Ragnarok.Siyual
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2022-10-26 15:27:30
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Ragnarok.Siyual said: »
Probably a million other solo pathing videos posted here, but didn't want to sift through 93 pages.

Full recording of basement chest farming done on MNK/WAR with trusts.

8k muffins, 5x blue basement chests, Aurum, and D order chests (could do H chest instead of that for a 6th basement chest).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ppUi0fDDqE
(The HD version is still rendering so quality is grainy until that finishes)

Very nice.

I would say the item that helps you achieve that the most is Shneddick ring ;)

At least I assume it's Shneddick Ring, I'm not sure while watching in 360p :D

Hah! Not sure why YouTube is taking so long to render the HD version, but yes, it's Shneddick :)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-10-26 17:25:07
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
It does feel like SE are pushing us towards using mage setups in the basements in general

Likely as a counter to the "Savage All The Things" crowd.
By Nehot 2022-10-26 18:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Nehot said: »
Phoenix.Vespajava said: »
Magey strat thats work in progress. OP is too humble to share on their own. Short and sweet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA5wXVKsDxU

Is it just me or does it look like the MB wall is not present for these fights? Both the non SC'ing SCH and BLM were bursting at the same time for max damage and nether Rayke or Subtle Sorcery were used. I may be mistaken but will rewatch this video later today. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this?

He wrote Gambit > Rayke with like Font size 30 at 2:50.
It was used at 2:28 (way too soon btw).
The following MB window it's the only one when they are doing capped damage at all. You just need to pay more attention I guess XD

I said nothing about capped damage, I am talking about the "Nuke Wall" https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Magic_Damage#Consecutive_Elemental_Damage_Penalty

https://imgur.com/W01CpXJ

As you can see in the screenshot above the SCH bursted a B3 for 25.9k at 23:25:41 and the BLM bursted a B6 for 76.9k at 23:25:43, If the nuke wall was present then the B6 should not have hit for 76.9k. Also the Rayke wore off at 23:25:25 so it was not up, nor was Subtle Sorcery. Also this trend is throughout the entire fight.
 Fenrir.Positron
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-10-26 18:29:38
Link | Citer | R

The nuke wall is calculated before the damage cap, so it's still possible to hit for over 70k while subject to it. You can get large BLM volleys of all nines in content where the raw damage would've been 150k+.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-26 19:20:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Disclai said: »
(1) Pure SCH skillchain & MB.

(2) Alternate SCH immanence nuke and one person doing a strong capped damage WS+skillchain, for a resulting 150-200k damage every ~10s.

(3) Coordinate several people WSing at the exact same moment, since there's a split second window where the wall isn't up.

(4) Multi-step skillchain. The first WS will deal full damage, the second WS & skillchain will hit the wall, the third WS & skillchain will deal full damage, etc.

There is another way, but people don't consider it at all for some reason. I guess years of heavy WSing can do that to community :P You can simply use white damage builds like Ukonvasara, Armageddon, MNKs, Redemption etc. Just let one person WS with strong WS at 3000TP and otherwise just run AM3. Those builds can reach 6-7k+ steady white dps and more with temporary buffs like Blood Rage, Scarlet Delirium and/or Focus.

So AM3, Empy+3 set bonus, and switch your moonshade?

They just got done giving us the best WS gear in the game just to not let us use it. I'm fairly proud of their level of troll. Now make these white damage sets!

Has anyone tried enspells on any of the bosses yet?
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-10-26 19:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Enspells do decent damage on the bosses but get resisted a lot.

And I wouldn't say they gave us the best WS sets to not use them. If anything, the fact that you can only WS once every ten seconds means WS sets being absolutely top tier will go even further than when you're able to just spam.
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2022-10-26 20:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Atarashi said: »
JP twitter comments: Flan's objective in E is actually just kill 15 flans. So you can kill the 12 in the big room, respawn for additional 3.

Haven't personally confirmed it, but a good option for soloer's who might worry about the door closing.
I personally tested this and confirmed a few minutes ago. Killed all 12 flans and got the bitzer objective. Then rematerialized the section and the 3rd flan kill popped the second blue chest. This is indeed a very viable path for lowman or solo runs or even just to blow through easy objectives
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2022-10-26 22:29:33
Link | Citer | R

The bitzer didn't spawn in the room with Flans for me, and I killed like 20 flans, but only got 1 blue chest, idk if 15 flans is true, or I did something wrong

Edit, I left flans objective as the last thing to do, had already killed Botolus/E boss

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Cziella
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2022-10-26 23:15:00
Link | Citer | R

Right, so both can't be true, unless the Bitzer spawns in the Flan's big room, it's not just "kill 15 Flans" like people are claiming it to be.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-27 01:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Fetid Veelas in F basement are strange compared to the "normal" Pixies we know, which are usually either light or dark alligned.
Well... not all, but most?

