnt the same variety of species that there are today,

and no its not evolution,

for examble, a lab and husky have a baby (im talking about dogs) and it creates a new breed
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 21:02:16
Link | Citer | R

wow, 'find my evidence' -.- I seriously need to go eat or something before I get grammar natzied out of here and publicly shamed x]
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 21:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Stuff

for examble, a lab and husky have a baby (im talking about dogs) and it creates a new breed

That doesn't work across the entire animal kingdom. Go.

Edit: Thought I'd add the fact that it creates a new breed, not a new species.
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 21:03:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Stuff

breeding::evolution

Unless someone has made a theory of breeding
Dharles carwin?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10