Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 162 163 164
 Asura.Karppa
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-10-24 19:26:55
Link | Citer | R

I think this is worth mention got finally starstone..Blizer F was in elemental room..so didnt even worry about aggro..

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-10-25 02:32:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
I also finally got my first stone from E last night![/quot[quote="Odin.Stayfresh" pid=3644145]I also finally got my first stone from E last night!

Grats :D
By kinkanat 2022-10-25 09:05:46
Link | Citer | R

The truth is that your post has given me an idea.

We are 4 friends playing, we take 5 characters (the mule is the character of a friend who is not playing for now).

So far our party was: BLU, SAM, COR, WHM and GEO (the mule is the GEO), and we invoked Cornelia, but in the final boss of E kills us.

Now with your ideas I've been thinking about changing to MONK, RNG, COR, SCH and GEO. The RNG has full REMA and the MONK has Aeonic, the COR has Armageddon too. So we would roll crit/double attack rolls, Geo would lower defense? and we would focus on white damage with Armageddon and Monk?
Do you see it viable?

Sorry for my bad English, and thanks for your time.
By SimonSes 2022-10-25 09:15:39
Link | Citer | R

I think the easiest way to deal with E boss is RNG, Gravity II and tank that stay far away. Then you can use whatever you want on RNG, crit white damage build or Trueflight and do 99999 WS every 10 sec. Crit build would probably generate much more hate, so it could be harder for tank to keep hate, but you can go /drg and use high and super jump or SCH can SP2 hate on tank from RNG too. MNK as second DD or only DD is completely fine too, as long as you have that tank tanking from max range.

EDIT: You could even use RDM itself to be DD with Seraph Blade.
[+]
By kinkanat 2022-10-25 09:26:12
Link | Citer | R

My idea was for the MNK to be the tank/DD.

The times that we have been fighting against this boss it didn't kill us, we took a long time to die, the problem is that the boss gained a monstrous evasion. But if we did something related to dark (magic or debuff) then it would do a conal attack that would kill you.

So instead of monk I could try to go RUN or PLD, but I think it would also be an important damage loss...

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-10-25 11:40:27
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
Anyone know if Aegis worked on G boss Setting the Stage? Thinking a max MDT PLD + Luopan could make it survivable?

We were able to kill him sub 3 today

SAM closing Skillchain (SCH) fusion with Shoha

SCH+BLM bursting(fire)

WHM BRD COR support

our backup plan was to Caper the BLM at 2:40 and have BLM manawall and eat 'setting the stage'. Confirm Caper moved him instantly to the BLM but we killed him before setting the stage went off

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-10-25 11:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Anyone know if Aegis worked on G boss Setting the Stage? Thinking a max MDT PLD + Luopan could make it survivable?

We were able to kill him sub 3 today

SAM closing Skillchain (SCH) fusion with Shoha

SCH+BLM bursting(fire)

WHM BRD COR support

our backup plan was to Caper the BLM at 2:40 and have BLM manawall and eat 'setting the stage'. Confirm Caper moved him instantly to the BLM but we killed him before setting the stage went off

Im confused by this as someone above mentioned that the 10s WS damage lockout applied to all damage including spells/bursts, this has been our experience too. If I solo chain a Fusion and burst helix I hit 27k, if I burst a fusion made by WS I burst 2k.
We use the same strat on E/G boss

SCH Fusion >SAMorWAR closing Shoha or Savage blade.

Entire time SCH and BLM bombing fire MBs are doing 15-75k. Our bard is nicely applying etudes to us after the DD runs in and applying threnody/burn/impact etc of course. We use a Scherzo on E boss to counteract clobbering wave. with manawall as the safety valve so to speak

edit: G boss we had metal, E boss we haven't been so lucky with metal, most kills without on E metal
By SimonSes 2022-10-25 12:05:22
Link | Citer | R

Im confused by this as someone above mentioned that the 10s WS damage lockout applied to all damage including spells/bursts, this has been our experience too. If I solo chain a Fusion and burst helix I hit 27k, if I burst a fusion made by WS I burst 2k.

For sure not. We were using COR and RUN SC on one boss when SCH was out of strategems and bursts were doing normal damage.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-25 14:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Anybody ever experienced a "lock" after warping to a NM's room in Sheol Gaol?
I've been in the arena for 4 minutes and I can't move my character.
Tried mouse, keyboard, gamepad. I can't open a menu or move, but can chat just fine.

Edit:
Forced DC myself and now I can move just fine, odd!
But now I can't use Sylvie UC... or maybe you never could in Gaol?
 Fenrir.Positron
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-10-25 14:18:04
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing this is just an issue of magic accuracy -- on my RDM with near-perfect gear enspells get resisted by Dhartok 90% of the time and landing regular debuffs can take a few tries.

My SCH's gear is only "okay" and the best Helix I've ever seen against it is 6500, most likely a 3/4 resist, or 1/2 resist and 50% SDT tier.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-25 14:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody ever experienced a "lock" after warping to a NM's room in Sheol Gaol?
I've been in the arena for 4 minutes and I can't move my character.
Tried mouse, keyboard, gamepad. I can't open a menu or move, but can chat just fine.

