Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 162 163 164
By SimonSes 2022-11-04 03:57:12
Link | Citer | R

klayy said: »
I feel like people expect they should have every +2 ear they ever wanted already. Well, why? Can't stuff be rare?

I would expect one +2 after doing sortie almost every day since start and most of days in last month doing it twice. On my main char Im like 0/18 on +1 cases and add another 0/20+ on 3 more alts combined. You could at least target Omen bodies, while here, when I will finally maybe get +2 earring after few/several months, it will be for random job and can also roll low.. It's not even close to Omen bodies.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-04 04:09:26
Link | Citer | R

klayy said: »
Well, why? Can't stuff be rare?
If there's anything the MMO history taught us is that, at least in the west and at least for items that are functional/important to play your role, people don't like a high degree of randomness.

Hard to obtain, even borderline impossible because of how much work/effort it takes? Debateable but more likely than not acceptable.
Huge amount of randomness with stuff that's completely out of your control? Usually not accepted.

Here earrings are bound behind:
A % chance to obtain a case
A % for that case to be normal or +1
A % chance for that case to obtain one of the earrings you want
A % for that earring to be NQ, +1 or +2 quality
A % for the stats on that earring to be close to the maximum amount

It's... quite a lot of randomness if you ask me, way too much and you can't do anything about it, it's just a lottery. You could be done in one day or not being done after 10 years, that's how it works, it's random.
The only degree of control we have atm is being able to buy an NQ Case.

They could implement an exchange system (similar to the reive capes ones), they could implement an Augment Refinement system (trade Sapphire and Earring for a re-roll on the stats), they could make so that when you open the case you have more chances (not 100%) for that earring to be of the current job instead of completely random.
I mean so many things they could do and that they've already done in the past.
But atm the Earring thing is uncontestably one of the less refined and more obnoxious part of what is otherwise what I'd dare say a pretty refreshing and well designed event.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-04 05:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
But atm the Earring thing is uncontestably one of the less refined and more obnoxious part of what is otherwise what I'd dare say a pretty refreshing and well designed event.

Pretty much this. I'm still holding on being completely negative about earrings, because mega boss can still drop at least +1 case with 100% rate, which should be semi okish I guess. That would mean at least one +1 case every ~3-4 runs (~2 runs for best groups) with random +1 cases on top. That could still make it very rare, but much less frustrating I guess (assuming mega boss is hard, but doable).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-04 05:47:02
Link | Citer | R

I dunno Simon.
Granted it would be surely better, it would be such a small difference that in the grand scheme of things I don't think it would noticeably change things or make them less obnoxious.

Case+1 is guaranteed +1 earring with a chance of +2, right?
I mean there's 22 jobs, supposing the chances are split evenly I think having a guaranteeed case+1 every 3-4 runs wouldn't really make such a big difference =/

They need to do what they did for Reive Capes, imho. Ideally both things but at least the 3:1 exchange.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-04 06:05:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorta leaning towards them eventually doing something about it.
Maybe I'm being optimistic, maybe I'm being utterly naive, but it seems so incredibly wrong that I'm finding it hard to believe they won't try to adjust something in the future.

I've been holding my cases for that reason for now.
Have like ~38 case and ~8 case+1
Yeah I know it's not many but I only do sortie like 2-3 times per week.
By Seun 2022-11-04 07:35:12
Link | Citer | R

I've been holding my cases for that reason for now.
Yeah I know it's not many but I only do sortie like 2-3 times per week.

You're potentially already holding some of the earrings you wanted....

I can see why people are upset with the earrings, but I doubt they will change it beyond the coming NMs drop rates. For the most part, the empyrean armor that was great at +2 only got slightly better at +3. The same is mostly true for the earrings going from +1 to +2.

They fired out this content faster than anyone would have expected. I think we could extend them the courtesy of letting them put it all out before we turn the thumb.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-04 07:37:34
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Pretty much this. I'm still holding on being completely negative about earrings, because mega boss can still drop at least +1 case with 100% rate, which should be semi okish I guess. That would mean at least one +1 case every ~3-4 runs (~2 runs for best groups) with random +1 cases on top. That could still make it very rare, but much less frustrating I guess (assuming mega boss is hard, but doable).
I'm actually hoping for the next update to introduce an Old Case +2, which the new final boss will drop.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-04 08:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What exactly is different about Sortie that you don't like that you like in Odyssey?
Granted I'm on the opposite edge of the discussion (so far I prefer Sortie to Odyssey, no contest here) I would dare to say they're QUITE different eh °-°

Sortie is better for the singular reason that we have our sub jobs, a critical component of the game. The only thing I don't like about Sortie is that objective progress is hidden and can be a PITA.
[+]
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-11-04 09:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Daaaamn your +1 case rate is out of this world, lucky you XD
im sitting on 2, with about a hundred NQ
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-04 09:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Helmaru said: »
Daaaamn your +1 case rate is out of this world, lucky you XD
I guess it's karma paying me back for the bad luck in pretty much everything else in game then? XD
They all came from upper floor objective if I recall
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-04 09:29:49
Link | Citer | R

I imagine this is going to be the reality. You take your 'super leet' group. The idiot in the group gets a perfect +2 for the only job they cared about and then ghosts your group. You find a new terrible replacement who will also get their +2 faster than the people who are carrying the group who will have +2s for all the jobs they don't play. *chef's kiss*

SE perfection. Now most of the population will play longer. Drama will ensue. Monthly subs will be paid.