Anyway, Pixies normally aggro by Sight, but are Fetid Veelas somehow also blood aggroing?
The other day I was sneaked and invi and passed through a group of them in the big rectangular room in F and 3 of them aggroed me with red HP.
I can't tell if they blood aggro... or if I had aggro from a far away Veela that I didn't notice and they just linked or something.
I was 100% sneaked and invi when I passed through them though.

Also I have a question about Basement monsters.
For the ones upstairs we know that pretty much everything is sleepable with both light and dark based sleep (with elementals being an exception according to their element, maybe).
The Fomors aren't sleepable but you can Terror/Petrify them with the BLU spells.

Now what about the basement? Anything that resist either light or dark based sleeps?
Maybe the Vampyrs resist dark based and the Veelas resist Light based?
And I've never been in H but I assume the Fomors there resist everything just like the Fomors upstairs.
By Tokimemofan 2022-10-27 03:11:20
Link | Citer | R

Moderndayz said: »
Shiva.Cziella said: »
Right, so both can't be true, unless the Bitzer spawns in the Flan's big room, it's not just "kill 15 Flans" like people are claiming it to be.

The 15 flans is one objective for the blue chest. Kill all flans.

The bitzer chest is 12 enemies in area that it spawns. It spawning in the flan room saves you the time of having to kill the slimes/slugs in the hallways/rooms.
The specific aspect I was reporting on was specifically about the 15 flans vs all flans. We did not kill or aggro anything along the way and went straight to E and sneak/invised to the 12 flan room cleared it. With the bitzer there we indeed got the first chest after the final kill. We rematerialized the room and the 3rd kill popped the chest. If other people aren’t getting that it’s either confusing the blue chests and the bitzer being elsewhere or there is an exclusionary aspect here. It certainly wouldn’t be a time based thing because it took about 35 min to kill the flans. Maybe it needs to be done before the botulus is killed or before a mini naakual is killed. We skillchained darkness on most but I don’t think all of them. It’s also an easy thing to overlook since there are exactly enough flans to meet 15 without rematerializing. The only reason to do this method though is to specifically avoid the naakual gate locking if you can’t take the 3 in the first room fast enough.
By SimonSes 2022-10-27 03:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Cziella said: »

Bitzer doesnt spawn after killing 12 flans. Bitzer spawns when you enter the zone. Kill mobs around Bitzer is one objective. Kill 15 Flans is another. If Bitzer spawns in Flans, then killing Flans is counted toward both objectives. You don't need to reset map to kill 15 Flans at all, you can kill 3 in the first room and 12 in Flans room. Resetting map is just for solo/lowman people who are afraid they wont kill 3 Flans in first room before 5min timer, after which Naakuls spawn and door closes, cutting you away from part of the map with Bitzer, so you can't leave the zone without killing Naakuls.
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-27 03:47:56
Link | Citer | R

Something I can recommend is a SCH subbing BLM in F2 runs.
Alacrity and Stun is brilliant against the Naakuals, stops most of the full dispels and is especially great on the Lion who seems to like using Glassy Nova.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-27 08:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Alacrity and Stun is brilliant against the Naakuals, stops most of the full dispels and is especially great on the Lion who seems to like using Glassy Nova.

Sudden Lunge is obvious here too, but I would also like to add that you can also use Flat Blade, Leg Sweeep, Shoulder Tackle, Smash Axe, Hobaku, Brainshaker. I'm not sure how good are some of those, but they should be very decent with most Empy+2/3 sets with all those acc/macc.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-27 14:16:55
Link | Citer | R

H Metal conditions ARE NOT:
- no WS
- fire damage and MB
- kill charmed person
- kill from left
- BRD afk watching YouTube
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-10-27 17:49:31
Link | Citer | R

H Metal conditions ARE NOT:
- no WS
- fire damage and MB
- kill charmed person
- kill from left
- BRD afk watching YouTube

hey, I don't watch youtube all the time here. geez
By Mirdain 2022-10-27 18:59:50
Link | Citer | R

I got H medal by just killing all Formors then NM.
 Fenrir.Zenion
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-27 19:27:27
Link | Citer | R

Mirdain said: »
I got H medal by just killing all Formors then NM.

Huh. So that's the brown chest then? I was kind of expecting "kill all fomors" to be the blue chest. Don't suppose you got that along the way and forgot to mention it?

We have hall E, kill 15 flans. Hall F, kill all pixies (right? That's what the wiki says at the moment anyway, does anyone know if it's just a fixed number instead? How many pixies even are there?)

