Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 162 163 164
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-22 04:12:17
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Jokes said: »
What’s everyone’s luck with stars so far? We’ve done a run every day for the past week and got 30 smelly old cases. Close to just calling it a day with terrible content. The effort/reward ratio is way off.

I got 3 so far, but none from the with main static runs (4 per week). In static we are currently like 0/??. At least 5 boss kills, 10(?) red and 30+ blue.
Funny enough I got 2 Stars in one run IN A ROW from Red then blue and 3rd one I got on totally miserable run that started with wipe and in which I only got like 1 red and 3 blues.

5 Blue and 2 Red today. No Starstone again
We've gotten x5 Starstones and far too many NQ Old Cases to count.
Agreed that the effort/reward ratio is way off kilter.
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-10-22 04:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
Chimerawizard said: »
plate? you mean Shard #E? Sortie#Major NMs.

I don't know what I mean. As I mentioned, it says on Dhartok's BGWiki Page the following:

Quote:
Found past Diaphanous Device #E in Sector E of Sortie. Need a Ra'Kaznar Plate #E to access.

We couldn't enter the boss area in #E earlier, and when I went to Dhartok's page it says that I need an item that I can't find a reference to anywhere else.

Apparently we need to go kill #A boss again since we haven't since the last update. That information didn't seem to be very clear on the Sortie page, and definitely not on Dhartok's page.

Yeah, the boss page is wrong. I copied it from Ghatjot, which was also wrong, just to have some info on the page. I have been slowly cleaning up the other sections as people add info but the NM part and NM pages are still a mess. I've been waiting for more info before I sink too much time into the cleanup because as more info gets added the entropy grows again. I've lost track of how many hours have been spent reorganizing and rewording the Hidden Objectives section as more info gets added.
By SimonSes 2022-10-22 04:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
We've gotten x5 Starstones and far too many NQ Old Cases to count.
Agreed that the effort/reward ratio is way off kilter.

You should consider yourself lucky then. My group is 0 Starstone from like 65 combined bosses/blue/red.
 Fenrir.Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-10-22 04:48:46
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone seen confirmation of the claim that getting aggro while attempting to get Casket #G1 invalidates the objective? The claim seems very suspect and I haven't seen any confirmation since the original report.
 Fenrir.Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-10-22 05:15:24
Link | Citer | R

klayy said: »
G.. you kill all the hounds on one side, all the dullahans on the other. That pops them. I've yet to see someone kill them without them just respawning. If its order, idk.. if someone confirmed that WKR order doesn't work
Our group has gotten the Red Coffer in G four times in a row so we're pretty confident this is how it's done.

Kill all Hounds, then kill all Dullahans.

Naakuals spawn (pull Dullahans to a doorway to avoid mass aggro).

Kill in the order the WKR appeared in, rather the zones closest to Adoulin outward.

(These 3 might be interchangable)
Bztavian > Rockfin > Gabbrath
Waktza
Yggdrent
Cehuezti

Will record it later.

Any chance we can get some extra confirmation on this? Not that I doubt you, Ruau, but that is not the order in WKR, RoE, or lore-distance from Adoulin; Yggdreant comes before Waktza in all cases. My group has not attempted the Naakuals in G yet, so I'd be really interested in seeing some video of this.
 Fenrir.Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-10-22 05:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Edit: double post
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-10-22 05:44:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I will ask it just to be sure:
Do we all have to be in the same basement zone to get credit for objectives? Or could we send someone to E, someone to F, someone to G, at the same time, to do some things in parallel?
 Asura.Helmaru
Serveur: Asura
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-22 05:50:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
From this I get that you can't do that objective while invi/sneaked, right?

I know the /hurray one for B doesn't work if you're invisible, for instance.

H chest is leaving and re-entering.

Do you mean G? (stand around) This can be done sneak/invis no problem.
[+]
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2022-10-22 06:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I will ask it just to be sure:
Do we all have to be in the same basement zone to get credit for objectives? Or could we send someone to E, someone to F, someone to G, at the same time, to do some things in parallel?

we tested it, someone opened a chest in G, i was i E and got 0 reward (just saw the message in chat but no muffins)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-22 06:40:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
From this I get that you can't do that objective while invi/sneaked, right?
Nope, denied.
Just tested and it worked when you're invisible and sneaked, the chest pops.

Also I tested Fetid Ixion with sneak and invi up, he didn't aggro me no matter how hard I tried.
Which implies he is not true sight/sound
 Fenrir.Zenion
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-22 09:13:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Positron said: »
Has anyone seen confirmation of the claim that getting aggro while attempting to get Casket #G1 invalidates the objective? The claim seems very suspect and I haven't seen any confirmation since the original report.

Actually, my experience was the opposite. I perfect dodge tanked a dullahan while waiting out the timer, and the chest popped just fine. The thing is, you can't stop targeting the bitzer for the duration, and you can't move, both of which are really likely reactions to being aggroed...

Fenrir.Positron said: »
klayy said: »
G.. you kill all the hounds on one side, all the dullahans on the other. That pops them. I've yet to see someone kill them without them just respawning. If its order, idk.. if someone confirmed that WKR order doesn't work
Our group has gotten the Red Coffer in G four times in a row so we're pretty confident this is how it's done.

Kill all Hounds, then kill all Dullahans.

Naakuals spawn (pull Dullahans to a doorway to avoid mass aggro).

Kill in the order the WKR appeared in, rather the zones closest to Adoulin outward.