I'm happy to have content and a grind. Prime Weapons will hopefully be worthwhile and soon to distract from what we don't like about current systems.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-04 10:04:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

I imagine this is going to be the reality. You take your 'super leet' group. The idiot in the group gets a perfect +2 for the only job they cared about and then ghosts your group. You find a new terrible replacement who will also get their +2 faster than the people who are carrying the group who will have +2s for all the jobs they don't play. *chef's kiss*

SE perfection. Now most of the population will play longer. Drama will ensue. Monthly subs will be paid.

I'm happy to have content and a grind. Prime Weapons will hopefully be worthwhile and soon to distract from what we don't like about current systems.

They will require 2000 sapphires, 50 starstones, 100 +1 old cases (unopened) and 10 +2 old cases.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-11-04 11:31:56
Link | Citer | R

The playerbase is NOT taking well to the reward path that deviates from "guaranteed after putting in enough work" and/or "able to be bought". Who knew? I don't know if it's entitlement, I imagine a lot of us are middle-aged and justifiably impatient if we feel we're acing the content and not being compensated, but sometimes a game is just made to be whimsical with the rewards. Everyone I know who's already accepted the possibility of never getting the +2 seems to be just fine to keep farming galli, and ironically they'll be the ones that get a random +2 one day, rather than the people who felt entitled and quit trying.
By SimonSes 2022-11-04 12:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
The playerbase is NOT taking well to the reward path that deviates from "guaranteed after putting in enough work" and/or "able to be bought". Who knew? I don't know if it's entitlement, I imagine a lot of us are middle-aged and justifiably impatient if we feel we're acing the content and not being compensated, but sometimes a game is just made to be whimsical with the rewards. Everyone I know who's already accepted the possibility of never getting the +2 seems to be just fine to keep farming galli, and ironically they'll be the ones that get a random +2 one day, rather than the people who felt entitled and quit trying.

Not sure why you only see those two options. I would believe there is much more people like me, who both speak negative about earrings and still enjoy and farm Sortie. It's not a deal breaker for me, just thing I don't like.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Iszo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Isszo
By Carbuncle.Iszo 2022-11-06 00:53:50
Link | Citer | R

Managed to get a G#2 Casket. I was aoeing everything in the room with the blizter. I'm not sure exactly why I got it, but the mobs were spread out pretty far and I ended up staggering some of the kills. The Dullahan mobs always die first when I aoe them, but they were staggered here. Maybe we have to alternate kills? If this casket objective is already known disregard my post. Thought I would share.

Edit: The casket appeared before I killed everything.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-06 01:56:15
Link | Citer | R

Maybe just kill x mobs of each family?
 Bismarck.Batton
Serveur: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2022-11-06 08:10:17
Link | Citer | R

alternate kills was a requirement in Meeble Burrows so that could have been reused?
By Vaerix 2022-11-06 15:47:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Batton said: »
alternate kills was a requirement in Meeble Burrows so that could have been reused?

The meebles alternate kills fits this but also kill simultaneously fits too if it was close together, maybe a combination of the two?

The meebles simultaneously had like a 5 second window iirc.

Maybe you have to kill something from all 3 families within a time limit?

Just throwing out ideas
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-06 17:08:04
Link | Citer | R

Or could be something like "simultaneously kill 3 monsters from different families 3 times"
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-11-06 17:08:42
Link | Citer | R

We tried this today. It isn't just alternating kills.

We did vamps<->dulla in the first room, and again in the far end near the bitzer. Neither popped a chest.

We were slightly slow on some of them so that may be a factor.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-06 17:24:07
Link | Citer | R

You have a 50 chain at the end so presumably there are a lot of dead undead but it spawned as you killed 3 mobs at the same time. 48 chain is even out of order in the log.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-06 18:03:42
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »
For the most part, the empyrean armor that was great at +2 only got slightly better at +3. The same is mostly true for the earrings going from +1 to +2.

Ummm....no? Several of the JSE earrings aren't even worth considering in sets until they are +2.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-06 18:21:29
Link | Citer | R

The +1s are barely better than the nq. Maybe good for arbitrary stats on the face of the items.

+2s stats alone make them bis for relevant WSs and much more because of how high the augment vales can go. They aren't close to the +1s.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-06 20:00:45
Link | Citer | R

The +1s are barely better than the nq. Maybe good for arbitrary stats on the face of the items.
That depends. DRK +1 is a big boost over NQ because it gets 2-3 WSDMG, which turns it from a situational overcapped piece to being used in basically every situation for a lot of WSs (while making it even better when overcapped).

+1 to +2 is also a big boost, but it's just making it better in the uses +1 is already for.
 Carbuncle.Iszo
By Carbuncle.Iszo 2022-11-06 20:56:51
Link | Citer | R

You have a 50 chain at the end so presumably there are a lot of dead undead but it spawned as you killed 3 mobs at the same time. 48 chain is even out of order in the log.
I will try to chain 50 again tonight and see if it pops.
 Carbuncle.Iszo
By Carbuncle.Iszo 2022-11-06 20:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
We tried this today. It isn't just alternating kills.

We did vamps<->dulla in the first room, and again in the far end near the bitzer. Neither popped a chest.

We were slightly slow on some of them so that may be a factor.
I'll try again tonight and see if I can replicate the chest. It could be a high chain count or something strange like kill a dullahan after you kill 10 other mob types.
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 162 163 164