So I got thinking, with hall G having vampyrs as the premium mob, it could be that the objective there is to kill a set number of vampyrs that happens to actually be more than what normally spawns, actually requiring a reset.

But then, you get hall H, no premium mob only fomors, logically then that should just be "eliminate all the fomors" right? But if that's not how it went down then that's going to be an annoying one to crack, maybe we've got a completely different mechanism in place.

By the by, I don't recall seeing it posted in here yet, but the wiki's got the first blue chest in H as "leave hall H and re-enter", and I just want to offer a testimonial that that seems totally accurate. Made my way through hall H, found the bitzer, got out, went back in, and immediately upon appearing in the basement the blue chest spawned right on top of me. Remarkably cut and dry.
 Fenrir.Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-10-27 19:32:44
Link | Citer | R

There are 10 pixies in total. I don't think we've gotten a lot of confirmation on that objective, though. As for kill all Fomors and then NM, that tells us almost nothing, since 1) we don't know how the NM was killed and 2) it could've been any number of subsets of all kills. In other words, it barely narrows down the actual condition at all.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-10-27 19:35:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Positron said: »
There are 10 pixies in total. I don't think we've gotten a lot of confirmation on that objective, though. As for kill all Fomors and then NM, that tells us almost nothing, since 1) we don't know how the NM was killed and 2) it could've been any number of subsets of all kills. In other words, it barely narrows down the actual condition at all.

We have done the kill all Veela more than once. It should just be to kill them all.
 Ragnarok.Siyual
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2022-10-27 20:23:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
* A last-minute issue with certain notorious monsters within Sortie has been identified, and they will be implemented in the November version update. These notorious monsters were intended to be accessible via the temporary items Ra'Kaznar fragment #1 / Ra'Kaznar fragment #2 / Ra'Kaznar fragment #3 / Ra'Kaznar fragment #4. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Quote from the version update notes from October. They hint at multiple NMs not being implemented yet. Just theorizing (and probably been tossed out before) that the Aurum objective could be related to killing those NMs from the Fragments, which might be why we haven't seen it yet.
 Fenrir.Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-10-27 20:48:42
Link | Citer | R

Unlikely. Japanese doesn't make any distinction between singular and plural in most cases so it's probably just a mistranslation.
[+]
By drakefs 2022-10-27 21:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Attempted Dhartok tonight. For some reason it went highly evasive to just about everything (RA, Magic and maybe melee). Was using SCH to open Fusion and RNG closing Light with Trueflight. I (the RDM/RUN) died followed by the RNG. Did not reset fight, got back up and continued tanking but it started to resist flash,gravity and frazzle. The RNG could not land a RA, even though before the death they did not have an acc issue.

Anyone else seen this?
By Torzak 2022-10-27 21:43:18
Link | Citer | R

Dhartok seemed normal to me tonight. Only thing I had to do was an extra Gravity mid-fight which I don't normally need to do, but Seraphs were hitting 99k and no acc issues.
By Mirdain 2022-10-27 23:11:40
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Positron said: »

Killed same way day before nothing.

Only change was killing all the mobs before.

Wildfire and Aeolian Edge only ws both runs.

Take it or leave it I suppose.
By Creecreelo 2022-10-27 23:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »

With decent Acc and Sam Roll, I've found both Geo and Brd to be great at Flat Blade and Brainshaking the stunnable NMs/Naakuals as well, even just by themselves despite the lower stun duration. This does interrupt SCs though if your group is relying on them; although, I'd rather stun the likes of Glassy Nova and screw the SC, personally.

Having someone simply Leg Sweep -> Impulse -> Leg Sweep (if TP gain allows) can be a huge boon as well, while others focus on Savage or W/e spam. If bringing a Pld to tank, they might be great for focusing on Leg Sweep. Ideally, a Blu or Sch could keep them stun locked and not interrupt a SC though.

Edit: Whoops, guess I kind of fleshed out Simon's post somewhat right underneath that I missed lol
By Creecreelo 2022-10-27 23:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but has anyone tried Pet JAs and seen if they cause this weaponskill resistance?

Curious how well a Smn or Bst could do with Dmg and/or Opening SCs for others, and if anyone has tried this yet. Zhivago's Swooping Frenzy (Def-25%/MDB-25 with Fusion) might be quite nice, although I'd worry how long the bird would live, especially on the E boss, which it'd be weak to correlation wise. Maybe with proper buffs/debuffs, Ifrit's Flaming Crush could shine etc? Although Ifrit may also eat ***, but at least he'd be easily resummonable.

Afaik, I believe the initial Sortie bosses didn't have any repeat BP resistance either. Does anyone know if the new bosses have repeat BP resistance?
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 162 163 164