Edit:
Forced DC myself and now I can move just fine, odd!
But now I can't use Sylvie UC... or maybe you never could in Gaol?

Odyssey is *** wucky with special trusts. You'll be able to use her again when you reenter.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-25 16:36:01
Link | Citer | R

If I’m remembering correctly, you can never use UC trusts in Goal, because trusts are shared between party members and the UC trust list isn’t included.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-25 17:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Yeah just noticed that if one of your Trusts dies you cannot resummon that trust. BUT you can summon even with aggro.

Why the *** did they go this route I wonder? Was it really that necessary?
I fail to see what's the idea behind handling trusts this way in Gaol. Is there some game design purpose or something?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-25 17:11:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Yeah just noticed that if one of your Trusts dies you cannot resummon that trust.
Can't repeat trust just like we can't repeat jobs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-25 17:14:01
Link | Citer | R

You're like a full year+ late on that.

If I had to guess, you can't resummon same trusts probably for the same reason they implemented job restriction. If you were doing 3 repeat fights, you would have to come up with unique combinations for clearing; that would include not using the same 3-5 powerful trusts every time. Being able to resummon with enmity only helps everyone, so it's not a bad thing.

Obviously the Moogle Mastery and trusts system for Gaol was included as a way to help solo or lowman players, but they didn't want you being able to call endless armies of AAEV or Ygnas Trusts, as that would pretty much defeat the layout of the content. IMO, that's one of the best places to use Trusts, as they are incredibly beefier than any other area in the game.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-25 17:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, totally makes sense.
Also FML I just noticed I posted this in the wrong thread, sorry everyone >_>''
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Serveur: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2022-10-25 22:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Gadget#E was not usable for us tonight. Not sure why...

We did all but Obdella kill in A because it was not conveniently wandering and then went 4/4 in E. Everyone in the party had Shard#E and Metal#E.
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2022-10-26 00:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Was it possible you had aggro? I tried to outrun some aggro and enter Gadget E before they caught up, but wasn't able to. Was able to enter have killing the aggro.
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2022-10-26 01:21:07
Link | Citer | R

Magey strat thats work in progress. OP is too humble to share on their own. Short and sweet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA5wXVKsDxU

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-10-26 06:49:12
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Vespajava said: »
Magey strat thats work in progress. OP is too humble to share on their own. Short and sweet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA5wXVKsDxU

nice comp, could probably melt all 4 basement bosses in one run like that if temp items were prepared in advance.

It's basically what's Lute's group is posting on Youtube. We used that to kill F and G. They killed all bosses with it, but they struggled with H boss and succeed in like 3rd run finally. Changing elements kinda make it problematic, but it's still doable. Personally I think RNG+SCH strategy has more chance to kill 4 bosses in oen run, but generally I wouldn't even try doing that. I would try to kill at least one boss in the same run in which you would get all the shards from ABCD, then split doing all other bosses and metal for mega boss (that we dont know nothing about I guess) and finally do mega boss in 4th run. This is all assuming doing mega boss will be worth it :)
By Nehot 2022-10-26 07:32:35
Link | Citer | R

Is it just me or does it look like the MB wall is not present for these fights? Both the non SC'ing SCH and BLM were bursting at the same time for max damage and nether Ryke or Subtle Sorcery were used. I may be mistaken but will rewatch this video later today. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this?

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-10-26 07:57:56
Link | Citer | R

Nehot said: »

Is it just me or does it look like the MB wall is not present for these fights? Both the non SC'ing SCH and BLM were bursting at the same time for max damage and nether Ryke or Subtle Sorcery were used. I may be mistaken but will rewatch this video later today. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this?

He wrote Gambit > Rayke with like Font size 30 at 2:50.
It was used at 2:28 (way too soon btw).
The following MB window it's the only one when they are doing capped damage at all. You just need to pay more attention I guess XD
 Valefor.Kriz
Serveur: Valefor
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2022-10-26 13:27:25
Link | Citer | R

I didn't see it, so I wanted to add that Ionis works in Sortie.

I checked /checkparam before Ionis, then post Ionis, and the post Ionis attack/accuracy/defense/evasion numbers increased by 20 and stayed that way in Sortie.

This isn't a big surprise, but it's worth grabbing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2022-10-26 14:07:54
Link | Citer | R

Probably a million other solo pathing videos posted here, but didn't want to sift through 93 pages.

Full recording of basement chest farming done on MNK/WAR with trusts.

8k muffins, 5x blue basement chests, Aurum, and D order chests (could do H chest instead of that for a 6th basement chest).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ppUi0fDDqE
(The HD version is still rendering so quality is grainy until that finishes)
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-26 15:06:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Siyual said: »
Probably a million other solo pathing videos posted here, but didn't want to sift through 93 pages.

Full recording of basement chest farming done on MNK/WAR with trusts.

8k muffins, 5x blue basement chests, Aurum, and D order chests (could do H chest instead of that for a 6th basement chest).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ppUi0fDDqE
(The HD version is still rendering so quality is grainy until that finishes)

Very nice.

I would say the item that helps you achieve that the most is Shneddick ring ;)

At least I assume it's Shneddick Ring, I'm not sure while watching in 360p :D
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 162 163 164