(These 3 might be interchangable)
Bztavian > Rockfin > Gabbrath
Waktza
Yggdrent
Cehuezti

Will record it later.

Any chance we can get some extra confirmation on this? Not that I doubt you, Ruau, but that is not the order in WKR, RoE, or lore-distance from Adoulin; Yggdreant comes before Waktza in all cases. My group has not attempted the Naakuals in G yet, so I'd be really interested in seeing some video of this.

My group has done bztavian > rockfin > gabbrath > waktza > yggdreant > cehuetzi two runs in a row now in hall G and gotten the chest smoothly from it. We try not to pull the next before the previous is dead, holding two at once might interfere? (We also use "buy seven donuts beside the cop" to help remember. Bee, shark, dino, bird, tree, cat.)
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-10-22 10:45:21
Link | Citer | R

Moderndayz said: »
Asura.Karppa said: »
Got Pitzer F coffer no starstone with 5/5 empy set legs was +1 only 300 muffins XD and death..well at least this is easy way for soloer get startones...oh and didn't summon trusts this time.. previous try was with trusts no coffer ..

Any empy works, you can have the nq stuff from abyssea on. Just has to be the job you are on. Starstones don't exist... None yet from chests...

I hope u r wrong...about starstones :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2022-10-22 13:22:51
Link | Citer | R

In G we tried: Bztavian > Gabbrath > Rockfin > Waktza > Yggdreant > Cehuetzi.
respawned.

Bztavian > Rockfin > Gabbrath > Waktza > Yggdreant > Cehuetzi.
Door opened + Red Chest.

On both groupings, we would sometimes pull before a previous one died to reduce the wait between mobs.

Wish I was. Been doing the chests since the content came out this update. Just haven't seen any as of yet.
a friend's alt got a starstone on his alt run, but on our mains only runs, we have also yet to see a starstone drop. it's gotta be similar rarity as case+1 upstairs(A~D).
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By drakefs 2022-10-22 14:31:06
Link | Citer | R

I get ~4 blue chest a run and 1 red chest a run. Seen one case +1 and no stones.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-10-22 14:33:39
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
We've had quite a few starstones by now, hitting as many basement blues/reds as we can in one run. Always had atleast 1-2 in inventory by the time we hit 70k so its defo not a +1 case rarity.

For you.
Im 3/66 and my static is 0/50+
Maybe not +1 case rarity, but very close

EDIT: and static is 2/50+ on +1 cases too

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-10-22 14:45:59
Link | Citer | R

This event is ***

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2022-10-22 14:49:34
Link | Citer | R

70k for the upgrade and 90k to buy a starstone to +3. I know this is the content for the next few years but that is quite a jump from 10k/15k for +2 upgrade. But sitting on 34 sapphires and yet to see a starstone. Kind of over the top if you ask me...

Should be able to trade sapphires in for a starstone. Could even be a big number if they wanted like 20 or something.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-22 15:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
70k for the upgrade and 90k to buy a starstone to +3. I know this is the content for the next few years but that is quite a jump from 10k/15k for +2 upgrade. But sitting on 34 sapphires and yet to see a starstone. Kind of over the top if you ask me...

Should be able to trade sapphires in for a starstone. Could even be a big number if they wanted like 20 or something.

In before you need 10k Starstones to upgrade your prime weapon...

:)

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-10-22 15:33:40
Link | Citer | R

For me the event itself is VERY good. Just Old case +1 drop sucks imo.

There is lots of different objectives, which is fun. People always want something else than simple Savage spam, then they cry about gimmicks :roll_eyes:

- Lots of various mobs suited for different damage
- Nuking and BLM is very relevant for E,F,G bosses at least. Ranged strategies are also good, white damage is more balanced with WS wall being a thing etc.
- Trash mobs arent a push over, which actually promote more balanced approach with crowd control and also defensive buffs/debuffs
- Solo players still have few "free" chests to look forward, so the slow, but steady progress is possible.
- Bosses are actually designed very well. They have gimmicks, but gimmicks that you can play with, but also gimmicks that cant be ignored, like Bumba's.

From the gameplay perspective it's one of the best if not THE best event in FFXI imo and daily/6 players is imo a good thing. It means it's easier to setup as PUG, especially that you can do a lot with not optimal setup still and also you are not pressured to be super optimal or not to risk any new tactics, like in Dynamis for example, because you can always go next day.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-22 15:59:28
Link | Citer | R

For me the event itself is VERY good. Just Old case +1 drop sucks imo.
I don't have much experience but so far I share the same feeling.
That and the 100k Gallimaufry cap.

The rest I guess I could make a list of small complaints but it's such small things it's not worth the trouble, really.

Earrings though are a big fail if they're stayin like that.

Point still stands though that for the past 3+ years we haven't seen a single event that you can do with more than 6 people. I'm not blaming Sortie for that, I'm blaming SE.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-10-22 16:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Basically upgrading to +2 is quick / easy for most people, going to +3 is going to take much longer and you'll need to prioritize pieces. Maybe they'll lower cost or increase ways to get starstones something in the middle of next year. We can thank all those folks who went at it hard every day and upgraded everything, then complained they had nothing else to do.

Viciouss said: »

In before you need 10k sapphires to upgrade your prime weapon...

Lol I think it'll be more like 500 needed, not 10K. I suspect we'll need to "deposit" 1,000,000 muffins though.
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 162 163 164